Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1303
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Sith_Happens's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Satele Shan, the chick from two of the cinematics.
    Okay, I figured it would be either her or Jace Malcom (the trooper from the same two trailers who bum-rushes Malgus in one of them).

    Also, I just remembered one of the runner-up ideas for the name of the first thread, which would be good for this one (if anyone still cares):

    Star Wars: The Old Republic II: As If Millions of Mobs Cried Out, and Were Silenced
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-02-23 at 02:14 AM. Reason: *Malcom
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Okay, I figured it would be either her or Jace Malcon (the trooper from the same two trailers who bum-rushes Malgus in one of them).
    Spoilers regarding named figure:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is in charge of the republic-side Alderaan bonus series.
    Join IRC!
    Syrupdwellings
    I make avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.
    Avatar by me.

    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Sith_Happens's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Spoilers regarding named figure:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is in charge of the republic-side Alderaan bonus series.
    Makes sense.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    More Malcolm Spoilers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He can also be found in some of the dialogue for future content. I think it was for the Lehan Bonus Series. Could be wrong.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Spoilers regarding named figure:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is in charge of the republic-side Alderaan bonus series.
    I'm not rushing to re-do Republic content since I just finished a couple of months as a Consular, but I'm _really_ looking forward to that questline when I pick up my Trooper again. Jace is a badass.
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2012-02-23 at 09:46 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    So last night went well, was my first operation as the leader guy thing (previous leader guy is taking a break from the game). Hardmode Soa still remains unbeaten, but we damn near had the Hardmode fabricator, probably could have gotten it had we gone for another try, but it was late, one of the DPS accidentally went to EV after going to repair, and someone had to wake up in 4 hours.

    Also I got 5 new bits of rakata, with the only bits I still need being stuck behind the bosses we haven't downed yet. (also a hat from Bonethrasher, but since I like my orange hat far too much to ever not wear it, the hat isn't a priority until we can pull the set bonuses)
    Join IRC!
    Syrupdwellings
    I make avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.
    Avatar by me.

    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GungHo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Idle curiosity - do Republic characters still have the Preferences check button to Show Sith Corruption, and does it do anything on, say, a Jedi?
    Vericose veins of villainy are available to vile vagabonds of all vocations.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    So last night went well, was my first operation as the leader guy thing (previous leader guy is taking a break from the game). Hardmode Soa still remains unbeaten, but we damn near had the Hardmode fabricator, probably could have gotten it had we gone for another try, but it was late, one of the DPS accidentally went to EV after going to repair, and someone had to wake up in 4 hours.

    Also I got 5 new bits of rakata, with the only bits I still need being stuck behind the bosses we haven't downed yet. (also a hat from Bonethrasher, but since I like my orange hat far too much to ever not wear it, the hat isn't a priority until we can pull the set bonuses)
    Sadly, from what I hear, fixing the Soa threat bug has caused the tank reset bug to reemerge.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Sadly, from what I hear, fixing the Soa threat bug has caused the tank reset bug to reemerge.
    Really, our problem with Soa hasn't been him resetting, it's that in hard mode, there can be upwards of 6 different ball lightnings roaming around, so unless your group is very good at situational awareness, someone is gonna get lightning pulled through them and die.
    Join IRC!
    Syrupdwellings
    I make avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.
    Avatar by me.

    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    So... *puts on Guildmaster hat*

    I've been wondering... what exactly would be involved in setting up some kind of voice communication for flashpoints and operations?

    A couple of general guidelines if we do get some sort of server or something set up;

    1) During combat, some degree of voice discipline is expected: Try to keep everything on topic during a fight. Stuff like, "Taking heavy damage!" or "Being chased by ball lightning!" or "Mind Trapped" are acceptable, and encouraged. "Look at this!" and "Hey! 5k crit!"... not so much. It's also a good idea to preface any important notifications with your name.
    2) Out of combat, you should avoid eating, drinking, and listening to music. If the ops/party leader is strategizing, stay on topic. But occasional jokes are perfectly fine.
    3) NO YELLING!
    4) Limit your expletives. The occasional F bomb is understandable (Especially in the event of something like Soa resetting). Cluster F bombs and worse language are not.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-23 at 10:04 PM.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    So... *puts on Guildmaster hat*

    I've been wondering... what exactly would be involved in setting up some kind of voice communication for flashpoints and operations?

    A couple of general guidelines if we do get some sort of server or something set up;

    1) During combat, some degree of voice discipline is expected: Try to keep everything on topic during a fight. Stuff like, "Taking heavy damage!" or "Being chased by ball lightning!" or "Mind Trapped" are acceptable, and encouraged. "Look at this!" and "Hey! 5k crit!"... not so much. It's also a good idea to preface any important notifications with your name.
    2) Out of combat, you should avoid eating, drinking, and listening to music. If the ops/party leader is strategizing, stay on topic. But occasional jokes are perfectly fine.
    3) NO YELLING!
    4) Limit your expletives. The occasional F bomb is understandable (Especially in the event of something like Soa resetting). Cluster F bombs and worse language are not.
    Some sort of voice chat would definitely help, especially (theoretically) something like Soa, where "mind trapped" or "in the air" are both important to know and very easy to miss in text. Or just in situations where something new comes up and the plan needs to be adjusted for whatever reason.

