New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 11

1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 11

[Intermission]

"Well, we've toured your realm so... What now?"

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intermission]
    She shrugs.
    I don't have any ideas...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intermission]

"Maybe we could all go out somewhere? It's been a while since I've been out in the Nexus..."

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intermission]
    Carrie nods.
    Girls' night out sounds good!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intermission]

"Where to, then? And do you want to pick up Zwei and Tsiln?"

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intermission]
    She nods.
    Maybe the Dancing Fox? I've been there a few times.
    Let's go pick up Tsiln and your wife.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dave and Clarissa's House]

Oooo! Agitating dead people! How fun! Clarissa would normally leap at this offer, chain it to her wrist, and steadfastly deny any attempt Dave made to weasel his way out of the agreement, but she has much more grave issues to deal with right now, lamentably.

"Actually, Dave, we need to talk. About these, if you're wondering."

Clarissa motions to the spread of nine tails arrayed regally behind her like the plumage of a male Indian Peafowl. They are quite animated for pieces of flesh grafted onto a body, almost as though they possess their own will and at times go so far as to embark on their own flights of fancy.

"These are the seven sins, Death, and Life. You're already well-acquainted with the seven, but I'd sincerely hoped that you'd never have the chance to meet Death."

"While I've been able to control the seven for most of my existence, Death, a curse imposed on me for..."

"Promise you won't hate me now, Dave..."

"Designing and properly implementing death."

Clarissa holds her tongue to allow those words to sink in. She feels no need to elaborate on them further, thinking them more than enough for any mortal living in constant fear of death to comprehend.

"Everything dies because of me. And I mean everything. Some gods die too. Death conquers all. It can even best my own spirit and usurp my body for relatively short parcels of time."

"To prevent that..."

"I need to kill. Daily. Whatever Death demands as payment. Before the incident, I used to be able to wipe out an chunk of a population amounting to a little over 400 people per year if I decided to kill whenever it was most convenient for me. But now the rules have changed. I'm getting these urges... I know I must kill again."

8. - Top - End - #488
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dave and Clarissa's New House
    "I wasn't asking about the tails because they looked kinda cute on you."

"And Clarissa, if you hadn't made death, then so many bad things would have happened because we weren't able to kill the people making them happen. Hell, I wouldn't even be here today if it wasn't for death. Plus, nothing should be living forever, it's kinda cruel."
    "And what do you wish to do about these urges? You just want to go out and kill random strangers?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

Tirin, most likely, is preparing a seafood-heavy breakfast for Elena.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Intermission]
    She nods.
    Maybe the Dancing Fox? I've been there a few times.
    Let's go pick up Tsiln and your wife.
    Karyana grins.

"Sounds good to me. They should be in Walkway Five, I think, so... If you'd do the teleporting?"

10. - Top - End - #490

Apartment
    That would be good, though Elena is still sleeping.

Since getting a job as a biologist was hard nowadays for her, especially with the whole Umbrella thing, she was working the graveyard shift at a Convienance Store in Inside.
    But, she was happy. She was living with the love of her life and had enough money in the bank for the both of them to pay rent till the day they die.
    Someone should wake Elena up soon, before she smells the food that'll make her run and glomp Tirin.
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intermission]
    Teleport! WHOOSH!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Pixie in the Playground

"Pfft! Try explaining that one to the pigheaded Asclepius! Oh wait you can't. He's dead now too. Pity. Tragic. Let's be honest, he deserved worse."

Clarissa grumbles, even now outraged at the nerve of those who singled out her notions of renewal as treacherous blasphemy.

"At least I had the opportunity to singe him myself."

Clarissa whispers, secretly applying the balm of vengeance to her still open wounds. She crosses her arms and blows a rebellious strand of hair up and out of her view.

"And yes. That's exactly what I have to do. Not what I want to do, mind you, what I have to do."

Clarissa speaks, steadily growing both grumpy and dour. Bah! This did nothing to improve her mood!

"There's good news, though! If I neglect another of my aspect until it gets so powerful that it can control me, I might be able to blot out..."

Clarissa, without warning stiffens for an instant. After her body relaxes, she shakes her form and presses her back against a nearby wall and stares up at Dave, a lustful glint in her eye and a coy smile upon her face.

"Silly me."

She laughs, curtainality seeping into every defining note of her tone.

"I almost forgot all about the housewarming surprise I have waiting for you..."

"Upstairs..."

"In our bedroom..."

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Apartment
    That would be good, though Elena is still sleeping.

