New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 11

1. - Top - End - #661
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 11

Defelent's House

Tracy will try to intercept Naethalee and take the bowl off her and do the washing up herself.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

Dorota also stares right back into Crissy's eyes, smiling blissfully, her hands wandering a little.
    I love you too... like... I've never loved anyone before.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

Defelent's House

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Tracy will try to intercept Naethalee and take the bowl off her and do the washing up herself.
    The half-drowess chuckles softly, but allows Tracy to intercept!

[Beach]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dorota also stares right back into Crissy's eyes, smiling blissfully, her hands wandering a little.
    I love you too... like... I've never loved anyone before.
    "I'm the same way...you have all of my heart and all of my soul," Crissy whispers...hands also wandering.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

Well, Dorota's hands don't wander too much. She manages to keep a little bit of a clear head so she won't go too far in the open.
    Who would have thought poor little me would have such an effect on somebody? she asks playfully instead.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

After taking the bowl, Tracy will go to the kitchen and wash up all the bowls, spoons and any other implements used in the meal.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Halfling in the Playground

((Sorry for taking so long, I'd been trying to decide on Sticks background))

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    The Cornucopia

Alice looks in fascination between her new arm and Sticks's. She carefully flexes each finger in turn as he rearranges the tools and parts.
    "Actually, I think it might be a good idea if you told me, even if it was horrible. Hearing how you coped with it might help me to adjust. It wasn't too long ago that I lost my arm in the first place." She smiles wanly, hoping she doesn't offend him again but curious nonetheless.
    Sticks smiles at her and nods solemnly. "As you wish," He holds up a finger. "But I think I'd rather show you."

The thin man makes his way back into the store proper. "Wait here a moment, please." And with that, he disappears upstairs. When he returns, he's holding a small, black wooden box in his hands. He holds it like a child - a precious, fragile thing. The artifact is covered in white lines, sigils to protect what's held inside.

"I was, in a land far from here and now, the servant of a man called Kalashi." He smiles wanly, but still with that air of drama, placing the black box on the counter. "He was a king, and I his court magician. " A pause. "Also, for a time, his friend." Sticks arches his brow at Alice. "Do they have kings and courts where you come from, Miss Q?"

Sticks is hoping that, as he tells his tale to Alice, he can learn a bit more about her. Understand what he'll have to teach and what she already knows, for one thing.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-30 at 12:53 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #667
    Orc in the Playground

((It's fine, the quality of writing is always more important than the speed of the response))

The Cornucopia

Miss Q follows him into the main room of the store, smiling once more at the mechanical creatures. She waits patiently as Sticks goes upstairs and returns with the box. A look of intense curiosity crosses her face when she sees the enruned container, but she's content to wait to see how it fits in.

Alice listens attentively to his narrative, and appears a little surprised at the question. She seems strangely reluctant to answer, not meeting his gaze.
    "Oh...yes. There are Courts and Kings where I come from. Queens too. The ones I know about are perhaps a little different from yours, but I know what they are." She glances at the box once more, eager for Sticks to continue.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-04-30 at 05:49 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate's apartment

There's a knock on the door. It's a little faint, but it's there.
    *knock knock*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #669

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    ((It's fine, the quality of writing is always more important than the speed of the response))

The Cornucopia

Miss Q follows him into the main room of the store, smiling once more at the mechanical creatures. She waits patiently as Sticks goes upstairs and returns with the box. A look of intense curiosity crosses her face when she sees the enruned container, but she's content to wait to see how it fits in.

Alice listens attentively to his narrative, and appears a little surprised at the question. She seems strangely reluctant to answer, not meeting his gaze.
    "Oh...yes. There are Courts and Kings where I come from. Queens too. The ones I know about are perhaps a little different from yours, but I know what they are." She glances at the box once more, eager for Sticks to continue.
    Sticks can't help but wonder why she seemed so hesitant. But Alice seemed far more interested in hearing his story than telling hers... best to continue.

"Kalashi was a, uh, little unstable. He would have these... fits of animosity, and as I'm sure you can understand, men die when kings have fits," The tall man's smile fades. "Such terrible rage. So much anger in one creature." He shakes his head. "I like to think I helped him, but that man was beyond help. It only got worse, as time went on."

Sticks brushes the white runes with his fingertips, and some invisible lock clicks open. The lid flies open eagerly, and inside, an intense glow seeps out. At the bottom of the box, which seems to be far too large for it's contents, there's a tiny blob of red fire. Sticks plucks this from the box, caressing the dying fire. It leaps to life at his touch, turning white hot. It takes on a shape - like a tiny elf on a throne, face shining with silent anger. His face is propped on one meaty fist, an intense scowl on his troubled brow.

"We were like brothers," Sticks says, looking at his old friend with longing in his eyes. "And as I grew closer to him, I also grew closer to family. To his daughter."

Sticks flexes his fingers, hard, and the flame reignites, transforming into the vision of a radiant young woman, with clever eyes and a lovely smile. He looks frustrated, that even as a master of his craft, he cannot match her radiance. She's elfish, like Sticks himself, and slim. Dressed in an amber gown, trimmed with the thinnest gold. "She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-01 at 12:17 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #670
    Orc in the Playground

The Cornucopia

Alice listens intently as Sticks describes his life with Kalashi. She leans forward to see the contents of the box as he opens it, and she stares at the flame with astonishment. What was it? A soul? She had no idea. Her eyes widen as it transforms into the King, and then into his daughter. She glances between the image and Sticks, shifting nervously as she does so. He's obviously troubled by the remembrances, and Alice isn't sure what to say.
    "What was her name?" She watches the image with fascination, wondering what the woman had been like.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-05-01 at 11:13 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671

The Cornucopia

"Mirdath," The word rolls quietly off of Sticks' silver tongue. "She was a smart girl. When I had the chance to speak to her - and I often stole such chances - she taught me about machines. She was smitten with these little things that walked with springs and cogs. I'd never seen anything like them, but I used to joke around her, call them her toys."

Sticks turns and gestures at Bolts, who quickly flutters over to perch on his arm. The tall man sighs happily before letting the robot-bird go about his robot business. However, the busy Bolts seems to like Alice, and will attempt to land on her shoulder. "In time, I was tinkering right alongside her. We grew close, after a year or two, and..."

The fire in Sticks' hand flashes again, transforming into a vision of himself and Mirdath. They seem to be holding one another in a more-than-friendly manner, but before the vision can be defined, Sticks squashes it into an inscrutable mass. He'd wanted to give a visual aid, not embarrass himself or the lady Mirdath. Besides, this isn't meant to be his whole life story. Just the part that matters for Alice.

"And we grew close. It was an issue. As noblewomen often are, Alice was betrothed to the prince of a neighboring land. For purposes of peaceful relations. It's not like it is here - no such freedoms," Sticks scowls deeply. The flame in his hand burns with rage right along with him. "We weren't as cautious as we should've been. Kalashi's wife discovered us, and... the king was displeased." The flame almost shapes itself again, but Sticks hastily stows it back in the box. There's no need for Alice to see such things. "He had one of his fits. It was too late for either of us, by then. He stormed into my chambers, grabbed one of my instruments," Sticks holds up his needle-hand, the one surrounded by a violet field of magic. "And he shattered his own daughter. Smote her very spirit into pieces. Then in some grief-stricken madness, he tried to kill me. Blamed me for it."

Sticks expression has turned dark. The thin man closes his black box gravely, face a little drawn. "He took my arm before I took his head. There were no guards near my workshop, where he'd come to confront the two of us, so I ran. Never even looked back." The soul-trader bows his head. "Secreted away in my home village, I used what Mirdath had taught me and built an arm. The contraption barely moved at all, but I kept it anyway." He shakes his head. "As time went by, and I got older, I just started replacing everything. Extending my life, numbing myself to pain. Plucked out my tongue, my eyes... my soul. I didn't want to end up like Mirdath." Sticks places a hand on the black box meaningfully. "I'm far older than I should be, Alice. All thanks to Mirdath, and ultimately, that whole tale."