    Personally, I favor fewer restrictions on what is or isn't acceptable rather than more (and common sense should take care of most of it), but the list above seems pretty reasonable. I can see myself accidentally violating some of the above (since I'm used to talking with Thrain constantly, and we tend to violate all of those at one point or another) but it shouldn't be that big a deal.

    I will say, (going back to the common sense thing) I think some off topic discussion can be fine, in parts. If we're just clearing trash in HM BT, and I get a 5k crit, I may well announce that, since it's never happened before . If what we're doing doesn't require all our focus, I don't see much harm in talking about whatever. Bosses, on the other hand, should be pretty much all business, obviously.

    I'm probably overthinking this.

    As for possible methods of chat: Thrain and I use mumble. Theoretically, he could just give people access to that server (on his computer), though I doubt he's keen on throwing his ip address around. Don't know what's needed to set up an outside server-ish type thing. I have no experience with ventrilo or teamspeak, so I can't say what would be involved or how easy it is (or if those are the only options). If all we would use it for was pre-fight strategy or something, Thrain and I used to just use the steam voice chat; the problem there is the lag between sending and receiving can get pretty bad, so it wouldn't work so well for in-battle adjustments.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    The guild I run with uses Ventrilo, I suspect mainly because as one of the Penny-Arcade guilds, the PA vent is an established thing. We don't have any specific rules regarding conduct, but for the most part, if it's a boss fight, the only talking is related to the fight.
    Join IRC!
    Syrupdwellings
    I make avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.
    Avatar by me.

    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    The Succubus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Okay, I figured it would be either her or Jace Malcom (the trooper from the same two trailers who bum-rushes Malgus in one of them).

    Also, I just remembered one of the runner-up ideas for the name of the first thread, which would be good for this one (if anyone still cares):

    Star Wars: The Old Republic II: As If Millions of Mobs Cried Out, and Were Silenced
    Star Wars: The Old Republic II: HUTTS DON'T HAVE FEET!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Succubus gets grongratulatory cookies from me. You have stepped into the realm of puns that only the likes of Death, Your Friend the Reaper have seen.

    Posting schedule likely to be erratic for the next few weeks - sorting out some personal stuff.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    polity4life's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Where wheels have wings

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    I want to give the Republic a look, so I joined up on Ebon Hawk. I made a trooper named Manliest because Manly was taken. I updated the spreadsheet.
    Demonlobster.com because we both know that you know that I know that you like fun!

    The most intense eight seconds of your life, for real.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Gryffon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    I run a mumble server through mmo-mumble.com. The prices are pretty reasonable ($7/month for a 25 man server). And the latency is a lot better than Ventrilo. The PvPers in our guild were thrilled to have near real-time voice chat.
    Last edited by Gryffon; 2012-02-24 at 08:18 AM.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."


  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Star Wars: The Old Republic II: HUTTS DON'T HAVE FEET!
    SWTOR II: This is not the thread you're looking for
    SWTOR II: Finally, a good sequel to Star Fox
    SWTOR II: Looking sexy 'till 60
    SWTOR II: The first Legacy thread
    SWTOR II: Eat Lightsaber, jerk
    SWTOR II: My companion is the Predator

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I run a mumble server through mmo-mumble.com. The prices are pretty reasonable ($7/month for a 25 man server). And the latency is a lot better than Ventrilo. The PvPers in our guild were thrilled to have near real-time voice chat.
    We actually already have a forum-wide Mumble server (sort of). The info is in the TF2/ChHa server and Steam threads.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Star Wars: The Old Republic II: HUTTS DON'T HAVE FEET!
    I LOVE IT!


    Also, a brief public service announcement to all Vanguards/Powertechs, Assassins/Shadows, and Juggernauts/Guardians interested in participating in warzones.

    If any of you are using Soresu/Dark Charge/Combat techniques/Ion Cell, and you're not guarding someone at all times, you should be hit upside the head repeatedly until you start doing so (and changing the guard to a healer whenever you see one).

