New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Kel smiles, Yes a unicorn is a magnificent creature. I have seen many throughout my travels and they always seem to amaze me. Still seems strange to me that the guard wouldn't let Jesskya into the city. Well, regardless lets go find that fire. Now I am even more interested in your tales, a paladin and a unicorn must have many wondrous tales to tell.

As they start to leave Kel pulls out some spare dried meat from his pouch and tosses it to Silvan. Silvan lifts his head up and devours the food before slumping back to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    "The major benefits are three-fold. First, any big requests requiring adventurer assistance go through here, making it easier for our members to find work. In addition, some services of use to you are available for an minor fee. Last, but not least, is the fact that we have a deal with the merchants guild, good for a 3% off anything being sold by any guild merchant.

As to the fee, I doubt an adventurer of your skill would even miss the 5 silver monthly fee."
    Lia
    "As you say, The fee won't be a problem." I tell him, completing the form and placing 5 silver coins engraved with the head of the soon to be late king on the counter. "Now I have more errands to run so I must be going, but I'll stop by frequently, perhaps you can tell me about your additional services then? Do let me know if anything comes up that I can help with."

With that concluded, I'll set off to find a bank.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2012-02-24 at 06:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

With a little effort and some kind words with one of the Church attendants the two find a small room in the back of the church with a small empty half and two swaybacked chairs.

Indeed, well I don't know where to begin Kel... Jesskya gives me more than just her company, she holds a great wisdom I am lucky to have shared with me..

Halaza's eyes are on the fire, fixated in its dancing flames and crackling sparks.

Even first meeting her she shared with me some of that wisdom. We were chasing down a Red Dragon in charge of a great number of evil deeds in the local area. Me and some of my Order were accompanying a Copper Dragon, Haileh was her name, and we were close on its tail.

The fight was terrible... we... we lost Haileh...
    A large tear rolls down her cheek and she wipes it away with her tabard
    Celestial tears aigh... Maybe it will ward off Infernals now...
    Anyway... We lost Haileh and two of my Order.
    As the fight raged on and the Dragon was on its last it fleeing it lead us to its lair where we finally slay the beast.

That's when we found her nest, and the huge dragon egg in the fire.
    As we stood deciding what to do we heard the ominous sound of cracking and then the small screeching noises of the beasts offspring bursting into our world.

That's when we noticed Jesskya.

A voice in her head seems to talk in synchronisation along with her.
    Emotions: Happiness, Nostalgia and Love all seem to rush through Halaza's head and she can feel Jesskya.

Don't you dare touch that child
    Yes, yes I remember Jesskya...

Another large tear rolls down Halaza's face and she mops it up again with her Tabard.

We wanted to kill it... her... Innocent and new into the world,
    and we would have killed it in vengeance of crimes that were not hers.

Her face now very wet from tears and her pale celestial skin seems to have a flush of pink making her seem so much more human. Even with all the tears she still does not look sad, a huge smile is spread across her face.

After convincing us otherwise, she accompanied us back to the Dragon Enclave to ensure it was to be raised as a Metallic Dragon and taught to be good despite its nature...

That was a few years ago now, wonder how little Haileh is doing...

Finishing her story she looks to the druid opposite her.

Excuse me, being apart from her must be getting to me, I was meant to tell you about killing cultists and freeing slaves. Not soppy stories about Dragons and Unicorns...
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-02-24 at 07:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I am in need of a room, and will pay that price gladly. I will likely be staying in the city for a good time yet, and would like to pay for a week after today as well. Would that be acceptable?

With this, Jorah places four gold pieces on the table.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Tarmikos immediately walks through the bar to the counter, and attempts to speak to the bartender. "Hello, friend! It seems your business is doing rather well, I take it. Any chance you can serve me as well?" he chats, while looking through the bar.
    "Of course I can. What do ya want?"

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Lia
    "As you say, The fee won't be a problem." I tell him, completing the form and placing 5 silver coins engraved with the head of the soon to be late king on the counter. "Now I have more errands to run so I must be going, but I'll stop by frequently, perhaps you can tell me about your additional services then? Do let me know if anything comes up that I can help with."

With that concluded, I'll set off to find a bank.
    The man handed you a guild identification card before you left. As for the bank, you find that rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    I am in need of a room, and will pay that price gladly. I will likely be staying in the city for a good time yet, and would like to pay for a week after today as well. Would that be acceptable?

