Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 921
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Silva Stormrage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Kel nods to the guard, Fair enough. I shall ask about the incident to Tarkimos, an ally of mine. He knew the most about him. Also here, before I forget. Kel hands the guard a bag with 20 gold pieces It's not a bribe or anything. I just like guards who try to voice opions on how to better the law enforcement. Too many guards I find simply lie around and are nigh useless in bringing criminals to justice. Keep up the good work. I shall wait outside till the chief returns

    With that Kel smiles warmly and walks outside. As he is walking he takes a deep sniff and tries to tell if Curiomn or another one of his flunkies was here recently.


    Survival: Tracking by Scent (1d20+18)[33]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I will receive the letter as soon as I learn if I smell anything of note
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-04-21 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

    My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    qwertyu63's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Half past Crazy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Tarmikos notices Algrith's indications. He fully understands the intent, and agrees with it. But yet, he doesn't turn to leave. Guilt roots his feet to the spot. Knowing the chances of a positive response are incredibly low, Tarmikos speaks.

    "Thank you, Alex...."

    After a pause, he continues, expecting the worst, but merely wanting to ask.

    "Is there anything we can do for you?"
    "N-not really, but t-thanks for asking."

    Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel nods to the guard, Fair enough. I shall ask about the incident to Tarkimos, an ally of mine. He knew the most about him. Also here, before I forget. Kel hands the guard a bag with 20 gold pieces It's not a bribe or anything. I just like guards who try to voice opions on how to better the law enforcement. Too many guards I find simply lie around and are nigh useless in bringing criminals to justice. Keep up the good work. I shall wait outside till the chief returns

    With that Kel smiles warmly and walks outside. As he is walking he takes a deep sniff and tries to tell if Curiomn or another one of his flunkies was here recently.


    Survival: Tracking by Scent (1d20+18)[33]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I will receive the letter as soon as I learn if I smell anything of note
    Spoiler
    Show
    You smell that a great number of people have passed by this location. Due to the great number, you can't pick out any specific scent.
    If one of my table's is borked, PM me.

    "The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

    Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

    My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    "Yes, that's me. Where are we headed?" Lyral takes note of his employer's apparent inexperience and what he was just buying. He also looks around the market warily, on alert for any of the thieves, Cruorin, or those idiot adventurers he had ran into before.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-21 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)
    - As the Worm Turns (Lich / Quake)
    - War Stories (Galad ir'Tanal)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."


    Moving back to school. Posting extremely limited.

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Hazuki's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Zrekha removes the magic ring from the halfling, as well as his bag of poisons. She attaches the latter to her belt, keeping the ring held tightly in the palm of her hand as she heads to the magic store she had been in just recently, purchasing the wand. She enters with a puffed chest, cape billowing behind her in her gleaming armor, holding the ring in the palm of her hand. "I would like this identified."
    Ignore those idiots. They’re trying to confuse you with knowledge and facts. Here is what you need to know…

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    qwertyu63's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Half past Crazy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Zrekha removes the magic ring from the halfling, as well as his bag of poisons. She attaches the latter to her belt, keeping the ring held tightly in the palm of her hand as she heads to the magic store she had been in just recently, purchasing the wand. She enters with a puffed chest, cape billowing behind her in her gleaming armor, holding the ring in the palm of her hand. "I would like this identified."
    After a few minutes of examining it: "That would appear to be a ring that grants immunity to poisons."

    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    "Yes, that's me. Where are we headed?" Lyral takes note of his employer's apparent inexperience and what he was just buying. He also looks around the market warily, on alert for any of the thieves, Cruorin, or those idiot adventurers he had ran into before.
    Osulu says "We are headed to the Arcane Circle, the ruins of an old wizards tower. They're about 5 miles north of the city."
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-21 at 08:46 AM.
    If one of my table's is borked, PM me.

    "The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

    Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

    My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Hazuki's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Zrekha grins as she takes the ring back from the worker of the store, slipping the band onto her ring finger after examining its craftsmanship. "Thank you." She passes the man fifty gold pieces for his time, before leaving the store. With no knowledge of where the people she was with had went, she leaves the store through the market, heading to the first adventurer's guild or merchant caravan she sees.
    Ignore those idiots. They’re trying to confuse you with knowledge and facts. Here is what you need to know…

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Britain, Leeds
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Halaza gives the guard previously holding the dagger a stern look.

    Oright, now are you a guard or not?

    She cuts him off before he can respond...

    And dont lie to me because my Unicorn will be able to tell if your lying!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff roll
    (1d20+2)[13]

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    qwertyu63's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Half past Crazy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Halaza gives the guard previously holding the dagger a stern look.

    Oright, now are you a guard or not?

    She cuts him off before he can respond...

    And dont lie to me because my Unicorn will be able to tell if your lying!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff roll
    [roll0]
    He starts running away.
    If one of my table's is borked, PM me.

    "The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

    Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

    My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    A broken, but still caring smile crosses Tarmikos' lips. "I see. Take care of yourself, Alex."

    With that, he turns to exit the bar, at war with himself to struggle to stay composed.

    "Well guys, I guess we need to track down Latinskel and Ageia next."

    Before he can speak any further, a man runs up to him, brandishing an envelope and waving it in his face. Used to the end of a document carrying more weight than the beginning, Tarmikos immediately skips to the end of the enclosed letter, and after reading backwards a bit, hands the coin provided to the messenger. He then takes another couple of seconds to give the letter a genuine read.

    "Welp, looks like I owe Jorah some thanks. Although I honestly am surprised I missed him moving about somehow..." Tarmikos remarks as he folds the letter up and pockets it. "Any who, looks like we've got to go back to the inn for a bit." He looks at the messenger. "Except for you. Thank you for the delivery, but you should forget us and go right back to work." The messenger immediately leaves.

    With that done, Tarmikos meets the eyes of Algrith and Imaran. "Shall we go?" Before waiting for a response from them, he turns to Digac. "If you come along, you'll be able to see more people who were involved in the skirmish today. They're all a good bunch of people; you should come. We might learn a thing or two."
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-22 at 07:24 PM. Reason: The plot thickens...

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Britain, Leeds
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    After him guard!... Alive!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiatives
    (1d20-2)[16]
    (1d20+3)[9]


    She charges behind the fleeing man, scimitar raised.
    If she can catch him she will take a swipe at the back of his calves.
    Attemping to cause non lethal injeries.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If she catches him
    To hit, charge + non lethal: (1d20+6)[18]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[7]


    Jesskya!
    Already on it!

    Her mount has already charged past her, her horn leveled at the fleeing guard in an attempt to bring him to the floor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If she catches him
    To hit, charge + non lethal: (1d20+9)[20]
    Dmg: (1d8+9)[11]
    If evil (which he probably isnt) he takes a DC14 fort save of lose 1d6 dex.

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    The hunter nods slowly.
    "Alright. I assume you've paid Milagros half up-front, so when would you like to depart? I am at your service."
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)
    - As the Worm Turns (Lich / Quake)
    - War Stories (Galad ir'Tanal)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."


    Moving back to school. Posting extremely limited.

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Silva Stormrage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Kel looks around taking in the surroundings when he notices a courier rushing towards him. After receiving his letter he reads it over thoughtfully. [i]Hm, I best be going as this sounds somewhat urgent. I only wish divinations could be clearer sometimes. Kel reads the end of the letter and takes out the gold coin. My friend wishes to thank you for your services and prays that you can keep silent about this matter.


    Kel heads back into the guardhouse where he attempts to find the same guard who he had spoke to earlier. If he finds him Kel informs him, My apologies but I find myself needed elsewhere at the moment. When your captain comes back could you inform him of what happened and why there is now an unconscious blinded man in the anti magic cell. Thank you.

    With that Kel leaves the guardhouse and flies to the Inn hopefully finding the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

    My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    qwertyu63's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Half past Crazy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    After him guard!... Alive!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiatives
    [roll0]
    [roll1]


    She charges behind the fleeing man, scimitar raised.
    If she can catch him she will take a swipe at the back of his calves.
    Attemping to cause non lethal injeries.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If she catches him
    To hit, charge + non lethal: [roll2]
    Dmg: [roll3]


    Jesskya!
    Already on it!

    Her mount has already charged past her, her horn leveled at the fleeing guard in an attempt to bring him to the floor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If she catches him
    To hit, charge + non lethal: [roll4]
    Dmg: [roll5]
    If evil (which he probably isnt) he takes a DC14 fort save of lose 1d6 dex.
    He falls down. "Stop." he says.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    The hunter nods slowly.
    "Alright. I assume you've paid Milagros half up-front, so when would you like to depart? I am at your service."
    "Well, as I just bought the last thing I needed, we can go as soon as you're ready."

    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    A broken, but still caring smile crosses Tarmikos' lips. "I see. Take care of yourself, Alex."

    With that, he turns to exit the bar, at war with himself to struggle to stay composed.

    "Well guys, I guess we need to track down Latinskel and Ageia next."

    Before he can speak any further, a man runs up to him, brandishing an envelope and waving it in his face. Used to the end of a document carrying more weight than the beginning, Tarmikos immediately skips to the end of the enclosed letter, and after reading backwards a bit, hands the coin provided to the messenger. He then takes another couple of seconds to give the letter a genuine read.

    "Welp, looks like I owe Jorah some thanks. Although I honestly am surprised I missed him moving about somehow..." Tarmikos remarks as he folds the letter up and pockets it. "Any who, looks like we've got to go back to the inn for a bit." He looks at the messenger. "Except for you. Thank you for the delivery, but you should forget us and go right back to work." The messenger immediately leaves.

    With that done, Tarmikos meets the eyes of Algrith and Imaran. "Shall we go?" Before waiting for a response from them, he turns to Digac. "If you come along, you'll be able to see more people who were involved in the skirmish today. They're all a good bunch of people; you should come. We might learn a thing or two."
    "Very well, I shall accompany you."
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-23 at 07:49 AM.
    If one of my table's is borked, PM me.

    "The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

    Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

    My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Britain, Leeds
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Stand! Guard, manicle this man!

    Her voice now rings with authority!

    You could have seen my mercifal side boy...
    If you co-opperate you may still...
    Who are you!
    Where did you get this uniform?
    What is the purpose of you having this uniform?


    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate Roll
    (1d20+8)[24]

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    "Good, I'm glad. Shall we be off then? I'm sure you don't want to waste any more time just waiting around." Lyral then proceeds to lead his new employer towards the northernmost gate of the city. As he does so, he keeps his eyes out for any signs of peculiar activity, all the while occasionally checking behind him to see if his client continues to follow.
    Oh, but I cannot wait to escape this filthy rat's den. Too many people, too much noise. In the wilds, a man can disappear into the comforts of his own reality. Hell is other people, a wise man once said. Well, I will be glad to be rid of my reflection in their eyes. As for this client, he seems promising enough. Perhaps for once, everything will go as planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)
    - As the Worm Turns (Lich / Quake)
    - War Stories (Galad ir'Tanal)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."


    Moving back to school. Posting extremely limited.

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Equestria that was
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Lia

    I approach the woman behind the counter.
    "Hi! I was wondering if any quests that might suit me had come in since yesterday."

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    qwertyu63's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Half past Crazy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Stand! Guard, manicle this man!

    Her voice now rings with authority!

    You could have seen my mercifal side boy...
    If you co-opperate you may still...
    Who are you!
    Where did you get this uniform?
    What is the purpose of you having this uniform?