    I'm really starting to hate healing in PuGs for warzones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    We actually already have a forum-wide Mumble server (sort of). The info is in the TF2/ChHa server and Steam threads.
    You think they'd mind if we piggybacked onto it? I'll ask the question as soon as I can figure out how on earth to phrase the request.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-24 at 05:28 PM.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    You think they'd mind if we piggybacked onto it? I'll ask the question as soon as I can figure out how on earth to phrase the request.
    Considering it's for forum and general community use, I don't think we'd mind. If it becomes a problem, then I suppose we could figure something else out.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GungHo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    If any of you are using Soresu/Dark Charge/Combat techniques/Ion Cell, and you're not guarding someone at all times, you should be hit upside the head repeatedly until you start doing so (and changing the guard to a healer whenever you see one).
    To be fair, Guard turns when you get on and off of a speeder and often enough when you go from one area to another via a button (e.g. elevator). It's easy to run around not realizing it's not on any more until you see your party member/companion getting hit harder than they should be.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post
    To be fair, Guard turns when you get on and off of a speeder and often enough when you go from one area to another via a button (e.g. elevator). It's easy to run around not realizing it's not on any more until you see your party member/companion getting hit harder than they should be.
    Whoops! Was talking specifically about PvP. Being a squishy operative is really starting to annoy me when Tanks don't do their job.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    In case you guys are curious, I found a server population ranking. Some guy surveyed _many_ PvE / RPPvE servers over a few days and made notes/graphs. You might be interested. Here's the link.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    Yeah, that's a rough estimate, but it's the best information we have. Surprised that Canderous Ordo is that far above everyone else on the East Coast. Is that some sort of unofficial server for a group (like Swiftsure was for Oceanic with PvP)?

    Looks like Ebon Hawk is pretty high, and Rubat Crystal is about average. Surprised that the Rep/Imp balance is as good as it is on Rubat Crystal.

    I made my thanksgiving beta character on Sith Meditation Sphere, and someone commented at the time that there were no Rebs. I forget whether someone mentioned that the name was very pro-sith or whether I realized it on my own, but it looks like that really turned out to be the case.



    Mumble question, since I haven't messed around with the settings much: Is there a way to use a server but "isolate" yourselves or group up in some way within a server? Basically, is there a way to use the GiTP server without annoying people playing different games (and without hearing random chat from other people if we're on a boss, for example)?

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Guancyto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A long, long chain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    Hallo everynyan!

    So, I hear this game is pretty cool. So far I have a Sage and a Vanguard on Ebon Hawk, and recently rolled a Commando on Rubat Crystal. I saw a Usually Lawful Evil operative today in Voidstar (and booted her off a bridge, sorry about that!), but don't remember who exactly.

    Also some Empire toons on Krayt Dragon but nobody lives there so nobody has any reason to care.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2012-02-24 at 09:03 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Looks like Ebon Hawk is pretty high, and Rubat Crystal is about average. Surprised that the Rep/Imp balance is as good as it is on Rubat Crystal.
    Republic may have a lot of folks, but in terms of PvP balance, Imps are mostly all Champ geared, with at least five Battlemasters that I know of by name, and a few more I don't know the names of, but have died to them before. There's a heavy gear imbalance that we're only just slowly catching up to on. Fun though when we win. Skill > Gear.

    Mumble question, since I haven't messed around with the settings much: Is there a way to use a server but "isolate" yourselves or group up in some way within a server? Basically, is there a way to use the GiTP server without annoying people playing different games (and without hearing random chat from other people if we're on a boss, for example)?
    You can setup channels in any VOIP client. It's similar to how IRC functions, with a few notable differences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Hallo everynyan!

    So, I hear this game is pretty cool. So far I have a Sage and a Vanguard on Ebon Hawk, and recently rolled a Commando on Rubat Crystal. I saw a Usually Lawful Evil operative today in Voidstar (and booted her off a bridge, sorry about that!), but don't remember who exactly.

    Also some Empire toons on Krayt Dragon but nobody lives there so nobody has any reason to care.
    You should add me. Are you level 50 yet or?

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Sith_Happens's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't succeed, reload

    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Star Wars: The Old Republic II: HUTTS DON'T HAVE FEET!
    This one.

    ----------------------------

    So I came across another awesome Inquisitor line recently on Alderaan. I like to think it's a stab at the game's many sidequests:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elana Thul: I'm sorry to bother you, but we have a serious problem on our hands and you may be the only one who can solve it.

    Inquisitor: *Visibly annoyed* If I had twenty credits for every time I've heard that.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Guancyto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A long, long chain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    You should add me. Are you level 50 yet or?
    Just hit level 31 (Valor Rank 30, lolsagepvp). Have quite a way to go before 50.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    So, Mumble and SWTOR work fine. Took a loss doing financially doing HM False Emperor. Also had to retire my saber again... For a sword. There were endless jokes about this.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Sith_Happens's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    So, Mumble and SWTOR work fine. Took a loss doing financially doing HM False Emperor. Also had to retire my saber again... For a sword. There were endless jokes about this.
    1. Swap mods.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.

    Actually, I suppose you might have been using a non-moddable saber, in which case:

    1. Stop being crazy.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-02-25 at 02:06 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Just hit level 31 (Valor Rank 30, lolsagepvp). Have quite a way to go before 50.
    That's alright. Add me anyways and I can help you along. I started a Shadow. Currently at level 12, so I'll see how that goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    1. Swap mods.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.

    Actually, I suppose you might have been using a non-moddable saber, in which case:

    1. Stop being crazy.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.

    PvP sabers are non-moddable, and I did switch to a random purple vibrosword I had in my inventory while I Sentinel DPS Off-tanked the Ancient Pylons encounter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •