New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default And There Came A Day...

OOC Thread

---

Mass confusion swirls in Signal city square, gripping the masses of civilian’s just minutes before going around their daily business. Police sirens screech through the noonday sky, audible even over the din of panic. From all corners of the city the SCPD mobilize, red alert, maximum danger, all personnel needed.
    The panic has attracted more than just the news, however. Each of you has noticed the ruckus, and decided to follow the trail. Following the fleeing masses backwards reveals a trail of destruction, of broken windows, smashed up streets and cars tossed aside, all leading to the signal city capital bank.
    Coming into the sight of the bank, the number of civilians thins and the number of officers increases. All around the area are police barricades, officers armed and ready, and a number injured. A quick look beyond the barricades reveals a mass of semi-uniformed men, armed similarly to the officers – their attire distinct enough to recognize one another, non-descript enough to fade into the crowd.
    The leader of the officers on the scene sees each of you arriving and nods you through, with a grave expression and not a word, before gesturing to a pool of inky blackness around the bank; this is obviously more than just a well-armed group of thugs.
    Each of you arrives, either by your selves or in groups, from all directions.
    Another day in signal city

---

Right, so, lets get started. Sorry for throwing you all into combat from the offset, but, well, not really :p
    Last edited by BlackestOfMages; 2013-03-11 at 03:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: And There Came A Day...

When directed to the site command officer I'll approach him

Good afternoon sir, My name is Wraith, I'm here to assist, please ensure any civilians are far enough away. If that blot expands, please make sure your men keep a safe distance, no telling what properties that mass has...

Do the semi-uniformed men look like SWAT or some other police force?

3. - Top - End - #3

BlueKnightGuy

The attacked look nothing like any swat force you've seen. their outfits seem to consits of a black hooded coat or jumper and a pair of loose slacks, also black, though you can see, due to outlines and tears, that they're wearing some sort of body armour underneath.

you can just make out a small red emblem on each of them, though due to movement you can;t make out much detail

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the massive disruption , and of course practically obligated to investigate out of at least curiosity, Proteus wastes little time heading to the source. Trying to stay out of sight, he arrives via underground, finding his way using the oh-so obvious vibrations of people running away.Slinking out the ground in his typical "work guise", he finds his way in to get a peak at things. As concise as normal "Sitrep?".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

In one of the numerous dark and dirty alleys of Signal City, Sir Ulryn knelt in silent prayer. Asking his God to return him home, as he had every day. He had barely finished when he heard the sirens blare past and the din of fearful commotion rose in the air.

Without a word, Ulryn stood up and started to strap on the armor he kept hidden. If he was stuck in this Godforsaken place he would at least be useful.
    A moment later Ulryn walked out of the alley, as he belted his sheathe to his hip.

Reaching the officers Ulryn slammed a gauntlet-ed fist into his breastplate and bows his head to the officer in command. "I am here to offer you my service." Silently the officer nods him through, "Danke -uhh- thank you." He mumbles as he walks toward the blackness and draws his sword.

6. - Top - End - #6

MindFlayer

Are there any windows on the side of the building that I can look in? (Keeping in mind I have Darkvision)

I'm guessing those aren't your men in front there, correct officer?
    Last edited by Brox; 2013-03-11 at 10:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

When Avalon sighted the disturbance on one of his flying patrols, he made his way at speed to the scene, landing amidst the police and heroes assembled. He quickly scanned the bank, peering at it with his enhanced eyesight in hopes of penetrating the obscuring field.

Whether or not he could, he looked to the officer in command with a confident grin. "Phoenix Knight reporting for duty. What do we got? Have we established whether or not we can move through that thing?" He'd wait a solid second and a half for an answer before starting towards the field.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aww, come on, nothing this fanciful ever happens when I get good powers, is non-aquatic travel too much to ask when faced with a... Big dark blob thing?" Roulette mutters under his breath as he approaches the bank, stopping just behind the barricades, trying to see if he can detect anything inside the darkness, "Though, I do suppose sonar has it's uses, as does not needing to breathe "

Huh, quite a few heroes showing up already, maybe I won't have to help after all

Spoiler
    Show

Also, not his best day for hero-ing powers, so he's currently in civies, though it shouldn't take long to swap out, he wears his costume under his clothes, with his mask kept in a pocket on the inside of the armoured vest
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

9. - Top - End - #9

BlueKnightGuy

The sergeant notes your arrival before answering your questions. "Glad to have some of Signal's champions show up to help, this is beyond us. As far as I can tell, we're under attack by some sort of metahuman, and he brought an army. I don't know much details beside this goons are well trained and well armed.
    as to that... bubble thing, we know it's possible to enter it, but every officer who's tried to pass through has vanished.
    What confuses me most is that the attackers made it clear they have hostages, but have yet to make any demands or the like.
    so far there have been two rush attempts by the criminal forces to break this barricade, but they've felt almost half-hearted. As for us, we've been holding our position waiting for any hostage demands for the captured bank staff"

Wraith attunes his eyes to the orb of blackness. within he can make out a number of moving figures, dressed simmilarly to the thugs, as well as a number of police officers kneeling on the ground. The door to the vault is wide open. before your eyes, one of the thugs, carrying a sack of stolen money, vanishes in a puff of smoke. You can't see any of the bank staff, only men in uniform of one sort or another.
    for the layout of the building, he can make out the wide front entrance and a glass window to the side. he can also see a smaller window on the second floor.

