New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Alorn, the Citadel

The platinum knight broods on his shining throne. I have spent my power collecting these races, abandoned by their creators, drained my essence to guide them, defend them. This was not my purpose. Crono, my lost brother, you were to defend them. Heimvard, my friend, it was you who built cities and fortresses. I was to fight, to win glory and honor and inspire your creations to do the same, to lead them into battle, not shepard them in peace. Yet you have left me to do your work, neglecting mine.

Yet I cannot turn from them as you have. My oath is inviolate, my covenant unbreakable. Though you pass from the world I will do my duty to you, until there is nothing left.

But yet I long for the fray. The last skirmish has only made it worse. Perhaps...perhaps that sanguine fool may know more than I thought. Maybe I can yet relieve the burden, a momentary distraction from leading the people I did not make.

His voice calls across the planes. "Artoran, I would speak with you. A challenge, combat, not for redress, not for justice, but solely to take each others measure, the only prize the victory itself. What say you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe we are allowed to run divine combat without spending AP if there are no consequences, RP only. I propose a fight, no artifacts, no miscellaneous bonuses, no allies, just for fun. Seems in character too.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think you still have to spend AP.

Artoran hears the challenge and rushes to answer it, leaving Nysv hanging.
    "A fight? Smashing and bashing? No weapons? What fun!" Artoran cries, shrugging off the Bloodplate.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

Nysv is left hanging. Within its cloak, the mask turns anti-clockwise "Did he just... appear... just to leave again? Godlings these days..." turning once again to Voimond it says "However he did remind me of another debt... your debt Sibling... and its high time I collect. If you will excuse me... I have much work to do." with that, the god of Shadows melts into the darkness.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Test of Strength: Round 1, the Citadel

Alorn leads Atoran outside the main fortress into an open field. At his will, a platform rises from the ground, elevating them from the surround. "Know, here we can test our strength without damaging anything. On this platform we will be equally matched, you will suffer no hindrance on this plane, I no benefit."

He sets his sword and shield down on air. They drift back to his throne. "Are we agreed to the terms? Then let us begin."

Without further ado, the shining figure dashes forward, fist striking out.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP-less, consequence-less combat, no bonuses beyond levels, round 1

(2d6+2)[9] the +2 is from warrior lvl 6

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Party Time- The Citadel
    Artoran gives a gearty laugh as the fight begins. He attempts to catch the fist and throw the War God.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+2)[9]
    +2 Warrior

Show

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Test of Strength: Round 2, the Citadel (0-0)

Atoran catches Alorn's blow, fist in hand. The two mighty being struggle and push, each seeking the decisive advantage.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+2)[9]

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Contest of Smashings and Bashings
    Artoran continues to grapple, but slams his head forward, seeking to use a headbutt to gain the advantage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+2)[11]
    Yeah! Winning!
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-04-11 at 03:30 PM.

Show

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Test of Strength: Round 3, the Citadel (0-1)

Alorn reels from the impact, but quickly recovers, seeking to sweep his foes feet out from under him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[6]

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You forgot your +2, you got an 8.

Artoran attempts to stop the leg sweep with one of his own and headbutt Alorn once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+2)[12]
    Winning.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-04-11 at 03:51 PM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn crashes down, the impact ringing across the plane. He holds up a hand. "I yield."

Standing, the platform returns to the ground and the planar energies return to normal. "Well fought. Today you wear the crown of victory. We have both learned, I think. Our next meeting match may go differently, but today we can part in peace. I give the honor due the champion." He bows gratuitously.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

"Is that so? Just what was all that fight about anyway? With the bidding war going on, I never really given the details. Not that it matters to me. A job is a job. I'm just curious as to what would make you stick your neck out like that for someone else."
    Voimond - Explanations

"Some new godling was born in the husk of that dead do-nothing dirt god, and this birth shook up some of the mortals below. This got several gods' undergarments in a twist, and they took it out on the new godling for the crime of being born energetically. One of them also thought that us being on good terms with each other and another being kin meant they could make me aid them for free. I may not be the mercenary you are, but I took a minor offense at being so called."

"Besides which, this new godling has potential. I decided that it would be best to play both sides of the field. I do not believe I managed to offend my allies too badly, and the new godling remembers me as the only one who stood up for it. I figured that was a useful investment for the future. Besides, I found it hilarious to bring you in and get one of the ones who thought they could compel me to pay such a steep price for your services. I also got a chance to spar with that violent one and test his power. Next time I won't spend so much time preaching instead of fighting.
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Alorn crashes down, the impact ringing across the plane. He holds up a hand. "I yield."

Standing, the platform returns to the ground and the planar energies return to normal. "Well fought. Today you wear the crown of victory. We have both learned, I think. Our next meeting match may go differently, but today we can part in peace. I give the honor due the champion." He bows gratuitously.
    Artoran claps the noble god on the back. "Damn right you owe me the honor! You're all 'leg sweep, leg sweep!' and I'm just like 'No b*tch!' and bashed you with my head! Twice!" the god of Battle crows. "What I tell ya'? Fighting for fighting's sake is the only way to go!" And with those words of wisdom he dissapears.

He appears for a brief second on the Moon. "I'll be taking that," he says, snatching the box from the Creepy Mask Girl.

Teleporting once again the Lord of Carnage appears at his forge. Contemplating what weapon could fit the shadowy figure of Nysv, he gets to work. He draws upon the powers of the Pyre as well as the future bloodshed Nysv will take part in. He slowly forms the weapon, carefully marking every groove of it. In a few minutes time he has forged a weapon the Shadow could use, would be proud to use.

In his hand sits a dagger, glowing hot. As it slowly fades to a color as dark as the Void, Artoran marvles at his work. Truly this was an elegant weapon. The weapon had no crossguard, just a short hilt wrapped in the leather of some dark creature. A blade only a few inches in length juts out, a smooth, clean, edge following the curve of the dagger. It wasn't much to look at, but Artoran knew its true power. He spun, throwing the knife at an invisible target. As it took to the air the blade split into many shards, each forming a new knife as they sought their target. They flew with unnerring accuracy, each and every one, into a single point on the invisible target, combining back into a single blade on impact. Yes, this was a blade that Nysv could use, one that he could be proud of. The Manyblade, the Splintering Shadows... Well, Artoran would just leave the name up to Nysv, wouldn't he? Placing the knife in the box he also draws out a small bit of his power, placing it there as well.

Once again teleporting, Artoran arrives at the Moon, box in hand. "Half of your payment, as agreed upon. The rest shall be delivered at a later date," Artoran says, tossing the box to the Shadow.

Spoiler
    Show
    0 AP = 2 AP - 1 AP (Gift to Nysv) -1 AP (Create Combat Artifact: The Splintering Shadows (3 AP -1 (Bloodshed Domain) - 1 (The Pyre))

Give one AP to Nysv as well as the Splintering Shadows.

The Splintering Shadows is a seemingly plain looking dagger, although it is dark as the Void. When thrown it splits into multiple copies of itself that all fly unnerringly at a single point where they combine back into the original knife.

Show

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Creepy Masked Girl, the Moon

The little girl catches the box, as she does, its weight seems to drag her down, regardless of whether the box and its contents are heavy or not. "I am witness that you have partially upheld your end of the bargain. As agreed in the terms, the rest will be given on a later date. The Shadow thanks you for your business and the trust that you have placed in its services."

With that, the little girl melts into the shadows, and heads to where Nysv is. She finds the god of Shadows flying around the moon. With one of its tendrils, Nysv seems to be drawing a straight line on the moon which seems to go all around it. Without saying nothing, the little girl opens the box to show its contents to her master.

Using both its tendrils, Nysv collects its payment. It looks at the blade with great curiosity as it gives it a few quick practice swings. "Excellent! Most Excellent! This will make assassinations even more fun." it says as its body opens in a maw-like shape, and swallows both the blade and the essence of power.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    "You didn't seem to be doing too well, so I thought that I'd check on you first. If you are back to normal now, then I will go and see if I can find her. How many siblings do you have?" He asks with curiousity, smiling.

"As normal as our kind gets, yes,"
    the Mistformed agrees, smiling back at him. "As for how many siblings I have, I believe it's two right now; Gazardiel and Angel. Though I'm afraid I haven't met Gazardiel yet... And I'm not sure I want to, actually. He's a god of preservation, and I'm a goddess of change, so I don't really see us getting along too well, even if he didn't mind my making the Lunethi."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Banths are sacred to our people, a gift from The Mother. If you wish diplomatic relations to go well, you will not hunt them.

That said, I will lead you to our city from here.

She sets off into the woods, expecting the Nayleths to follow.
    "Of course. We agreed to that, after all. But you mentioned that they would be hunting us, and we will defend ourselves if we need to," Vsal replies, following, as do the rest of the Nayleth, the Hunters swarming across and leaping between trees as they go, in a manner something like a troupe of monkeys crossed with a group of ants.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-12 at 04:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"As normal as our kind gets, yes,"
    the Mistformed agrees, smiling back at him. "As for how many siblings I have, I believe it's two right now; Gazardiel and Angel. Though I'm afraid I haven't met Gazardiel yet... And I'm not sure I want to, actually. He's a god of preservation, and I'm a goddess of change, so I don't really see us getting along too well, even if he didn't mind my making the Lunethi."
    "I can attest to meeting our opposites not being the wisest decision. I do not like the one of our kind that represents Battle... He is thankfully not a sibling, though - my own family is my father, and he is busy with his own work. I think I shall depart and search for your mother now, though. Be well." Tharin bows to the Evershifting God, before vanishing in a swirling mist.

