New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

So, this is mostly for Jokes and Sperreau, who I don't know the schedule of as well, but would the Usually Lawful Evil crew be up for gathering a pair of healers and a DPS on Saturday and trying our first Guild-based Eternity Vault run?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    So, this is mostly for Jokes and Sperreau, who I don't know the schedule of as well, but would the Usually Lawful Evil crew be up for gathering a pair of healers and a DPS on Saturday and trying our first Guild-based Eternity Vault run?
    Just be careful with Gharj, as he bugs out a bunch and doesn't properly spawn islands sometimes. Also, if you're doing in HM or Nightmare, Pylons frequently bug (just keep resetting until you get a working setup).

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Space missions were a massive lost opportunity. They should be more open and free flying instead of a railshooter.
    I understand this one, but I am honestly happy to have had any space combat at all. I hope they improve it/expand it as time goes on. To be frank, a fully functional space sim along the lines of TIE Fighter would have made for a $40 game in its own right... it's a lot to ask for a minigame.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been 3 days since I last logged in to Star Wars.

I have re-downloaded all 27Gb of it *twice*.

I have had 4 BSODs.

I have done 20 restarts after crashes.

I have deleted patch folders & .version files countless times

And the wretched bloody thing still doesn't work.

"Failed to load bundles, going offline."

Convince me not to heave computer & SWTOR out the window.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    It's been 3 days since I last logged in to Star Wars.

I have re-downloaded all 27Gb of it *twice*.

I have had 4 BSODs.

I have done 20 restarts after crashes.

I have deleted patch folders & .version files countless times

And the wretched bloody thing still doesn't work.

Okay, the last thing you want to do is delete folders willy nilly. I am assuming you are unable to even launch the client. What you should do is completely and totally uninstall the game (i.e. uninstall via Control Panel, and then using CCleaner to clear out old data after). If a clean reboot fails after the first five or so times, rebooting another fifteen times without changing anything accomplishes little.

Furthermore, the fact that you are getting BSODs implies to me that there is a larger problem endemic to your computer, and that there is nothing wrong with the client (if indeed you have downloaded it twice). To rule out any software faults, you may want to run a verification on your core Windows files (i.e. pop in the Windows disk and run a repair), and then update your DX9.0c runtimes. After that, you should consider validating your hardware. Blue screens are commonly attributed to memory (RAM) faults, or unstably configured GPUs. You should run Memtest and scale back any overclocks on your GPU. In the rare case that you are running a RAID array, you should verify the integrity of your hard drives.

Edit: Also, have you tried Bioware's Troubleshooting Guide?

Do you have problems with any other video games?
    Last edited by Neftren; 2012-03-08 at 10:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post

I get websensed at work, but The Google is showing me a number of threads on the SWTOR.com forums and a post at Darth Hater. Are they saying to do the reinstall?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Completely unrelated to that...
    Apparently cross-faction mail (to your own alts only) is in the pipeline. (See the next-to-last answer.)

ETA
    @V: Years ago, "Server Time" used to be the universal referent of choice for coordinating globe-spanning raid groups. (Possibly because many Americans don't know GMT any more than they do WestPac time zones.)
    Last edited by Philistine; 2012-03-08 at 02:48 PM.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #218

I may be able to; name a time (preferably in GMT*) and I'll see if I'm available/awake.

*I usually find it's easier to work in GMT, since I don't know US timezones, and most US people don't know Aus timezones.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm up for it, Squark. The trick will be finding healers, hopefully decent ones.

Re: time, I'm GMT -5 (8 PM GMT would be 3 PM for me), and I know we have two GMT -6 . Which zone are you in, Jokes? Just looking around, Australia is around a 13-16 hour difference depending on which zones are being described, so the best times might be Friday night in the US (noonish Saturday in Australia).

Obviously, it would depend on people's individual schedules.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Apparently cross-faction mail (to your own alts only) is in the pipeline. (See the next-to-last answer.)
    Sweeeeeeet.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post
    I understand this one, but I am honestly happy to have had any space combat at all. I hope they improve it/expand it as time goes on. To be frank, a fully functional space sim along the lines of TIE Fighter would have made for a $40 game in its own right... it's a lot to ask for a minigame.
    I would LOVE to see more development on the space combat side, but I have to say that the ground game ought to come first. Beefed up space combat should be something they sell as an expansion feature or DLC, otherwise it's unlikely to justify the cost of development.

