New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1176
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Sephyrdiam- Dryads

As his niece and nephew are on the cusp of an argument, Sephyrdiam merely steps back, listening to what they say but not responding to anything in particular. Instead, his thoughts are with his fledgling race, who now explore the world about them, taking in Nature's beauty as well as finding their place within it.

The Earth Dryads remained with the tree, tending to it and the surrounding forest. There they strengthened their home. The Water Dryads took to the sea, swimming through the clear waters and exploring its depths and secrets. The Air Dryads flew for the first time, taking in the air as they danced upon playful winds. The Fire Dryads, who did not share in their sisters' preoccupations, instead left for lands that Sephyrdiam had told them of, lands of fire and flame, lands where they would thrive. Such movement of the new and upcoming race was not out of the ordinary, and too soon would they all find the established races of this world, for better or for worse.

A single Dryad of Water swam into the deep, wandering and taking in the underwater spectacle. She wandered and swam below the surface, her formerly dry limbs now absorbing the salts of the sea, her hair and body bursting into green tendrils. She was a fair maiden of the waters, swimming through them garbed in a beautiful natural dress. Chances are that this maiden of the sea would all too quickly find herself in the company of Onari.

A Dryad of Flame, as rough and brazen as her dark-wooded kin, walked boldly into the lands bathed in fire. Though made of wood, the licks of flame did not burn her away like normal plant creatures. In fact, she felt invigorated by the flames, bursting into a fiery dance, feeling a deep-seated connection as she burst into a blaze of passion. It would undoubtedly not go unnoticed.

A Dryad of Air flew to new heights, soaring high into the air, just below the cloud line. There she viewed the world as a bird would, and took in the all encompassing sight. Soon though, her attention was ensnared by what she saw to be a settlement of people. Flying down, she soon stopped as she saw a great battle taking place down below, a quarrel of water and ice betwixt two reptillian creatures. She did not fly any closer than she already was, remaining in sight to view the event for herself.

All too soon would many more of these Dryads take to their respective elements, dipping their toes into the ocean for the first time, or taking flight and soaring into the skies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roleplay time!
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Citadel: Maedro & Alorn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Alorn, the Citadel

Alorn rises in response to the call. "Hail, Gazardiel. What is the call for alarm? Come, let us meet in the great hall." Divine senses reach out, sensing the beginnings of the disturbance in Vardheim. Normally it would not have been enough to draw his attention, but with his allies distress...

Maedro meets with Alorn in the great hall. He paces the room as his companion enters, obviously distraught. The angel god's mortal incarnation is quite similar to his divine form. "It's the mortal plane. My children have been killed in the throne room of my mother's creations. The Lunaeri would never wield weapons against their cousins, the Onari. Some sort of devilry is at work, though there is no indication as to who is responsible. Nevertheless, it is of the greatest importance that we begin preparations for war. On the mortal plane and with our divine counterparts."

The Void: Gazardiel, The Lonely Angel, Akna, and Kansheri
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Q'telun View Post
    The Angel extends a wing and smacks Gazardiel. "Don't jump to conclusions brother. Mothers creations were also interfered with. If we don't work together, what is the point of being in a pantheon together? Mother, could Yiasial's creation help us find out what happened?"

"My children were killed by the Onari queen. They were her guests on a diplomatic mission! If they were interfered with, we must find out who is responsible immediately." Gazardiel glares at his twin, seething with rage.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Void - Akna and Children]

"Mine were as well," Kansheri hisses, anger permeating her words, along with a few faint wisps of toxic mist. "And most certainly not by Akna, unless she would kill the Queen-Mother of the Woods Onari...", the Mistformed went on, turning to her brother. "And enough, Gazardiel. Yes, we need to find who is responsible. But none of our family had any reason to do such a thing, and alienating Akna and Angel won't help."

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Void: Gazardiel, Kansheri, The Lonely Angel, and Akna

"I cannot sense the interference of any known deity with my creations though." Gazardiel's temper begins to wane as his more level-headed siblings point out the flaws in his knee-jerk conclusion. "If someone has truly intervened, they took considerable care to mask their involvement." As the youth calms down, the light emanating from his form dims as well, his eyes becoming sad rather than angry.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TsukikoJ View Post
    The Citadel: Maedro & Alorn

Maedro meets with Alorn in the great hall. He paces the room as his companion enters, obviously distraught. The angel god's mortal incarnation is quite similar to his divine form. "It's the mortal plane. My children have been killed in the throne room of my mother's creations. The Lunaeri would never wield weapons against their cousins, the Onari. Some sort of devilry is at work, though there is no indication as to who is responsible. Nevertheless, it is of the greatest importance that we begin preparations for war. On the mortal plane and with our divine counterparts."
    Alorn nods. "Something is attacking Vardhiem as well, though I shall soon have it dealt with. Do you suspect a common cause? Do you have further preparations in mind?"

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well now that that has been settled and we aren't going to try and kill mother, I'm going to go tak to Nysv. He might be able to help us find out who is behind this, after all, it takes a thief to catch a thief and I don't know anyone better at deceit than Nysv." With that, the Angel flies upwards and off in search of Nysv.
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

As always, anyone searching for Nysv would probably find the god of Shadows within the Lunar Temple on the Moon. Upon seeing the Lonely Angel, Nysv says

"Greetings godling. How may I be of a service?"
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

"A god or goddess interfered with my mother's, brother's, and sister's creations. We know its a god because the creations affected died well before their appointed time, and thats something only a god can make happen. We don't know who it was, so I came to you to try and get your opinion on how someone would do this and try to get away with it."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Vardheim - Getting Warmer

The kobold writhes,, then snaps the ice lance off with a quick blow. The nearby water boils as flames wring him, encompassing both fighters under its white tongues.
    At the edge of the battle, a ghostly winged kobold watches, waiting for something.

William - Steamy

Geysers of steam rush out to envelop the kobold as the snake shifts to the form of a desert lizard. "It's getting hot!" it says as a sphere of steam surrounds it, taking the blow of the heat and dispersing it into a cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sephyrdiam- Dryads

As his niece and nephew are on the cusp of an argument, Sephyrdiam merely steps back, listening to what they say but not responding to anything in particular. Instead, his thoughts are with his fledgling race, who now explore the world about them, taking in Nature's beauty as well as finding their place within it.

The Earth Dryads remained with the tree, tending to it and the surrounding forest. There they strengthened their home. The Water Dryads took to the sea, swimming through the clear waters and exploring its depths and secrets. The Air Dryads flew for the first time, taking in the air as they danced upon playful winds. The Fire Dryads, who did not share in their sisters' preoccupations, instead left for lands that Sephyrdiam had told them of, lands of fire and flame, lands where they would thrive. Such movement of the new and upcoming race was not out of the ordinary, and too soon would they all find the established races of this world, for better or for worse.

A single Dryad of Water swam into the deep, wandering and taking in the underwater spectacle. She wandered and swam below the surface, her formerly dry limbs now absorbing the salts of the sea, her hair and body bursting into green tendrils. She was a fair maiden of the waters, swimming through them garbed in a beautiful natural dress. Chances are that this maiden of the sea would all too quickly find herself in the company of Onari.

A Dryad of Flame, as rough and brazen as her dark-wooded kin, walked boldly into the lands bathed in fire. Though made of wood, the licks of flame did not burn her away like normal plant creatures. In fact, she felt invigorated by the flames, bursting into a fiery dance, feeling a deep-seated connection as she burst into a blaze of passion. It would undoubtedly not go unnoticed.

A Dryad of Air flew to new heights, soaring high into the air, just below the cloud line. There she viewed the world as a bird would, and took in the all encompassing sight. Soon though, her attention was ensnared by what she saw to be a settlement of people. Flying down, she soon stopped as she saw a great battle taking place down below, a quarrel of water and ice betwixt two reptillian creatures. She did not fly any closer than she already was, remaining in sight to view the event for herself.

All too soon would many more of these Dryads take to their respective elements, dipping their toes into the ocean for the first time, or taking flight and soaring into the skies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roleplay time!
    Twilight Forest - First Contact

The dryads would find a very warm reception among the inhabitants of the Twilight Forest. The first of Voimond's children to meet them was one of the ancient star dragons, a female of renown known as Twilight Sparkle.

"Hi! Welcome to existence, daughters of Sephyrdiam. I'm Twilight Sparkle. Who are you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Twilight Forest - First Contact

The dryads would find a very warm reception among the inhabitants of the Twilight Forest. The first of Voimond's children to meet them was one of the ancient star dragons, a female of renown known as Twilight Sparkle.

