New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1303
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

So they posted the update about Patch 1.7: Return of the Gree.

New recurring event in Ilum, and (to my very much distaste, recently coming from WoW) rep grinds!

Also, not sure what to make of the event armor.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

They have also, apparently, gone to indirectly lying about the features they offer. That page says '
    Events are available to Free-to-Play Players and Subscribers at no additional cost.' They don't mention the fact that FTP cannot equip anything they receive from Events without buying that permission pass. So you can play in the event for free, you're just not allowed to get anything from it.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2013-01-18 at 10:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    They have also, apparently, gone to indirectly lying about the features they offer. That page says '
    Events are available to Free-to-Play Players and Subscribers at no additional cost.' They don't mention the fact that FTP cannot equip anything they receive from Events without buying that permission pass. So you can play in the event for free, you're just not allowed to get anything from it.
    I wouldn't say lie so much as underhanded marketing technique par for the course for EA.

But on the upside, this will more then likely be for 50s so by that time you can easily procure the 50k or so credits the event authorization is selling for (atleast thats the usual price on my server)
    Last edited by Antonok; 2013-01-18 at 11:20 PM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Banned

So, I'm coming back to this after giving it a year long break. Really loved this game but had to quit due to personal reasons. Are any of you guys still active? If so, what server/faction? (I know there's a list, but that doesn't really tell me if any of you actually still play or not.)

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    So, I'm coming back to this after giving it a year long break. Really loved this game but had to quit due to personal reasons. Are any of you guys still active? If so, what server/faction? (I know there's a list, but that doesn't really tell me if any of you actually still play or not.)
    I recently started up again, on The Ebon Hawk still (Republic side).

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm on the Shadowlands imp side, same screen name.

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    I really hope that's low texture detail, just look at the blurriness on the boots. Either way, I wouldn't be caught dead in the stuff unless I made a gimmick character named Tr'on or something specifically to wear it.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Ditch the helmet for something sleeker and you've got yourself a dang fine Agent set.

I'm hoping to break my months-long hiatus some time in the next week. Of course, I really should have hopped on some time before 1.6 to get all of the Battlemaster schematics before they went away forever, but oh well...
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Banned

So yeah. Really not many people still playing I guess. I'll look for you guys next time I'm on. I don't even know what server my characters are on anymore since they apparently migrated them...

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Well, my lvl 50 Jedi Knight is finally face-to-face with the Emperor and HOW THE HELL DO I BEAT HIM?

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, so after giving up for now I read that apparently there is a chest in the temple with upgrades that make T7 relevant for the boss fight, but is there no other trick? Is there a way to tell the real guy apart from the clones? Just how many clone waves are there? Is there some trick to dispelling the clones or do I just have to hack away while they fry away my hit points? I'm a duration-specced guardian with very little AOE. I can make it through two waves but after that I'm toast.

Someone please give me some advice. I was looking forward to finishing the game and this is a bit of a kick in the balls.
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    Well, my lvl 50 Jedi Knight is finally face-to-face with the Emperor and HOW THE HELL DO I BEAT HIM?

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, so after giving up for now I read that apparently there is a chest in the temple with upgrades that make T7 relevant for the boss fight, but is there no other trick? Is there a way to tell the real guy apart from the clones? Just how many clone waves are there? Is there some trick to dispelling the clones or do I just have to hack away while they fry away my hit points? I'm a duration-specced guardian with very little AOE. I can make it through two waves but after that I'm toast.

Someone please give me some advice. I was looking forward to finishing the game and this is a bit of a kick in the balls.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've not made a knight myself, so I'm only guessing, but I suspect that if you set the emperor as your focus target (default keybind is alt+f IIRC), you'll be able to pick him out from the clones that way.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Having a level 50 tank-spec Jedi Guardian who downed the guy, here's what I noticed that let me down him on the third or fourth try.

Spoiler
    Show

The "hidden chest" is based on a puzzle in the center of the first floor of the temple.

When he summons clones, if you have him targeted, he remains your target. Also, are you sure, based on the combat info (it tells you what beat you and how much damage it did), that it's the clones, and not an enormous single target attack beating you.
    Around the time of the second wave of clones, depending on your damage ability, he may be starting to chain cast a gigantic, long-cast one-shot nuke... If you don't interrupt this, using whatever means are necessary, you will die.
    I think that the clones are timer-based, but have no proof. I think that he only got in 3-4 waves when I killed him. T7's one AoE ability is supposed to one-shot them.

