New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Kel sighs and then whispers to the dwarf, Did you happen to prepare calm emotions today? He currently is the one who knows the most about this Cruorin character. It would be great if he wasn't blinded by anger.

Kel turns around addressing the entire room he speaks in a deep commanding voice, Lets for the moment assume that this divination is correct and the murderer is currently in the Market Place. We currently know that he is untraceable if he wants to be so our best bet is to find something he wants. In this case its you Kel points to Tarkimos I will assume you two have been hunting each other for a bit now. I have a plan then to smoke this murderer out of hiding fast. First, I shall take the shape of Tarkimos and wander into the center of the market place. The rest of you shall follow me but not in an obvious manner, spread out and if you know different directions come in from those directions. Tarkimos I need you to follow me the closest since you know what he looks like, though you will need to wear a heavy cloak or something else to conceal your identity so this Cruorin does not attack you first. I shall wait near the marketplace for five minutes or until Tarkimos can spot Cruorin. After that point I shall scream and "Challenge" Cruorin to show himself. If he has a similar temper to Tarkimos he shall rush me with very little forethought.

After this I believe all of us should be more than enough to subdue him and make him stand justice for his crimes against Dagoc and any other innocents he shall slay. He is more than likely very dangerous and as such use extreme force, though if you see an opening to take him alive do so.

Any problems with this plan? The only flaw I can see is we have a wild card running about. Lyral. Hopefully he will not manage to find the murderer and engage on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah, somewhat cowed by Tarmikos' rage, backs out of the bar and begins to cast magic to find this 'Cruorin.' He feels as if he should know the name, but fails to recall anything at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Arcane Eye and having it fly in the direction of the marketplace, halting when it reaches there to begin to search more carefully.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    Jorah, somewhat cowed by Tarmikos' rage, backs out of the bar and begins to cast magic to find this 'Cruorin.' He feels as if he should know the name, but fails to recall anything at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Arcane Eye and having it fly in the direction of the marketplace, halting when it reaches there to begin to search more carefully.
    You see a large number of people milling around in the market square. Finding someone in this mess would be quite hard indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    After nodding to the citizen in thanks, Lyral makes his way through the streets of Cleveport, towards the inn at the center of town. Stopping outside the front doors, he surveys the scene, looking for anything unusual.
    Just then, you notice something. A smell... one you were tracking before...

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral, determined not to be outrun by the fateful news, makes his way into the tavern, directing himself to the bar. He smiles disarmingly at the bartender.
    "Hello. Dagoc, from the Mongoose at the south end of town, he sent me out to fetch someone. I'm looking for a traveler. He is human. Relatively tall, yet light build. Fair skin, and waist-length silver hair. Does that ring any bells?" He addresses the entire bar now, his voice somewhat raised. As he speaks, he slides two pieces of platinum onto the bar, an offer for anyone who can give him information.

He stops for a moment, halting in his tracks. His nostrils flare alarmingly, and a slow, sly smile creeps over his face.
    He's here. Moving quickly now, he examines the other patrons more closely, as well as taking pains to get good glances out the windows at the street.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-13 at 03:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Upon hearing that this man is in the Market place Halaza heads to the door.
    Tarmikos' ramblings have pusher her past caring for him.

Bolt your stables and meet me in the market place
    The guards will chase me... Oh..
    Indeed...Search for the evil bastard who did this.

Halaza and Jesskya both head towards the market place, Halaza using Detect Dragons out to 60ft and Jesskya using Detect evil.

The hunt is on.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyral, determined not to be outrun by the fateful news, makes his way into the tavern, directing himself to the bar. He smiles disarmingly at the bartender.
    "Hello. Dagoc, from the Mongoose at the south end of town, he sent me out to fetch someone. I'm looking for a traveler. He is human. Relatively tall, yet light build. Fair skin, and waist-length silver hair. Does that ring any bells?" He addresses the entire bar now, his voice somewhat raised. As he speaks, he slides two pieces of platinum onto the bar, an offer for anyone who can give him information.

He stops for a moment, halting in his tracks. His nostrils flare alarmingly, and a slow, sly smile creeps over his face.
    He's here. Moving quickly now, he examines the other patrons more closely, as well as taking pains to get good glances out the windows at the street.
    The smell doesn't seem to be inside the tavern, just the path outside. No one seems to know who you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Upon hearing that this man is in the Market place Halaza heads to the door.
    Tarmikos' ramblings have pusher her past caring for him.

Bolt your stables and meet me in the market place
    The guards will chase me... Oh..
    Indeed...Search for the evil bastard who did this.

Halaza and Jesskya both head towards the market place, Halaza using Detect Dragons out to 60ft and Jesskya using Detect evil.

The hunt is on.
    As you move north, you walk past a tavern. You see Lyral inside, and detect someone of dragon blood about 50ft up the street (east) from the tavern.

EDIT: Back at the Mongoose, Latinskel returns, bringing yet another cleric (Elf female) to the scene. She starts to move the body to bring the two parts together.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-13 at 03:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    The smell doesn't seem to be inside the tavern, just the path outside. No one seems to know who you are talking about.
    Lyral has no time to waste on bystanders.
    Damn. Well, let's see how far I can follow this trail for, hmm? He leaves the same way he came in, after nodding goodbye to the other patrons. Finding himself in the middle of the street, the hunter tries to pick up the same scent as before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival: (1d20+16)[22]

EDIT: Oh, come on! First an 8, and now a 6? This dice roller really hates me.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-13 at 03:38 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

“How can you –not- know about him!?” Tarmikos asks, rising to his feet. Still visibly possessed by his anger, he turns to Kel. “And don’t bother with that spell. I know I’m enraged, but I’m not going to let that interfere with me.”

His breathing labored, fighting to tame himself, Tarmikos continues. “He hasn’t been hunting me. I’ve been looking for him. Just getting back onto his trail has taken a chapter of my life. And he isn’t as short tempered as me. He's cold, ruthless, and calculating. A killer without mercy.”

A look of disgust takes over Tarmikos’ expression. “I have no problem helping with this plan, but I’d never condone you taking my place. I’ve fought this battle for a significant part of my life, struggling to save everyone I could. I’d cut my throat before I’d allow someone to directly risk themselves in a way I myself should be doing." He pauses. “I don’t think he’d take such a risk anyway… he’s too smart for that.... but without a better idea, I’m at least willing to try….”

"I don’t understand why Dagoc was even killed… Cruorin should have been able to find me if he truly wanted to… Merely surprised that I’m alive is the only idea that comes to mind.”

Thinking for a moment, Tarmikos continues. “No one should be traveling alone. Not anymore. Who knows who might be helping him right now… And I wouldn't chance being surprised by him. We should find Lyral, and Zrehka. I fear for both of them by themselves…”

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Realizing how many people there are in the market place, Jorah stops concentrating and returns to reality, only to see that Halaza has left. He turns into the bar and shouts, "It looks like planning is out the window. Everyone interested in finding this man, come on!" Without waiting to see who responds, Jorah turns around and begins running in the direction Halaza had left, hoping to stop her from doing anything too reckless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited to not specifically mention the market square.
    Last edited by Shazek; 2012-03-13 at 03:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"WAIT!" Tarmikos yells out. "Rushing out alone will only leave you a bigger target! We can't be reckless!"

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Ive got him... Where are you?

Halaza keeps the Dragonkin in view, moving within 30ft but staying as inconspicuous as possible.
    If he begins to flee she will chase after him.

I need you to detect to see if he is evil Jesskya, where are you...

*She can see how he looks through my eyes*
    He might have his alignment concealed if he is an assasin.
    We may have to do this the hard way...

Spoiler
    Show
    If Lyral walks near her she will whisper that there is a Dragon her and it might be the assasin.
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-03-13 at 03:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyral has no time to waste on bystanders.
    Damn. Well, let's see how far I can follow this trail for, hmm? He leaves the same way he came in, after nodding goodbye to the other patrons. Finding himself in the middle of the street, the hunter tries to pick up the same scent as before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival: [roll0]

EDIT: Oh, come on! First an 8, and now a 6? This dice roller really hates me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look on the bright side, you have the Paladin with Dragon-dar right outside up the street from the Tavern.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-13 at 03:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah, if he even hears Tarmikos, ignores him, continuing running.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Kel visibily enraged at the two just rushing out cries out, Dammit! We need to be calm for this! Rushing out won't do anything. Kel turns to Tarkimos, This is why I volunteered to take your place, I am much more likely to survive an ambush then you. The gods have blessed my body with an abundance of positive energy and wounds that appear on my quickly knit overtime. To demonstrate he unsheathes his blade and places a semi deep wound on his hand, the flesh knits and repairs itself within seconds. Though at this point we need to stop Hazala and Jorah from simply scaring Cruorin away. With that Kel and Silvan fly out the door. Everyone follow me now! Tarkimos give me a basic description of Cruorin, I am much likely faster in the air than he is on the ground. If I spot someone who looks like you I will attempt to immobilize him until you can confirm his identity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dealt minimum damage with a great sword (2) and then fast healed it.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-03-13 at 04:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral watches Halaza approaching, and follows her gaze up the street, to what looks to be the Dragonborn. He walks calmly towards her, his outer serenity belying the tension he feels, the taut stretching that always precedes the kill.
    "Do you see him?" He keeps his voice low.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Yes... hes over there... Damnit...
    Halaza is not used to stalking prey with company...
    Yes, that one there... She points out the man.
    I am waiting for Jesskya.