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    I'm up for it, Squark. The trick will be finding healers, hopefully decent ones.

Re: time, I'm GMT -5 (8 PM GMT would be 3 PM for me), and I know we have two GMT -6 . Which zone are you in, Jokes? Just looking around, Australia is around a 13-16 hour difference depending on which zones are being described, so the best times might be Friday night in the US (noonish Saturday in Australia).

Obviously, it would depend on people's individual schedules.
    I'm GMT+930 (+1030 at the moment for daylight savings).

How long do operations usually take? I have a few hours spare Saturday afternoon when Salur suggests. Sunday and Monday are a bit more open for me, though.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I don't have a hard schedule in mind, right now, owing to the fact I'm going home for the week for spring break.

14. - Top - End - #224

MindFlayer

If we were to do things today, my guess is the start time will probably have to be somewhere between 1 AM GMT and 4 AM GMT (So, 8-11 PM EST, 7-10 CST, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm Saturday for Jokes). Might be easier to do it the next day though, where everyone is on the weekend.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

If we were to do things today, my guess is the start time will probably have to be somewhere between 1 AM GMT and 4 AM GMT (So, 8-11 PM EST, 7-10 CST, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm Saturday for Jokes). Might be easier to do it the next day though, where everyone is on the weekend.
    Yeah, today works less well, because I'll be at my local Gaming Store tonight.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. With two characters on each faction, I have made a few transfers via the Neutral GTN. It's not so bad buying actual items, but transferring cash was difficult, with such a huge cut taken. :(

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    How long do operations usually take? I have a few hours spare Saturday afternoon when Salur suggests. Sunday and Monday are a bit more open for me, though.
    It depends on the group, really. A well-coordinated group that knows what's what can get through the stuff quick. I've been in a ~45 minute normal mode EV clear, followed by a less quick KP, but it was still pretty quick all things considered.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    I would LOVE to see more development on the space combat side, but I have to say that the ground game ought to come first. Beefed up space combat should be something they sell as an expansion feature or DLC, otherwise it's unlikely to justify the cost of development.
    DLC would be the perfect place for that.
    Also, they could make the space combat a whole separate game. And make the ground combat a separate game. And have the two talk to each other.
    EVE and their new project Dust 514 is exactly that.

I'm not saying they should do this, but apparently it can be done, with various pro's and cons. Still more of a fan of seeing it as DLC. Or you know, a patch.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

This game really needs more solo end-game content as it stands my only two options are pvp (which gets kinda samey after a while what with only three warzones) or stand around in the fleet spamming general for a flashpoint.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This game really needs more solo end-game content as it stands my only two options are pvp (which gets kinda samey after a while what with only three warzones) or stand around in the fleet spamming general for a flashpoint.
    I actually cant agree with that standpoint. What's the point of paying a monthly subscription for a single-player game? What really needs to be done is that the developers need to fix the pickle of group matchmaking and composition, so that you can play multiplayer content with pick-up groups.

On the part of the players, I highly recommend you find and join a guild that operates in your normal playtimes. You need to make friends to succeed in the endgame. If that's not something you're willing to put effort into doing, I highly recommend you save yourself your monthly fee, and buy a single player RPG.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    I actually cant agree with that standpoint. What's the point of paying a monthly subscription for a single-player game? What really needs to be done is that the developers need to fix the pickle of group matchmaking and composition, so that you can play multiplayer content with pick-up groups.

On the part of the players, I highly recommend you find and join a guild that operates in your normal playtimes. You need to make friends to succeed in the endgame. If that's not something you're willing to put effort into doing, I highly recommend you save yourself your monthly fee, and buy a single player RPG.
    Yeah that's what I meant there needs to be a better way for solo players to enter the end game multiplayer content. Something like world of warcrafts dungeon and raid finders would be excellent for people like me that do not have time for committing to an end-game guild or have so erratic play times that no guild will accept them.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-03-10 at 08:11 AM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

people like me that do not have time for committing to an end-game guild or have so erratic play times that no guild will accept them.
    You'd be surprised how many good guilds are out there that don't care how erratic your play times are or whether you can "commit" to end-game.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So... Tentatively recommending Tomorrow at GMT 17 as the proposed time for the first GITP ops run.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So that would be at Noon on Sunday for Central time zone (keeping in mind the daylight savings time tonight at 2:00 which shifts the central time zone from GMT-6 to GMT-5)?