10. - Top - End - #10

MindFlayer

Officer, your men are held hostage, surrounded by a group of thugs. Whoever it was that came for the money has already teleported out on a puff of smoke. At least we can save this hostage situation. [to the rest of the heroes arriving] If you lot would care for a frontal assault we may be able to get some inside with me. Are any of you good with fighting in the dark?

I'll draw the goggles down over my eyes. I don't want the darkness going away without me being ready.
    Last edited by Brox; 2013-03-12 at 05:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Avalon halted his approach as hostages were mentioned. That meant, a bit more preparation and consideration was required.

Sigh.

He frowned darkly when Wraith pointed out the captured officers. "I'm a big fan of frontal assaults," he said. "And yeah, fighting in the dark shouldn't be a problem. In fact...I should be able deal with the darkness and draw enough enemy fire to minimize risk to the hostages."
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"I would not shy away from a frontal assault, but would they not murder the captured if we attempt to do so?" Ulryn shook his head. "Would it not be more prudent to try a non-violent method of distraction? Perhaps a show that they are no longer facing mere guards. Claim we know that their master has left them there and taken their plunder with him. Offer them terms of surrender and waste their time until you can get into position to defend the captured when hostilities commence."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Unless, of course, they kill the hostages the second they see you, then fight you. I'd rather relish in an immunity to small arms fire as well, but it looks like a more...subtle approach will be required.Know of anyway to kill your lights?."
    Practicing what he preaches, he seems to fade out of sight as he slinks into the ground, ready to begin the search. First hostages, then bad guys.

Mutations use:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Monstrous Bullete Form:7 points
    Decreasing con and strength by 5, increasing dex by 3:-7 points (new stats:10,10,18
    Hunter from the Pit:12 points (see sub-spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sometimes, there are times when even the hardest of hunters have to hide their faces. You've looked at pretty much all ways an average human can be shown, and have learned to snuff out your own signs when the need be as long as you keep yourself moving steady.
    Concealment 10: All non-tactile senses.
    Mods:Blending(-1)
    Feats:Selective, Close Range
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2013-03-12 at 07:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Eh, I was kinda figuring, fly in, throw up enough of a light show that anyone not shooting at me can't see where to shoot, and just throw myself in the way of any bullets still managing to go in a useful direction. I don't really do subtle..."

"But I mean sure, if you guys want to give stealth a try or something, I can heal up the injured out here unless - or, let's be honest here, until - things do turn violent."

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"First, if we are to work together we must learn what each of us can do. There is no way to make an effective plan otherwise. I am Sir Ulryn." He places his hand upon his sword. "Trained knight, I hold a magic sword and shield." He turns to Wraith, "And you, have some ability to see through walls?"
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-03-12 at 08:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

MindFlayer

@Avalon

I need that Darkness to teleport into the room. Once we're in you can eliminate the darkness, that should hopefully disorient them. I can take some with me so we hit them from two sides, pick your targets wisely and incapacitate the left side as you enter, the hostages are kneeling on the ground surrounded by hostiles. I'll take the knight with me, and we will likewise concentrate on the left side. We will be facing you, so we wont overlap on targets

@Ulryn
    Good to meet you Ulryn, you all may call me Wraith. I teleport, I'm a master of Darkness, and I have a couple of extra tricks you may appreciate.

@all
    For instance...if you wish to see the inside, let me show you...

The inside of a squad car should suffice for my needs. I'll invoke my ESP ability using the native shadows of the inside of a squad car. I use shadow as a medium, so the others should be able to observe as well (unless you say otherwise) as if the shadows were a viewing screen. My ESP has visual and audio capabilities.

I wave my hand over the open window of the squad car, as if polishing glass that isn't there. Slowly, an image appears in the dark, the inside of the bank, clearly illustrating where the hostages are and where the thugs are located. The image is oriented as if we were standing in front of the bank looking in.
    Last edited by Brox; 2013-03-12 at 09:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like a plan to me," Avalon agreed. "I'm Avalon Sommerson, Phoenix Knight. I'm basically what you get when you put the medic in charge of the heavy artillery."

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

His jetpack secure, the good doctor hovers down to ground level. He begins, after nodding to the police and trying to smile for the benefit of the uncomfortable, with analyzing the blackness with his extra-sensory information.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Does he see anything? Hear anything? He can see and hear above and below normal human spectrum to remind you, and would know exact dimensions, angles and auditory ranges (only needed if they're necessary to the solution).

He also accesses his brain box, instantly flooding his mind with minutiae on several subjects, which he thankfully already is well-read enough to grasp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pick up to four knowledge skills that are appropriate to this, they all are the same bonus

#1:(1d20+19)[29]
    #2:(1d20+19)[22]
    #3:(1d20+19)[32]
    #4:(1d20+19)[26]

Finally, he turns to the group.