    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate Roll
    [roll0]
    He is shaking in fear. "I'm Honen. I got this from a friend. I was using it to get some respect around here for once."

    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    "Good, I'm glad. Shall we be off then? I'm sure you don't want to waste any more time just waiting around." Lyral then proceeds to lead his new employer towards the northernmost gate of the city. As he does so, he keeps his eyes out for any signs of peculiar activity, all the while occasionally checking behind him to see if his client continues to follow.
    Oh, but I cannot wait to escape this filthy rat's den. Too many people, too much noise. In the wilds, a man can disappear into the comforts of his own reality. Hell is other people, a wise man once said. Well, I will be glad to be rid of my reflection in their eyes. As for this client, he seems promising enough. Perhaps for once, everything will go as planned.
    He is keeping up just fine. You reach the north gate. "So, who are you anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Lia

    I approach the woman behind the counter.
    "Hi! I was wondering if any quests that might suit me had come in since yesterday."
    "Let me see." She starts looking at the stack of papers in front of her. "Ah, it would seem that we do have one new quest, but I don't know if someone of your skill would want this one. Let me look through the older ones."
    If one of my table's is borked, PM me.

    "The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

    Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

    My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beyond being
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    As they approach the gates, Lyral turns so that a part of his face can be seen by Osulu. He smiles disarmingly at him. After all, he has nothing to fear from Lyral.
    "I'm just a wilderness guide. Used to be a monk, but the order has long since dissolved. Now, I work for a living. The pay's decent, but I do it because I love the outdoors."
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

    Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)
    - As the Worm Turns (Lich / Quake)
    - War Stories (Galad ir'Tanal)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."


    Moving back to school. Posting extremely limited.

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Equestria that was
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Lia

    I lean against the counter and run a hand through my long hair. Despite my earlier efforts I find it still slightly tangled, which irritates me - I have a sudden thought that a wand of prestidigitation might be a good idea. With a sigh, I decide to hear what the quest is anyway, and only then judge its worth.

    "Might as well let me hear it, not as if I have anything else to do right now."

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Britain, Leeds
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    He is shaking in fear. "I'm Honen. I got this from a friend. I was using it to get some respect around here for once."
    And who is this friend!
    Go easy Hally, he might just be a pawn...
    Fine...
    Tell me all you know and I will make sure the guard go easy on you.

    Her voice takes on a soft tone...

    Now, who is this friend?

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Algrith falls in behind Tarmikos, in step with Imaran.

    Friend, does this not seem to be adding up to you? It feels as if this Cruorin is setting up our friend to take the fall for what he has done, it seems to me. It's in intriguing, to say the least. Should we continue down this path?

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Tarmikos walks into the doors of the Armstead. "Hey! Jorah!" He calls out. "You here? I got your message."

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Demidos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Algrith falls in behind Tarmikos, in step with Imaran.

    Friend, does this not seem to be adding up to you? It feels as if this Cruorin is setting up our friend to take the fall for what he has done, it seems to me. It's in intriguing, to say the least. Should we continue down this path?
    Interesting. I had not thought of that. Perhaps, should we search for some mention of this Cruorin we might find something worthy of note. If he is as well-known as it seems, then perhaps we could find something in the library. Otherwise, we could try the pubs.
    Avatar by Sgt. Pepper
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

    My Characters:
    Flutter: Level 20 Tristalt

    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

    Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.

    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3

    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.


  24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    qwertyu63's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Half past Crazy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    And who is this friend!
    Go easy Hally, he might just be a pawn...
    Fine...
    Tell me all you know and I will make sure the guard go easy on you.

    Her voice takes on a soft tone...

    Now, who is this friend?
    "I don't know his actual name, but he calls himself Pierce. He's one of the leaders of the thieves around here."
    If one of my table's is borked, PM me.