What I did: I ignored the clones except to try to pop some AoE when they were up. I just remained on my current target (His Evilness), and made sure that I was interrupting his long cast ability, whether by standard interrupt, stun, Force Push, or Force Stasis. Once I used those two ideas together, (while chaining defensive cooldowns, of course, you are a Guardian!) he dropped without too much trouble for me.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Well, my lvl 50 Jedi Knight is finally face-to-face with [REDACTED] and HOW THE HELL DO I BEAT HIM?
    You know, you should probably spoiler this part too. Yeah, I know the game's been out a while, but final boss identities are serious business.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2013-02-02 at 01:32 PM.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

14. - Top - End - #1064

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shishnarfne View Post
    Having a level 50 tank-spec Jedi Guardian who downed the guy, here's what I noticed that let me down him on the third or fourth try.

Spoiler
    Show

The "hidden chest" is based on a puzzle in the center of the first floor of the temple.

When he summons clones, if you have him targeted, he remains your target. Also, are you sure, based on the combat info (it tells you what beat you and how much damage it did), that it's the clones, and not an enormous single target attack beating you.
    Around the time of the second wave of clones, depending on your damage ability, he may be starting to chain cast a gigantic, long-cast one-shot nuke... If you don't interrupt this, using whatever means are necessary, you will die.
    I think that the clones are timer-based, but have no proof. I think that he only got in 3-4 waves when I killed him. T7's one AoE ability is supposed to one-shot them.

What I did: I ignored the clones except to try to pop some AoE when they were up. I just remained on my current target (His Evilness), and made sure that I was interrupting his long cast ability, whether by standard interrupt, stun, Force Push, or Force Stasis. Once I used those two ideas together, (while chaining defensive cooldowns, of course, you are a Guardian!) he dropped without too much trouble for me.
    Well, I used this and the Benny Hill strategy, and that worked in the first go. Thanks.
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Fun is dropping a Force Storm on the pylon so your group finishes charging it first. Then running like hell.

On an unrelated note, introducing the SW:TOR-lem Shake. If you look closely on the far left starting around 0:15, you can see a well-toned sorcerer with a red lightsaber who may or may not be me.

16. - Top - End - #1066

PirateCaptain

So...I just joined this cuz it was free. So far, loving it. But I'm now wondering something about the difficulty.

How many of the side missions do you really have to do to level high enough for the story missions? My Imperial Agent is going Lightside on my first playthrough because then
    Spoiler
    Show
    Karrel doesn't completely stomp me in a few seconds when I pull a blaster on him,
    but I feel like I'm not doing something right when I actively avoid combat in a MMORPG.

Also, trying to do this solo. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
    How many of the side missions do you really have to do to level high enough for the story missions?
    At first, pretty much all of them, although you can get by without doing Heroics and Flashpoints. As you get farther into the game, you will find your level starting to exceed the level for you class missions (and sometimes the recommended levels for the planet you are on. At that point, you can cut back. That will probably be around the 3rd or 4th planet. (It's hard for me to gage since I augment my XP using WZ's.)

but I feel like I'm not doing something right when I actively avoid combat in a MMORPG.
    There is a LOT to do in TOR. If you try to do it all, you will quickly outlevel your class missions. (Which is not a bad thing.)

Also, trying to do this solo. Any help?
    That's perfectly valid. Although with the groupfinder, I would recommend trying some of the FP's. They aren't that long, give good XP, and there is a chance of good drops.

What level are you? Which AC did you take? What skill tree(s) are you using?
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Firbolg in the Playground

***** Stupid Activate character *****
    Go through the rig moral of activating most of them (which requires logging out of the game and back in), switch over to see if the limit applies across servers or not and now i have to reactivate them again (*)_^$#^%&
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    At first, pretty much all of them, although you can get by without doing Heroics and Flashpoints. As you get farther into the game, you will find your level starting to exceed the level for you class missions (and sometimes the recommended levels for the planet you are on. At that point, you can cut back. That will probably be around the 3rd or 4th planet. (It's hard for me to gage since I augment my XP using WZ's.)

There is a LOT to do in TOR. If you try to do it all, you will quickly outlevel your class missions. (Which is not a bad thing.)
    Actually, if you're playing Free/Preferred then it's quite the opposite. From what I've heard, to keep level with the content you need to do almost everything and use experience boosts (which, thankfully, are dirt cheap off the GTN) with some regularity.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Actually, if you're playing Free/Preferred then it's quite the opposite. From what I've heard, to keep level with the content you need to do almost everything and use experience boosts (which, thankfully, are dirt cheap off the GTN) with some regularity.
    That's not entirely true. The F2P leveling is about the same as it was when the game first came out. Of course without the rested xp, regular access to WZs, and the space missions it will still take a while.

I did find, (if you can stand the current state of it), that leveling through PvP with the legacy xp perks is just as fast as a sub without the xp perks.

Steam Profile

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    I've been leveling a character on F2P, I've been doing all the solo quests (without experience boosts) and remained one level behind my story quests. So I wouldn't say the boosts are necessary, being slightly underleveled has not been much of a problem.

22. - Top - End - #1072

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Ferret View Post
    I've been leveling a character on F2P, I've been doing all the solo quests (without experience boosts) and remained one level behind my story quests. So I wouldn't say the boosts are necessary, being slightly underleveled has not been much of a problem.
    It becomes one when your lvl5 Imperial Agent steps to a guy with 4 levels on you.

Looks like I'll have to do the sidequests then. All of them. How many of them are just "Kill 10 Monsters"?

23. - Top - End - #1073

It becomes one when your lvl5 Imperial Agent steps to a guy with 4 levels on you.

Looks like I'll have to do the sidequests then. All of them. How many of them are just "Kill 10 Monsters"?
    'Kill 10 monster' quests tend to be Bonus objectives, and often part of a chain. When you're doing a non-class quest, it'll be something like 'Sneak Into The Secret Laboratory and Download the Battle Droid Schematics". Along the way, you'll get a Bonus objective of "kill 20 security guards", then "sabotage 5 data terminals", then "Destroy the Super-Droid X-9001 Prototype". Only the 'main quest' gives loot/money, but the bonus chain gives more XP, and it'll always be something you can easily complete while working your way to the main objective.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Expanding on glyph's words, while regular bonus quests are just XP, the multistage bonus quests typically end with collecting an item that you turn in for 3 of the local planetary commendations. Commendation gear/mods are a good way to keep your gear up to date as you level along, so it's handy to complete them.
    Swoop Falcon

25. - Top - End - #1075

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Primarily because by the time I ever had enough of them to buy anything, I'd already outleveled that planet, but if you're spending a lot of time on that planet, it could be worth it.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Primarily because by the time I ever had enough of them to buy anything, I'd already outleveled that planet, but if you're spending a lot of time on that planet, it could be worth it.
    run 1 flashpoint a day. with the daily quest and the bonus for the first LFG you get 9-11 comms.

(Completely off topic edit: This was my 300th post.)
    Last edited by Antonok; 2013-02-19 at 10:32 PM.

Steam Profile

27. - Top - End - #1077

PirateCaptain

Uh, just so I'm clear, Heroic Areas are harder than others, right? Because while I'm getting the hang of the game (thanks for the advice!) I just got destroyed by some Mandalorian on Drumond Kaas who was looking for a challenge, and it was his followers who spanked me before I got to him. Please tell me I just went in underleveled (Me: lvl 11, Mandos: lvl 11).

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh, just so I'm clear, Heroic Areas are harder than others, right? Because while I'm getting the hang of the game (thanks for the advice!) I just got destroyed by some Mandalorian on Drumond Kaas who was looking for a challenge, and it was his followers who spanked me before I got to him. Please tell me I just went in underleveled (Me: lvl 11, Mandos: lvl 11).
    Yeah, heroic areas usually filled with strong(silver frame), elite(gold frame), or champion (has a white star burst like frame) enemies and require a group. That particular quest is a Heroic 2+ quest. Theres also Heroic 4+ quests too.

For the most part heroic quests are soloable if your a few levels above them and know your class, but for a beginner I'd just ask in world chat for a group since theres usually 2-3 instances on DK and Coruscant and pretty easy to find people to do them with.

(Also theres one area on DK thats a heroic area (you get the quest when you enter the area), but its Marked [Area] or something like that instead of heroic.)

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Colossus in the Playground

A Heroic 2+ mission is a mission meant to be done by two players and their companions. A Heroic 4 mission is a mission meant to be done by four players (without companions).

An Area mission is a mission you get just for going into a specific area; if the "Area" in the mission log has a 2+ or a 4 after it, that means the mission is also a Heroic one.
    Last edited by Kish; 2013-02-20 at 10:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

So 2.0 (The patch that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be launching with) has been put onto the PTS, and the initial changelog is up.

A few highlights:
    Planetary commendations have been consolidated into "planetary commendations"

Shield generators now work on all energy/kinetic damage, instead of just direct weapon attacks.
    Swoop Falcon