Since getting a job as a biologist was hard nowadays for her, especially with the whole Umbrella thing, she was working the graveyard shift at a Convienance Store in Inside.
    But, she was happy. She was living with the love of her life and had enough money in the bank for the both of them to pay rent till the day they die.
    Someone should wake Elena up soon, before she smells the food that'll make her run and glomp Tirin.

[Apartment]

Tirin certainly has no plans to do so. From past experience in Umbrella, getting glomped when getting Elena breakfast usually ends quite well for him.

In any case, since some history is needed, Tirin is bringing in plenty of money too; he's got the skills to work either as an empath or a mercenary, and has been doing both.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dave and Clarissa's House

Oh, that wonderful new house smell, that odor of dust, mildew and slowly rotting rodents sequestered beneath the floorboards, speaking with poetic brevity of new and exciting experiences in store and hundreds of dollars worth of repairs needed!

Seriously, they might not want to use the upstairs bathroom until they can get someone in to fix all those leaking pipes... And possibly a biohazard team to remove that nasty looking gray mold with all the eyestalks.

But I could talk all day about the many, many horrible little surprises in store for Dave and Clarissa as they explore the ancient and austere mansion they've purchased for themselves and for the most part, said surprises are far too mundane and non-lethal to waste time upon. No, if I were them* the only semi-sapient infestation I'd be worried about would be the one currently crawling, wriggling and clambering through the walls towards the dynamic duo of demon and doctor, muttering angrily to itself as it goes.

*And thank gog I'm not, considering what merry murderers they both are
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

15. - Top - End - #495

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

"Pfft! Try explaining that one to the pigheaded Asclepius! Oh wait you can't. He's dead now too. Pity. Tragic. Let's be honest, he deserved worse."

Clarissa grumbles, even now outraged at the nerve of those who singled out her notions of renewal as treacherous blasphemy.

"At least I had the opportunity to singe him myself."

Clarissa whispers, secretly applying the balm of vengeance to her still open wounds. She crosses her arms and blows a rebellious strand of hair up and out of her view.

"And yes. That's exactly what I have to do. Not what I want to do, mind you, what I have to do."

Clarissa speaks, steadily growing both grumpy and dour. Bah! This did nothing to improve her mood!

"There's good news, though! If I neglect another of my aspect until it gets so powerful that it can control me, I might be able to blot out..."

Clarissa, without warning stiffens for an instant. After her body relaxes, she shakes her form and presses her back against a nearby wall and stares up at Dave, a lustful glint in her eye and a coy smile upon her face.

"Silly me."

She laughs, curtainality seeping into every defining note of her tone.

"I almost forgot all about the housewarming surprise I have waiting for you..."

"Upstairs..."

"In our bedroom..."

Dave and Clarissa's New Home
    Dave's eyes lit up!
    "A present? For me? Yay!"
    He ran up the stairs into their bedroom right away.
    Mostly because he did get the cues and he loves presents.
    Which is why he jumps onto the bed.

---

Apartment
    Elena's nose twitches as she smells the food.
    Slowly, but silently, she gets out of bed on all fours and stalks into the kitchen. She waits until she's close enough to pounce onto Tirin and glomp him mercilessly!
    "Mmm...seafood..."
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Apartment
    Elena's nose twitches as she smells the food.
    Slowly, but silently, she gets out of bed on all fours and stalks into the kitchen. She waits until she's close enough to pounce onto Tirin and glomp him mercilessly!
    "Mmm...seafood..."

[Apartment]

And Tirin (who, being fairly familiar with his wife, had made sure to set down anything that might go flying, or is sharp) is glomped! Not that he seems to mind.

"Morning, dear. And yes, there is seafood. Though it's on the counter at the moment, not on me..."

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dave and Clarissa's Manor in Need of a Serious Tune-Up Job]

This is why Clarissa would be the perfect manager for a construction company. She maintains contact with...things with specialties in every single field imaginable (and some that aren't).

Unlike the excitable Dave, she is not so engrossed in the collision with impending curtains that she is willing or able to ignore that weird, raspy noise coming from the wall...

Rats. Must be rats. Rats in the walls. No good can come of that. Don't need Dave cannibalizing people again in some funky HP Lovecraft spin-off. Nope.

In her most charming and pure voice, Clarissa beseeches the "rats" in the walls to journey out into the open.

"Hello there mouses! How are you today? Why don't you step out into the light so I can give you a nibble of cheddar cheese?"

With both hands hidden behind her back, she cautiously makes her way into the center of the room, listening intently for any scratching resulting from her attempts to foster rapport with the vicious vermin. That way, she'll figure out which area of the house to rigorously Hadouken!

18. - Top - End - #498

Dave and Clarissa's House of Horrors!