25. - Top - End - #235

MindFlayer

So... Tentatively recommending Tomorrow at GMT 17 as the proposed time for the first GITP ops run.
    Wait, GMT 17 = 3:30 AM for Jokes (I might be off by an hour, but that doesn't really matter). Does tonight not work? Or,it doesn't, shouldn't we be moving it to Sunday night (US)? Or would we lose US people there?

Tomorrow at 1 PM my time (thanks Thrain, forgot it would shift) works for me, I'm just wondering if it's the best time for everyones.
    Last edited by Salur; 2012-03-10 at 11:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

SUnday Night is probably better. I actually meat GMT 19:00 but moving it to GMT 22:00 is fine.

27. - Top - End - #237

MindFlayer

22:00 works for me. Are we going to try EV or KP?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Eternity Vault, because I know the fights better.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know what server you're on, but on Ebon Hawk most people spam the Fleet with "LFG HMs" or some variation. It's not hard to find a group, and if PvE is your thing, there are Belsavis and Ilum dailies that will progressively improve your orange moddable gear (to the point where you can start running HMs). You can be wearing full Columi without even going to a single Operation, so...

PvP is hard to get into because of the gear disparity (it's rapidly changing though as people power through to Battlemaster). It only takes a week to get a full set of Centurion (8 bags per week minimum if you do both weekly quests). Once you get your initial set of gear, it's a lot more rewarding.

Yeah that's what I meant there needs to be a better way for solo players to enter the end game multiplayer content. Something like world of warcrafts dungeon and raid finders would be excellent for people like me that do not have time for committing to an end-game guild or have so erratic play times that no guild will accept them.
    Having a LFG tool would be helpful so that people don't have to stay on the Fleets all the the time to find parties, but honestly, it's pretty easy for solo players to enter endgame content. Do your dailies (solo! and half the heroics are soloable) to get gear. It may take you an hour to find a group (and yes, I understand that may be a painful process), but once you've invested a few hours in finding groups, you'll naturally find a group of players to party with. That's how I joined my current guild. So, it may be rough getting groups the first few times, once you get to know people it gets a lot easier.

Erratic playtimes are hardly an excuse. Not every guild is a hardcore raid-fest. I'm starting to see a lot more PUG Operations on weekends now, so your mileage may vary here. You don't always have to show up to every single raid night (I certainly don't for my guild). Just show up when you can. As long as you aren't giving the impression of a freeloader, most guilds will be happy to have another member.

22:00 works for me. Are we going to try EV or KP?
    This probably depends on your group composition, but I would argue that EV is easier than KP, since you won't have to muck around with the Fabricator Tower of Hanoi puzzle, and Pylons (on normal mode) are exceptionally easy. EV also has more chances at set pieces (Gloves, Boots, Chest, and also the offhand), so if you're trying to gear people up, EV might be a better expenditure of your time. Both shouldn't take more than two, maybe three hours to clear though.

I'm usually on Mumble if you guys have questions or need help, but Normal Mode is a pretty easy affair (so is Hard Mode come to think of it..., but that's more of a DPS race) so you shouldn't have any problems.

30. - Top - End - #240

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    It may take you an hour to find a group (and yes, I understand that may be a painful process), but once you've invested a few hours in finding groups, you'll naturally find a group of players to party with. That's how I joined my current guild. So, it may be rough getting groups the first few times, once you get to know people it gets a lot easier.
    I suspect this is server dependent (and Ebon Hawk has ~50% more people than Rubat Crystal, which helps), but I haven't found this to be true, (which is the annoying thing). Tonight, for example: We ended up sitting in fleet asking for Healers and DPS for an hour and a half, and we ended up getting 1 DPS, no healers. I've friended all the the (competent) people I've done Ops or HM FPs with, and it's pretty common for there still to be no healers on when I'm looking for a group (and often only one or two non-guildies on at all).

Admittedly, part of the problem is that I'm used to being in a group looking for someone, rather than the other way around (and since I generally group with Squark/Thrain, all we need is a healer), which limits our flexibility somewhat, but it's still incredibly frustrating to have to sit in the Fleet not knowing if anyone will answer us if we want to do a HM FP.

The other thing, which is within our control, is that we were looking on a Sunday night, rather than Tuesday or Wednesday (after the lockout ends). Maybe we'd have more luck trying on those days.

Just out of curiosity, how many people are on the fleet when you're looking for your groups?