New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Agone, Heart of Darkness-The Fight Ends

"Good hit for such a corrupt being. Let's see how you fare against this!" He was certain of his victory, secured by his allies. Flames leapt to and fro scorching the hideous place. His blade slashes at the god cutting deep into its face.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 2 PAP 3 = AP 0 PAP 2 + AP 2 PAP 1(rollover)

(2d6+13)[24]

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gauron barely managed to retreat his head into his body before the blade hit. This last hit, combined with all the other punishment his predatory body suffered was to much and it burst into pieces. All could see his true form now, or what was left of it. A pathetic wormlike creature with several pairs of thin, broken limbs that was bleeding from multiple wounds. It had curled up in fetal position and let out a scared screech as its protective exterior was ripped apart.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just for the fun of it: (2d6+2)[8].
    Also I'm kind of annoyed that Alorn could give CM aid without acting on it in any way. It's not like you needed it to win anyway...
    Thanks to zimmerwald1915 for giving me the random on-the-fly pic he made as an Avatar. You're awsome zimmerwald1915!

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

"My apologies godling... as you can understand, the Darkness is required everywhere as of late. Not that I'm complaining of course... business is booming, but I can barley catch my breath before my skills are needed again. Now then... where were we?"
    "No apologies necessary uncle, I understand that you have business to conduct. We were just discussing a creation I had proposed that is a colony of tiny organisms, mimics shadows and can strip the flesh from anything in under a second. I wanted to get your permission because of the Shadow part."
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

The god of Shadows considers the Lonely Angel's proposition for a few moments before answering "I suppose that I can endorse your plan... on two conditions of course. The first one being that I waiver any responsibility for any damage or complaints that may arise due to these creatures... and the second one is my payment. Just as you use the elements of my domain, a day will come when I may request to use an element of your domain in return."

Using one of its tendril it produces a contract which explains the terms Nysv had just stated "If you find my terms acceptable... sign here."

Spoiler
    Show

No... I am not writing up a whole new contract this time. Its time consuming and its late. Just assume that the terms are the same with what Nysv just described above, and the usual lines about being paid on time.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

"I agree to these terms, and look forward to the day when I can repay my debt." With that, the angel plucks a feather from her own wing and signs the contract. She then turned and took an infintesimal amount of the void, blew life into it and released a new horror onto the world.

Spoiler
    Show

Domains: Time, Endings
    Create the Vashta Nerada: On their own, outside of the darkness, a Vashta Nerada swarm looks like a shadow cast by nothing. They mimic the shadows of their prey to get close, which means staying in the light is the only option to escape. If something has an extra shadow, it's already too late.
    6 AP
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

"Excellent! The pact has been sealed!"
    Says Nysv as it hands the Lonely Angel her copy of the contract. "I also look forward to the day when your debt is repaid. Now then... is there anything else you may require of me?"

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

"No uncle, thank you for your assistance."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did pay the 2 AP each round. I spent a domain and AP before rollover and a domain and AP after rollover.

Artoran smiles. A real fight. "Let's see who is the stronger," he says, rushing the Moon god, arms crossed at the forearm to attempt to deflect any arrows fired his way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    was just a general message to everyone.

Voimond will vanish in a flash of moonlight and reappear behind the other god. "Do try to recall that we are not attempting to kill each other, merely gauge who is the greater fighter."

(2d6+2)[9].5
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    was just a general message to everyone.

Voimond will vanish in a flash of moonlight and reappear behind the other god. "Do try to recall that we are not attempting to kill each other, merely gauge who is the greater fighter."

(2d6+2)[9].5
    Score: 1-0
    Artoran senses the movement of his foe and cuts back hard, taking Voimond down in a tackle. The tremors of two gods slamming to the ground forces peaks out of the world, creating new mountains.

Rearing back a fist, sending a blow at Voimond's face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using free Mold Land to create The Spine, a massive mountain range on the top half of the world.