Tharin, Wandering in the Void

Reminding himself of how Akna appeared when she was at the Oculus earlier, he attempts to send the Goddess a message.
    [Hello? My name is Tharin, and I am a... Friend of one of your daughters, I think? I would like to speak with you, if you have the time.]

16. - Top - End - #916
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wretched mortals. For their sake I was punished, because of them the gods humiliated me.
    Gauron created a shiny metal and infused it into the crust of the world. It was soft and weak, made valuable only through its rarity and apparent beauty. Still the mortals would covet it. They would seek it at the cost of others. They would fight over it and rationalize the reasons to not admit their weakness. Ultimately they would hate their brethren for all kinds of reasons, not noticing how it started.
    And this was only to be the first step in his plan to bring perpetual misery to the surface dwellers.
    Soon they shall know suffering, hatred, despair.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 0 = 0 - 0 (Mold Land: Gold Veins with Earth Domain)
    All Domains used.

Gold is a farely rare metal just as in the real world. The difference is that in this world a mysterious curse is laid on all gold. Whenever someone aquires it he feels better about himself by experiencing subtle amounts of happines, superiority, satisfaction, self worth, pride and similar. These feelings are mostly fake however and quickly fade away, their strength and duration depending both on the amount and the apparent worth of the aquired item(s) and the intricacy in their processing. That means that a goldsmith for instance would get these feelings when he finishes an in his eyes beautiful peace of jewelery even though he didn't get any new gold. Owning gold does not have any additional effect. Only aquiring ownership releases these feelings.
    Additionally one can get addicted to aquiring gold if exposed farely often and like most of these kind of addictions the effect becomes less and less satisfactory the more often one feels it. So someone will feel compelled to get more and more gold or to collect more and more intricate and rare golden items to satisfy his subconcious need and actually feels the opposite sentiments if he gains less gold than he is used to. This addiction can be controlled like other addictions by keeping the "dosage" steady so a trader for instance could get used to normally work with gold if he has a partner in large deals.
    To make things worse, gold has negative mental effects when lost, including anger, hurt pride and despair and people, instead of ascribing these feelings to the nature of the gold itself, will often find something or someone else to blame and may even grow to irrationally hate that thing or person, seeking reparation or vengeance. These effects occur only when the gold is lost against ones will, but there is also a small nagging feeling of making the wrong choice when planning to give it away freely. So loosing the gold to an accident or getting it stolen triggers these negative effects but also having to give it away unwillingly, for instance out of necessity (economic or otherwise), having been pressurized to sacrifice it for some cause or having to give it away because of never actually owning it (despite having grown to covet it). It only counts as given away freely if the person things it is a good thing to do so and does it in good spirit.
    All effects are subtle enough so that you don't notice their actual relation to the act of aquiring gold except if you are already heavily experienced or have done exesive scientific research.

{TL;DR}To recap, the act of aquiring gold is similar to a mild upper drug that boosts self image while loosing it makes you feel angry and longing and drives you to spread blame and hate.
    Last edited by Zethex; 2012-04-12 at 12:29 PM.
    Thanks to zimmerwald1915 for giving me the random on-the-fly pic he made as an Avatar. You're awsome zimmerwald1915!

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn, the Citadel

Even though I lost, it was good to fight. There is no glory without conflict. Now, back to my duty.

Yes, my brothers people...I shall bring them into the fold, to join the vardr and the kobolds. The Judge of Champions has already started the work...

THough the mountains surrounding the temple may not be the most hospitable to them. There, that valley. The water from the well of healing...it shall mingle and flow down, blessing the land.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP = 2 AP - 1(2 guide populous, humans - 1 law domain)
    0 AP = 1 - 1 (shape land, valley of bounty, a green and lush valley, full of farms, growth super-charged by the positive energy leaking from the well of healing)

18. - Top - End - #918
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nalma, Clearwater Marshes

The goddess was busy. She had shied from dealing much with her supposed peers, though she could taste their influence in the earth and water. They were an interference, but one she could handle. Nalma had no desire to... frolic among the stars, or whatever it was gods did in their spare time. She had a chain of evolution to force, after all. She supposed she could have simply made something from scratch, but that would had had all manner of gaps. Better to take something already existent and just... nudge it along.

It hadn't been too hard. The Lem, as they seemed to call themselves, were already an apex predator in the swamps. Quick, strong, adaptable - all they needed was some help pulling themselves beyond the feral haze of tooth and claw. It was working. They would never lose that animal fury, true, and that suited Nalma just fine. But as they drifted together, formed tribes instead of simple packs, they would hone that instinct into something genuinely useful.

Nalma had looked to other species, in her brief time on the world. Not too closely, as she didn't want the attention of the other gods quite yet, but enough to see the fringes and make a few generalizations. Mostly, it occurred to her how soft they were. With a handful of exceptions, they settled down, built cities and towns, and grew fat on the fat of peace and stagnation. She supposed that she could perhaps work with them later, but for the moment they merely gave her something to avoid.

