New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Well, like I said, I refuse to wear the clawed boots from the Juggernaught PvE armor. Fortunately, modable armor generally makes that less important here.
    I really do love the idea of moddable armour. My agent is 39 (hoping for 40 tonight! ) and he's still wearing the same gear he got from Hammer Station because it looks cool. I really can't imagine him in any other outfit, purely from where I've gotten so used to it.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

There's a really cool-looking trenchcoat for IAs that drops in Boarding Party. I personally think it's much better than the one from Black Talon. I only wish the material was thicker so it didn't whip around when I'm moving like paper blowing in the wind. Or, rather, when Ensign Temple is moving, as I've since upgraded my aesthetics to the Imperial Pilot set, though I'm wearing one of the visors from Nar Shaddaa instead of the helmet.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Sigh. My Agent finally got his ship, and I thought it looked real cool. Then I took it out for a spin in a space mission, and now I hate it - those dinky-sounding little popguns are awful compared to the Fury's laser cannons.
    Yeah... i hear you (unfortunately). To me, the ship looks something out of Star Trek (as if a Jem'Hadar fighter had its way with Voyager), but still cool.

Thankfully everything else with the Agent makes up for the ship goofs.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmmm I was randomly thinking of when the story will continue and had a thought, the Inquisitor/Agent and Warrior are going to have to have a smackdown at some point. They just represent opposite ends of where people see the Empire going.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Hmmm I was randomly thinking of when the story will continue and had a thought, the Inquisitor/Agent and Warrior are going to have to have a smackdown at some point. They just represent opposite ends of where people see the Empire going.
    If anyone's going to have a smackdown, it's the Warrior and the Knight.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    If anyone's going to have a smackdown, it's the Warrior and the Knight.
    Well it's more the Warrior is going to have a smackdown with everyone, considering the emp...
    But coming from the Inquisitor storyline, mister heavy armor is going to have to be taken down a peg for your own plans.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-03-16 at 08:43 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground

If any of you had an unsettling dream or felt a chill down your spine, I believe I have the explanation:

The 1.2 Patch Notes are up.
    Last edited by Blackdrop; 2012-03-17 at 04:21 AM.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well, that's a boatload of news. Not much hard info on the legacy system, frustratingly. Also, no dual spec.

Still, nice to know that they listened to players and added 8-man groups to Ranked Warzones.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-03-17 at 09:32 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

9. - Top - End - #279

Lights Out: A mission step to defeat Field Commander Anhur has been added to this mission.
    I hope this is optional Deep down a part of me knows it won't be

10. - Top - End - #280
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Reactions on a selfish level:

Seems like Snipers stayed pretty much the same or maybe even got a small buff, and I'm excited to see what the new Marksman skills are worth. Seems like basically everybody else (other than maybe Assassins, who were oddly left pretty much alone) got a nerf though, just from skimming.

I'm also really curious to see how the crew skills work out, and exactly what these new Armstech orange recipes are.

Were the ship droids worse than the typical crew member before for crafting (apart from the affection difference)? Because the new +crit module you can buy is flexible in terms of the skill it boosts, it may end up that for some people (i.e. me) the ship droid may end up being the best crafter (since I have no +armstech crit as an IA).

Somewhat related to 1.2: Does anyone know if the legacy buffs are cross-faction or not? Like, my IA's +5% crit, does that apply to my republic characters, or only if I had empire alts?

11. - Top - End - #281

So Innervate... is... useless now? edit- except as its normal function as a pvp 'so you don't die in the next 2 seconds' spell.
    I know the unlimited force thing was bad for balance, but now I don't see the appeal of that talent at all.

Also I'm not allowed in the free weekend.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-03-17 at 01:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    I hope this is optional Deep down a part of me knows it won't be
    Whelp, I guess we now know how they're fixing the stealth-solo exploit for Lights Out.

On planets with an Orbital Station, players can now travel directly from the planet shuttle on the surface to their ship.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

The Sprint ability is now available at level 1.
    Handy.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-03-17 at 01:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Whelp, I guess we now know how they're fixing the stealth-solo exploit for Lights Out.
    You didn't need stealth, actually. You just through your tank companion at 1 group, and ran from panel to panel. You usually died once, but you still made more than enough to cover the repair costs.

I don't have a huge problem with this. It cuts down on my daily coms (once I start farming them), yes, but it's kind of stupid that you can solo a level 50 4-man heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Reactions on a selfish level:

Seems like Snipers stayed pretty much the same or maybe even got a small buff, and I'm excited to see what the new Marksman skills are worth. Seems like basically everybody else (other than maybe Assassins, who were oddly left pretty much alone) got a nerf though, just from skimming.

Actually I think the glowbat focused class (Warriors and knights) also got a buff, as did operative healers. Not sure what buffing Marauder will do to pvp, though.