Round 2!
    (2d6+2)[9]+.5=9.5
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-04-06 at 11:34 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond - Divine Duel

Voimond takes the blow to the face and launches an arrow at point blank range, sending another stream of starlight into his foe's face. While the sparkles are fading, Voimond once again vanishes only to reappear an instant later some ways away.

"You did learn from your beating last time. Cute." The cute was punctuated by another starry arrow.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    forgot to roll

(2d6+2)[8].5

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran- Fight Club
    Artoran brings his arm up to block the arrow just in time, sending it glancing off the Bloodplate harmlessly. As Voimond runs once again Artoran runs at him, slamming a fist into him. The blow levels the Moon god and causes a mountain in the Spine to shoot to even greater heights.

Artoran strides over, cracking his knuckles. "Well then, I guess that is settled," he says with a chuckle. "Here, get up," he says, extending a hand, pulling up Voimond. "Now, if I am correct, you owe me something. I have a... project planned. You will help me with and we'll call it even, alright?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cinnamon is the winnamon!
    Alirght, make one mountain in the Spine much bigger as the free Mold Land. Let's call it the Shard.
    Divine Injury: Voimond will help me with my project.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Q'telun View Post
    "No uncle, thank you for your assistance."

"No. Thank you for your business." As it retreats into the Spire of Blood Contracts. There within the vault, Nysv places all the contracts that had recently been signed. Work was booming indeed.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna, the Void
    Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    Yiasial, Gone
    Spoiler
    Show
    The small army of gods seemed to dissipate rapidly as its leaders temporarily called off their apparent vendetta. She supposed she ought to be satisfied at this outcome, but she was not. There was a near-zero probability that this would not repeat. She had somehow become a catalyst for conflict, in direct opposition to her purpose. The armored goddess saw one remaining solution.

She rose to her feet, indigo mail clanking softly with the motion. The visor turns to her ally.

"Watcher of Birth, I must ask a favor. I need leave this world. I cannot fulfill my function so close to it. From the furthest rings of creation, I can observe, unable to act or be acted upon. Nothing more than an essence, if that. Perhaps I shall be punished for my failure. In any case, I will be unable to act here. I must request that you continue to uphold our alliance - some must still act to hold this world together, even if I am not among them."

"You are not this world's most stable guardian, but you are perhaps its fiercest. One day soon, a threat to all your children shall emerge. I know not what form it will take, but consider this a final warning - when it arrives, you must oppose it. Fail, and all your daughters, and their daughters, and theirs forevermore shall be broken and shattered beyond all hope. One does not reason with the collapse of the universe."

"I leave what tools I can. Fare thee well in their use, my ally. We shall not meet again. And... if you have the time, please look after Inale for me."

Mailed hands wrapped briefly around the edges of a deep purple helm. They lifted. And the suit of armor collapsed to the ground, empty as if it had never been worn.

The goddess was never heard from again, true to her word. But sometimes, upon the world below, some mortal seeking purpose might find themselves guided strangely, brought to places where the world was weak and needed strength. Never common, and with nothing shared but their singular purpose, they wandered the lands in the name of their Quest.

And perhaps, far beyond the furthest stars, a single mote of shadow fled outward.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:
    2 - 1 (Create Concept - Cosmic Upkeep) Good!Domain Use
    1 - 1 (Create Organization - The Wanderers) Cosmos!Domain Use
    = 0

PAP:
    1 - 1 (Create Concept - Cosmic Upkeep)
    = 0

Some mortals have a knack for finding what's wrong with the universe. They're closer to it than gods - on the ground level, where problems show up as more than a funny scent in the atmosphere. Guides have an uncanny sight, able to tap slightly into the vision of the oculus. Mechanically, they're focused casters in the vein of Beguilers or Warmages, but with a focus on the Divination and Abjuration schools. Wardens, in contract, hunt and destroy Things That Should Not Be, rather than merely warn others of their presence. They're known for their restless ways and strict moral code - despite having no formal organization, only the most upstanding individuals are ever called to become Wardens. Mechanically, wardens are just re-fluffed Knights with a grudge against cosmic threats.