"Hi! Welcome to existence, daughters of Sephyrdiam. I'm Twilight Sparkle. Who are you?"
    One such Dryad, particularly that of the Earth type with subtle hints of redwood in her complexion, walked up to this (small?) Dragon.

"Greetings Twilit one. I am called Arbora, and I am indeed one of Lord Sephyrdiam's Dryads. Seeing your moon-like complexion, would you not be in fact a daughter of Voimond? I believe our Divine Creators would be pleased if they could see us now. But please, tell me..."

The young Dryad looked upon the great forest around them, the unending mixture of darkness and light swirled together.

"...what is this mystic forest? My Dryad Sisters would be most enthusiastic about its existence."

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Q'telun View Post
    "A god or goddess interfered with my mother's, brother's, and sister's creations. We know its a god because the creations affected died well before their appointed time, and thats something only a god can make happen. We don't know who it was, so I came to you to try and get your opinion on how someone would do this and try to get away with it."
    The god of Shadows considers the information that the Lonely Angel gives it. "Oh dear... that's a bit of a complicated situation isn't it? With all this mystery going around I suppose it makes sense that you would appeal for my professional opinion."

"Unfortunately godling, I cannot give you a culprit at the time being. I rarely pay attention at the affairs of mortals, and it seems that you have little to no evidence at all, relying on speculation. So, what if some mortals died before their appointed time? Cannot a mortal kill another mortal? A knife in the back can do wonders against an appointed time."

"However the idea that someone can move around with as much secrecy to avoid the detection of your entire family intrigues me greatly. Therefore I am offering my services to you and your family."

"I get paid a shred of power in advance, and in return I shall not only send my best agent to investigate the scene of the crime, but I too shall look for evidence as to whom the culprit is, and then present to you my case."

"And of course, should I so happen to fail, or it turns out that I happen to be wrong or the information inadequate, as little chance as I believe that happening, you will of course be entitled to a full refund."

Nysv, produces a contract to the Lonely Angel which says

Spoiler
    Show

Work for Hire Contract

This Work for Hire Contract is made by and between {Nysv}, henceforth known as "Contractor" and {The Lonely Angel} henceforth known as "Client". Client and Contractor agree to the provisions of this Contract as they apply to the services rendered (henceforth known as "Work") by Contractor, detailed below:

The Contractor agrees to investigate, interrogate and produce clear evidence to point out the culprit responsible for the recent disturbance in the mortal plane regarding the creations of the Client and her direct family.

The Contract's provisions are undersigned by both Client and Contractor, and are as follows:

Relationship

Contractor and Client agree that the "work for hire" relationship is the only defined relationship between the two, and that Client does not consider Contractor to be an employee. As such, Client is not required to provide benefits, including insurance, paid vacation, or sick leave, to Contractor.

Length of Contract

This Contract begins on the date listed above, and continues for a period of {One Divine Week}. Should both parties agree, Contract may be amended to extend its duration, provided that both Client and Contractor sign and date the amendment.

Deadlines

Contractor agrees to provide Client with the evidence within the expiration date of his contract. Contractor is expected to turn in whatever work is covered by this contract. Should Work be incomplete at time of deadline(s), Client will reserve the rights for a full refund of fees paid within the period of {one divine week}.

Payment

Client agrees to pay Contractor a shred of divine power in advance. Any extension amendment, as outlined in Section 2, shall require a new payment agreement.

Confidentiality

Contractor understands that entering into this Contract with Client means that Contractor will possibly come into contact and/or learn about privileged information pertaining to Client. The Client agrees to allow the Contractor to release sensitive information only if it will allow the Contractor to full fill the services described within this contract.

Termination

The Contract will be terminated on the date specified in Section 2, unless an amendment is created to extend the duration of the Contract.

Client's Signature
    Contractor's Signature

"Sigh here..." says Nysv.

Spoiler
    Show

AP2= 4-2 (Use Shadow Domain) Create Nysv's Third Shadow Tendril
    AP0= 2-2 (Use Combat Domain) Create Nysv's Fourth Shadow Tendril

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Kansheri, who followed her sister to the Moon (albeit slowly due to player busyness), shakes her head at Nysv's words, though naturally she can't see the contract, and thus any elaborations he may have put in it are unknown to her.

"A knife in the back could end their lives early, yes, unless Angel would deem that to be an appointed end. But we also know someone interfered because the minds of my Nayleth were twisted, as were their forms, and there is no mortal who is capable of doing so, would choose to use that capability, and was near enough to take such action."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-05-03 at 02:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

Nysv nods at the Changeling Queen "You do have some valid points godling. But still, many are the mortals who can change shapes... mine included. But please provide me with the evidence that the Doppelgangers have, or do not have the ability to twist one's mind or form."

Without really waiting for an answer, Nysv continues

"You can't, and that is because I've taken my measures to ensure that you can't. Perhaps same thing can be said of other mortals? Do not be like Yiassel who threw accusations based on assumptions. You lack the hard evidence that I am offering to gather for you. What you do with what I find, is up to you. I can see and hear things that you cannot... and more importantly, go to places that are beyond even your reach... isn't that right puppet?"

"It is as you say Darkness..."
    says the Creepy Masked Girl as the makes her appearance. "... greetings Great Ones. Should you will it, I shall be honored to accept your task."

"Of course, I may have to pull some strings as well. Call in a few favors, which is why I am charging a fee. As you can understand these favors are very valuable and hard to get by, and if anyone has connections... that would be me of course."

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angel cracks a smile. "There is a reason I came to you uncle, your the best in the area of deception. I mean, shadows are the best hiding place." The Angel signs the contract.
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

Once the Lonely Angel signs the contract, Nysv signs it with one of its Shadow Tendrils. "The pact is sealed..." says the god of Shadows as it first swallows its copy of the contract, then gives the Lonely Angel her copy to keep. "Excellent! most excellent! Now then... there is the little matter of my advance payment. As soon as the formalities are underway, then I may begin my investigation."

The Creepy Masked Girl reveals the usual wooden box, which she carries around in order to collect payment from other gods, and hands it over to the Lonely Angel.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

One such Dryad, particularly that of the Earth type with subtle hints of redwood in her complexion, walked up to this (small?) Dragon.

"Greetings Twilit one. I am called Arbora, and I am indeed one of Lord Sephyrdiam's Dryads. Seeing your moon-like complexion, would you not be in fact a daughter of Voimond? I believe our Divine Creators would be pleased if they could see us now. But please, tell me..."

The young Dryad looked upon the great forest around them, the unending mixture of darkness and light swirled together.

"...what is this mystic forest? My Dryad Sisters would be most enthusiastic about its existence."
    Twilight Sparkle - Twilight Forest

Did the star dragon just look at the dryad like she was stupid? Surely not? "Um... this is the Twilight Forest, which Voimond formed out of his sibling's blood. Sephyrdiam has had a hand in populating it with the great spirits that seem to be all the rage with the lycanthropes. It is my forest, and you are required to be polite and play nice with the others and not destroy the forest if you stay here or I'll call down divine wrath to destroy you, but-" a pause for breath. "You're welcome to stay and live here if you want. I think you'll be nice to be friends with."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran - Worried

So they were calling in Mysv. Why else would those he had struck be paying The Shadow? Artoran didn't know if Nysv would tell; she was family, but she had attacked her own brother for the right price.

I need something to take the fall... he muses to himself, heading to the Material Plane. When he arrives, he begins his work.

They'd have to be able to recreate his curse and drive mortals to war. His blessing couldn't be replicated; that wouldn't work. Unless, unless they took over their mind? Make them impervious to pain and heal? Artoran didn't know how magic and sorcery worked, but he knew two things; blood, and battle.He would make something, something that could do his wishes.

He starts with a form, one similair snough to Onari and men to pass as one when under a cloak. Their skin is thick and leathery, capable of deflecting a weak blow. He gives them short bone claws on their fingertips, only a few inches long, that could be extended and retracted through flexing their fingertips.

He then gets into smaller details. Eyes capable of sight in the dark. Heightened senses and innate abilties of stealth. Dark skin giving them even more concealment. Powerful lega capable of doing powerful jumps. Heightened reflexes, making it possible for them to dodge a blow. Unnatural endurance, and an extremely high pain tolerance. Deceptive strength for their slender form. Finally, enhanced healing. Not so fast as to heal a wound while still in battle, but disease and minor injuries are healed faster then any other race. This would give them short lives, a decade, maybe two, but it was not important. They would beeed fast. Last, an innate sense of battle that only one such as Artoran could gift a race. With this came his desire for blood, his wish for battle, his drive to begin wars.

