New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Unsounded, quite possibly the (2nd) best webcomic I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    If something goes down between Toby and Stockyard, she's going to be an inconvenient witness.
    Toby probably wouldn't mind her (unless I'm misreading him), but Stock will probably throw her to the silver, to get rid of her. That might be how she gets away, is silver manages to cut her ropes or something.

Overall, she is pretty much for time being.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground

Toby may be getting a knife in the back before too long.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    Toby may be getting a knife in the back before too long.
    Don't worry, he already got one (panel 6).

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

And now it's Duane's turn for a trippy dream sequence. Also, his soul-cord, or whatever it is, leads to the First Silver. Does that mean it opened a big hole in the khert? Or is it two-toe witchcraft on Cutter's part? Mysterious. I'm assuming that the "friend" Cutter mentions is Bastion.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Cutter is secretly Deliceu ;) BTW who is Bastion? The mook with the boat?

Also no comic till Monday - however I'm seeing how Ashley is essentially a magic creature that manages to draw/paint/think a page every two/three days I forgive her (or him, it could be some weird boy name). I'm 100% convinced she is magic.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Bastion is the Aldish Black Tongue who hired Nary to bring Duane back to Alderode. It's entirely possible he's responsible for turning Duane undead in the first place. He's also the one who made the pymaric that keeps Elan's heart beating, and Duane's boss was accused of knowing him. So he's pretty deeply involved in the whole mess - but he's been staying in the background for now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, of course, Winallis. The aldish Jet Black Tongue.

Is there a place all form spring question Ashley got asked are located?

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Here is an archive with her Formspring answers, including an in-character Formspring she ran for Duane and Sette. Lots of juicy information in there. She doesn't use FS anymore, but here is a blog she updates regularly. Likewise, there's a lot of interesting info to be found there.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Duane might be able to dodge his past by day, but it catches up with him at night, it seems.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't wait for something to happen. Calm before the storm always gets me.

Anyway I super like your pre-previous post (one with wiki link), but I forgot to express my gratitude. Consider this post an expression of said gratitude in a form of a video.

(Stanley's parable - Raphael Trailer) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RdVihv5eKM

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Why, thank you. Good to see that my obsessive interest in behind-the-scenes minutia and commentary is helpful.

So, Duane seems to have his own "imagine spot" he retreats to at night when his body becomes a mindless ghoul. I can't decide if it's heart-warming or disturbing.
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-03-07 at 03:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Huh Duanes eldest girl is missing in the last panel, also that's pretty disturbing stuff.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Mon and Thu update is up. It's Duane getting it on with his lovely wife (the pages are mildly NSFW - there was a boobie in there).

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, yeah. Decision made. It's horrifying. Poor Duane. Has it been like this every night for him, those six years? I do wonder what happened to the real Leysa. According to Aldish custom, she'd be expected to marry Lemuel.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, yeah. Decision made. It's horrifying. Poor Duane. Has it been like this every night for him, those six years?
    Exactly my doubt. If it's so, sunset's approach must be terrifying...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Exactly my doubt. If it's so, sunset's approach must be terrifying...
    Aren't these super special Eel powered dreams?

PS. Did anyone note the crows on the cradle on p 51(last panel)? They are unsettling.
    Last edited by -D-; 2015-03-09 at 03:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like we're about to find out what, exactly, was Lemuel's involvement in Duane's death and reanimation.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like we're about to find out what, exactly, was Lemuel's involvement in Duane's death and reanimation.
    Are we? Thing seems like a jumbled mess. I think this is Duane's side of story.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

We seem to be seeing both of them in equal measure, though. We're going to find out something, for sure, if perhaps not the full story. I think it's very likely that Lemuel knew of the plan to reanimate Duane, but is he in league with whoever arranged it? That's what I'd like to know. He's unshaven and weary-looking in the newest strip. Clearly things have been tense.
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-03-14 at 11:01 AM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Orc in the Playground

We seem to be seeing both of them in equal measure, though. We're going to find out something, for sure, if perhaps not the full story. I think it's very likely that Lemuel knew of the plan to reanimate Duane, but is he in league with whoever arranged it? That's what I'd like to know. He's unshaven and weary-looking in the newest strip. Clearly things have been tense.
    You might even say that their relationship is 'falling apart'. Certainly Duane's face is.