Now, the goddess' avatar took the form of a mote of mist, drifting through the overcast sky, watching a young band of Lem hunters tear into a lumbering amphibian with bone spears and fearsome bites. If mist could smile, she would have. Things were off to a very good start.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:
    5 - 1 (Create Race : Lem) Strength!Domain Use
    4 - 2 (Create Concept : Feralism [Barbarian and Scout classes]) Perfection!Domain Use
    2 = Final

Strength Domain: Exhausted
    Perfection Domain: Exhausted

The Lem are humanoid, amphibious creatures present throughout much of the Clearwater Marshes. They are extremely aggressive, and the killing and consumption of other Lem is quite common, but they tend to temper this with a very strong pack mentality and sense of community. While quite primitive, they revere strength and skill, and tribes are usually led by an individual skilled in both battle and in the guidance of a tribe: segregation between physical and mental or spiritual tasks is quite rare.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

19. - Top - End - #919
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Citadel: Gazardiel

The angel god's first creation in the forge is a fairly basic shield. It is white with silver detailing and in the center it depicts a golden apple, designating its creator and owner. The Guardian's Shield - named for Gazardiel's desire to preserve that which he presides over.

Though he was not aware of their creator yet, Gazardiel is inspired by the creation of the gold metal substance that can now be found within the crust of the mortal plane. Despite its dangerous qualities, he treasures the metal for its beauty. Knowing his children would appreciate its qualities as well, he carves out vast caverns within the mountains of the Lunar Vale where large amounts of the substance can be found. Then, using divine intervention, he directs a clan of the underground kobolds in the direction of the caverns. Stumbling across the caves, they are filled with awe and lust by the beauty of the metal and begin to extract it with their digging expertise.

The Golden Caverns: The Underground Kobolds

"Pfffftt! These yellow rocks sure are nice to look at, but they don't make very good lick rocks..." says one of the kobolds. He sits in one of the caverns beside another kobold, their voices echoing off the walls as they speak. Here and there gold veins can be seen in the walls.

"Stupid! They're not for licking - they're for the Kaj! You're going to get us whipped if you keep that sort of thing up. How many times have they told us that all the yellow rocks are to be given to the overseers," exclaims the second kobold.

"It's just not fair..." ponders the first. "They don't even taste good, but they're so nice to look at... I'd really like to keep just a small chunk of it."

The second kobold looks at his companion sadly. "I know. They take all the good lick rocks too, but there's-" He stops before finishing his sentence. Slamming and clanging sounds can be heard accompanied by shrieks not far away in the caverns. Curious, the pair of kobolds carefully follow the sounds through the tunnel system their clan had created within the caverns. Emerging in one of the largest caves, the bodies of dead kobolds can be seen littered throughout. A few are huddled into the center, surrounded by armed humanoids with silvery hair. Immediately, the two kobolds throw their hands up to show that they are unarmed, the first dropping his yellow rock.

Tamriel: High King Maedro's Court

"My lord, our trainers have reported that they're making great strides with the domestication of the gryphons."

"Thank you Marcius. Lelanto, bring in the prisoners," says the king, sitting on his throne before a gathering of Lunaeri. Several armed guards enter through the doors at the end of the hall, dragging a small handful of scaled creatures. "Let them stand on their own. These creatures were sent here by the father. They are not threats."

"Your grace, they were inhabiting the caverns within our mountains. We assumed they were trespassers," says one of the armed men.

"Your caution is appreciated, but these creatures are meant to help us. Kobolds?" The king waits for the kobolds to look up before continuing to speak. "The tyranny of your overlords has been ended. You now work for myself, High King Maedro of the Lunaeri. First, let me welcome you to the Lunar Vale and home to our people. Second, I must emphasize that you are never to set foot within our city from this day forward without permission. You will be permitted to dwell within the Vale. You will aid our people in their day-to-day work, making additions to the city and the farmlands that surround it. You will also continue your extraction of the gold that you found within the caverns where you first met our people."

"The yellow rocks?" comes a mumble from one of the kobolds.

"Yes - the yellow rocks. In return, you will be permitted to keep half of what you extract for us and you will learn a great deal during your servitude. Lunaeri builders will even be assisting you in the construction of your own city at the mouth of the Vale, next to the great river. All those coming to visit the Lunaeri will have to pass first through your gates. Your loyalty will earn you far more under my leadership than it did under your past overseers."

