New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Yah, it was the fractional thing that confused me, not the points-on-failure.
    I wonder why you would store something innately an integer (DS/LS point totals) as a float though. Could be typecasting into the database as an INT though, so it's just 2...
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #302
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

It's displaying the full decimal out to 10 places or so when I open my paper-doll page, though.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    And people don't already look alike in their PVP/Rakata armour? There are a lot more Orange schematics than there are commendation sets, since low level Oranges are useful all the way to 50, and you can find a set you like and stick with it and not have to wear those godawful monstrosities...

Edit: I see what you mean by the invisible post bug
    Except that as it stands, all pre-50 non-crafted orange gear will be useless as well. End result is mostly the same, with everyone looking identical in their crit-crafted orange gear with augment slots. The only difference is the time it will take for people to acquire enough biometric crystal alloys.

and yes, there is something specifically wrong with this thread, as I've seen the invisible post bug crop up repeatedly...

Well, it's a good thing I was always running 3/5/31 then.

Though in other, weirder, news, I just logged in after a break to see the returns on crew missions I'd dispatched before logging out. The Diplomacy mission I had queued up was a failure, but it still returned exactly 2.2000000476837 Dark Side Points. Lolwut.
    There's currently a bug with Diplomacy missions returning an improper number of LS/DS points.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Except that as it stands, all pre-50 non-crafted orange gear will be useless as well. End result is mostly the same, with everyone looking identical in their crit-crafted orange gear with augment slots. The only difference is the time it will take for people to acquire enough biometric crystal alloys.
    But...they won't all look alike.* Right now, there are six endgame looks for each class (the three PvP and PvE sets), and there are really only two, since the different tiers are mostly variations on a theme.

I went through Torhead, and I see 16 different medium armor orange chestpieces (don't know how accurate that is, and that's not taking into account any schematics added by 1.2). Yeah, the non-crafted oranges are still not best in slot, but they're closer than they used to be, and going from ~2 looks to ~20 is still a pretty good improvement. It can't hurt, at the least.
    Also, from what I understand, purples will become oranges (functionally), so that should open things up even more.

The selection on the weapons is, at the moment, a little more restrictive, since most have only 1 or 2 orange schematics. I'm hoping that will improve a bit in 1.2.

*In theory it could be that everyone looks alike because everyone thinks a certain set looks the best, but I doubt this will happen.
    Last edited by Salur; 2012-03-18 at 08:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

I like the "add an augment slot to a pre-existing item" idea. Because that opens up social items, too.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

6. - Top - End - #306

A 16-man op with everyone in formalwear would be the most hilarious screenshot ever.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Were the ship droids worse than the typical crew member before for crafting (apart from the affection difference)? Because the new +crit module you can buy is flexible in terms of the skill it boosts, it may end up that for some people (i.e. me) the ship droid may end up being the best crafter (since I have no +armstech crit as an IA).
    They were worse because they were less likely to crit and took longer to craft than normal companions. Because you don't have any "influence" factor with him, you don't get any of those modifiers. That being said, he's a good person to use for crafting if you're not looking for any augment slots (say you're crafting barrels or mods), because he can't fail those tasks, unlike with missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Somewhat related to 1.2: Does anyone know if the legacy buffs are cross-faction or not? Like, my IA's +5% crit, does that apply to my republic characters, or only if I had empire alts?
    The way they talked it up, it's supposed to be cross faction.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbutseeking View Post
    Chain lightning presumably. The sole purpose of this tweak is to make the 0/13/28 build unviable. Not an unexpected change but still an unwelcome one.
    Except 0/13/28 is still completely viable, it'll just have less AoE and be a lot less fun. In fact, it's apparently still possible to double-dip* Lightning Barrage on the PTS right now, which it what's causing 0/13/28 to currently outperform pure Lightning or Madness on single-target damage rather than being dead-even with them.

*For those who don't know, "double-dipping" refers to a bug where you can receive certain procs' benefit on two abilities instead of one by queuing the second. Force Bending/Conveyance has probably been the most notable beneficiary of the bug (and the one for which it is being fixed in 1.2), but it also works with Lightning Barrage to get two double-speed Force Lightnings in a row (provided you also have the Madness skill).
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

The general atmosphere in the PTS forums on the main site amuses me to no end.