Spoiler
    Show
    Btw does he have silverhair?
    Sorta important and I forgot to ask! :O

If Lyral opens his mouth to ask who Jesskya is Halaza will quietly cut him off and continue with.
    You will see, watch him... I am slow if he makes a break for it.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

As the bar erupts into chaos with people dashing every which way, I realise I've heard the name of the man we seek before.

"Wait, the man you seek is Cruorin? The one who sank the Amethyst? By the gods, he's killed thousands! He's evaded justice for years - if we have his location we cannot risk his escaping again! If the others tip him off, it'll take all of us to prevent his escape.

To the market! Go! I'll get Zrekha, we'll catch up!"

I'm finally spurred into action, only pausing to secure my veil in place before running back to the inn. It doesn't take me long to find Zrekha.

"Zhrekha! We've got a trace on the killer! Come quick!"

I wait to see if she follows, before dashing off in the direction of the market. As I get there I search for a secluded and elevated position from which to scan the crowd for my allies and our quarry. I scale the side of a low building and slink into the shadows by a chimney, drawing my bow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+20)[22]
    Spot: Take 20 with a -2 modifier.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Colossus in the Playground

As her name is called, Zrekha looks up from her seat, having been sitting down and watching the people walk around like headless goblins. An awfully strange sight outside of wilderness. And who was this killer person? Was it Lyral? He certainly seemed like the kind who would hide just to see if anyone could find him, like so many small children she met as she guarded the Scarlet Sorcerers...

The half-orc gets to her feet and runs after the elven-looking woman, wrapping entropic energies around herself and a shield of force as she darts off at high speed to follow Lia, climbing alongside her up the rooftop, drawing a Wand of True Srike as she climbs. She stands prepared by the bow-drawing woman, prepared to cast with the wand on the archer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Invoking Entropic Ward. Climbing like a spider with Spiderwalk!

Readied Action to Use Magic Device: Wand of True Strike on Lia. Taking 10 for a cool 23 auto-succeed.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2012-03-13 at 05:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I don't care how resiliant you are, I'd NEVER have someone else risk themselves in my place! But this isn't the time to argue, you're right. We have to stop them!" Tarmikos responds, running outside of the bar.

"The last time I saw him, he looked a lot like me, baring much longer silver hair that came to his waistline, and a skinnier, slightly shorter build. He wore all black, light armor, though I doubt he'd stick by the same apparel to this day."

"Don't try to fight him by yourself. We have no idea if he has people helping him in the shadows. Keep tabs on him and everyone else. We can't do this independently! That's how the last group I know that challenged him got slaughtered!"

With that, Tarmikos raises his fist into the air and yells "Speed up!". A yellow glow envelops Tarmikos' body for just a moment, before subsiding. Tarmikos looks back into the bar. "Come on, we can worry about the rest later. We've got to get moving, NOW!"

And with that, he takes off, hoping to catch up to an ally.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casted Expeditious Retreat. And yes, that's not the verbal component, but does anyone actually care? Most of my spells are all called out by the basic thing they do, with healing spells being "Heal", and fire spells being "Burn" and such. It seems appropriate.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

With that Kel takes off to the market place, flying just barely over the ground to avoid needless attention, Silvan does the same. He looks around trying to spot anyone that fits Tarkimos's description.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 first with a cursory glane, then taking 20 if he doesn't see anyone by taking 10. +18 Bonus on Spot.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

"It looks like planning is out the window. Everyone interested in finding this man, come on!"
    Come on, Imaran, I'm curious what kind of man or creature could have done this work. It couldn't have have been a massive creature, as someone would have noticed and the creature probably would not have been able to fit in the door... he trailed off as he followed Jorah out the door.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Realizing that as is, his speed may be insufficient, shortly after leaving the bar Jorah casts a spell on himself to run more quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Expeditious Retreat

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Yes... hes over there... Damnit...
    Halaza is not used to stalking prey with company...
    Yes, that one there... She points out the man.
    I am waiting for Jesskya.