"Hello everyone. Can anyone give me context I might be missing?"
    Last edited by Sir_Chivalry; 2013-03-13 at 08:10 AM.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, this is awkward, I really should have considered how I'd change clothes before I pushed my way to the front of a crowd, now, how to go about changing...

With a sudden burst of inspiration, he decides to attempt to create a thick, icy mist by spreading his ice creation thinly enough that it allows the easy movement of a costume change, but thick enough that it conceals it.

Well, I suppose my enhanced luckiness wasn't working properly, who would have thought that I'd happen across a crime on my gambling day

After a successful change, Roulette approaches the group, "Sorry I'm late, I was caught out of costume, I'm sure... some of you must know how that is, anyway, what's the plan?"

Spoiler
    Show

I have hero points right? Using one to give me an Alternate Power, for the concealment effect of the mist

edit: I just realised I don't need to ignore the fatigue, so I'm just Extra Effort-ing a Power Stunt, so, I'm fatigued
    Last edited by HopeHubris; 2013-03-13 at 07:28 PM.
    Show

Former Characters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

A knight! Ulryn was grinning beneath his helmet. He had worried that the old orders had all been destroyed, but as long as there was at least one knight remaining there must be some hope. Once this battle was over he must question this Avalon.

Ulryn nods in agreement as Wraith finished speaking. "It seems a sound plan.." Noticing the new arrivals he waves to the flying man and the one who came from the mist.

"Greetings," Ulryn nods his head in respect. "Brigands have several captives within that building and are threatening to execute them. The one called Wraith believes he can teleport several of us into their midst so we can protect the hostages in wake of a more direct assault that was to be lead by the Phoenix Knight. We would be most obliged for your assistance in this matter. Personally, I believe we should divide the parties favoring those that are teleporting inside, so 3 are brought inside, 2 attacking the outside. It is likely to be the most directly dangerous, and we can use all the help protecting the innocent inside. What abilities do you two possess that could be of use in this situation?"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

"I can't teleport, but I can sneak hidden in the walls for now.I'll head inside.That leaves me, Wraith, and one other person if any of you want to head in. Can't get too inside-heavy, or the can flee. can't get too outside heavy, or we can't get the Hostages in time."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, right now, I can stretch myself around as many of the hostages as I can, for today, I'm bullet-proof, so assuming they have nothing bigger, that should protect them well enough apart from that, I can make ice and swim real fast, so nothing too useful, also, hey, I'm Roulette, nice to meet ya"
    Show

Former Characters

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

"Well there you go then! If you two can get Roulette into position before they notice, he can keep the hostages safe, and from there it's basically just a matter of how fast they throw their weapons down in abject surrender!" Avalon suggested with his usual complete confidence.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, seems like a solid plan. Get in, have Roulette protect them while we get them out. You wouldn't happen to be one of those 'porters who can drag people with them, would you?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can analyze anything I sense. And I have my brain box, which taps me into knowledge no one mind can contain. Other than that . . . I got a sort of ray gun."
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

26. - Top - End - #26

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    "Yeah, seems like a solid plan. Get in, have Roulette protect them while we get them out. You wouldn't happen to be one of those 'porters who can drag people with them, would you?"
    I haven't tested the outside limit of my capacity, but I am confident two or three plus myself shouldn't be an issue

(Waiting on a reply regarding my use of ESP)
    Last edited by Brox; 2013-03-13 at 10:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

A loud roar streaks across the sky as Titan flies past. A police radio tranciever buzzes to life.
    "Did anyone order a round of coffee."
    Titan drops to the ground quickly. However slows down an instant before hitting the ground. The blue and black chrome of his suit glinted in the sunlight. In his hands were some metallic looking canteens. There was enough for most of the police officers and superheroes in the vicinity. Titan left the canteens somewhere safe and approached the leader.
    "Good day officer. I brought some moral support for the boys. I could do a pizza run if you want. I was hoping for a little more action though."
    Hostage situations were always tricky.
    Last edited by Sir_Gabes; 2013-03-14 at 01:05 AM.
    Amazing profile picture drawn by my wife.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"O.k, so now that we got things sorted out there, let's start things up.Grab him and start your process. My travel isn't instant, so I'll start moving now." And then, swimming through the earth like a fish, he heads forth attempting to go by memory of what he saw from the shadow-view that guy just did, though his extra new sense will be of some help. Once found, he emerges, cloaked to the normal senses to check out the situation more closely, how many hostages compared the guards will he have to deal with anyway?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I'm ready and waiting for a 'porting" Roulette chuckles to himself while stretching his fingers out to a foot each, then tying and untying them in and out of knots, "Sounds like fun, never been a porta-passenger before"
    Show

Former Characters

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Well met," Ulryn says to Titan as he flies in. "We were about to attack the captives on two fronts, directly and teleporting in to protect the unarmed." He turns to Behulda. "Though I do not doubt your ability at stealth, I am curious how you are planning on moving past the darkness that, the officer claims, makes all who enter it disappear."
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-03-14 at 08:17 AM.