Wanderers are strange individuals who use what seems to be divine power, but lack a patron god. They are few in number, but tend to recognize one another and form small bands, often with Wardens and Guides. Their precise origins vary, but all share an almost compulsive drive in their duties. Mechanically, they're an alignment-flipped Ur Priest.

All three of these classes are globally available, and will probably have at least a few representatives in any race with Good aligned characters. They tend to be a little distant from their respective societies, but anyone who wishes to use them is free to do so.

Further,

YIASIAL IS NO LONGER AN ACTIVE GOD

She effectively no longer exists, has no AP, gains no AP, cannot be targeted, etc. The same is true of Inale.

Her artifacts go to the Cosmic Conclave, and Adminship of the Conclave goes to Akna. While Akna technically now owns the set of artifacts, I would kindly request that she share with other members when they need to use them.

For convenience's sake, here is the full list of artifacts Yiasial is dumping on her:

The Oculus (Utility Artifact, discounts the creation of a combat art 1/week)
    The Vessel (Armor, Combat Artifact)
    The Reduction Scepter (Black Hole on a Stick, Combat Artifact)
    The Lens of Doom and Loss (Scrys Enemy Weakness, Combat Artifact)
    The Lens of Smoke and Lies (Pierces Enemy Deception, Combat Artifact)
    The Lens of Writ and Measure (Analyzes Enemy Abilities, Combat Artifact)
    Null Profusion (Smothers divine power, Combat Artifact)
    The Radiant (Laser Lance, Combat Artifact)
    Grace of Aeons (Ability to revert self to a recent state in time, Combat Artifact)

Total of Eight (8) Combat Artifacts, and One (1) Utility artifact. As mentioned, these are now in Akna's possession to use as she sees fit, I have no true authority over them. I really would appreciate if they were used for the good of the team though.

Thank you for reading. I should be back with a more interesting deity soon.

EDIT due to request that the Oculus be destroyed rather than passed on. Consider it gone.
    I will do my best, my sister.
    Silent tears roll down her three faces as Akna tries to be strong through Yiasial's final words but weeps bitterly alone for a long time after she is gone.

City of Yatel, a servant girl's message
    "Very well." The servant will walk off and wait until the delegation leaves.
    After the Lunaeri delegation departs from the Queen Mother's court, the girl is informed that she has been granted a brief audience.

2Woods Onari, in the woods
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    They do indeed return to the ground, chittering sullenly about the necessity, though their displeasure doesn't go so far that they're foolish enough to take longer than they have to about it.

"Our last experience with such things left three members of a pack with broken minds before they died, and killed the rest, save for one Shaper,"
    Vsal explains, frowning a bit, and unconsciously flexing her claws. "Forgive us for being wary of your road."
    The road was built for a reason. Please use it in the future. We can't be held liable for accidents and injuries that might occur if you wander into areas that are unsafe for you.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

[Woods of the Similarly Named Onari]

"We will, now that we know it won't lead us into a volcano, or an ambush. Or even simply trap us on it in a loop. Now, if you don't mind, since we've established our intent and agreed to enter by the approved method next time, can we get to either being sent off or taken to where we're going?"

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- Nursing His Wounds

Though the newer deity of this foul, earthen corruption had been soundly defeated, the scars he left upon Nature were still present. Sephyrdiam sent message to his Czar through an Elder Spirit, that they should relocate to higher levels of the earth. With the strength of the mountain and the forests as their hunting grounds, they would build their homes on foundations of stone, stronger than the many trees which fell upon their heads. Because of the improved safety their lives too would become safer, as safe as one could be from a God.

Sephyrdiam sat and contemplated upon existence, specifically his and the role his creation had bound him to. He was to protect nature and keep hold a balance between the many forces at work, as much as a balance could be made. Long he thought and long he sat, feeling all the wiser as he took upon himself a more aged form. After a good long while, his emerald eyes opened, and tears streamed down like rivers upon the face of mountains.

"What a fool I was... what a food I had been..."

For it was in those moments that Sephyrdiam had realized his divine irony, the very crux of the sorrow of realization which came to him now. He had been trying to balance Nature all this time, when in fact it was balanced to begin with. Seasons would be an unnecessary cycle amongst many, and soon came to understand that the many cycles of the world, mainly those held sway under life and death had already kept Nature's balance in check. All this time he had stared off into the stars of a future he could not see was already present...

Wiping his elderly tears from his face, Sephyrdiam thought once again about the actions of the Gods as of recent, the vast hordes of Deific strength off to see the self-judgement of Yiasial as her Spark faded into the reaches of nothingness. It was painful to think, all the more to understand that though he was not necessarily directly involved, his mere passive presence in simply viewing the events of Voimond and Nysv's confrontation to the former Goddess would ultimately lead to her self destruction. The pain would not leave him, and he could not simply apologize to her since she was now nonexistent. He did feel like he owed it to someone for an apology...

...Sephyrdiam looked towards a weeping Akna, and slowly approached in plain sight.

"Akna, Mother Goddess... I am... ashamed at myself that I must admit this, but I feel I must. I, as many of the Gods who arrive amidst Yia- ...amidst your former friend have done, feel to be responsible for what has happened. I know that what we all did is... unacceptable, but I must ask for your forgiveness."

Sephyrdiam bows his head low.

"I know I do not deserve such hospitality, but... it is all I can do."
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Artoran- Fight Club
    Artoran brings his arm up to block the arrow just in time, sending it glancing off the Bloodplate harmlessly. As Voimond runs once again Artoran runs at him, slamming a fist into him. The blow levels the Moon god and causes a mountain in the Spine to shoot to even greater heights.

Artoran strides over, cracking his knuckles. "Well then, I guess that is settled," he says with a chuckle. "Here, get up," he says, extending a hand, pulling up Voimond. "Now, if I am correct, you owe me something. I have a... project planned. You will help me with and we'll call it even, alright?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cinnamon is the winnamon!
    Alirght, make one mountain in the Spine much bigger as the free Mold Land. Let's call it the Shard.
    Divine Injury: Voimond will help me with my project.
    Voimond - Taking His Lumps

"Next time, I will spend less time talking and more time fighting. Aye, I will aid you in your project."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Akna, the Void

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]City of Yatel, a servant girl's messageAfter the Lunaeri delegation departs from the Queen Mother's court, the girl is informed that she has been granted a brief audience.
    The maid enters and says, "Thank you, Queen Mother, for seeing me on such short notice. I have come to you on behalf of a people that would like to apologize for a wrong they have done to you."

18. - Top - End - #858

Agone, Heart of Darkness-Victory

He tilts back his head announcing his victory in a triumphant roar. Pushing out the dirt until it condenses into stone forming a large underground cavern. "Perhaps now you will learn to play nice with others, but still there is this ground which is a corruption of myself. Perhaps I can purify it." He walks away sword in hand, stopping and turning around to leave one last sentiment. "Remember this day, lest it repeat its." Then he is gone.

Spoiler
    Show

Free Mold Land Action: Create the Great Cavern (under the Spine)
    AP: 1 PAP: 3= AP 2 PAP 3 - 1 AP(Make Earth Contested Domain, Divine Injury)

Alright no more RP lock for Gauron. may do an Injury to Voimond once my question in OOC is answered.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beat and broken for no sound reason and with no one seeming to care about him anymore, Gauron slowly crawled away with cold hatred gliming in his eyes.
    He will pay. They all will.
    But first the worm had to regain his strength and to learn. Yes, to learn more about this hostile universe he was born into, its violent gods and how he would make them suffer.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 4 = 2 + 2 (rollover)
    Feel free to leave me. Or to interrupt me. Or anything. But if several of the gods that hurt Gauron stay expect him to be as diplomatic and helpful as a cat that has been kicked a few times to many would when locked into a small room.
    Last edited by Zethex; 2012-04-07 at 06:47 PM.
    Thanks to zimmerwald1915 for giving me the random on-the-fly pic he made as an Avatar. You're awsome zimmerwald1915!

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    um, Zethex, rollover was on Thursday. You missed it.

Voimond - Introduction

Voimond leaves the other gods and seeks after this new god.