Mercs: "My class is the worst healer in the game."
    Sorcerers: "No, MY class is the worst healer in the game."
    Mercs: "No you aren't. I'll never heal anything ever again."
    Sorcerers: "Who cares about you? My ability to be the best healer in the game is ruined! I'm down to the level of you lowly, pathetic piece-of-crap healers. I'm unsubbing!"
    Mercs: "Yeah, I'm unsubbing too! Way to ruin your stupid game, you talentless hacks!"
    Sorcerers: "This game is going to die!"
    Sane, Rational Player: "Will you guys relax? We've tested some of this stuff out on PTS and it isn't as bad as it looks. Just calm down, okay?"
    Sorcerers and Merc: "YOU'RE A STUPID TROLL OR A SHEEP OR A FANBOI OR YOU WORK FOR EA-LOL-WARE!"

Oh, the hilarity.
    Last edited by Blackdrop; 2012-03-20 at 02:22 AM.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310

Yeah... official forums are like Sith Holocrons. You are corrupted just by having viewed them.

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_Shadowblade View Post

Sorcerers: "Who cares about you? My ability to be the best healer in the game is ruined! I'm down to the level of you lowly, pathetic piece-of-crap healers. I'm unsubbing!"
    Mercs: "Yeah, I'm unsubbing too! Way to ruin your stupid game, you talentless hacks!"
    Sane, Rational Player: "Will you guys relax? We've tested some of this stuff out on PTS and it isn't as bad as it looks. Just calm down, okay?"
    Sorcerers and Merc: "YOU'RE A STUPID TROLL OR A SHEEP OR A FANBOI OR YOU WORK FOR EA-LOL-WARE!"

Oh, the hilarity.
    Agent: *Spams Kolto Probe+Surgical Probe, eats popcorn, wins at life*

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

So I started an Agent just now. Back in the beta, there were green highlights for where I could take cover and jump to cover. They don't seem to appear for me anymore. How do I get them to show up?

Also, how can I disable the Cover bar? The option doesn't seem to be available in Preferences at all...

13. - Top - End - #313

So I started an Agent just now. Back in the beta, there were green highlights for where I could take cover and jump to cover. They don't seem to appear for me anymore. How do I get them to show up?

Also, how can I disable the Cover bar? The option doesn't seem to be available in Preferences at all...
    The cover locations only appear if you're close to an object you can take cover behind. Otherwise you just crouch in place.

14. - Top - End - #314

The cover locations only appear if you're close to an object you can take cover behind. Otherwise you just crouch in place.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

It's not under preferences -> action bars, right at the top?

But seeing as you have abilities that require cover, and other abilities that require you to not be in cover, why would you not want to have the cover bar enabled?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Firbolg in the Playground

Or if you go sniper you say 'screw the rules, I HAVE LASER SHIELD' and pop into cover wherever you want.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Agent: *Spams Kolto Probe+Surgical Probe, eats popcorn, wins at life*
    I like my Medic Agent. Surgical Probe will only get you so far in PVP though. It heals for a fairly small amount, even though its free and if you're spamming it, it locks you out from doing anything else. I use it mainly to top people up with and use Kolto Infusion and Kolto Probe. If I'm completely stuffed for energy though, that's when the Surgical Probe spam begins.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post

But seeing as you have abilities that require cover, and other abilities that require you to not be in cover, why would you not want to have the cover bar enabled?
    Okay so apparently cover highlights (those green indicators) only appear when you're targeting an enemy or are already in combat.

As for disabling the cover bar, I hate seeing bars flip back and forth.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

You also need to target an enemy for them to appear.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

20. - Top - End - #320

For me, the answer is "because if I have my cover bar populated with different icons than my "regular" bar, my cover bar "covers" those icons.

I like to have a consistent display of buttons, regardless of whether or not they're usable. I play by muscle/spatial memory, even if I am using a mouse to click rather than pushing buttons on the keyboard. I don't like having things "move" around. So, even if I use a cover bar, I end up leaving "gaps" so that I don't put some other power and "lose it" when I go into cover or end up clicking on the wrong power because I forgot my stance changed things.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

The only abilities that the operative has that require cover (iirc) are snipe and explosive probe. The only abilities that can't be used in cover are backstab and shiv. So my cover bar is exactly the same as my out of cover bar except for those two buttons, and they serve the same function anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The only abilities that the operative has that require cover (iirc) are snipe and explosive probe. The only abilities that can't be used in cover are backstab and shiv. So my cover bar is exactly the same as my out of cover bar except for those two buttons, and they serve the same function anyway.
    Actually, Shiv Backstab, and Hidden strike can be used in cover... But you'll probably never be in a situation where you're lined up correctly for the latter two.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_Shadowblade View Post

Oh, the hilarity.
    huh didn't see what they did to sorc that made them rage.
    but man never thought i would see the day that agents get buffed. though they hurt the concealment damage again.

also any DPS operatives in concealment? i kinda wonder how the current rotation goes. it like poison blades hidden strike-> poison dart>backstab>shiv>lacerate> lacerate>shiv>backstab? with the new 12 second backstab one wonders how this will effect the rotation or overall damage

one thing i need to check is if my hybrid spec just got hit with a buff. be cause potentially i can have 3 tactical advantages up at the same time to lacerate with.

My guild on another server just did eternity vault. It was a fun little operation. I am thankful these things are shorter than say molten core. also some interesting mechnics like the puzzle and the one on one battles though our tank was bored heals have to dps and heal themselves so it fun for us yay!. but that final boss so many fall deaths. it's like athiss elevator.
    Last edited by Illieas; 2012-03-20 at 06:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Illieas View Post
    but that final boss so many fall deaths. it's like athiss elevator.
    Ungh. I really wish there was a way people could practice that bit, because it can be incredibly frustrating with Healers who don't know how to heal the falling damage (That is, identifying who is good for one more jump, and who isn't. Also requires you to have an estimate of how much damage the next jump will do).

Also, interesting tidbit: Vanguard/Powertech Tanks and Sith Warriors/Jedi Knights can avoid some falling damage by jumping to pylons on lower platforms with their charge abilities (Friendly jump for Guardians/Juggernauts works too)
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Ungh. I really wish there was a way people could practice that bit, because it can be incredibly frustrating with Healers who don't know how to heal the falling damage (That is, identifying who is good for one more jump, and who isn't. Also requires you to have an estimate of how much damage the next jump will do).

Also, interesting tidbit: Vanguard/Powertech Tanks and Sith Warriors/Jedi Knights can avoid some falling damage by jumping to pylons on lower platforms with their charge abilities (Friendly jump for Guardians/Juggernauts works too)
    our problem was less healing keeping up but more people not making it to the outer ring and fall all the way down or our fall coodinator choose the wrong platform to fall to or we take too long and the platform get destroyed and plummet to our deaths. luckily fall deaths don't hurt repair bills.

I heard about the tidbit. with our team of 3 jugg 2 power tech 2 merc and one operative (I know not a inquisitor in the group crazy huh?). healing was a breeze. only complaint to non healers is don't jump if you will die the next fall. or if you are the low man of the group for wait for the heal then go. i had a couple time a person jump down while i was mid heal and LOS killed it.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illieas View Post
    huh didn't see what they did to sorc that made them rage
    Basically, they made Sorcerer healers' main heal no longer regularly benefit from a decreased cast time, and made their one real Force-management tool incredibly impractical to use.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Basically, they made Sorcerer healers' main heal no longer regularly benefit from a decreased cast time, and made their one real Force-management tool incredibly impractical to use.
    ^- What he said.

They tried to fix Conveyance and redesigned it. Currently it gives a buff that reduces our longest-cast-time heal by 1 second. With talents, you can heal people in 1.5 seconds on proc (instead of 3). In 1.2, it will instead reduce the cost by 30%.

The other big change is that Resplendence was a buff that let us get Force points back for free. (Without the proc, you pay health in exchange for Force and have lower regen for a few seconds.) In 1.2, you pay the health cost again, but don't lose regen rate.

So, currently, I can spend my talents so that, with crits, I can get off big heals regularly in a hurry and have very little resource management with no drawbacks. It's a blast for healing. (Not balanced, though, and I admit it.) In 1.2, these buffs will still help a lot, but they will focus on helping our Force pool but still leave us managing who to heal, when, and watching our own health more closely. I'd like to stay where I'm at, but the changes don't sound _that_ bad. (I reserve final judgement until I play 1.2 though! ) Regardless, expect to hear lots of Sorcs/Consulars complaining if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2012-03-20 at 08:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

New Developer Blog up, detailing the changes on Crew Skills for 1.2 and, in almost mind reader fashion, addressing the issues Neftren was having with the new orange gear.

Assuming I'm interpreting is correctly, and I like to think that I am, all Orange Items can be RE by their associated professions, can have blank version unlocked, and then can be crit while crafted to have the augment slot.

So you can either go with the quick route and use the premade Oranges with the Augment slot or up put some work into it and use whatever Orange set looks best to you.
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

In related news, Balmorra Microprocessor Corporation has announced the discovery of a critical engineering flaw in the 'appreciation' subroutine of their bestselling 'Droid Vocal Response Chip' used on almost all ship maintenance droids currently available. The flaw is said to cause excessive expression of appreciation towards owners entering the proximity sensors of their Droids and is likely to blame for the sharp increase in escape pod related incidents around the galaxy over the last two months.

Bwahahahahaha. If you could actually fire 2VR8 out an escape pod, I totally would have done it by now.

30. - Top - End - #330

I like 2V-R8. The general amount of fear and terror he expresses at your presence amuses me.
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show