Then comes the final touch. A slender tail curls right above the hip. At the end a large barb sits, a few inches in length. The tail is capable on controlled movement and grasping. But that was not the true power. The tip of the barb, a sliver less than an inch, could be detached with a thought when lodging in flesh, burrowing deep under the skin of the creature. There it would disdolve into the bloodstream, completely dissapearing.

This was the key part. The barb would have no noticable effect on the one stabbed, until such a time as the owner of the barb willed it. Through an elaborate ceremony, the owner could kill themself and send their soul into the body of the one stabbed. When there they retain their combat prowess, pain tolerance, and healing, although they can be somewhat limited by the new form. The body would die soon after, but that was not important. The owner of the barb would be in full control of the new body: every action, every movement, every thought. The owner would become the new creature.

Artoran forms some of this new race, placing them in the lands of the High Onari, heading north towards the Spine, using their endurance and speed to run all the way, no need for mounts.

Go my children, my Warmongers. Cause battle and strife below. Praise me with your prowess and the blood you spill.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 0 = 2 AP - 2 (Create Race: Warmongers)
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Arziak paces the Lunar Temple, deep in thought. He has been gazing down upon the mortal realm, and is aghast at the attempts to regulate and control usage of magic. Perhaps the enforcers didn't yet know of the twin isles that Arziak had made to house magi, but he fears that if they do learn of them, the lawmakers would attempt to conquer the islands. Arziak sees also the dragons, and formulates an idea to protect the users of his gift from the harsh outside world. Using the prismatic dragons as a starting point, he forms a new race of dragons- proud, wise, and strong, who would defend magic from all threats. They have glossy, sometimes opalescent scales, which shimmer as they fly, and are capable of breathing gouts of violet flame, so hot that water has difficulty putting it out.

Spoiler
    Show

Ap: 0-0=0 (pantheon discount)
    Create subrace: Opalescent Dragons
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    At the edge of the battle, a ghostly winged kobold watches, waiting for something.

William - Steamy

Geysers of steam rush out to envelop the kobold as the snake shifts to the form of a desert lizard. "It's getting hot!" it says as a sphere of steam surrounds it, taking the blow of the heat and dispersing it into a cloud.
    The kobold raises his claws, the steam passing around him without harm. "Now you shall perish for your misdeeds."

Time slows for all around as claw, tooth, and wing lash toward the lizard, seeking to end the battle in a flurry of violence.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

The kobold raises his claws, the steam passing around him without harm. "Now you shall perish for your misdeeds."

Time slows for all around as claw, tooth, and wing lash toward the lizard, seeking to end the battle in a flurry of violence.
    William - Tactics Change

The desert lizard shifts form to that of a banth, the giant predatory cats revered by the onari. A great flurry of claws and fangs assaults the incoming kobold, the last sight seen of them before a sphere of ice encloses both of them and a shower of ice lances sprays the surrounding area.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

Arbora - Twilight Forest

The young dryad looked at her with a grim look of shock on her face.

"Destroy this place? This beautiful starlit forest? Good Gods no, I could not do something as cruel as that, not to this..."

There she stood, almost lost within the forest like a floating piece of debris in the depths of space. All too quickly did she find herself crashing to Earth though, and her mind back in the present.

"Ah, I apologize, I was being distant again. My Dryad sisters and I would humbly accept friendship between us. I am confident many of us would have interest in staying here, myself included."

Sephyrdiam - Now For a Leader...

Looking above the new Dryad homeland, a place of pristine forestland with denizens of wood living inside, Sephyrdiam was pleased at their progress. However... he felt as if he had neglected the existence of his Czar, the beastmen of the world's northern regions. For too long have they lived devoid of their deity's Guidance, something which was soon to change.

Amidst the heart of the Czar's tribal regions, Sephyrdiam's power began to stir; the Czar were drawn to its natural lure as soon as they felt the power brush through their fur. Even the Old, great first Czar stepped forth, taking with him his beloved Lycanthrope and their many, many children. As soon as they arrived upon the place of collected power, green energies rippled across the land, as roots and leaves collected and gathered, compressing and forming a figure. Like Sephyrdiam he was robed in leaves, but of a rich dark green shade. Not only was there a coloration difference, but the figure seemed to be made entirely of leaves, save for his limbs underneath which were composed of gnarled wood and a pair of great branches resembling horns, forming something akin to a crown upon its head. The figure stood forth, floating slightly in the air, smiling with a great beard of leaves.

"I am the Green Man! I am Lord Sephyrdiam's will embodied!"