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 4AP (3AP/1PAP) [1AP + 3AP (Rollover 4.5.12)

Create Combat Artifact: the Guardian's Shield [3P = 1AP (Angel's Forge) + 1AP (Preservation Domain) + 1AP]

Mold Land: Golden Caverns [Lunaeri Domain]

Intervene: Underground Kobolds - filled with lust for the gold material after discovering the Golden Caverns [Beauty Domain]

Teach Populace: Domestication of Plants and Animals [Sept of Gazardiel]

Ending AP: 3AP (2AP/1PAP)

Beauty Domain: Exhausted
    Preservation Domain: Exhausted
    Lunaeri Domain: Exhausted
    Sept of Gazardiel: Exhausted
    The Angel's Forge: Exhausted

For my own sake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Race [Lunaeri]: 1AP & Beauty Domain
    Mold Land [Lunar Vale]: Preservation Domain
    Join Pantheon [Guardians]: 1AP & Preservation Domain
    Create Plane (with Guardians) [The Citadel]: 1PAP
    Create Utility Artifact [Sept of Gazardiel] (Teach Populace Artifact): 2AP & Beauty Domain
    Create Concept [Grace Magic]: 2AP & Preservation Domain
    Teach Populace [Grace Magic - The Lunaeri]: 1 Free Teach Populace Action
    Gain Portfolio Element [Lunaeri-kind]: 1PAP
    Gain Divine Level [Warrior]: 2AP
    Create Avatar [Maedro, High King of the Lunaeri, the Shining One]: Lunaeri-kind Portfolio Discount + 2AP
    Mold Land [Gardens of the Moon]: Beauty Domain
    Teach Populace [Metalworking - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact
    Gain Domain [Lunaeri]: 1PAP + 1AP
    Create Utility Artifact [The Angel's Forge]: Preservation Domain & 2AP
    Create Subrace [Gryphons]: Lunaeri Domain
    Create Combat artifact [The Guardian's Shield]: Preservation Domain, the Angel's Forge, and 1AP
    Mold Land [Golden Caverns]: Lunaeri Domain
    Intervene [Underground Kobolds - Gold Lust]: Beauty Domain
    Teach Populace [Domestication - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran looks at his fists. Sure, they were good for smashing things, but in a real fight he needed a real weapon. Something that could smash better than his fist. Something to smash like nothing in the universe has smashed before. Something to spill the blood of his foes and smash them across the Plane. Traveling once again to the Pyre, Artoran gets to work. He pulls from the power of the forge and his inner powers of bloodshed once again to create his new weapon, one of smashing. A few seconds later he is happy with the result. A heavy spiked ball of translucent metal lay at the end of a chain a few feet long. Troughs crisscross the surface of the head to draw blood into the innner globe of the sphere. The hilt is plain, unnardorned, with a simple leather grip holding it and a small metal spike on the butt of the weapon. Giving it a few spins to tests its balance, Artoran finds himself pleased. This is a Smasher worthy of a god! One to smash all the other gods into submission!

Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP = 3 AP (Rollover (2 Level 6, 1 PAP)) -1 (Create Combat Artifact (3 -1 (The Pyre) -1 (Bloodshed Domain)))

The Pyre: Used
    Bloodshed Domain: Used
    Combat Domain: Free

Smasher: Smasher is a morningstar hanging from a large chain. The head of the weapon is a hollow globe of some nearly indestructible metal. Intricate channels cross the head, making it possible for blood to flow into the orb when it connects to an enemy. The weapon is fairly plain and unadorned, but extremely functional.

Also, would Smashing be too silly of a Domain to take?

Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angel looked down on the mortal realm and smiled. Her creations were functioning perfectly. The weeping angels mostly stood and waited, harvesting the energy the needed from the smaller creatures of the world, leaving the sentient races alone, for now. The vashta nerada on the other hand, were less docile. Anywhere there was heavy shadows and plentiful prey they feasted and the mortals feared the shadows. Yes it was good to be a goddess. But still, she feared retribution for creating these things. The angels, not so much, but the vashta nerada... So she created, from one of her feathers, a new weapon. A beautiful rapier, shining white and thin as a razor. At least, when viewed from one time frame. From another, it was bloodstained, and black as the void. From another, it doesn't exist yet, but somehow it is there, waiting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Create Artifact: 2 AP (Time Domain) Lame éternelle, the eternal blade. For the gods of time, it changes based on when you are looking at it. For everyone else, it simply looks how it does in the present. 1 AP for time fluff.
    Endings
    Time
    3 AP left
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- Not So Helpless, Apparently

And there Sephyrdiam sat, listening to the woes of a Goddess bawling silently over the death of one of the deities, her lamentations echoing throughout the stars themselves.

The God of Nature waved his hand, forming a handkerchief and handing it to the grieving Goddess.

