New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_Shadowblade View Post
    I like 2V-R8. The general amount of fear and terror he expresses at your presence amuses me.
    I thought he was hilarious at first, too. But then it got to the point of "Are you made at me? Are you sure you're not mad at me? Are you really really sure you're not mad at me? Are you really absolutely positive you're not mad at me? WHY ARE YOU MAD AT ME?'. The way to stay on someone's good side is not to constantly pester them for reassurances that they're not going to destroy you.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

New Developer Blog up, detailing the changes on Crew Skills for 1.2 and, in almost mind reader fashion, addressing the issues Neftren was having with the new orange gear.

Assuming I'm interpreting is correctly, and I like to think that I am, all Orange Items can be RE by their associated professions, can have blank version unlocked, and then can be crit while crafted to have the augment slot.

So you can either go with the quick route and use the premade Oranges with the Augment slot or up put some work into it and use whatever Orange set looks best to you.
    That's the way I read that as well, but it raises a couple of additional questions - mostly relating to mission-reward oranges. First, what about those items which come from non-repeatable Story missions? If you just really, really like the look of the weapon you received at the end of the starter planet, but want to be able to put an Augment in it, do you have to risk losing it forever for a chance to possibly do that? Second, those "Story" items are universally (AFAIK) BoP; if you do successfully RE one, will the crafted version be BoP as well?

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    That's the way I read that as well, but it raises a couple of additional questions - mostly relating to mission-reward oranges. First, what about those items which come from non-repeatable Story missions? If you just really, really like the look of the weapon you received at the end of the starter planet, but want to be able to put an Augment in it, do you have to risk losing it forever for a chance to possibly do that? Second, those "Story" items are universally (AFAIK) BoP; if you do successfully RE one, will the crafted version be BoP as well?
    Also, it seems like for many of the BoP pieces, "if I want to have my own look, I must be Armormech" (unless I read the post wrong...).

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Actually, Shiv Backstab, and Hidden strike can be used in cover... But you'll probably never be in a situation where you're lined up correctly for the latter two.
    Minor nitpick - hidden strike requires stealth. Taking cover breaks stealth. So yeah, it's likely that you'll "never be in a situation" to use it from cover because it is literally impossible to do so (I suppose there might be a talent in concealment that allows hidden strike to be used any time, but I haven't honestly looked much at the dps trees beyond the bottom couple tiers to see where I wanted to put my splash points after getting 31 in medicine).
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Also, it seems like for many of the BoP pieces, "if I want to have my own look, I must be Armormech" (unless I read the post wrong...).
    Maybe, maybe not. The only mention I saw of BoP crafted items was the Cybertech speeders, which are being changed from BoP to BoE. If the crafted gear is BoE, even when derived from REing BoP gear, then you just need somebody on your server to be playing your base class and have taken Armormech.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to assume that orange pieces are going to have a 100% chance when RE'd to give you the recipe, but since this is an MMO I know that's not going to happen and the chance is probably going to be absurdly low like 1%

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    The only abilities that the operative has that require cover (iirc) are snipe and explosive probe. The only abilities that can't be used in cover are backstab and shiv. So my cover bar is exactly the same as my out of cover bar except for those two buttons, and they serve the same function anyway.
    Is there a way to toggle the cover bar without actually going into cover? Apparently as a sorcerer I still have a cover bar despite not being a cover class, since it shows up when I sit in the chairs on my ship. If it's possible to toggle said bar in other ways then I would very much like to put some consumables and whatnot on it for easy access.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-03-21 at 04:38 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sniper has lots of ability that require cover or you would only sanely use if in cover.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

PvP has been the most fun for me since I was in the pre-50 bracket. Now, part of this is I finally have a good amount of expertise, but I've had games where I did fantastic, only to realize near the end that I forgot to change into my PvP gear! Not sure why this is. Am I getting better? Certainly learning which abilities to use, anyway. Better groups? Seem to be picking better times to group, certainly. Something else? Maybe.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

10. - Top - End - #340
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking at the Spreadsheet, we look like we have enough people for a Republic Side Guild on Ruubat. "Occasionally Lawful Good" or something.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341

Looking at the Spreadsheet, we look like we have enough people for a Republic Side Guild on Ruubat. "Occasionally Lawful Good" or something.
    With the way the Republic has been going in this game I think "Chaotic Random" would be better. Or maybe not DnD direct reference, like Sarlaac in the Playground.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

PvP has been the most fun for me since I was in the pre-50 bracket. Now, part of this is I finally have a good amount of expertise, but I've had games where I did fantastic, only to realize near the end that I forgot to change into my PvP gear! Not sure why this is. Am I getting better? Certainly learning which abilities to use, anyway. Better groups? Seem to be picking better times to group, certainly. Something else? Maybe.
    PvP is best done in a mix of PvE and PvP gear.

13. - Top - End - #343

Well, I figured our Imperial Guild is "Usually Lawful Evil" and given the propensity for opposites in this game it made the most sense. "Occasionally Chaotic Good" instead?
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

We've been using Calemyr's guild "Gun Runners", actually.