    "The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

    Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

    My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Agreed. Let us see what transipres between Tarmikos and Jorah. Then we can head down to the library. I wonder if Clevefort has a local paper or other periodical that mght be useful? Maybe a local rumormonger would be worth the visit to? he said, a child-like glint in his eye as he pondered investigating this mystery.
    I think we can manage a visit to the local watering hole to find out what else we can find. I'll let you do the talking, as usual. While invigorating, displays of power usually clamp shut the information we are seeking.

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Britain, Leeds
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    "I don't know his actual name, but he calls himself Pierce. He's one of the leaders of the thieves around here."
    A small man puts his head into the alleyway where the "guards", Halaza and her mount are gathered...
    "Hello? Halaza I hope..."

    She turns looking to this new person...
    Yes? Who are you... What do you want?
    "Im... Im here to give you a letter..."
    A letter?!??!
    How the hell did you find me here?

    "My boss tells me not to tell people how our
    Messenger service works... It just does..."
    Fine... Bring me the letter..

    She holds her hand out to take the envelope and
    quickly opens it with the kukri from her shield.
    Replacing the blade she opens the letter.

    Halaza ... divinations ... Cruorin...
    great change...sick and dying ... twenty miles north....
    accompany ...investigate ... Dagoc's bar within the day...
    Blah... blah... messenger who brings it to you the gold coin
    enclosed within, and request his silence.

    Jorah Derias

    She looks at the messenger...
    Then searches within the envelope to find the gold coin
    and throws it to him...
    Thank you Messenger...
    That will be all.


    She looks back to the two guards,
    glad to see neither had tried to run for it
    whilst her back had been turned.

    The colour of malice returns to her voice...
    You will take "us" to this leader of theives...
    Then she smiles...
    A strange, warm yet slightly eerie smile...
    Then she turns.
    Come... We have an Inn to visit first.

    So... You intend to pay the king of fleas a visit...
    I am sure it will be no worse than that den of cultists...

  27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll assume that the others (Imaran, Algirith, and Digan) follow you in, Tarmikos.


    Jorah looks up from the table he sits at upon hearing Tarmikos' greeting, and waves the man over. "Hello again, Tarmikos. I see you have brought some of the others involved in this strange affair. I have learned something pertaining to our investigation, and I wish to share it. But first, perhaps we should wait a short while. I have also invited Halaza and Kel, as they seemed interested in this matter."

    When Kel enters, Jorah calls out, "Over here, friend. We have matters of some import to discuss."

    Should Halaza enter with the thief in tow, Jorah calls out,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Who might your friend there be, Halaza? Do you believe you can trust him with this? This is a rather sensitive matter, after all."


    If, upon Halaza's entrance, the thief is not with her, Jorah calls out,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Halaza, over here! I have news for you all about our investigation into Cruorin."

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Silva Stormrage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Kel looks over at Jorah and waves, Of course. What have you found out so far? I left the man we captured in the city prison held in the anti magic cell there. He shall be interrogated and brought to justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

    My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    Tarmikos keeps his back faced to Kel, eyes clamped shut. Upon hearing him, he turns his head to the side, avoiding eye contact, and waves. Beggars can't be choosers... but why does he have to be so bestial? the man mentally laments. I shouldn’t be so bothered by his appearance. From what I know of him so far, he seems like a nice fellow, but still...

    Stealing a peak, only for a moment, is enough to cause shivers to race down his spine. Looking his view forward, Tarmikos focuses on the matter at hand."If you don't mind me asking, none of you seem to know Cruorin, do you. Yet you're all willing to put yourselves at risk to aid in his capture?"

  30. - Top - End - #540
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Demidos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

    He has broken the law. He has murdered innocents. What further reason would we need? Imaran asks gently. Turning to Jorah, he absentmindedly fiddles with his earring while he asks "What is this news you have?"
    Avatar by Sgt. Pepper
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

    My Characters:
    Flutter: Level 20 Tristalt

    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

    Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.

    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3

    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •