New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    3) Stock up on medpacs (Exceptional medpacs from the vendor, or better, player crafted versions, please)

Things you should probably do, but I'm not going to require anyone to do;
    1) Find several high level prototype stims. I'm checking to see if anyone in the guild has a source, but these are very helpful in case anyone dies mid fight or anything like that.
    On this note: My alt can make prototype level 48 medpacs (the best kind available to non-biochemists, I believe), and I have about 20 or so. If anyone wants me to make more, I can do so. However, because I'm only level 40, the only way I can get the materials are missions, and it's fairly expensive to make one (I estimate it at 5 to 10k per medpac). I can give them to people, but if anyone wants me to make crazy amounts I'd appreciate a little bit of money to compensate for the cost of making them.

On the stims: I haven't made any, Squark, but if you want I can buy the schematics and RE them. Green to blue isn't so bad. Unfortunately, it looks like the stims use pretty much the same mats as the medpacs, so there would be a trade-off there.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

If you guys were on The Shadowlands, I'd offer exotech reflex stims for your troopers. Maybe someday I'll get the recipes for the other exotech stims, so I can peddle my wares to the full spectrum of players.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Tentative date for the Usually Lawful Evil Karraga's Palace run is 2:00 AM GMT Sunday (that's 8 PM US Central Time).

Things you should do if you're interested;
    1) Contact Hessar with the in game message system to let me know you're participating, and what role you'll be playing (Healer, DPS, or Tank). If you have a level 50 character and are NOT participating, I would also appreciate an in-game message, just so I don't plan on you showing up.
    2) Install Mumble and test that it works.
    3) Stock up on medpacs (Exceptional medpacs from the vendor, or better, player crafted versions, please)

Things you should probably do, but I'm not going to require anyone to do;
    1) Find several high level prototype stims. I'm checking to see if anyone in the guild has a source, but these are very helpful in case anyone dies mid fight or anything like that.
    2) Watch a video walkthrough of the flashpoint for your role.
    3) While I'm not going to set a gear requirement, every improvement you make to your current gear means this will go that much smoother.

If you have any issues with the time, and would like to see about rescheduling, please post here or use the in game message system to contact Hessar.
    As a side note, nobody should ever need to use their medpac, but yeah, very good preparations.

Let me know if you guys need any help with mechanics or anything. My guild on Ebon Hawk has cleared everything on Nightmare difficulty with some rather unorthodox strategies.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tentative date for the Usually Lawful Evil Karraga's Palace run is 2:00 AM GMT Sunday (that's 8 PM US Central Time).
    GMT 2AM Sunday would be ~8PM Saturday US Central Time. Just thought I'd double check on this.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Apparently TOR is going free-to-play until level 15.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sorry but my laptop just cries in pain during raids or FPs so I can't go.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #817
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Apparently TOR is going free-to-play until level 15.
    That was fast.

8. - Top - End - #818

MindFlayer

SWTOR strikes me as the type of game where a brief demo makes a lot of sense. The real plus of the game is the storyline, and 15 levels is high enough to give people a decent feel for whether or not they like that, and for them to figure out if it's worth it to play more.

Other e3 related information (all of these apparently coming "this year")

-new Operation (seems very consistent with the 1.3 info that leaked a few months back)
    -new Companion (not mentioned here because I consider it a spoiler, but it's well known enough)
    -new Warzone (seems possibly similar in theme to the new Op, though that's just my opinion)
    -new playable race (Cathar)
    -new level cap + abilities (don't know how high, but I'd guess 5 levels or so. Anything more seems like there would be a tough time getting enough new content).
    -new planet (Makeb, which....looks sunny? Beyond that I know nothing)
    -assorted minor stuff (new space mission, nightmare mode Explosive Conflict possibly (it's not clear))

You can view the trailer they showed, but be warned that it does spoil the new companion, if that bothers you.

In non-e3 news, 1.3 hits the PTS tomorrow.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    SWTOR strikes me as the type of game where a brief demo makes a lot of sense. The real plus of the game is the storyline, and 15 levels is high enough to give people a decent feel for whether or not they like that, and for them to figure out if it's worth it to play more.

Other e3 related information (all of these apparently coming "this year")

-new Operation (seems very consistent with the 1.3 info that leaked a few months back)
    -new Companion (not mentioned here because I consider it a spoiler, but it's well known enough)
    -new Warzone (seems possibly similar in theme to the new Op, though that's just my opinion)
    -new playable race (Cathar)
    -new level cap + abilities (don't know how high, but I'd guess 5 levels or so. Anything more seems like there would be a tough time getting enough new content).
    -new planet (Makeb, which....looks sunny? Beyond that I know nothing)
    -assorted minor stuff (new space mission, nightmare mode Explosive Conflict possibly (it's not clear))

You can view the trailer they showed, but be warned that it does spoil the new companion, if that bothers you.