His tale finished, Sticks walks around the table and sits heavily. He looks like he could sit there well into the next age. Then, almost as if nothing had happened, he cracks a smile at Alice. "So the moral of the story, Miss Q, is this: Do not get used to that arm. The tall fellow holds up his slightly rusted arm, rattling it around for emphasis. "Listen well. You don't want this. Immortality, painless life... it takes a hold of you. It only takes one near-death experience, one terrible accident, as I should very well know. Eventually you'll do anything to cheat death."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-02 at 04:29 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #672
    Orc in the Playground

The Cornucopia

Alice smiles at the description of Mirdath, stroking Bolt's head gently as she listens. Her smile slowly fades as the story goes on, to be replaced by a look of shock as Sticks describes how Kalashi killed his daughter. She remains motionless as he finishes his story, transfixed by the horror of it. Her body stiffens, and she takes a step back at his vehement warnings. It's all so dreadful. And wait- That box had his soul in it? He had removed his own soul?

Alice moves over to a chair and sits down, shaking slightly. For a while she doesn't say anything, just stares into space, shivering. When she speaks, she makes an effort to keep her voice level.
    "I'm s-so sorry." She looks down at her arm, moving it's fingers slowly. "I wont get used to this. I wont be able to think about it without th-thinking about Mirdath. I can't imagine...I'm s-sorry..." Her voice trails off, and she lets her arm dangle limply by her side.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-05-02 at 05:53 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #673

The Cornucopia

"Oh, don't be sorry," There's a reason Sticks was purposefully dramatic, even if the story genuinely bothers him. Alice isn't meant to forget. "I'm just glad you understand what I mean. It's all in the past," Sticks stands again, and moves around the table to take hold of Alice's mechanical hand. If she permits it, of course. He smiles warmly and says, "Don't be upset, Miss Q. Mirdath... I know she's in a better place."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-03 at 12:52 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

[Beach]

Well, Dorota's hands don't wander too much. She manages to keep a little bit of a clear head so she won't go too far in the open.
    Who would have thought poor little me would have such an effect on somebody? she asks playfully instead.
    Crissy's don't either, but they do enough to make her blush!
    And squeak a little.

"Like, who indeed, but I'm glad you do," Crissy whispers, leaning up to kiss Dorota's cheek.

Defelent's House

After taking the bowl, Tracy will go to the kitchen and wash up all the bowls, spoons and any other implements used in the meal.
    Naethalee decides to sit on the counter and watch!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

Dorota's cheek is kissed and she nuzzles it against Crissy's face.
    I guess it's only fair given how you completely swept me off my feet...

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

[Beach]

"Really? I thought you were the one sweeping me," Crissy declares with a giggle.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

I guess both of us completely charmed one another... Dorota says, brushing Crissy's hair. But then, who wouldn't be charmed by you?

18. - Top - End - #678
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

Tracy's rather quick at washing up, and doesn't use too much water or soup. She also shows no signs of discomfort about putting her hands in the water- her cat-like features don't extend that far, it seems. Tracy works quietly, and doesn't seem to know Naethalee is there- at least, she doesn't react to being watched (unless Naethalee is sitting on the counter next to the sink rather than opposite it & so behind Tracy, in which case Tracy gives a slight smile).

The counter likely isn't very comfortable- there's a row of wall-mounted cupboards above it so there's not much room to lean back on.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    The Cornucopia

"Oh, don't be sorry," There's a reason Sticks was purposefully dramatic, even if the story genuinely bothers him. Alice isn't meant to forget. "I'm just glad you understand what I mean. It's all in the past," Sticks stands again, and moves around the table to take hold of Alice's mechanical hand. If she permits it, of course. He smiles warmly and says, "Don't be upset, Miss Q. Mirdath... I know she's in a better place."

Alice takes Stick's hand, forcing a smile. She seems somewhat puzzled by his last statement, raising her eyebrows slightly, but doesn't mention it. "Yes...I'm sure you're right. Thank you for telling me your story. I wont ever forget it." She shakes her head solemnly, still subdued by the tale.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

[Beach]

I guess both of us completely charmed one another... Dorota says, brushing Crissy's hair. But then, who wouldn't be charmed by you?
    "Awww, you're just too sweet..." Crissy whispers, snuggling closer and sighing happily, closing her eyes as her hair gets brushed.