This must be before he got the pymaric voicebox, but after his eyes were installed. Speaking of, we've never learned how he got those pretties, or the voicebox. Pymarics like that aren't cheap; Quigs is desperate to get some for Matty, after all, but apparently the cost of First Gems is still beyond his reach. Since Lemuel wouldn't have been able to draw on any money Duane had, it indicates that Lemuel either had a lot of money on his own (possible), or a wealthy patron/backer who was perfectly willing to pay for very expensive pymaric optics. The latter seems more probable, which might indicate that Lemuel is connected in some fashion to the conspiracy to murder Duane. :(

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Lemuel appeared with the eye pymarics right after Duane "woke up" as a zombie. Not sure about the voicebox. Given that we see him crying as Duane leaves after their sparring match, I think it is indeed likely he was perfectly aware he was seeing his brother alive for the last time.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Lemuel appeared with the eye pymarics right after Duane "woke up" as a zombie. Not sure about the voicebox. Given that we see him crying as Duane leaves after their sparring match, I think it is indeed likely he was perfectly aware he was seeing his brother alive for the last time.
    I remember him being awfully suspicious, for some reason. But what would be the point of killing Duane, what does it accomplish?

WMG: I suspect Shadwe (black hair old guy) killed him, to strengthen the bonds between Gefendur / Ssaelit, without going with the horrible plan of the other Jet minister (Weeping plague for the Gefendur). Also Winallis did the ressurection, no? He was close to Shadwe.

Anyway new comic is up and is Duane, jealous of Lemuel? This is getting interesting.

I'm now convinced Ashley Cope is a wizard(ress?)!
    Last edited by -D-; 2015-03-16 at 04:42 AM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Let's not forget that Duane is really scary in combat. Not only is he a tacit caster of great skill, but his undead state makes him really hard to slow down. It's unlikely to be the entire purpose, but part of it, perhaps. One way or the other, Duane was an exceptional wright who was also a common-born Soud, so no one would raise a fuss if he died.

I do wonder if there's any substance to Duane's jealousy. Also, Lemuel's promises of hiding and protecting Duane suggest he might not have worked with the people who now want him back. Hmm.

24. - Top - End - #624

I do wonder if there's any substance to Duane's jealousy. Also, Lemuel's promises of hiding and protecting Duane suggest he might not have worked with the people who now want him back. Hmm.
    I have long suggested that Lemuel was in love with Leysa. He's not interested in the pretty girls Duane tries to set him up with. And he was probably in on the plot to kill Duane, too, so.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I thought that Leysa and Simon were killed on the same night as Mikaila? Didn't we see Duane going back to his house to find the door kicked in and blood everywhere?

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byzantineblue View Post
    I have long suggested that Lemuel was in love with Leysa. He's not interested in the pretty girls Duane tries to set him up with. And he was probably in on the plot to kill Duane, too, so.
    We know he remained a staunch bachelor and refused all marriage prospects, even though the elders were getting grumpy about it. We also know (from author commentary) that the Aldish custom would have a woman marry her husband's brother on his death, if possible. Duane's jealousy seems to point towards your suggestion being true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    I thought that Leysa and Simon were killed on the same night as Mikaila? Didn't we see Duane going back to his house to find the door kicked in and blood everywhere?
    That was just a nightmare. We don't know what happened to Leysa and Simon, but evidently they were still alive some time after Duane's reanimation.

27. - Top - End - #627

RedWizardGuy

Why are we assuming Lemuel's the kind of guy to murder his own brother? I think he may have found out about Duane's assassination and just wasn't in a position to do anything about it. Duane was about to get a big, big promotion, and anybody powerful enough to do him in and get away with it wouldn't bat an eye at doing away with another troublesome pissmop. Maybe going along with Winalils' sapient plod experiment was really the best option available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Banned

Because he could have warned him.

Not warning him when he had the opportunity pretty much means he's in on it. Lemuel is a patriot. Whatever it is Duane is being used for is the 'Big Win' plan for Alderode. And Lemuel is willing to pay that price to see his nation win.

Hrm. Yes. That's what I imagine the background is. All pure guess work, naturally.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

It's possible Lemuel knew about it and was powerless to do anything. Looks like my hunch was wrong and we won't see any concrete answers yet, since we're still in trippy dreamland.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

Double page.

And, once again, the art is amazingly fantastic...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.