Meanwhile, On The Conch

The tree, the same tree which all too recently grew into a beacon of Nature's power grew all the more. Its limbs strengthened, its trunk grew thicker, and its might only rose as even the leaves soon were aglow with the powers of the forest. A new, unexpected formation soon took place however. Buds of roughly humanoid size begun to form from this mighty tree, verdant powers collecting inside them, coalescing and forming, but not yet awakened. Their emergence was soon to be though, and Nature danced for their coming was nigh.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 2 [rollover]

AP: 0=2-2 Gain Divine Level. I am more than sure I have enough AP spent on stuff for this, and I will be editing a post in the OOC to see just how many levels I should go up. Also: I'm level 7 now.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran looks at his weapon. It was beautiful. An elegant instrument of destruction. He would make more! Hundreds more! Thousands more! Taking a piece of his divine essence, Artoran attunes it to weapons, planning on making more in the near future.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP = 2 AP -1 (Gain Portfolio Element (Weapons))

Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- Back With Akna

Console her the God did, listening to her grievances... then, Sephyrdiam stood up, still beside her.

"Mother Akna, please, listen to me. I have decided something, something which will forever dictate my actions as a Deity. I am going to be neutral. I will create what I will, but not if it means massive states of change or the manipulation of another Divine's work. I... will also not partake in events similar to what happened with your friend. I hate that I was a part of it, and could do nothing but be part of her self destruction. Therefore... people may call me their ally, but I will not aid them, and neither will I strike against them. Only if Nature is harmed will I rouse..."

Sephyrdiam sits opposite of the Mother Goddess.

"...tell me, is this wise to do? I'm not sure anymore what I could do which wouldn't be foolish..."
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The White Desert

For generations, the Doppelgangers wandered around the harsh landscape which was the White Desert undisturbed by either the clashes of the divinities, or by other mortal races, as who would be crazy enough to try and transverse this harsh land.

The Doppelgangers knew little to nothing about how the world was shaped. All they knew was of a masked figure, known for appearing from within the shadows with important revelations to the people that it created and referring to itself as "El-Neyhara". Of course, being genderless creatures, the Doppelgangers could not have known about the Creepy Masked Girl's gender, nor that when asked for her name she had given a combination of a name and title given to her by Tharin and the Changling Queen respectively.

Throughout the ages, El had appeared several times to certain influential Doppelgangers, telling them about how they owe their existence to a far greater entity, one simply referred to as the Darkness. Unfortunately what they could not have known as that Nysv's Voidcloak ensured that whenever the Doppelgangers would write about its role in their race's creation, the credit would instead by given to an omnipotent being which was one with the Void itself. That entity was simply known as "El" or "the One Lord" in the Doppelganger language, and El-Neyhara soon became considered its prophet.

Of course, it wasn't in Nysv's interest to fix this misunderstanding, quite the opposite, the god of Shadows cared little about whether it would receive credit, or worship from these insignificant beings. However, it did sense an opportunity for profit if these mortals were allowed to wallow in their ignorance... but for that to happen, perhaps a gentle nudge was in order. Just a small one.

It was thus that after generations of silence, the El-Neyhara appeared to the Doppelgangers once more, this time with a new prophesy. One which promised to make them into a great and renowned nation, unrivaled and respected amongst all foreign nations and races. And so, the Doppelgangers, in obedience to the message of their prophet, began to travel once again, deeper into the White Desert than they had ever gone before. For the deeper one travels into the White Desert, the harsher the land becomes, with constant and dangerous sandstorms a common occurrence and water an extremely scarce commodity.

After weeks of traveling, the Doppelgangers arrived around the afternoon, their haste so great that they went against Doppelganger tradition and traveled during the harshness of the day. It was there that they saw the land that their prophet had promised them. To their great surprise, they found a mighty river, which ran along a great plateau with several oasis raised higher than the sands of the desert, the river itself, forming almost what seemed like a circle around the plateau.

As the Doppelgangers began crossing the river and climbing up to the plateau, the harshness of the day was fading away, and soon the soothing darkness which the night brought was upon them. It was then to their surprise that as the last glimmer of light faded over the horizon, all of a sudden on top the plateau a dark black ore substance appears as the desert is engulfed in the darkness of night.

The exact spot where aeons ago the divine blood of Voimond had been spilled upon the world, little did the Doppelgangers know that this ore in its primordial state had the unique property to vanish from sight when natural light is shed upon it, only to return into view when covered in darkness. Another thing that the Doppelgangers could not explain was that in the center of the plateau, was a perfect square shape structure made from the same substance found all over this place.

So it was that the Doppelgangers began constructing the fabled city of El-Carran. With the abundance of water, the city began to attract more and more of the tribes who would brave the dangerous desert to settle with their kind. On the spot where the Doppelgangers found, the grand Palace was built. As it was claimed by the one who holds the title of "The Divine Caliph" is a direct descendant of the El-Neyhara, another unfortunate misunderstanding due to Nysv's Voidcloak. As the divine nature of the Caliph is unquestioned in El-Carran, it falls upon the feared Masters of Shadows to guard the palace.