Spoiler
    Show
    Btw does he have silverhair?
    Sorta important and I forgot to ask! :O

If Lyral opens his mouth to ask who Jesskya is Halaza will quietly cut him off and continue with.
    You will see, watch him... I am slow if he makes a break for it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, he does.

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Lia

As the bar erupts into chaos with people dashing every which way, I realise I've heard the name of the man we seek before.

"Wait, the man you seek is Cruorin? The one who sank the Amethyst? By the gods, he's killed thousands! He's evaded justice for years - if we have his location we cannot risk his escaping again! If the others tip him off, it'll take all of us to prevent his escape.

To the market! Go! I'll get Zrekha, we'll catch up!"

I'm finally spurred into action, only pausing to secure my veil in place before running back to the inn. It doesn't take me long to find Zrekha.

"Zhrekha! We've got a trace on the killer! Come quick!"

I wait to see if she follows, before dashing off in the direction of the market. As I get there I search for a secluded and elevated position from which to scan the crowd for my allies and our quarry. I scale the side of a low building and slink into the shadows by a chimney, drawing my bow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: [roll0]
    Spot: Take 20 with a -2 modifier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't spot your quarry, but you do spot two others pursuing him. (Halaza and Lyral)

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    With that Kel takes off to the market place, flying just barely over the ground to avoid needless attention, Silvan does the same. He looks around trying to spot anyone that fits Tarkimos's description.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 first with a cursory glane, then taking 20 if he doesn't see anyone by taking 10. +18 Bonus on Spot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't find anyone fitting the description, but you do see Halaza and Lyral.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-13 at 06:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I have to be strong enough this time.... I can't falter, and I can't make mistakes.... No one can die again, not this time. Not on my watch. The killing has to stop!

Spoiler
    Show
    Internal Monologue pretending to be a post. Do I see anyone? Rolling ... a freaking 9... but at least I should have caught up to Jorah soon...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-03-13 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Gotta tone down the Emo...

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral, stands, cautious. He watches the silver-haired man, and begins to walk towards him purposefully, yet unarmed. He maintains a straight back, keeps his head held high, and looks right at his target. However, there is no malice in his face.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-13 at 06:26 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Jessyka bursts into the square, tipping over boxes of fruit and vegetables as she rushes to escape the guards chasing her.

To me Jesskya!
    Halaza grabs Lyral by the arm and gives him a tug to get him to follow her standing she sprints towards the Silverhaired man, Jessyka and the guards right behind her.
    Evil?!?!?
    Yes!

Guards: A speaking horse?

Stop now Dragonblood, you are wanted for the murder of the Mongooses Bartender. Attempt to flee and I will run you through,

she draws her Scimitar asthough to further intimidate him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate:
    (1d20+8)[26]
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-03-13 at 06:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

He draws his scimitar to match. "You think you can?" He then vanishes into a ball of shadow. From a roof behind you, you hear "I'd like to see you try."

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-13 at 06:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

"Moron", says Lyral as he grabs her sword hand from behind, attempting to take it from her. He turns to the dragon-kin.
    "Introductions first. My name is Markas Payne, a fellow hunter. And you are?" The last words are raised, to ensure that Cruorin can hear him on the roof.

Spoiler
    Show
    The disarm attempt in the Dice thread. Halaza can make an attack of opportunity with her scimitar against Lyral if she so desires.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-13 at 06:41 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

"Moron", says Lyral as he grabs her sword hand from behind, attempting to take it from her. He turns to the dragon-kin.
    "Introductions first. My name is Markas Payne, a fellow hunter. And you are?" The last words are raised, to ensure that Cruorin can hear him on the roof.

Spoiler
    Show
    The disarm attempt in the Dice thread. Halaza can make an attack of opportunity with her scimitar against Lyral if she so desires.
    "I'm sure you know who I am... and if you don't, then I'm afraid to say you should get used to disappointment.

Now then, on to important matters..."

He reaches to pull something out of his bag.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Halaza attempt to slap Lyral across the Jaw as he goes to take her weapon, her mercy making her miss him and he deftly siezes the weapon from her hands.

Oh and talking did you so much good huh? Give me back my damn weapon and chase him! We are supposed to be in this together lunatic!