Defelent's House

Tracy's rather quick at washing up, and doesn't use too much water or soup. She also shows no signs of discomfort about putting her hands in the water- her cat-like features don't extend that far, it seems. Tracy works quietly, and doesn't seem to know Naethalee is there- at least, she doesn't react to being watched (unless Naethalee is sitting on the counter next to the sink rather than opposite it & so behind Tracy, in which case Tracy gives a slight smile).

The counter likely isn't very comfortable- there's a row of wall-mounted cupboards above it so there's not much room to lean back on.
    Naethalee will be sitting close, but not too close, to Tracy and the sink, and will smile back. She's used to none-too-comfortable, too.
    "You know, I was thinking perhaps this home needs a bit more of a feminine touch..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

You bring out the best in me, love, Dorota murmurs, resting her head against Crissy's. I think you did even before we got together.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

That causes Tracy to look up, and give quite a large smile. "That would be nice. Though Defelent's a rather inveterate bachelor, so he's unlikely to ask anybody to marry him, or move in for that matter. So I think you'd have to ask him if you wish to stay." Tracy hopes 'marriage', but suspects 'move in'. So she's not being too precise in case she gets it wrong.

23. - Top - End - #683

The Cornucopia

Sticks frees her hand a moment later, cocking his head to one side ever so slightly. Perhaps he poured it on a bit too thick with that story. Ah well, he did say it was terrible.

"Ah, well, on to business then..." He says with an awkward little cough, trying to change the subject. "About the terms of your employment... Uhm. Do you have questions? My deals are complicated."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

The Cornucopia

Miss Q gets swiftly to her feet, putting the sad tale behind her. There was time for thinking about it later. She smiles a bit at Stick's query.
    "Of course I have questions. Many, many questions. I don't know any details about your work, after all." She thinks for a second. "Perhaps it would be best if I were to observe one of your deals and see for myself. That might work better than making you explain everything, since I have no reference point for this." Alice steps back slightly, not sure if this is a good idea or not.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Kate's apartment

There's a knock on the door. It's a little faint, but it's there.
    *knock knock*
    Kate opens the door a crack and peeks out. Can't be too careful... even though most of the recent knocks on her door has been pleasant surprises as opposed to nasty ones. Most of the nasty surprises don't bother to knock.

If she can't see anything at first, she will open the door a little bit more and look around carefully.

"Hello?"

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate's apartment

She might miss it the first go around. Even the second. Kate will have to look down to see this visitor.

"Hi."

Why... it's a mechanical kitty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's apartment

"Oh!"

Kate opens the door, smiling. "Come on in! How are you feeling? Did you meet your original?"

"Kate, who is it?"

"Oh, Sophie, it's the mechanical cat... didn't I tell you about that? With Hannah?"

"Oh... yeah, I think so."

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sidera House]
    A car is driven up by a standard aid drone; from one door of the vehicle exits a girl with cephalopod tentacles.
    She is quiet as more drones unload luggage from the trunk, looking at the ground as she opens the other door to let out the other person.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

29. - Top - End - #689
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sidera House
    The other girl, Ariel Zodiac(link in my sig) exits the car as well when her door is opened for her.
    She doesn't look her in the face. It was still a bit...soon for her to do that.
    "...here we are..." she said a bit sheepishly, not knowing where to go from there.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sidera House]
    Ancha will open the house's door for her to let her inside.

She glances at her bride. They're related, though not very closely---fourth cousins several times removed or something.
    The wedding was nice, somewhat quick; she barely knew this girl, having met her a few times when they were very young and not having seen her again until, well, this morning.
    Ancha's eyes pass over Ariel's lips, remembering the standard ceremonial kiss. It had been a quick, dry, chaste little thing for the cameras.
    Ancha really hoped her parents had stocked the liquor up here...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show