With great winding streets and even greater spirals reaching into the sky, upon the first light of dawn, the city of El-Carran vanishes from plain sight, only to reappear in its full glory once the night has settled in. Although Doppelganger activity is limited during the day, it is considered the most dangerous of times, as that is when the darker side of El-Carran comes out. Assassinations are considered common practice within this city, as all contracts are handled by the secretive Assassin's Guild. Although they claim to hold a neutral stance, some members of the guild have been known to whisper into the ear of the Caliph... much to the annoyance of the Grand Vizier, a position traditionally held by the Grand Noctumancer of El-Carran, who represented the Noctumancer guild, where people were the art of shadow manipulation was studied and trained.

Spoiler
    Show

AP2 + 1 (Given by Artoran)
    2 Pantheon AP
    Shadow Domain: Charged
    Assassination Domain: Charged
    Combat Domain: Charged

AP2= 3 -1 (Use 1 Pantheon AP + Shadow Domain) Create Utility Artifact: The City of El-Carran. (Bonus for create organizations)

Besides the fact that this city is something akin to one of the ancient wonders of the world, during the day, the entire city and anyone inside it vanishes like a mirage. As soon as its nightfall, the city reappears once again. It is located deep within the White Desert, and attempting to reach it without a seasoned guide is very difficult.

AP1= 2-1 (Use City of El-Carran charge) Create Organization: The Grand Caliphate. Create Prestige class: Master of Shadows

AP0=1-1 (Use Assassination Domain with Artoran's AP) Create Organization: Assassin's guild. Create Prestige class: Assassins

PAP0= 2-2: Create Organization: The Great School of Nocturmancy. Create Prestige class: Nocturmancers.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods Onari
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "Of course. We agreed to that, after all. But you mentioned that they would be hunting us, and we will defend ourselves if we need to," Vsal replies, following, as do the rest of the Nayleth, the Hunters swarming across and leaping between trees as they go, in a manner something like a troupe of monkeys crossed with a group of ants.
    Led before the Woods Onari's Queen Mother, the representative is instructed to kneel.

2Akna and Sephyrdiam

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sephyrdiam- Not So Helpless, Apparently

And there Sephyrdiam sat, listening to the woes of a Goddess bawling silently over the death of one of the deities, her lamentations echoing throughout the stars themselves.

The God of Nature waved his hand, forming a handkerchief and handing it to the grieving Goddess.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sephyrdiam- Back With Akna

Console her the god did, listening to her grievances... then, Sephyrdiam stood up, still beside her.

"Mother Akna, please, listen to me. I have decided something, something which will forever dictate my actions as a Deity. I am going to be neutral. I will create what I will, but not if it means massive states of change or the manipulation of another Divine's work. I... will also not partake in events similar to what happened with your friend. I hate that I was a part of it, and could do nothing but be part of her self destruction. Therefore... people may call me their ally, but I will not aid them, and neither will I strike against them. Only if Nature is harmed will I rouse..."

Sephyrdiam sits opposite of the Mother Goddess.

"...tell me, is this wise to do? I'm not sure anymore what I could do which wouldn't be foolish..."
    Akna dries her eyes.

That sounds... promising. But, no, you don't take it far enough.

Her eyes seem hardened as her lips settle into thin lines.

No, Sephyrdiam, no, we are the gods of the world, the gods of life itself. Life has been threatened by the gods of this world. You are right, and Yiasial was right, and I am right.

Listen to my words. You shall create as you will, as Nature dictates. You will avoid interaction with the other gods, but you will not limit yourself by their rules, their regulations. I will do the same. Nature will flourish! It will grow and will dominate! These unnatural acts of the gods have gone too far.

Come, my friend, join with me. Together, we will bring Nature the respect that it deserves! We shall show this world that Nature is a force with which to be reckoned, not stomped on at will. Come, you wish to find redemption for your part? Join with me in this pantheon, this Cosmic Conclave... No, this Cosmic Family. Together, our Family shall grow strong, as strong as Life and Nature itself!

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 10 PAP 4 =
    9(Holdover from previous weeks)
    + 2 + 1PAP (Rollover - 4.05.2012)
    + 2 + 1PAP (Rollover - 4.12.2012)
    -1PAP Gain Portfolio Element(Beast Taming)

Domains Actions: Life, Plant, Onari
    Portfolio Actions: Onari-kind, Beast Taming

Actions for Beast Taming:
    - 2(Create Concept: Domestication of Plants and Animals)
    - 1(Create Subrace: Banths - massive dire lions)
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-04-18 at 07:01 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn, the Citadel

The platinum knight receives a gift from his followers. The kobolds have spend years, their finest artisan's crafting a gift suitable for their protector, a mighty set of golden wings after the pattern of their own.

Alorn puts them one, his power rushing into them, animating them. He gives them a trial, quickly sweeping them around to blind an imaginary foes while deflecting his blow. "Are good and worthy gist. You have my thank."

