New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 PrC, ToB] Knights of the Fractured Prism [PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Alright, alright. I'll figure out something for the shield. I just don't want to make the shield-based abilities so strong that they overshadow the maneuvers (which is the reason for their current humble status).
    Then consider cutting them completely in favor of more prism-related abilities.

But either have it and make it IMPORTANT, or cut it and let players opt whether to use a shield or not.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 PrC, ToB] Knights of the Fractured Prism [PEACH]

Maybe as part of the ritual, after defeating your mirror-double, you are awarded with a kaleidoscopic, enchanted, stained-glass shield. Initiating any of the prestige maneuvers requires you to be wielding the shield and some fluff related minor action, like reflecting light off of the shield in some special way.

You could even require that all attacks made as part of one of the prestige maneuvers be shield bash attacks (if you did, you'd probably want to alter Heimdall's Cunning to be something more like, "whenever you make a successful shield bash attack, either as part of a Strike or as an attack of opportunity, then you may make an extra attack with your main-hand weapon against the same target and at the same attack bonus").
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!