15. - Top - End - #345

I though that they were on Ebon Hawk?
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I though that they were on Ebon Hawk?
    No, that's "Order of the Stick"

Yes, we have 3 guilds. Somewhat confusing, I know.

17. - Top - End - #347

Well nevermind then. :)

Edit:
    Also, what is currently my favorite screenshot:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ansgar first setting foot on Hutta.

Last edited by Blackdrop; 2012-03-23 at 02:51 AM.
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, news from the PTS: Post 1.2, Battlemaster gear has no valor requirement, and will only cost ~12k WZ comms for the full set.

Of course, War hero gear is going to be awfully grindy, still. But what can you do?

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So I've been trying to get my fledgling guild past Black Talon Hard Mode and we keep bouncing on the first boss. Is there perhaps a better Hard Mode to start gearing, short of the daily token grind? It's really disappointing to be stuck at the end of the game and be unable to do anything productive except the same daily mission cycle every day.

What are people doing to get over the 'I just got to 50 hurdle' into the proper endgame?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    So I've been trying to get my fledgling guild past Black Talon Hard Mode and we keep bouncing on the first boss. Is there perhaps a better Hard Mode to start gearing, short of the daily token grind? It's really disappointing to be stuck at the end of the game and be unable to do anything productive except the same daily mission cycle every day.

What are people doing to get over the 'I just got to 50 hurdle' into the proper endgame?
    Err... What sort of gear is your guild using? Most people agree that, if you were keeping up with your gear like you should, you should be able to jump right into hard mode flashpoints and even normal mode operations with a bit of skill. Note that the LS boss is easier than the DS boss, so that's something.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eliirae View Post
    I'd like to assume that orange pieces are going to have a 100% chance when RE'd to give you the recipe, but since this is an MMO I know that's not going to happen and the chance is probably going to be absurdly low like 1%
    Georg Zoeller to the rescue! As it turns out:
    1. The chance of getting a schematic from REing will not be 100%.
    2. As such, quest reward oranges will not be REable. Instead, many such items will have schematics findable through mission skills.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-03-23 at 07:13 PM.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Of course, you can possibly find a schematic of the look you want already, if you dig around. Just found a schematic for the exact Helmet and Chestpiece I used to wear, except they're black. Now, to find the Phobium pants.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-03-23 at 08:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353

You know what would get me to have a lifetime membership? Bright pink Imperial Mohawk. That's the color I want to see.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, you can possibly find a schematic of the look you want already, if you dig around. Just found a schematic for the exact Helmet and Chestpiece I used to wear, except they're black. Now, to find the Phobium pants.
    Yeah, I actually just recently got a schematic for helmet that's identical to a particular (very important) one obtained from the inquisitor class story. Which I find odd, to say the least.

Now, if you can tell me which if any crafted robes look like these, I'll be golden.

EDIT: Saw a Saber Marshal's Lower Robe on the GTN, which means the set above is craftable. MUST. FIND. SCHEMATIC.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-03-27 at 02:24 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Bugbear in the Playground

If it's the Republic boarding party boss, then yeah, I can see the difficulty. The trick is to tank the big guy while the dps go for Doc. Once the healer is dead it gets a bit easier.

The same daily mission cycle every day.

26. - Top - End - #356

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post

The same daily mission cycle every day.
    Or you can pour money into the Reverse Engineer money-pit and cry in pain until it spits up a worthwhile purple.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Unless you're in entirely terrible gear (greens, outleveled, etc), normal mode Eternity Vault has a pretty low gear barrier. More exciting than running dailies, if you can find 7 other people interested in running it.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Unless you're in entirely terrible gear (greens, outleveled, etc), normal mode Eternity Vault has a pretty low gear barrier. More exciting than running dailies, if you can find 7 other people interested in running it.
    Less practical post 1.2, though, because Bioware has decided to make Medpacs usable once a fight

Mind you, the only fight that should pose a huge challenge for is the Soa Marathon (the stupid platforms in particular)

But in all honesty, if your guild knows their classes (For hard modes, 2 DPS, 1 Healer, 1 Tank is mandatory for all but the easiest, and the best setup for new raiders is 4 DPS, 2 Healers, 2 Tanks), HM flashpoints are not that difficult.

I was participating in Hard Mode Flashpoints and Eternity Vault when I was still mostly in level 49 blue items from MCerebus. I'd recommend you use the blue modifications for Correlia to augment your stuff from the daily mods. For the record, The order I use on HM Black Talon is Medic-Sniper-Melee-Sarge.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-03-24 at 10:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Less practical post 1.2, though, because Bioware has decided to make Medpacs usable once a fight
    Derp what.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Derp what.
    PTR patch notes for 1.2, apparently they added it on the 23rd. Though if your healers aren't keeping people healthy on the platforms, you've got some issues that medpacing multiple times in a fight won't fix.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.