"Excuse me, young one, but would you be so kind as to tell me your name?"

21. - Top - End - #861
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I know. I just never actually did the book-keeping. Does that mean I have to stay with 2 AP because I didn't mention my AP change when it happened?

Gauron stopped in his tracks and turned his head but immediately lowered his gaze. The brightness was too much to bear for him in this state.
    This is the one who attacked my punishers.
    "My name..? Gauron" the worm uttered in a painful whisper.
    That was pathetic. But one day it will cause the terror it deserves.
    Last edited by Zethex; 2012-04-07 at 07:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

The angel turned and left the spire, winging her way across the void and around the moon. She sees two gods, one seems rather beaten up, and decides to land. "Hello Voimond, and hello Gauron. You seem rather worse for the wear."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

23. - Top - End - #863

Tharin, the Void

The small god remained motionless for some time after the majority of the gods that had gathered at the Oculus dispersed. He had come across another god who had intentions similar to his own, and then they had destroyed themselves. It did not make him feel good, so it was a while before he noticed the twitching body nearby.

Taken together, especially with the fact that she'd been completely open, and in fact trying hard to sense such things, at the time it hit, it was hardly surprising that Kansheri was, for the moment, reduced to a slightly twitching body, her mind having retreated from the sudden onslaught, and not planning to come back out until it was sure it was safe.
    Tharin moved to the side of Kansheri, giving the other god a slight prod.

"Are you okay? I mean, uhm. Well. You don't look okay, but it seems appropriate to ask... I'm not good at this. Are you listening, at least?" Tharin frowned, uncertainty in his voice.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zethex View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know. I just never actually did the book-keeping. Does that mean I have to stay with 2 AP because I didn't mention my AP change when it happened?

Gauron stopped in his tracks and turned his head but immediately lowered his gaze. The brightness was too much to bear for him in this state.
    This is the one who attacked my punishers.
    "My name..? Gauron" the worm uttered in a painful whisper.
    That was pathetic. But one day it will cause the terror it deserves.
    Voimond - Name Dropping

"I am Voimond. I would apologize for the aggressions of my fellow gods, but that assumes I and they are beholden to each other. Still, it is useful to have allies among the gods. May I call you such a one?"

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Tharin, the Void

The small god remained motionless for some time after the majority of the gods that had gathered at the Oculus dispersed. He had come across another god who had intentions similar to his own, and then they had destroyed themselves. It did not make him feel good, so it was a while before he noticed the twitching body nearby.

Tharin moved to the side of Kansheri, giving the other god a slight prod.

"Are you okay? I mean, uhm. Well. You don't look okay, but it seems appropriate to ask... I'm not good at this. Are you listening, at least?" Tharin frowned, uncertainty in his voice.
    The Evershifting shudders violently at the prodding, slowly opening her eyes, and looking sleepily at Tharin.

"I'll be alright... Just got hit with a change-storm when that new god appeared. Thanks for pulling me out, though; my mind might have taken a lot longer to pop back otherwise, but since you're a god of peace, it decided it was safe to do so."

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

[Woods of the Similarly Named Onari]

"We will, now that we know it won't lead us into a volcano, or an ambush. Or even simply trap us on it in a loop. Now, if you don't mind, since we've established our intent and agreed to enter by the approved method next time, can we get to either being sent off or taken to where we're going?"
    Answer the last question I posed to you, and you will be on your way. Why do some of you take our form when you are clearly not our sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sephyrdiam- Nursing His Wounds
    Spoiler
    Show

Though the newer deity of this foul, earthen corruption had been soundly defeated, the scars he left upon Nature were still present. Sephyrdiam sent message to his Czar through an Elder Spirit, that they should relocate to higher levels of the earth. With the strength of the mountain and the forests as their hunting grounds, they would build their homes on foundations of stone, stronger than the many trees which fell upon their heads. Because of the improved safety their lives too would become safer, as safe as one could be from a God.