The very winds quivered slightly, feeling waves of power emanated from this figure. They knew that his commanding voice was true, and that his word was Sephyrdiam's direct conduit. All the Czar there knelt before Sephyrdiam's embodiment, even did the red-grey furred Czar who lead their people.

"Come come now, I am not royalty, and I would not expect to be treated as such. I am a jolly fellow! Come with me, sing, dance, and make merry! To lands I will lead you both fair and green, lands with a new life of our Gods' power! There you shall meet and make merry with this new life of Sephyrdiam's his Dryads!"

The Czar were not expecting such words from a being such as this, but nevertheless were enthusiastic about the attention they were receiving from Sephyrdiam. It would take them several days packing to make the journey, but they would soon find themselves in the tranquil forest of the Dryads, with whom they would align under their Gods' new face of leadership.

Before the Czar made their trek, the Green Man drifted into the wind, performing a similar act of calling, summoning the attention of the Dryad Sisterhood. There the plant people gathered, but most importantly the first four Dryads, who were the effective leaders of their sisters with an Emerald Council composed of these first four. Soon too did the Green Man form himself in front of them, and they unlike the Czar knelt almost immediately. Having been formed most recently, they easily recognized the tendrils of Sephyrdiam's divine spark within him.

"Please, stand, and make merry my woodkin! I am the Green Man, and I bring great company with me. Make haste, fair damsels, for the first of Sephyrdiam's peoples come to meet, greet, and make festivities upon the Conch! He wills it, and it shall be so! I leave you now ladies for I must see that their venture is safe. Make us feel welcome, for the Czar cometh!"

And with that, the Green Man disperses into the wind, just as Sephyrdiam does, returning to the beastmen to see them safe across this journey.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 3 [rollover]

AP 0=3-3 Create Avatar: The Green Man
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-05-04 at 04:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

The Dragon King Returns

For ages, Asmar had been absent. His children, the Great and Powerful Prismatic Dragons, had gone into seclusion, hiding from the world. Among the stars, Asmar had slept, until now.

The great dragon opened his eye, breathing once more. A wisp of energy fled from his form, forming into a great comet that hurtled towards the world below. The twin-tailed comet blazed in the skies above the world, never seeming to crash, nor leave the skies. Around the world, fire became more vibrant, and magic of all kinds harder to control. But none could find any source for these happenings. Indeed, not even the gods themselves could see that Asmar had awoken again. All they knew, was that a great twin-tailed comet had come from the stars, and was now circling the world.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm baaaaack
    20 AP - 2 AP = 18 AP
    1 AP Intervene: Create the Twin-Tailed Comet and destabilize magic of all kinds.
    1 AP Intervene: Hide Asmar's awakening and his part in creating the comet.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as the angel put the power in the box, the comet appeared. She whirled up into the air and sped towards it. "Pretty", she breathed in awe.

Spoiler
    Show

6 AP/1 PAP
    -1 AP to Nysv
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

"I stand witness that you have paid your dues as agreed to in the contract."
    Says the Creepy Masked Girl as she closes the chest, and turns around and presents it to Nysv.

With one of its tendrils, the god of Shadows opens the box and taking the Lonely' Angel's shred of divine power, opens its torso in a maw like shape and swallows it.

As soon as it does, all of a sudden Nysv's body begins to spasm violently, the shadows seemingly trying to consume the entire temple as Nysv's body begins to rapidly expand before Nysv is able to control it, and the shadows retreat into Nysv's body.

However the god of Shadows now seems to have grown larger, its entire body now dripping pure darkness and its voice does not from come Nysv, but seems to emanate from any shadow or patch of darkness that is near the god of Shadows.

"That was most enjoyable indeed! Thank you... thank you all for nurturing me."
    Nsyv's voice comes from the shadows around the temple as it can be heard chuckling.

Watching as the Lonely Angels leaves, the god of Shadows can only say "Godlings... barley any patience."

As Nysv and the Creepy Masked Girl melts into the darkness it turns to Kansheri and says "As has been agreed, a culprit shall be delivered to you."

The Creepy Masked Girl heads to the mortal plane, to investigate the scene of the massacre, but not before appearing in front of Artoran and handing him a message which read

Spoiler
    Show

The Darkness wishes to see you at the Spire of Blood Contracts to discuss some important issues regarding your agreement.

Do not keep it waiting.