Let's see. Several abilities became cheaper, my two biggest barriers to hybriding as a tank got moved down a tier, and stuff otherwise got improved. Only downside is I suspect I'm going to have to waste one point in quake . Marauder looks like it got a buff as well. Powertech got tweaked, not sure wether it's really a buff or a nerf.

Somewhat related to 1.2: Does anyone know if the legacy buffs are cross-faction or not? Like, my IA's +5% crit, does that apply to my republic characters, or only if I had empire alts?
    If I had to guess, I'd say you most likely will only get your agent buff on your imperial characters, or it will give your republic characters the smuggler buff instead of the agent buff.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-03-17 at 02:08 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

No news on RE grenades or freeing abilities from needing sabers. =(

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes
    Wrath now affects Lightning Strike and Crushing Darkness only.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

16. - Top - End - #286

Thumbs down Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Agreed. It was silly, but it will still invoke much RAEG.

Continuing:

Companion gifts are now stackable.
    The cooldown associated with giving companions gifts has been removed. Giving a gift now has a 3-second activation time.
    Heck yeah, it's about time.

C2-N2 and 2V-R8 have been reprimanded and now vocalize less frequently on personal starships.
    Lololololololol.

Companions now use accurate voice responses regarding the success or failure of their Crew Missions when they return.
    That always bugged me a little bit.

The chance of researching schematics via reverse engineering has been significantly increased.
    Handy.

What did you use Wrath on besides LS or CD?
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-03-17 at 02:09 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

This accurately describes how I feel about the sorcerer-healing changes.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Or the merc changes, in my case.
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Feels like only Snipers/Gunslingers, Operative/scoundrel healers, and the warrior subclasses came out ahead here. Vanguard/Powertech seems more... different than nerfed.

Feel like all operatives needed a bit of a buff, personally, but every one of the classes that got buffed had a fair amount of complaints about being underpowered. Maybe Bioware is trying to stabilize the power levels?

Let's see...

Sage/Sorceror was detested in pvp
    Assassin/Shadow... Did not pay attention to what happened to them at all. They're also the class I'm least familiar with, so I can't judge how hard they're going to be hit by any changes.
    Mercenary/Commando; Arsenal Merc got a lot of flak for being easy-mode. Not convinced Merc healers needed such a heavy handed nerf; Only complaint I've heard about them is that killing them in PvP was a pain.
    Operative/Scoundrel DPS; Kicking them while they're down bioware? Don't see the need for this.

I question the wisdom of buffing the sentinel/marauder, though. As is, it's already becoming one of the dominant pvp specs, and now? I expect Marauder to be the new flavor of the month.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

The changes to Sentinels (Maurauders) seem relatively mild actually. There's a lot of talent tree reorganization, but it shouldn't fundamentally rework how the class is played. Outside of the fixes to Ataru form and some quality of life improvements to the Focus tree, most of the buffs seem to be more towards improving the usefulness of party utility (i.e. Transcendence and Inspiration buffs, or whatever their Sith equivalent is called).

Personally, I'm more worried about the changes they're making to PvP and Warzones in particular.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    The changes to Sentinels (Maurauders) seem relatively mild actually. There's a lot of talent tree reorganization, but it shouldn't fundamentally rework how the class is played. Outside of the fixes to Ataru form and some quality of life improvements to the Focus tree, most of the buffs seem to be more towards improving the usefulness of party utility (i.e. Transcendence and Inspiration buffs, or whatever their Sith equivalent is called).

Personally, I'm more worried about the changes they're making to PvP and Warzones in particular.
    What changes specifically?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

What changes specifically?
    Are you referring to the Sentinel changes or the PvP changes?

Both Sections Quoted for Reference:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Knight
    General
    • Awe no longer costs Focus to activate.
    • Dispatch can now be used on targets at or below 30% of maximum health (up from 20%).
    • Force Kick no longer costs Focus to activate.
    • Master Strike can no longer be interrupted.

Sentinel
    • Due to changes in the Sentinel skill trees, Sentinels have had their skill points refunded.
    • Crippling Throw's "Trauma" effect can no longer be cleansed.
    • Force Camouflage now additionally reduces all damage taken by 50% while active.
    • Pacify no longer has a Focus cost and is no longer limited by the global cooldown.
    • Transcendence now affects all Operation Group members.
    • Zen (while in Ataru Form) now additionally reduces the Focus cost and global cooldown of Cyclone Slash.

Watchman
    • Focused Pursuit has been replaced by Focused Leap, which increases the Focus generated by Force Leap.
    • Force Fade no longer grants damage reduction while Force Camouflage is active. It now increases the duration of Force Camouflage by 1 second per point and increases the movement speed bonus of Force Camouflage by 10% per point.
    • Inflammation now applies a 50% movement speed reduction (up from 30%).
    • Valor is now located in Tier 1 of the skill tree.