In non-e3 news, 1.3 hits the PTS tomorrow.
    That is a REALLY big... whatever it is. Space Cthulu? It's Space Cthulu, isn't it!?

Also, I finally got a bunch of various IRL stuff out of the way that kept popping up, which means I can actually play for the first time since the world event! First order of business, I do believe I have a leftover rakghoul infection...
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-06-05 at 08:44 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    First order of business, I do believe I have a leftover rakghoul infection...
    Pass it on! Pass it on!
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

Pass it on! Pass it on!
    Sadly, at some point in the past six weeks BioWare appears to have removed the death cloud/explosion that spreads it.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bioware posted character transfer details. Unfortunately, they didn't post lists of origin/destination servers yet. (Odd, since they plan to make this happen next week.)

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, here's a question... Do we want to instigate a mass transfer to another server when the oppurtunity arises?

Advantages;
    -More people (dur)
    -We can combine the Ebon Hawk group and the Rubat Crystal group on one server

Disadvantages;
    -Possibility some people will have to change names
    -Some of the people on the old servers may not transfer to the same server we do.
    -ULE Guild Bank would be unavailable for a few days after I got onto the new server while Customer Service manually added it to the newly refounded Usually Lawful Evil.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

So, here's a question... Do we want to instigate a mass transfer to another server when the oppurtunity arises?

Advantages;
    -More people (dur)
    -We can combine the Ebon Hawk group and the Rubat Crystal group on one server

Disadvantages;
    -Possibility some people will have to change names
    -Some of the people on the old servers may not transfer to the same server we do.
    -ULE Guild Bank would be unavailable for a few days after I got onto the new server while Customer Service manually added it to the newly refounded Usually Lawful Evil.
    Most of the Ebon Hawk group went back to League of Legends.

15. - Top - End - #825

MindFlayer

From the 1.3 patch notes:

Quote Originally Posted by 1.3 Patch Notes
    -The time that [False Emperor Final Boss] is vulnerable to being knocked off the ledge after being hit by the first knockback effect has been increased.
    -A new mission step has been added to this Flashpoint after defeating [False Emperor Final Boss]. Players who fall to their deaths now have time to recover and receive loot.
    It's a little late, but those patch notes made me so happy.

I was thinking about that, and I'm certainly fine with it, but I think at this point we really don't know enough to plan anything. I do think it's good to check if people are okay with the possibility, though.

Also, my sniper was copied over to the PTS; if anyone else is also on there, let me know. I'd like to try out the group finder, and I'd like to see how it handles groups of 2 or 3 people that queue.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of guilds, no one else from mine has been on for the past three days, and my server seems to have thinned out a bit during my absence.

In better news, I finally dinged 50 two days ago, though I'm still not quite done with my class quests on Belsavis. Go figure.

I also finally got a group for Red Reaper, consisting of myself (Sorcerer DPS), a level 46 Assassin DPS, and a mixed Tionese/Columi/Rakata-geared Operative healer, with a similarly over-geared Kaliyo tanking. We spent at least five minutes fruitlessly attacking Darth Ikoral before I thought to read the tooltip for his Force Bond buff and were no worse for wear because of it.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-06-08 at 05:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827

Well, transfers are up, but it doesn't look like Rubat is going anywhere at the moment. Ebon Hawk is getting players from Kath Hound, so chances are we'll end up moving to Lord Adraas, since it's the only Standard RPPVE east coast server other than Ebon Hawk.

Meanwhile, Smash (now known as Clobber) has made it to the PTS.

18. - Top - End - #828

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    Meanwhile, Smash (now known as Clobber) has made it to the PTS.
    Cool, maybe I'll see you there.

Re: where Rubat's headed, here's my thinking on the subject:

-There are 9 RP-PvE servers for the US, 6 of which are East and 3 of which are West.

-I'd suspect they don't want to overload any one server relative to the others, though the fact that people are allowed to transfer to the Fatman means they're okay with a pretty high population.

-Can't find the quote, but they're not going to move PvE people to a PvP server or vice versa, and I assume the same holds true for RP vs. Non-RP.

-None of the West servers are in great shape, to be honest. Begeren Colony is slightly better than Lord Ieldis, which is slightly better than Vrook Lamar; I'm expecting that they'll just choose one and move the other two to it.

-Wrote the above without looking more closely at the new transfer list. Looks like it may be Begeren Colony as the "chosen" server, which makes sense.

-Ebon Hawk and Lord Adraas seem (as mentioned) to be clearly the highest East servers.

-Kath Hound was very low, and I'm not surprised they would be the first ones moved. If I had to guess at the next one, I'd say Shien.

-My rough order of East servers would be (highest to lowest): Ebon Hawk, Lord Adraas, Sanctum of the Exalted, Rubat Crystal, Shien, Kath Hound.

-I'd be surprised if we ended up anywhere other than Ebon Hawk or Lord Adraas, but I could be wrong. If I was wrong, it would almost certainly have to be Sanctum+Rubat+Shien.