Nysv would be waiting for Artoran as the letter said at its Spire.

Spoiler
    Show

AP2+1 (From the Lonely Angel)
    PAP3
    Shadow Domain:Charged
    Assassination Domain Charged
    Combat Domain:Charged

AP2= 3-1 (Use 1PAP + the Lonely Angel's AP) Gain Divine Level to 8
    Actions done:

2AP: Voidcloak
    1AP: Contest Shadow Domain
    1AP: 1st Shadow Tendril
    2AP: 2nd Shadow Tendril

Total AP:6

PAP1= 3-2 Gain Divine Level to 9
    1AP: El-Caran Utility artifact
    1AP: Created the Grand Caliphate
    2AP: 3rd Shadow Tendril
    2AP: 4th Shadow Tendril

Nysv gains 2 Striker Levels, bringing it to Level 9 Striker

Nysv's total Combat Aid Modifier is 7.5 (and 8.5 if on a home plane.)
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-05-05 at 02:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

Arbora - Twilight Forest

The young dryad looked at her with a grim look of shock on her face.

"Destroy this place? This beautiful starlit forest? Good Gods no, I could not do something as cruel as that, not to this..."

There she stood, almost lost within the forest like a floating piece of debris in the depths of space. All too quickly did she find herself crashing to Earth though, and her mind back in the present.

"Ah, I apologize, I was being distant again. My Dryad sisters and I would humbly accept friendship between us. I am confident many of us would have interest in staying here, myself included."
    Twilight Sparkle - Twilight Forest

Spoiler
    Show
    forum error ate the post last night and I didn't notice until this morning. You're getting the short version now, sorry.

"That sounds like a wonderful thing! I'm sure you and I will be the best of friends."

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Upon seeing the twin-tailed comet and its effects, Arziak howls in rage. Holding up his Staff of Supremacy, he begins swinging and hurling it for a long while, sparks flying from the tip when he strikes something, though in the end, the Lunar Temple is unharmed. Whatever fool chose to corrupt my gifts, know that you are no friend of the Archmage! Pointing toward the world, Arziak's hand glows violet as a ray of divine energy strikes out toward the twin isles, a barrier of shimmering force surrounding them. These you may not have!

Spoiler
    Show

Ap2 (2-0, Wizardry domain discount)
    Intervene: Magic is stable within the Twin Isles.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Nysv, the Moon

"I stand witness that you have paid your dues as agreed to in the contract."
    Says the Creepy Masked Girl as she closes the chest, and turns around and presents it to Nysv.

With one of its tendrils, the god of Shadows opens the box and taking the Lonely' Angel's shred of divine power, opens its torso in a maw like shape and swallows it.

As soon as it does, all of a sudden Nysv's body begins to spasm violently, the shadows seemingly trying to consume the entire temple as Nysv's body begins to rapidly expand before Nysv is able to control it, and the shadows retreat into Nysv's body.

However the god of Shadows now seems to have grown larger, its entire body now dripping pure darkness and its voice does not from come Nysv, but seems to emanate from any shadow or patch of darkness that is near the god of Shadows.

"That was most enjoyable indeed! Thank you... thank you all for nurturing me."
    Nsyv's voice comes from the shadows around the temple as it can be heard chuckling.

Watching as the Lonely Angels leaves, the god of Shadows can only say "Godlings... barley any patience."

As Nysv and the Creepy Masked Girl melts into the darkness it turns to Kansheri and says "As has been agreed, a culprit shall be delivered to you."

The Creepy Masked Girl heads to the mortal plane, to investigate the scene of the massacre, but not before appearing in front of Artoran and handing him a message which read

Spoiler
    Show

The Darkness wishes to see you at the Spire of Blood Contracts to discuss some important issues regarding your agreement.

Do not keep it waiting.

Nysv would be waiting for Artoran as the letter said at its Spire.

Spoiler
    Show

AP2+1 (From the Lonely Angel)
    PAP3
    Shadow Domain:Charged
    Assassination Domain Charged
    Combat Domain:Charged

AP2= 3-1 (Use 1PAP + the Lonely Angel's AP) Gain Divine Level to 8
    Actions done:

2AP: Voidcloak
    1AP: Contest Shadow Domain
    1AP: 1st Shadow Tendril
    2AP: 2nd Shadow Tendril

PAP1= 3-2 Gain Divine Level to 9
    1AP: El-Caran Utility artifact
    1AP: Created the Grand Caliphate
    2AP: 3rd Shadow Tendril
    2AP: 4th Shadow Tendril

Nysv gains 2 Striker Levels, bringing it to Level 9 Striker

Nysv's total Combat Aid Modifier is 7.5 (and 8.5 if on a home plane.)

Artoran hurries to his ally. "What do you need me for?"

Show

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, Spire of the Blood Contracts

Nysv, turns to Artoran, though its voice seems to be coming from the shadows of the spire itself "Ah! Welcome godling. I wish to congratulate you on your little plan. Indeed it does seem that conflict is brewing and that of course is good for business."

"Which leads me to the reason why I summoned you here. You see... I've been hired by the Lonely Angel and her family to reveal who the culprit is behind this little massacre. In fact... you have managed to anger her and her family so much that they even paid me in advance. Which leads me to this little problem: you see, as a professional, any job I do is by default strictly confidential between the client and I, unless stated otherwise in the contract... as was one of the clauses in the contract signed with the Lonely Angel, and the only reason why I am able to give you this information."

"Now then... my agent is already at the scene of the massacre, gathering clues and evidence. I have no doubt in my mind that she will succeed. However... here is were you come in. I can give you two choices. As you have angered Akna and her family, no doubt that sooner or later, they shall come for you... the question is... shall it be sooner... or later?"

"Allow me to provide them with your name, and I'll make sure that it is given to them just before my deadline is due, giving you enough time to adequately prepare for the conflict you so much wanted. However, if you wish to refuse this, which of course is in your rights as my client, I shall have no choice but to present to the Lonely Angel any evidence collected by my agent as soon as its gathered."

"So what do you say godling? Give me the permission I seek... I will have made my profit... the Lonely Angel will get her name... and you will have the time you need to grow stronger. I dare say its a win-win situation for everyone."

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Nysv, Spire of the Blood Contracts

Nysv, turns to Artoran, though its voice seems to be coming from the shadows of the spire itself "Ah! Welcome godling. I wish to congratulate you on your little plan. Indeed it does seem that conflict is brewing and that of course is good for business."

"Which leads me to the reason why I summoned you here. You see... I've been hired by the Lonely Angel and her family to reveal who the culprit is behind this little massacre. In fact... you have managed to anger her and her family so much that they even paid me in advance. Which leads me to this little problem: you see, as a professional, any job I do is by default strictly confidential between the client and I, unless stated otherwise in the contract... as was one of the clauses in the contract signed with the Lonely Angel, and the only reason why I am able to give you this information."

"Now then... my agent is already at the scene of the massacre, gathering clues and evidence. I have no doubt in my mind that she will succeed. However... here is were you come in. I can give you two choices. As you have angered Akna and her family, no doubt that sooner or later, they shall come for you... the question is... shall it be sooner... or later?"

"Allow me to provide them with your name, and I'll make sure that it is given to them just before my deadline is due, giving you enough time to adequately prepare for the conflict you so much wanted. However, if you wish to refuse this, which of course is in your rights as my client, I shall have no choice but to present to the Lonely Angel any evidence collected by my agent as soon as its gathered."

"So what do you say godling? Give me the permission I seek... I will have made my profit... the Lonely Angel will get her name... and you will have the time you need to grow stronger. I dare say its a win-win situation for everyone."

At this Artoran grins evilly. "Yes, tell them it was me mother. But don't say it was I who pushed them directly. I've made a race below, the Warmongers, that could drive somebody mad and force them to kill a queen. Draw the blame to my creation, not to me myself. They'll annihilate them, to be sure, but I'll survive. I'll be safe," he says, grinning at his own cleverness. "You wouldn't be lying per say, maybe just, stretching the truth. Let them draw their own conlcusions," he says. "Let them punsih my race with their power."

"If that is all that I am needed for, I'll take my leave," he says, preparing to leave.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, Spire of Blood Contracts

Chuckling can be heard from the shadows "Very good godling! You are learning. You may show the brashness of the Light, but the cunning Darkness is indeed within you. I like the way you think."

"Very well then. As you have given me permission to reveal your name, so I in return shall stall, remaining within the time limit given to me. I would suggest that you use this time wisely to prepare yourself... and of course come up with a back up plan, should things not proceed the way you have foreseen. Farewell godling."

With that Nysv melts into the shadows, and goes off to its vault in order to place the latest contract that has been signed.