Afterwords, he fashions an additional item for himself, a great golden trumpet. If I am to head into battle, all of creation will know of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP = 0 + 3 (2 roll-over +1 PAP)
    2 AP = 3 - 1(3 create battle artifact, wings of glory -1 war domain -1 glorious compact)
    0 AP = 2 AP -2 (3 create utility artifact - 1 law domain), golden trumpet, 1/ week reduces the cost of entering divine combat by 1

Announcing you presence and issuing formal challenges is pretty lawful and matching with his portfolio

28. - Top - End - #928
    Bugbear in the Playground

Clearwater Marshes, Outskirts

Peth crept slowly through the fens, gripping her javelin tightly. Strictly speaking, it was probably not a good idea to be here. She ought to be out hunting something practical to bring as an offering for the Tourney - even though the odds of winning mating rights on her first year were low, she might still catch the eye of one of the victors if she made a good showing. Being selected as a donor would be painful, but it was a good way to make an impression on the circle of older Lem she would be entering soon.

All of which was moot, of course, if she failed to hunt anything worthwhile and didn't earn her adulthood in the first place.

Normally, a young huntress would go for a Wog. It was the traditional pick. Big, tough, ornery - it wasn't original, but it showed you could fight. But exotic offerings got attention. Which was why Peth was out here, instead of in the deep marshes where the enormous toad-creatures could be found.

There had long been rumors that strange, Lem-like creatures had been sighted in the deeper ponds near here. This was a rocky section of the marsh, near the very edge, and very few of her kind came here - the tribe's lore said it had been a huge sweeping cliff-side before the cataclysm that had birthed their people. Most ignored the rumors of fish-people, but one of Peth's younger friends was among those to have supposedly seem them, and she was not one to lie. An unknown monster would make for an amazing offering! The kind other hunters would remember for years and years.

Taking a few steadying breaths to prepare for the transition, the would-be huntress dove down into the water and let her gills unseal and take over breathing. Spotting one of the openings that led into the caves that supposedly riddled the region, she grabbed it and pulled herself down, letting partially webbed hands and feet carry her into the watery darkness...
    Spoiler
    Show

@Jeriah: Peth is looking for a Sea Onari settlement that she suspects is nearby, but she isn't too familiar with the caves, and if any are down there they'll almost certainly find her before she does them. Of course, if there aren't any Onari in the region, feel free to have her find nothing, but I'll leave that choice to you.

AP:
    2 + 2 (Rollover)
    4 - 0 (Intervention - Fearsome Fauna) Strength!Domain
    4 = Final

Strength Domain: Exhausted
    Ambition Domain: Active

Thanks to Nalma's influence, the animals of the Clearwater Marshes are almost universally very dangerous. While none are as singularly potent as say, a banth, the entire ecosystem is essentially a deathtrap. Even skilled hunters can face sudden and brutal death at the hands of the beasts of the marshes. Lem don't usually hunt alone, but the trials to gain the privilege of entering the mating tourneys are an exception - those too weak to survive are supposed to be weeded from the gene pool.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Woods Onari

Led before the Woods Onari's Queen Mother, the representative is instructed to kneel.
    Vsal frowns slightly for a moment, disliking the necessity, but complies quickly enough, and then simply waits for the Queen Mother to speak, as she's not certain of the proper etiquette, but figures that not talking when she's supposed to is better than speaking out of turn.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Dwarf in the Playground

Those that wander too deep...

===============

Cthoneans. Great beasts of the Karish, born to destroy from within the earth. Even if their creator was a different one, what were they if not incarnations of the wyrms might. They even revered his name, did they not?
    And just as Gauron had corrupted Cthonaeon from within so too did his seeping influence corrupt them, ever so slightly.
    But for such marvelous beasts the corruption would not be to their detriment. Up in the Hive they would still be their parents slaves but down below no one would challenge their might. No, in the depths of the world they would rule, free from any bonds, free to roam, free to devour. And woe those who find themselves scurrying in their way.

===============

Spoiler
    Show
    Timebubble at the time of the attack on Old Draconia. I still need to actually write the story but the server downtime is probably nearing. That means everything below is placeholder.

Krigg of the Underkobolds thinks about his Kaj uncle and the attack.
    -------------------
    Kriggs uncle is devoured. Kriggs is Underkaj and continues to flee further below ground to escape.
    -------------------
    Krigg learns of gold. Also Underkobolds start feeling uncomfortable so far below. Krigg commands to resurface far from New Draconia, but...
    -------------------

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1 = 0 + 2 (12.04.2012 Rollover) - 0 (Intervention: alter Cthoneans with earth domain) - 1 (Guide populace: remaining free kobold tribes with evil domain)
    Last edited by Zethex; 2012-04-19 at 04:32 AM.
    Thanks to zimmerwald1915 for giving me the random on-the-fly pic he made as an Avatar. You're awsome zimmerwald1915!