Ooh, Clarissa might not wanna do that. It is an old house after all and you never know which one of those walls might be load bearing! Especially seeing as the scratching sound and the accompanying muted muttering of angry, angry words seems to be moving around awfully fast, starting in the northern wall and quickly moving into the floor, up the eastern wall, the malformed little beastie scuttling all around in search of, err.... something or other?

Maybe it's after cheese?

Or the lifeblood of the innocent?

19. - Top - End - #499

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

[Apartment]

And Tirin (who, being fairly familiar with his wife, had made sure to set down anything that might go flying, or is sharp) is glomped! Not that he seems to mind.

"Morning, dear. And yes, there is seafood. Though it's on the counter at the moment, not on me..."
    Apartment
    She reluctantly lets go of him, going over to snack on the seafood, even if it was raw.
    "Morning." she says happily.

---

Dave and Clarissa's New Home
    Dave is now waiting very patiently!
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

Actually, most of it should be cooked by now, in various ways. Though the eel was prepared as raw sushi.

In any case, he follows her, tail, as usual when he's near her, going to rub behind her ears.

"Got any plans for after breakfast?"

21. - Top - End - #501
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dave and Clarissa's Thematically-Suitable Manor]

Then whatever that pest is, it is fresh out of luck! If it coincidentally happens to be searching for either of those two things, lifeblood of the innocent or cheese, it won't find either because Clarissa imports Dave's meals directly from a neat little kitchen in Hel and doesn't really carry any cheesy ingredients on her at any point in time. Why it shouldn't be able to sniff out the second item is pretty darn self-explanatory. Clarissa is by no scale innocent and Dave is in a room upstairs...

A room that is far removed from here...

Not to mention that he's couldn't actually fit the "innocent" mold in Clarissa's book.

Now, Clarissa absolutely must exterminate scurrilous nuisance scurrying about within the walls. It is ruder than anything within acceptable bounds and deserves to be shot. And mutilated. And desecrated.

Mostly because Clarissa doesn't appreciate it. Mostly.

The walls might be load bearing roof supports, but there's no way the floor could be!

That's why Clarissa is stomping on it with great gusto and a fair stack of annoyance.

22. - Top - End - #502

[Apartment]

Actually, most of it should be cooked by now, in various ways. Though the eel was prepared as raw sushi.

In any case, he follows her, tail, as usual when he's near her, going to rub behind her ears.

"Got any plans for after breakfast?"
    Apartment
    She pauses from eating.
    "It depends, are you working today?"
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Apartment
    She pauses from eating.
    "It depends, are you working today?"

"Not that I'm aware of,"
    he replies, shrugging. "So what are they?"

24. - Top - End - #504

"Not that I'm aware of,"
    he replies, shrugging. "So what are they?"
    Apartment
    "Eating, maybe a bit of a curtain, grocery shopping, and then maybe we could go out to a nice restaurant for dinner?" she suggested, eating some more delicious eel.
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

Tirin nods, slipping an arm around her, and smiling happily.

"All of that sound good... Where were you thinking of for the restaurant?"

26. - Top - End - #506

Apartment
    "Mmm...how about you choose. My mind's too pre-occupied to think right now." she said as she leaned into Tirin.
    Note: There's been no seeds of rage since they left Umbrella
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

That's good, but vaguely worrisome. If she was still being messed with, they might want her back, after all. Of course, it could just have been Zero, which was always Tirin's theory anyway. Not that he had anything against him, but they did seem worse after being near him, and matched his issues pretty well, so...

Tirin smiles, going to pull Elena into his lap.

"Well, Restaurante Enchante is supposed to be quite good, and we've got the money, so how does there sound?"

28. - Top - End - #508

Apartment
    She reverses in his lap so she's facing him.
    "Sounds good." she said as she went in to kiss him and initiate a black curtain.
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

Tirin has no problem whatsoever with that, happily returning her kiss and assisting in pulling the curtain.

30. - Top - End - #510

Dave and Clarissa's Possibly Haunted House

Well, true, stomping on the floor probably won't bring the house down, but it could certainly result in lowering Clarissa herself a couple feet. This house was billed as having no less than two basements and while the salesman did leave out a few important details, he wasn't lying about that at least.

Assuming Clarissa has decent aim, some sense of timing and her usual considerably above par speed, slamming her foot against the floorboards in an attempt to crush the nuisance scurrying about beneath will yield a loud half-squeak, half-screech of pain and a satisfying squish of flesh and bone being crushed underfoot...

...Aaand also the much more worrying sensation of the boards giving way and her leg going straight into the air of the cellar below, the creaking of the rotten floor beneath her suggesting the rest might well collapse soon enough.