-I doubt they'd consolidate all East RP-PvE onto Ebon Hawk (though it'd be really cool if they did, in my opinion), so that leaves two plausible destination servers (as Jokes mentioned).

-I still think we have a decent chance of going to the Ebon Hawk. If we were the only other low server, that'd be one thing, but there are three others. The way I see it, we have somewhere between a 33% chance and a 50% chance for Ebon Hawk. That's a rough guess, though, not really based on anything.

-All of this speculation is pointless and I should really just wait for more info.

EDIT AFTER AFOREMENTIONED NEW INFO:

-As I predicted, the RP-PvE West servers are now all going to be Begeren Colony.

-Shien is headed towards Ebon Hawk, which is not surprising. What is surprising (to me) is that Sanctum of the Exalted is also Ebon Hawk. That leaves only Rubat Crystal as low pop RP-PvE East server. To me there are now only two possibilities. Either we head to Lord Adraas, and that's the end of it (which would leave Lord Adraas somewhat lower pop than Ebon Hawk), or the Ebon Hawk becomes a RP PvE East super-server. Personally, I'm rooting for the second, but it could be either. Even Fatman and Jedi Covnenant, the two largest US servers by far, are getting people, so it looks like a possibility. I'm cautiously excited.
    Last edited by Salur; 2012-06-13 at 11:16 AM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

Apparently Rubat is going to the Ebon Hawk.

20. - Top - End - #830

MindFlayer

Indeed. Looks like Ebon Hawk is apparently the designated RP-PvE East server.

So, now that we know the option, any thoughts? I'm inclined to transfer over, myself; Ebon Hawk was bigger before, has a lot of GiTP people, and now that it's getting 5 other servers feeding in it should be pretty darn populated.

Maybe the better question: Is anyone definitively against transferring? I.e., even if the guild moves, you would rather stay?

Also, just a general note: If anyone wants to transfer, your mailbox/stuff you have on the GTN/Guild Bank doesn't come with you, so get that stuff out before you move.

Edit: Actually, unless anyone has objections (and I don't see why they would), I'm going to transfer Friday or Saturday. As Squark mentions below, Rubat Crystal is not going to be in good shape after these transfers.
    Last edited by Salur; 2012-06-13 at 07:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Indeed. Looks like Ebon Hawk is apparently the designated RP-PvE East server.

So, now that we know the option, any thoughts? I'm inclined to transfer over, myself; Ebon Hawk was bigger before, has a lot of GiTP people, and now that it's getting 5 other servers feeding in it should be pretty darn populated.

Maybe the better question: Is anyone definitively against transferring? I.e., even if the guild moves, you would rather stay?

Also, just a general note: If anyone wants to transfer, your mailbox/stuff you have on the GTN/Guild Bank don't come with you, so get that stuff out before you move.
    If the Usually Lawful Evil group does move over (I'm inclined to move as well), we can get the guild bank back with a Customer Service ticket (it might be empty, but we wouldn't have to pay the price again).

Frankly, this is basically a death sentance for Rubaat Crystal. I don't think many people are going to stay on it.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-06-13 at 06:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm inclined to agree that this is a death sentence for Rubat. I don't really have any objection to moving to Ebon if no one else does.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Firbolg in the Playground

Right, my sister is going to Ebon Hawk, so that sort of nudges me over the edge on that.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #834

Looks like that's that then. Off to Ebon Hawk! I'll probably end up transferring later today, once I have all my toons ready.

edit: I just rolled a toon on EH and wow, I've never seen so many people In bad news, Smash and Charge are going to need name changes

Edit 2: Wow, transfers are quick. Charge is now known as Sparkie. Still need a new name for Smash... Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Jokes; 2012-06-14 at 02:07 AM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

RIght. Usually Lawful Evil is now officially disbanded (okay, not quite yet, but odds are, by the time you read this, it will be). Refounding on Ebon Hawk will take place as soon as I am able to do so.

26. - Top - End - #836

I moved one of my guys to Ebon Hawk. Unfortunately, the bulk of my guys were on another server, so they were put on Beregren Colony, so still have the family split, so to speak. I hope I get the opportunity to consolidate one way or another in the future. Those characters were created during the head-start, so I had no idea about the legacy thing... originally put them on different servers in case there were big server outages.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Barbarian in the Playground

15 is an odd level to cut off f2p. That puts you at, what, midway though Coruscant/Dromund Kaas?
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #838
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_Shadowblade View Post
    15 is an odd level to cut off f2p. That puts you at, what, midway though Coruscant/Dromund Kaas?
    It's just shy of being able to get your starship, unless someone powers you through your class quests. That might factor into it.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Level 15 is where Dromund Kass/Coruscont end, level-wise, but doing all the content on those two planets puts you up to level 18 usually.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, as suspected, The Shadowlands is a destination server, so I don't have to worry about transfers or anything.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.