Sephyrdiam sat and contemplated upon existence, specifically his and the role his creation had bound him to. He was to protect nature and keep hold a balance between the many forces at work, as much as a balance could be made. Long he thought and long he sat, feeling all the wiser as he took upon himself a more aged form. After a good long while, his emerald eyes opened, and tears streamed down like rivers upon the face of mountains.

"What a fool I was... what a food I had been..."

For it was in those moments that Sephyrdiam had realized his divine irony, the very crux of the sorrow of realization which came to him now. He had been trying to balance Nature all this time, when in fact it was balanced to begin with. Seasons would be an unnecessary cycle amongst many, and soon came to understand that the many cycles of the world, mainly those held sway under life and death had already kept Nature's balance in check. All this time he had stared off into the stars of a future he could not see was already present...

Wiping his elderly tears from his face, Sephyrdiam thought once again about the actions of the Gods as of recent, the vast hordes of Deific strength off to see the self-judgement of Yiasial as her Spark faded into the reaches of nothingness. It was painful to think, all the more to understand that though he was not necessarily directly involved, his mere passive presence in simply viewing the events of Voimond and Nysv's confrontation to the former Goddess would ultimately lead to her self destruction. The pain would not leave him, and he could not simply apologize to her since she was now nonexistent. He did feel like he owed it to someone for an apology...

...Sephyrdiam looked towards a weeping Akna, and slowly approached in plain sight.

"Akna, Mother Goddess... I am... ashamed at myself that I must admit this, but I feel I must. I, as many of the Gods who arrive amidst Yia- ...amidst your former friend have done, feel to be responsible for what has happened. I know that what we all did is... unacceptable, but I must ask for your forgiveness."

Sephyrdiam bows his head low.

"I know I do not deserve such hospitality, but... it is all I can do."
    He finds Akna sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest, her faces buried against them, and her many arms wrapped around herself so that little can be seen but her arms and hair.

Stupid... stupid... so stupid.

The maid enters and says, "Thank you, Queen Mother, for seeing me on such short notice. I have come to you on behalf of a people that would like to apologize for a wrong they have done to you."
    The queen raises an eyebrow at this statement.

And what people is this and how have they wronged us?
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-04-08 at 06:50 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

Answer the last question I posed to you, and you will be on your way. Why do some of you take our form when you are clearly not our sisters?

"People are more likely to respond well to something that looks at least vaguely like them than they are something like the Hunters. As for why Onari instead of one of the other humanoids, it's partly because we were made specifically to deal with you, and thus we were created to bear as close a resemblance as we could, and partly because the Mistformed is one of Akna's daughters, and was therefor more familiar with your form than those created by other deities."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-08 at 07:17 AM.

28. - Top - End - #868

The Evershifting shudders violently at the prodding, slowly opening her eyes, and looking sleepily at Tharin.

"I'll be alright... Just got hit with a change-storm when that new god appeared. Thanks for pulling me out, though; my mind might have taken a lot longer to pop back otherwise, but since you're a god of peace, it decided it was safe to do so."
    Tharin smiles slightly, holding a hand out to help the other god to their feet.

"That makes sense, at least. Though if that happens to you every time a new god appears? That can't be all that pleasant... And this role needs to have some advantages, being a god of peace is not helpful for those planning to keep their sanity. You said before that your mother was an ally of her's?"
    He points towards the Oculus with a sigh.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

The queen raises an eyebrow at this statement.

And what people is this and how have they wronged us?
    High Onari Court - First Contact: Kinda

The servant shifts before the queen's very eyes into a male igni, a female majestic kobold, and then into a bear. If the queen mother is good at identifying bear genders, this is a female bear.

"My people, great mother, for the wrong of spying upon you." The bear genuflects.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

He finds Akna sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest, her faces buried against them, and her many arms wrapped around herself so that little can be seen but her arms and hair.

Stupid... stupid... so stupid.

Sephyrdiam, though hesitant at first, walks over and approaches the Goddess, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Mother Goddess... ...yes, it was stupid."

Not knowing what to say, and rather new to the business of consolation, Sephyrdiam at the very least stayed by her side as she grieved, in what attempt the God could to relieve her pain.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.