Combat
    • Ataru Form damage effects (procs) now deal weapon-based damage instead of Force-based damage. The overall damage of these effects has been increased by approximately 10%.
    • Ataru Form now correctly triggers when fighting very large targets.
    • Fleetfooted now additionally increases the movement speed bonus granted by Transcendence by 15% per point.
    • Temperance has been replaced by Stagger, which increases Force Leap's immobilize effect.

Focus (Sentinel)
    • Felling Blow is now a 3-point skill with the same overall effect. The effect now lasts 20 seconds (up from 15).
    • Force Exhaustion's cooldown has been reduced to 18 seconds. Its overall effect is unchanged.
    • Gravity now specifically affects Leg Slash and Force Exhaustion.
    • Inner Focus has been redesigned. It now requires 2 points in Singularity and causes Zen (while in Shii-Cho Form) to immediately grant 2 stacks of Singularity per point.
    • Master Focus now increases the damage of Master Strike instead of affecting Force Stasis.
    • Singularity's buff effects now last 20 seconds (up from 15).
    • Swelling Winds is now located in Tier 1 of the Focus skill tree. It increases the damage dealt by Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash and reduces the cooldown of Force Sweep.
    • Unwavering Focus has been removed from the game.
    • Zealous Leap now immobilizes the target for 1 second.
    • Zephyr has been replaced by Zephyrean Slash, which allows Slash critical hits to have a chance to refund 2 points of Focus while the Sentinel is in Shii-Cho Form.
    The following two items are my primary gripe with Warzone changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Warzone Changes
    • Rewards per medal earned have been rebalanced considering the new medals available.
    • Players who earn few to no medals now have overall rewards reduced (for instance, an AFK player would receive no rewards).

Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention was that I'm worried about the changes to removable armorings. Now, everyone will look exactly the same in their crit-crafted orange armor! End result? We're all clones of each other, only now it's much harder to get each piece so we'll spend even more time farming and grinding HMs and Ops for alloys and such. There really needs to be a way to attach an augment slot to an existing item, even if it's for an extremely expensive cost.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention was that I'm worried about the changes to removable armorings. Now, everyone will look exactly the same in their crit-crafted orange armor! End result? We're all clones of each other, only now it's much harder to get each piece so we'll spend even more time farming and grinding HMs and Ops for alloys and such. There really needs to be a way to attach an augment slot to an existing item, even if it's for an extremely expensive cost.
    And people don't already look alike in their PVP/Rakata armour? There are a lot more Orange schematics than there are commendation sets, since low level Oranges are useful all the way to 50, and you can find a set you like and stick with it and not have to wear those godawful monstrosities...

Edit: I see what you mean by the invisible post bug
    Last edited by Jokes; 2012-03-18 at 02:10 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294

Squark wanted Legacy info, so that's what y'all are gettin'.

Edit: Ooooooh! Potential 1.3 Legacy info as well!
    Last edited by Blackdrop; 2012-03-18 at 06:53 AM.
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Another comic if anyone's interested:

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Another comic if anyone's interested:

Spoiler
    Show
    From my experience, Sith roleplay more often than not ends with a kitten-kicking Sith and a grey Sith arguing.

Light-side Sith seem to be like bigfoot, our guild's glorious leader aside.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

What did you use Wrath on besides LS or CD?
    Chain lightning presumably. The sole purpose of this tweak is to make the 0/13/28 build unviable. Not an unexpected change but still an unwelcome one.
    Last edited by Lostbutseeking; 2012-03-18 at 12:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbutseeking View Post
    Chain lightning presumably. The sole purpose of this tweak is to make the 0/13/28 build unviable. Not an unexpected change but still an unwelcome one.
    Well, it's a good thing I was always running 3/5/31 then.

Though in other, weirder, news, I just logged in after a break to see the returns on crew missions I'd dispatched before logging out. The Diplomacy mission I had queued up was a failure, but it still returned exactly 2.2000000476837 Dark Side Points. Lolwut.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well, it's a good thing I was always running 3/5/31 then.

Though in other, weirder, news, I just logged in after a break to see the returns on crew missions I'd dispatched before logging out. The Diplomacy mission I had queued up was a failure, but it still returned exactly 2.2000000476837 Dark Side Points. Lolwut.
    Failed diplomacy missions still return a small amount of LS or DS points, and often do so in fractional numbers, frustratingly.

30. - Top - End - #300

Failed diplomacy missions still return a small amount of LS or DS points, and often do so in fractional numbers, frustratingly.
    Yah, it was the fractional thing that confused me, not the points-on-failure.