New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread XI

My Little Pony: Friendship Was Magic

In Equestria, the monsters are kept in safe places, and can be beaten off with hugs and clothing and angry stares.
    In Equestria, a benevolent goddess raises the sun and the moon, and keeps the world in harmony.
    In Equestria, the concept of danger is barely understood.

This is not that Equestria.

The town of Bridle Shores lies near a lake, and is one of the cities that survived the revolution. The heroic Moon Goddess, and her student, overthrew the Burning Hate of the Iron Hoof, saving Equestria from the searing, unending summer that raged for years. Even now, she tries to hold against the monsters, the literal armies of feral species that attack.

This is not the Equestria you know. Friendship has power, love may yet triumph. But evil is not just a word. Go out into the woods today, and be sure to take an axe, or make sure you have that fireball spell on a hair-trigger. If you want to keep your life... you'd better work for it.

Rules?
    Spoiler
    Show

Q: So, how dark are we talking?
    A: As dark as Exalted or a darkish d&d game, no more. The idea should be that things ARE fixable.

Q: What kind of RP is this?
    A: More active than the non-grimdark. The added darkness makes actual adventure-style plots more viable. We could have wars against [unspecified villains], Celestial cults, and dungeoncrawling!

Q: Anything else?
    A: Yes. Dark or no dark, keep within the board rules.

Q: Hullaballoo.
    A: Calloo callay!

Q: Is that all?
    A: No. Whatever you do, do NOT forget about spell 87. Or else. Now have fun.

Previous Main Thread Links

FwM OOC

FwM Plot/Recruitment Thread

Miscellaneous forbidding adventures Thread/s

Daggum it, I need a new soap opera name...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread XI

(Reposting for the new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Lemongrass glanced back with almost a kindly look in his eyes. "We're here. Just follow me." He indicated the large square stone building that made up the guardhouse. He led Sandy past the empty reception area, down several dimly lit corridors before sharply turning into a dank stairwell that marked the prison cells. There, he showed Sandy to the first available cell.

"With luck, we can get an expert to look at you in the morning," Lemongrass said as he closed the door.
    Sandy followed behind him, running completely on autopilot. It seemed as though he'd been walking forever; Lemongrass could've been leading him into a pizza joint for all he knew.

Down the stairs, trot trot stumble trot, and into the cell. He stared blankly back at the pegasus. Or maybe the wall behind him, it was hard to tell. "Thank you...Mister nice guard..." He sloooowly tilted his head until it was nearly parallel to the ground, and sported a big, dopey grin. "Hey...why the...the wide face? Heh...heh...heh..." With that final bit of incoherence, he lost his balance and collapsed right onto the bed, out like a light.

/endponyday

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Madness and Fair Folk

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Ember paused, looking a little frozen for a moment before he opened one eye. And then opened two and looked upon her fae visage. He took it all in this time, as opposed to averting his gaze like usual until she glamored herself. He was hesitant at first but he then bit down on his lip and hugged her. "B-but...you can still be my cute and silly Lochbed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Orzel
    "But how can Ah be your filly if Ah am barely a filly. Ah'm cold and pale and stupid." Lochbed pushed Ember away again. Then she covers herself. "Forget. Forget what ye see."
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson

"I can't forget, I...I don't think I want to,"
    He ignored her push and went to hug her again. His fillyfriend, as weird and scary she could sometimes be, she was his fillyfriend, and most of all, the pact he made to take care of her.

"I don't care if you're cold...its warm in the house anyway, I think you're refreshing,"
    he goofily smiled and nuzzled the pale white kelpie.
    Her head stiffened against the nuzzle. She saw it as untrue. "Ye are just saying that because Ah'll eat ye if ye donnae pretend to like mah form." A sniffle here and there. "Ye really wish for a normal pony mate."

He froze for a moment feeling guilty, his mouth open in paused hesitation.

"Maybe.....but, they wouldn't be as interesting as you." He wasn't sure if that was the right thing to say so he tried again.

"Its not that I don't like your true form....I'm just not used to it...but...it doesn't stop me from liking you."
    The fae stared down at the ground."What... what if Ah became a pony. Became like ye." Her voice softened. "Would ye prefer that?"

"I'd prefer my Lochbed,"
    He said inhaling and puffing his chest. He nodded reassuringly and gave her a smooch.
    Lochbed smiled through the kiss but saw only slightly so. There was still a hint of sadness. But she was softened enough to pinken slightly. "Lord Sol, ye are so kind to this fae. Kindness undeserved."

"Shush, as a noble in blood still, I order ye to not say unkind things about yourself,"
    He said closing his eyes, smiling as he smooched her again.
    She licked him with her fang covered mouth."Ah am bound to mah princess's orders to follow your m'lord." A hoof to the heart she pledged. "Ah willnae say unkind things about youself."

"No, no, I said about you, Lochbed, about the cute kelpie here just gave me a lick,"
    He smiled as he leaned his forehead and pressed it against hers.
    She thought for a second. Gazing deep into Ember's eyes, she have to be very careful before promising anything. "That is what Ah say. Ah willnae say bad things about cute kelpies." she replied.

"About Lochbed,"
    He nuzzled her snout.
    Their little moment as you could call it was suddenly interrupted when Aubade appeared with Ember's sandwich. Ember blushed realizing that this moment became all PDA.
    Distraction. A topic changer appeared in Aubade. "Ye eat your food. Ah will rest." The kelpie slid over the couch and leaned over her head upon the colt's shoulder.
    Ember accepted the sandwich, how mood whiplash-y this all felt. He rubbed his head against the kelpie's in a comforting manner as he thanked Aubade.

Aubade herself bowed her head while silently and briefly taking in the details of the partially unglamored kelpie, how interesting.
    Lochbed groaned since she didn't like Aubade seeing her like this either. It worried her less as the maid knew all about her other-worldliness.

"Ah'm going to bed. Too drained. More than Ah thought." She kissed Ember's cheek. Then she stood up to kiss Aubade's cheek as well. Finally she headed upstairs to Embers bed.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "nice to meet you too.....nnnnggh...."
    The little colt tries to reach Aero's hoof, but he's too short.
    Aero
    Aero laughed and reached a bit farther, and shook Mile's hoof.
    "So what was the deal with those ponies that wanted to kill you?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Yohanna nervously trots through the dark streets of Bridle Shores, looking for an inn to spend the night in.

Taylor walks out of the ice cream bar (tab paid, of course) and nearly bumps right into her. "Well hey there!" He says, grinning. "Sorry about that, I'm usually- You look a bit lost. Need any help with something?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

The young zebra looks down shyly.

Oh... um... sorry. I'm looking for a place to stay for tonight, but I don't have any bits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Aero
    Aero laughed and reached a bit farther, and shook Mile's hoof.
    "So what was the deal with those ponies that wanted to kill you?"
    "I don't know! they're the bad guys that came out of nowhere and ruined everything!, they ruined my bro's birthday party!"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Lochbed groaned since she didn't like Aubade seeing her like this either. It worried her less as the maid knew all about her other-worldliness.

"Ah'm going to bed. Too drained. More than Ah thought."
    She kissed Ember's cheek. Then she stood up to kiss Aubade's cheek as well. Finally she headed upstairs to Embers bed.

Ember watched her go upstairs and slumped on the couch, his hoof touching the plate his sandwich was on. He stared at it for a moment before taking a bite of it. He wondered just how much of his words were genuine and what part was just him trying to save his hide. It made him feel bad, like a jerk face Mcjerk.

Aubade watched and sat next to him and then just hugged him. He had a minor look of surprise as Aubade rarely just randomly hugged him. He hugged her back, she smelled like melon cucumber, it made him hungry for his sandwich more so. "It'll be alright young master," She said simply and pulled away before just walking off. Ember just blankly stared as she went upstairs.
    --

After finishing his sandwich, he got himself a blanket and pillow and plopped himself on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-11 at 10:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The young zebra looks down shyly.

Oh... um... sorry. I'm looking for a place to stay for tonight, but I don't have any bits.
    "Not to worry, there's a civic center set up for just such an occasion. It's just this way." He starts leading her to the building, keeping up conversation as he goes. "So what brings you to this wonderful slice of nowhere?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Soft continues to attempt to teach the marebeast to dance, even if it seems like it should be a lost cause by now. She refuses to quit dammit!

[Mind reposting the exposition stuff so I can has Mystic do stuff too?]
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-06-12 at 08:34 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Not to worry, there's a civic center set up for just such an occasion. It's just this way." He starts leading her to the building, keeping up conversation as he goes. "So what brings you to this wonderful slice of nowhere?"
    Oh... err... the forest was caught on fire... and my house was burned down...

Yohanna looks down, trotting timidly.

What's.... what is your name?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh... err... the forest was caught on fire... and my house was burned down...

Yohanna looks down, trotting timidly.

What's.... what is your name?
    "Jeez, that's rough. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Ah, my name. I've got a few, funnily enough. I go by Taylor, though."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Soft continues to attempt to teach the marebeast to dance, even if it seems like it should be a lost cause by now. She refuses to quit dammit!
    Gwynfillion eventually plopped her plot on the ground. "Can we stop now? I think this 'dancing' took more out of me than fighting that dragon that one time."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The exposition is lie, there is no exposition. Move along citizen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of documents held instructions on where Mystic should start, in the city of New Colt City, particularly in the Broncs. There was to be an anti Celestia rally going on, not set up by Rabble Rouser and co, but it could still provide some leads unless Mystic somehow messes it up Meanwhile, Amber Grain continued to nuzzle and cuddle against her mistress, she liked the way Mystic's...scales or whatever felt.

14. - Top - End - #14

"Jeez, that's rough. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Ah, my name. I've got a few, funnily enough. I go by Taylor, though."
    Thanks.... I'm Yohanna.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Taylor

Thanks.... I'm Yohanna.
    "Well it's nice to meet you, Yohanna. I- Oh hey look, here we are." He leads her into the Center and plops himself down in a corner, clearly about to go to sleep himself. "I suppose we can trade stories in the morning. I don't want to talk your ear off."

--

Daniel

Daniel keeps strumming his lute on a low, strong chord to keep himself awake during his vigil. His body will give him heck come morning, but better that than getting jumped in his sleep by Mr. Dour.

--

Zaros

Having seen Starbeam off (offscreen adventures galore!), Big Z stands atop a hill near the town, watching for trouble throughout the night.

16. - Top - End - #16

Luka's still asleep, on the matress, whistling, if Snowflake or anypony else do anything to him then his ponyday ends

Daniel

Daniel keeps strumming his lute on a low, strong chord to keep himself awake during his vigil. His body will give him heck come morning, but better that than getting jumped in his sleep by Mr. Dour.
    Whitestone's still unconcious, but seems that throwing something at him would wake him up, otherwise he would just lay on the ground there.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Taylor

"Well it's nice to meet you, Yohanna. I- Oh hey look, here we are." He leads her into the Center and plops himself down in a corner, clearly about to go to sleep himself. "I suppose we can trade stories in the morning. I don't want to talk your ear off."
    Thank... thank you. For showing me to the Civic Center..

She settles on some hay gingerly and tries to sleep.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

The next ponyday

Hotel - Staccata
    Not being a morning pony, Staccata stays in the usual cuddle-vice in bed nowhere close to waking up.

Guard House

The griffon was put on what amounts to light duty as standard reaction to exposure to unknown magics resulting in injury. This, of course, puts him in a bad mood and there aren't any trainees to take it out on due to them still being short-hoofed. What's worse is that he's not going to be able to fly out to the fort to have a conversation with the general without having any pieces of the assassins' armor.

He just sighs and sits down in a patch of sunlight.

Mach's Workshop - Mach

Mach having been cooped up all day gets up and starts some coffee. It might be a day to get around the town in the sun. While the caffeine is going, he heads outside and just floats at the altitude of his second story for a while and yawns.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gwynfillion eventually plopped her plot on the ground. "Can we stop now? I think this 'dancing' took more out of me than fighting that dragon that one time."
    "As you wish." Soft says, a little disappointed, but understanding.

The rest of documents held instructions on where Mystic should start, in the city of New Colt City, particularly in the Broncs. There was to be an anti Celestia rally going on, not set up by Rabble Rouser and co, but it could still provide some leads unless Mystic somehow messes it up Meanwhile, Amber Grain continued to nuzzle and cuddle against her mistress, she liked the way Mystic's...scales or whatever felt.
    Mystic considered her options in this scenario. She wasn't a half-bad speaker, but with the way she currently looked, they'd probably ignore anything she had to say. She had a few inconspicuous spies left, so she'd end up sending one of those in first to see what the best way to deal with them was.

Naturally, she'd be somewhat close by with a few less conspicuous minions on hoof in case things went...well....really south.

And yeah, she essentially has scales. She nuzzled and cuddled Amber back every once in a while.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Taylor

As always, Taylor wakes up at the crack of dawn and sneaks out of the Civic Center to witness the sunrise. After which he goes back in to check on Yohanna

--

Daniel

If a guard comes down at some point, Daniel calmly informs them that yes, the prisoner did try to escape and yes, he is having a very nice nap.

--

Zaros

Much like Taylor, Big Z catches the early sunrise and takes that as his cue to go catch some Z's in a field. (Pun not intended, but I'm still so very sorry.)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "As you wish." Soft says, a little disappointed, but understanding.

"Thanks,"
    She uttered laying spread down on her belly now. She looked adorable all pooped out, or would if it wasn't for her pouty grouchy expression. "Ya know...I could really use a pina colada right now.."

Mystic considered her options in this scenario. She wasn't a half-bad speaker, but with the way she currently looked, they'd probably ignore anything she had to say. She had a few inconspicuous spies left, so she'd end up sending one of those in first to see what the best way to deal with them was.

Naturally, she'd be somewhat close by with a few less conspicuous minions on hoof in case things went...well....really south.

And yeah, she essentially has scales. She nuzzled and cuddled Amber back every once in a while.
    "Mmm...so whatcha readin'?" The silly filly asked rubbing up against Mystic in a cuddling fashion.

22. - Top - End - #22

"I don't know! they're the bad guys that came out of nowhere and ruined everything!, they ruined my bro's birthday party!"
    Aero "Wow, what jerks. You should NEVER interrupt somepony's birthday party. That's like, the biggest sin EVER."
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #23

Aero "Wow, what jerks. You should NEVER interrupt somepony's birthday party. That's like, the biggest sin EVER."
    Aisis then arrives to the room
    "not only his birthday party, it was his arming party too, then they came, ruined it, and killed everypony in the village.... Only me and my brothers survived...."

Luka

He was still sleeping on the matress, still whistiling and laying on his back with a hoof over his barrel.

Whitestone and Ironblade

Ironblade's went from unconciouss to sleeping at night. But whitestone's already starting to wake up.

"ugh....wha-....What was that?"
    He was still on the floor, just raising his head and rubbing it with a hoof.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy Shores - Almost like a drinkin' night]

Sandy, bruised and beaten, slumbered on in his cell. His dreams were filled with nightmarish spectres, cackling vamponies, and worst of all, himself, dim-eyed, doing the evil one's bidding. He frowned and groaned in his sleep, stirring on his cot, but his weariness kept him fast asleep.

[Back at the Cirrus]

Sandy, ordinarily an early riser, was noticeably absent from the galley and the engine room. Additionally, there was a package in whatever they use to accept mail; a small box, addressed to Sandy, as well as a letter tied to it. This, however, simply had Gearstride's name on it. No return address, no stamp, nothing.

25. - Top - End - #25

Taylor

As always, Taylor wakes up at the crack of dawn and sneaks out of the Civic Center to witness the sunrise. After which he goes back in to check on Yohanna
    Yohanna, as it seems, has had nightmares and is buried under a pile of hay in the corner, snoozing silently.

Taylor may see a few dragonflies and rabbits sleeping next to her.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-06-14 at 10:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

And so that next morning there would be a frenzy, in a manner of speaking. The Guardhouse/police would find themselves swamped with reports of ponyfolk getting attacked during the night. Or at least claims of being attacked, no one ever could actually remember many details of being attacked or their attacker, just a hazy feeling of such a thing happening. Claims of feeling groggy, and a little itchy around the neck. A few ponies found themselves in random places in town, a few others, lying comfortably in their homes. Oddly, a couple of the ones who found themselves waking up in town, also mentioned leaving one of the many bars in Bridle Shores.

It wasn't until two reports of two mares found dead came in, found in different parts in town. Several bite wounds on their neck, like some sort of animal attack almost. Most importantly, they were drained of their blood and seemed to be more like husks than anything else.
    ------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Gearstride woke up feeling tired, and having an odd feeling altogether. She couldn't remember if Sandy messaged her that he had returned from his outing or not, or if she was partial to a dream.

She went to go collect their newspaper the crew started to get. They have been here so long, that they started getting the newspaper, who'd a thunk? :P

T'was about then when she saw a package with her name on an attached latter. She looked at it confusedly as she was still trying to wake up. She then shrugged and opened up the letter to read its contents.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed wakes up
    She is happy
    Hover Heart wakes up
    She is sad
    Rainbow Pepper wakes up
    She's hungover
    Juribean wakes up
    She's been bad
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Yohanna, as it seems, has had nightmares and is buried under a pile of hay in the corner, snoozing silently.

Taylor may see a few dragonflies and rabbits sleeping next to her.
    Taylor smiles at the sight and leans against a nearby wall, keeping watch.

Whitestone and Ironblade

Ironblade's went from unconciouss to sleeping at night. But whitestone's already starting to wake up.

"ugh....wha-....What was that?"
    He was still on the floor, just raising his head and rubbing it with a hoof.
    "Heeey, look who's up with the sunrise! How're you feeling?" As always, Daniel is almost annoyingly cheerful.

29. - Top - End - #29

Aisis then arrives to the room
    "not only his birthday party, it was his arming party too, then they came, ruined it, and killed everypony in the village.... Only me and my brothers survived...."
    Aero
    "Anyways...yeah...Aisis, don't tell anypony about my attacks please."

---

Blaze
    Blaze is still fighting the flu!
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-06-14 at 04:24 PM.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #30

Aero
    "Anyways...yeah...Aisis, don't tell anypony about my attacks please."
    "ok...seems like our friend won't be waking up soon, so we could just sleep already....I'm tired, and Luka's been asleep already"

"I'm kinda....too"
    Aisis just gets on her bed while Mile faceplants against the pillow.... Then starts snuggling/twisting his head around it, he's obviously enjoying it.

"Heeey, look who's up with the sunrise! How're you feeling?" As always, Daniel is almost annoyingly cheerful.
    Whitestone sees him before starting to sit up
    "Ugh...You're still here, there goes hoping it was all a nightmare...."
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-06-14 at 05:17 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show