New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    1. Swap mods.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.

Actually, I suppose you might have been using a non-moddable saber, in which case:

1. Stop being crazy.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.
    Hilt doesn't come out of end-game stuff. Besides, technically, it's a sith warblade, not a vibrosword, so it's just as deadly as a lightsaber (and just as capable of deflecting blaster bolts, although that might not be shown in-game). And it's the warblade of a major historical figure, so that's something.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-25 at 10:44 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've been using my Razer Naga happily since release, but I've yet to use the macro functions (I've just been using the default bindings to 1 through = ). Anyone have any experiences with Naga macros or macros in general? I've thought about binding my trinkets and some short but useful CDs to my Force Charge, that way I'm using them as often as possible if not 100% optimally.

Thoughts on macros?
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

So, it occurred to me that the following two changes upcoming in 1.2 are together going to have quite an effect on Armormech and Synthweaving:

1. Armoring (with set bonus attached) removable from endgame armors.

2. Possible to craft [Exceptional] orange (custom) items.

Basically, once 1.2 goes live, the new crit-crafted oranges are going to be best-in-slot, since you'll be able to fill them with a full set of Rakata mods and an augment. Which is why I highly recommend that any armor crafters do the following:

1. Spend the next few weeks buying up orange schematics from the GTN.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mud View Post
    So I've been using my Razer Naga happily since release, but I've yet to use the macro functions (I've just been using the default bindings to 1 through = ). Anyone have any experiences with Naga macros or macros in general? I've thought about binding my trinkets and some short but useful CDs to my Force Charge, that way I'm using them as often as possible if not 100% optimally.

Thoughts on macros?

You can't use macros. Or at least, it's against the Rules of Conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioware
    To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior...Use or distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications.
    Now, I haven't heard of anyone actually getting an infraction for it, and for all I know they may be referring more to botting than combat macros*. Also, the fact they released a SWTOR licensed Razer keyboard and mouse and then said you can't use macros with them is....stupid, at best. But I'd steer clear of the issue altogether, if you want to play it safe.

*Someone in the official forums asked a CSR person about it, and they said
    Quote Originally Posted by CSR person
    As I have checked, it is against the TOS to use macros keyboard and mouses because it will cause delay key strokes and lead to AUTOMATION. Same logic applies for looping commands with time delays. Some software, including the G-series Key Profiler application from Logitech, allows to make macros INCLUDING delays. This is clearly against our Terms of Service. Just because the user has the option doesn't mean that they are allowed to use it. As shown below, these are are the don'ts in using macros that will violate TOS. *

Combination of set of key strokes with delay: (Example: A + B + C). this example shows a combination of buttons pressed in a certain order (first A then B then C). Looped Combination of set of key strokes with delay: (Example: A + B + C + A + B + C)
    . I don't have a gaming mouse/keyboard, so I haven't actually used macros in any game. But that sounds to me like normal macro usage is still barred. Having said that, CSR responses have been wrong before, and this is one person giving their account of the response, not an actual link to a Bioware employee post, so take it with as many grains of salt as you wish. Still, I'd hold off on those macros for now.

EDIT THAT'S NOT AN ACTUAL EDIT: Actual CSR post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Service post from 2 days ago
    Greetings everyone,

When talking about anything macro related we would like to provide the following guidelines:
    No automation
    No delays or looped commands in macros
    It is okay to bind a macro that performs abilities after each other as long as it still requires the user to press the button on the physical keyboard each time a new action is performed
    These rules apply regardless of which peripheral you are using.

Hope this clears it up a bit, but if you have further questions regarding the topic please get back to us!
    . So there's the official word, as best it is. Now, as I said above, I haven't used macros, but...if macros are okay only as long as you "press the button on the physical keyboard each time a new action is performed"...what the heck is the macro actually doing?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Now, as I said above, I haven't used macros, but...if macros are okay only as long as you "press the button on the physical keyboard each time a new action is performed"...what the heck is the macro actually doing?
    Reducing the number of different keys you have to press, a.k.a. cleaning up your cluttered mess of a quickbar(s).
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-02-25 at 10:44 PM.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Yup. Instead of 1,2,3, you're pressing 1,1,1.
    Alternatively you're using the macro to change up what button is tied to what ability, like using the numpad.
    Until the UI gets changed so we can have more than 2 bars visable, I can't really understand why NOT to use macros- there's too many abilities to have to cycle through.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    Alternatively you're using the macro to change up what button is tied to what ability, like using the numpad.
    Until the UI gets changed so we can have more than 2 bars visable, I can't really understand why NOT to use macros- there's too many abilities to have to cycle through.
    You can have 4 quickbars open.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-25 at 11:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Reducing the number of different keys you have to press, a.k.a. cleaning up your cluttered mess of a quickbar(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    Alright, I think I might get it now, but I'm still confused. Let's say there are two possible macros I want to do (gonna use sniper terms, because that's what I know; and again, keep in mind I haven't used macros, so I may just be mistaken in what people are talking about, or what it's possible to do):

Macro 1: I want it set so that whenever I use Laze Target (next snipe crits), I follow it with a snipe, then a followthrough, then an ambush (these are all attacks, and all subject to the GCD)

Macro 2: I want it set so that whenever I use my threat-lowering ability, I also use both my defensive cooldowns and pop a relic at the same time (these abilities can be hit at the same time in game and are not subject to GCD).

To me, it's pretty clear that Bioware finds macro 1 unacceptable; It would be a textbook case of the "key strokes with delay", and it would violate the "must press a button each time a new action is performed", since I wouldn't be pressing anything for any of the three attacks. Agree? Disagree? Is this type of macro generally allowed by games?

Macro 2 I hadn't thought of until reading the two posts quoted above, but I guess my confusion is: The CSR rep says "performs abilities after each other", but these abilities aren't after each other; they're simultaneous (in theory). Also, it still may violate the "must press the button" clause. And I'm not sure if this is the type of macro you two are talking about above or not. But I can also see why it would be allowed, in theory, and why it would be useful.

I guess it's the "requires the user to press the button on the physical keyboard each time a new action is performed" sentence that confuses me the most. Is "the button" the (one) button to start the macro, or whatever button is typically associated with each cooldown (which would be several buttons in total)? Is a "new action" any new ability at all, or just each new "burst", for lack of a better term, of abilities?

I guess in purely practical gameplay terms, I'm asking: Is the only permissible macro the ability to press 1 button to use several non-GCD abilities at the same time? Or are there more? Or is even that unacceptable?

Salur is confused .

Edit to clarify: For the sake of examples and explanation, assume the following keys: 1 is unbound and would be used for any macro. 2, 3, and 4 are all attacks, and all subject to the GCD. 5, 6, and 7 are defensive cooldowns and relics and whatever, stuff that's not subject to the GCD. Also, Thrain brought up a third possibility, that you have a macro that switches what the 1 key does (this sounds like what you meant and I didn't understand, Acanous), so the first time the 1 key uses the ability bound to 2, then a second and half later pressing 1 uses the ability bound to 3, next GCD it's the 4 ability, and so on. Is this what you're talking about?
    Last edited by Salur; 2012-02-26 at 01:16 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

What little I know about MMO macros comes from WoW, so the syntax isn't going to be anywhere close but:

Macro 1 style 'cast sequence' macros lead to automation. While this leads to better dps performance, I've seen in brought to its logical conclusion (literally every Hunter spamming their macro button the whole fight). It's not pretty and would really like this genie never let out of the bottle.

Macro 2 style is pretty simple to do, but gives a lot of error code dump onto your screen. What you do is cast everything at once. Two no-GCD abilities will still not fire at the same time, meaning you need to click it twice, but it will then go on and try to activate each of the relics in turn.
    Each line will fire, and you can just put every single relic and ability you want on the same button, but it'll get hard to track cooldowns.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

I think the original question was about using hardware macros to bind an action bar to the 12 buttons on the side of the Razer Naga. There's nothing disallowing that.

As for macros, even without time delays they would be extremely useful. For example, on my operative, suppose I'm dpsing from cover. I would write a quick macro that throws an explosive probe if it's not on CD, and uses snipe if it is. Or, if I'm in the thick of the fight, backstab (assuming it's off CD and I'm behind the target), then shiv (again assuming it's off CD), then overload shot when both knife abilities are on CD. And tying eviscerate and headshot to a single button, since they share a CD and require the same target condition, would be nice - after all, the only difference between the two is that eviscerate is a melee ability and headshot is a ranged ability. For AoE, a single button that calls in an orbital strike when it's up and throws a frag grenade when it's not. A single button that puts me into stealth if I'm not in combat and pops vanish if I am. One button that pops stim boost when it's not up or fires a surgical probe if it is.

Those are simple, basic macros. No illegal time delay shenanigans. Those examples alone would clear up 7 spots on my action bars - if I was actually looking at my bars I'm sure I could come up with more.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    You can have 4 quickbars open.
    Tis true. Look upon my bars, ye mighty, and despair.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

I managed to compress Sentinel onto two primary bars. I have four nearly identical top bars, with different abilities for s+F and 4 (e.g. Valorous Call and Transcendence) for example.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

So, after staying up way too late last night I finally finished Act I. I am now Lord Maliwan of the Unnamed Legacy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not that I had much time to enjoy my newfound position, since I also did the bit on Dromund Kaas that kicks off Act II.

Did I just miss it, or has there really not been an option to tell Zash that this little predicament with Darth Thanaton is all her fault?

Oh yeah, and Kallig, this is like the fifth time you've said that "this is the last time I will be able to help you"/"we will not be seeing each other again." Seriously, drop the act, we both know you're going to keep showing up any time it's convenient for the writers.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-02-26 at 07:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

2 possible Juggernaught Hybrid builds I'm considering;

17/5/19
    24/0/17

Thoughts? With the first build, my Smash is really awesome, but Choke is still channeled (boo!). The second build is much more defensive, but the damage output of smash is less spectacular. Also, I really hate having to waste a point in either Force Alarcity or Endless rage on the Rage side of things in the 24/0/17 build. On the other hand, if I don't get Sonic shield from the Immortal tree, I'll have to use 2 pieces of PvP tanking gear, which will throw off my current gear plans.

One last thing; Would people on Rubaat Crystal be up for Directive 7 hard mode? I don't think any of us have columni pants yet.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-26 at 09:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

MindFlayer

I'd be cool with Directive 7. The only Columi piece I have is actually my offhand weapon, so my only preferences are not to do Battle of Ilum and, if possible, Black Talon (which is barely an upgrade, and an unimportant slot). Any of the others, I'm cool with.

If we did Directive 7, can we skip the bonus boss? Not so much for what it is, but because ignoring the bonus objectives means you can skip a lot of trash, from what I hear (and from what I remember).

Can't help on the Jugg question, obviously, but out of curiosity: are you a hybrid build right now? If you're not, what do these builds give you that you feel you're missing now?

My very very very brief poking around seems to indicate that most Jugg hybrid builds are actually Immortal/Vengeance, rather than Immortal/Rage (and one in particular, a 14/27/0 build that I can't actually find anywhere), but I haven't played the class at all, so I don't know what the abilities actually do.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Can't help on the Jugg question, obviously, but out of curiosity: are you a hybrid build right now? If you're not, what do these builds give you that you feel you're missing now?

My very very very brief poking around seems to indicate that most Jugg hybrid builds are actually Immortal/Vengeance, rather than Immortal/Rage (and one in particular, a 14/27/0 build that I can't actually find anywhere), but I haven't played the class at all, so I don't know what the abilities actually do.
    My current build is 31/3/7. My biggest problem with is is the relatively anemic DPS (For some perspective; I have better and more consistent DPS on my level 35 Arsenal Merc, and more consistent DPS on my level 41 Vanguard.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground

My current build is 31/3/7. My biggest problem with is is the relatively anemic DPS (For some perspective; I have better and more consistent DPS on my level 35 Arsenal Merc, and more consistent DPS on my level 41 Vanguard.
    I know just how you feel

I'll have to start doing some HMs soon, get my hands on some of that Biometric Alloy stuff.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Your spec may not be the problem. It's my understanding that JK/SWs are still waiting for some dev lovin', since it was established in beta that the class (including both ACs) was falling short of expectations.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #109
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Has anyone heard any plans at all from the Dev's to fix Ashara Zavros's affection bug?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

The begs the question of Juggernaut DPS builds and their efficacy. Are they gimp compared to other DPS specs for other classes? I was thinking of making the switch since my group has another tank, just for the novelty, and I've been finding so many world drop purples for a jugg DPSer.
    Demonlobster.com because we both know that you know that I know that you like fun!

The most intense eight seconds of your life, for real.

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by polity4life View Post
    The begs the question of Juggernaut DPS builds and their efficacy. Are they gimp compared to other DPS specs for other classes? I was thinking of making the switch since my group has another tank, just for the novelty, and I've been finding so many world drop purples for a jugg DPSer.
    Yes, they are gimp. And, as noted by Philistine, the devs know this and they are going to be fixed... Guardians/Juggernauts for DPS and Sentinels/Marauders for surivability... they haven't provided an ETA on these.

There are also some technical issues they're looking at for Sentinel/Marauder Ataru forms regarding the Ataru second strike ranges being shorter than the "regular" melee range, for whatever reason.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post
    Yes, they are gimp. And, as noted by Philistine, the devs know this and they are going to be fixed... Guardians/Juggernauts for DPS and Sentinels/Marauders for surivability... they haven't provided an ETA on these.

There are also some technical issues they're looking at for Sentinel/Marauder Ataru forms regarding the Ataru second strike ranges being shorter than the "regular" melee range, for whatever reason.
    Sort of. Rage Juggernaught's damage is actually pretty impressive... but it depends almost entirely on smash.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

I've split the spreadsheet into two sheets: North America and Europe. I've also cleaned up some of the improperly sized columns (please avoid widening the columns--shrink your cell's text instead if it linebreaks) to maintain consistency between all cells.

I can't speak much for Juggernauts, but Ebon Hawk is overflowing with DPS Guardians. They do incredibly well in PvP (especially Huttball) since they're beefy and can hit reasonably hard. Their damage output is typically better than most Sentinels actually. I think Bioware just hates Sentinels (and Maurauders) at this point, and most people probably hate them too because they're terrible.

If you're mainly off tanking, it shouldn't be too bad to build a second set of gear (e.g. if you end up tanking for HMs a lot). There's a guy I know that just switches between DPS and Tank Vanguard depending on what the party needs.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Having now finished the IA class questline, I can safely say that it completely blows the SI story (that being the only other one I've finished) out of the water. Among all the awesome is a throwaway line referencing the other class story quests with a suggested facepalm.

I've started the Belsavis dailies (mostly I wanted to unlock Lights Out as an avenue to upgrade my team's weaponry) and was very disappointed that Scorpio doesn't get an upgradeable weapon. A quick search on torhead revealed that there are no upgradeable techstaves or techblades in the game. Apparently there are several other companions affected by this, so hopefully it will be remedied at some point.

Any idea when the purple boxes from commendations are going to be improved? Because both times I've bought one on my agent it contained marauder gear. And there's not a single member of my team that's str-based, so it's a completely waste of commendations.

Also, is there any word on whether social gear being re-classified will be retroactive (ie, if I buy a piece now, will it become medium whenever it gets patched, or will I have to buy another piece)? And will it change according to the character wearing it, or according to the character that buys it? I ask because I have made myself the goal of acquiring the Imperial Pilot set for my agent - I just need a quick BT social run (maybe 2 - I'm at the boundary where I might not quite get all the points I need from a single run) and a week or so to collect the commendations.

On another note (wow, this is getting random/rambling), how do people rate the different ships? Stylistically, my favorite is the Phantom, though the Fury is a close second. The Mantis is a horrendously ugly piece of crap with a ridiculously stupid layout, though it has the most fun acquisition quest. Also, does anyone else get the impression that the Phantom handles better and packs more punch than the Fury? I can do a space mission on either character and switch to do the same mission on the other (ships have identical upgrades, ie all purples and all special commendation items), and it's easier on the agent (no matter which one I do first).
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

From what I've seen, the Sentinel/Marauder acts as more of a support class, with the ability to heal the entire ops group for 6% their max health, the ability to buff the entire group's healing and damage by 15%, a +50% to movement and +10% to defenses buff for the group, and the ONLY healing-reducing debuff in the game. They also, from what I hear, are the #1 solo-pvp class in the game. Mainly because rebuke is an amazing defensive cooldown.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

From what I've seen, the Sentinel/Marauder acts as more of a support class, with the ability to heal the entire ops group for 6% their max health, the ability to buff the entire group's healing and damage by 15%, a +50% to movement and +10% to defenses buff for the group, and the ONLY healing-reducing debuff in the game. They also, from what I hear, are the #1 solo-pvp class in the game. Mainly because rebuke is an amazing defensive cooldown.
    Sure, they're a support class, but you're forced to go Watchman if you want group heals (or any reasonable self heal at all). I dislike playing the Watchman rotation, especially in PvP. I'm not really going to go into my issues with Sentinels (and Smugglers also suffer from a similar problem with the whole medium armor issue) right now, unless you want me to...

Best solo class is Shadow (or maybe Scoundrel). I've been on Ventrilo with a few Battlemasters, and the Shadow player has figured out how to effectively two-shot people (100% to 30% in the opening combo). He's in mostly champion with the battlemaster doublesaber, and he can effectively instagib me if my health is below 60% when I'm in a mix of Centurion and Champion. Sentinels are actually not very good in 1v1s except against squishies since they have so many abilities they need to use in order to ramp up DPS. I dueled a Battlemaster Scoundrel last night with only weapons (stripped nude) and lost because I was GCD-locked. He wins because he only needs to use three skills to kill me, whereas I need to use at least six.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Technically, that was referring to duels specifically, which are a bit different in how they work. Should have specified.

And yeah, medium armor folks are kind of shafted by the fact that the light armor players either have a better version of heavy armor (Sorcerers/Sages. The math has been done, and Force Bubble+ light armor > Heavy armor+the trooper/bounty hunter's defensive cooldown), or a built in self heal and are really in medium or better armor anyway (90% of all Assassins/Shadows I see in pvp switch to the tanking form even if they're in dps forms in PvE)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    On another note (wow, this is getting random/rambling), how do people rate the different ships? The Mantis is a horrendously ugly piece of crap with a ridiculously stupid layout, though it has the most fun acquisition quest.

I find the Mantis to be the most organic, interesting ship out of the bunch. It feels and looks like a bounty hunter's ship and to some extent reflects the appearance of the class with its mish-mash of gear choices. I especially love the fact that the big room sort of resembles the main cargo hold of the Serenity from Firefly.

If I had a choice of ship, I would have taken the Mantis.
    Demonlobster.com because we both know that you know that I know that you like fun!

The most intense eight seconds of your life, for real.

29. - Top - End - #119

I've started the Belsavis dailies (mostly I wanted to unlock Lights Out as an avenue to upgrade my team's weaponry) and was very disappointed that Scorpio doesn't get an upgradeable weapon. A quick search on torhead revealed that there are no upgradeable techstaves or techblades in the game. Apparently there are several other companions affected by this, so hopefully it will be remedied at some point.
    All the melee companions with aim as their primary are "affected":

Troopers - Tanno Vik and Yuun
    Consulars - Qyzen Fess
    Smugglers - Akaavi Spar
    Bounty Hunters - Torian Cadera and Skadge
    Agents - SCORPIO

There are no +aim hilts in artifice... that's why there aren't fully modable weapon models. The weapons themselves fairly rare drops in a base case. AFAIK, the companions that can use techstaves can also use techblades, but I don't know if those that can use techblades can use techstaves. The only way to get them consistently is to know someone who does Armstech or to hold out for quest rewards.

This also affects their armor selections. Synthweaving has nothing for the above folks. They're all in "trooper"/"bounty hunter" armor, except for SCORPIO, who is a droid.

Also, does anyone else get the impression that the Phantom handles better and packs more punch than the Fury? I can do a space mission on either character and switch to do the same mission on the other (ships have identical upgrades, ie all purples and all special commendation items), and it's easier on the agent (no matter which one I do first).
    I think the ships are "skins" and the only differences you see is in your perception. That being said, I wonder how they "balance" things like the Thunderclap vs the Fury, for example, given that the Thunderclap fires three bolts per cycle rather than two... could be that the cyclic rate is slowed down or something.

Apperance wise, I think they all fit with their respective classes. I am disappointed, however, that the two Jedi and two Sith classes share ship models. Seemed like a lazy decision... but I could be vastly simplifying the thought process.
    Last edited by GungHo; 2012-02-27 at 01:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post
    I think the ships are "skins" and the only differences you see is in your perception. That being said, I wonder how they "balance" things like the Thunderclap vs the Fury, for example, given that the Thunderclap fires three bolts per cycle rather than two... could be that the cyclic rate is slowed down or something.
    Yeah, basically whereas a fully upgraded Fury will fire 5 shots from each of it's guns every second, the Thunderclap will cycle between the three guns to fire 10 shots each second.

My personal Ship ranking

Outer Aestetic;
    1) Phantom
    2) Light Freighter
    3) Fury
    4-6, in no particular order) Mantis, Defender, Thunderclap

Interior Design
    1) Mantis (Easily navigable, and feels like a Hunter's ship)
    2) Fury (very nice aesthetic, and I've never gotten lost on it)
    3) Thunderclap (Feels like a military ship, and the design is easy to navigate)
    4) Defender (Nice interior aesthetic, but I hate the multi-tiered design as it's implemented)
    5) Phantom (I hate how easy it is to get lost in the holoterminal room. It seriously ticks me off)
    6) Light Freighter (I HATE trying to get from point A to point B in this thing.)