With this, Jorah places four gold pieces on the table.
    "That's fine." the innkeeper says, handing you a key. He points to a room and says "You're in that room. Have a good day." He starts noting something down.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos takes a seat, and leans forward, one elbow on the bar.

"I'm actually looking for some information."

Though his naive smile still remained in place, the shift in his tone immediately reveals his seriousness.

"I'm a traveler. And it seems like this would be the kind of place where a person could get some information... even if it wasn't the most positive of information...

His disposition immediately switches back to a more friendly state.

"And maybe something sweet to drink if my previous offer is a bit too much."

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I take 10 on a Diplomacy Check for the sake of getting the Bartender to be willing to supply Information to Gather? Also, what does the Bartender look like? I honestly don't remember him/her being decribed...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-02-24 at 09:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Having concluded his business of finding a place to stay, Jorah feels the need to find something to do. He remembers noticing a bar across from the inn as he entered, and walks to it. He enters cautiously, not much a fan of the atmosphere of such places.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    With a little effort and some kind words with one of the Church attendants the two find a small room in the back of the church with a small empty half and two swaybacked chairs.

Indeed, well I don't know where to begin Kel... Jesskya gives me more than just her company, she holds a great wisdom I am lucky to have shared with me..

Halaza's eyes are on the fire, fixated in its dancing flames and crackling sparks.

Even first meeting her she shared with me some of that wisdom. We were chasing down a Red Dragon in charge of a great number of evil deeds in the local area. Me and some of my Order were accompanying a Copper Dragon, Haileh was her name, and we were close on its tail.

The fight was terrible... we... we lost Haileh...
    A large tear rolls down her cheek and she wipes it away with her tabard
    Celestial tears aigh... Maybe it will ward off Infernals now...
    Anyway... We lost Haileh and two of my Order.
    As the fight raged on and the Dragon was on its last it fleeing it lead us to its lair where we finally slay the beast.

That's when we found her nest, and the huge dragon egg in the fire.
    As we stood deciding what to do we heard the ominous sound of cracking and then the small screeching noises of the beasts offspring bursting into our world.

That's when we noticed Jesskya.

A voice in her head seems to talk in synchronisation along with her.
    Emotions: Happiness, Nostalgia and Love all seem to rush through Halaza's head and she can feel Jesskya.

Yes, yes I remember Jesskya...

Another large tear rolls down Halaza's face and she mops it up again with her Tabard.

We wanted to kill it... her... Innocent and new into the world,
    and we would have killed it in vengeance of crimes that were not hers.

Her face now very wet from tears and her pale celestial skin seems to have a flush of pink making her seem so much more human. Even with all the tears she still does not look sad, a huge smile is spread across her face.

After convincing us otherwise, she accompanied us back to the Dragon Enclave to ensure it was to be raised as a Metallic Dragon and taught to be good despite its nature...

That was a few years ago now, wonder how little Haileh is doing...

Finishing her story she looks to the druid opposite her.

Excuse me, being apart from her must be getting to me, I was meant to tell you about killing cultists and freeing slaves. Not soppy stories about Dragons and Unicorns...
    Kel listens intently to the story as he warms himself by the fire. After Halaza finishes Kel simply laughs, Don't feel bad about telling me such a tale! I simply was bored this evening, and that was a fascinating tale! The night is still young and you can tell me about the cultists and slaves as well. Though I do have a question about your tale. Why was Jesskya in the dragon's cave in the first place? It seems an odd place for a unicorn to be.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    As Algrith and Imaran, a smell brought out Algrith out of his reading.

What in the high realms is that? It was a sweet smell with a bit of charring combined with the roasting of some kind of meat.
    That, my friend, is where we will find food! he exclaimed as he put his book away.

Imaran smiles slightly at his friend's excitement. Then let us not delay. A stall off to the left was producing the wonderful aroma. Moving closer, Imaran found a friendly-enough looking short, thickset man minding the booth. What kind of roast is that, and how much would it cost for two?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel listens intently to the story as he warms himself by the fire. After Halaza finishes Kel simply laughs, Don't feel bad about telling me such a tale! I simply was bored this evening, and that was a fascinating tale! The night is still young and you can tell me about the cultists and slaves as well. Though I do have a question about your tale. Why was Jesskya in the dragon's cave in the first place? It seems an odd place for a unicorn to be.
    Haha seems tonight I am a regular bard of sorts.

Halaza smiles in Kel's direction her eyes still mystified by the fire.

What was she doing in the cave? It was her forest you see, two dragons and several paladins on horse back had rampaged through it and she had followed at a distance in the shadows.
    She had been looking to heal any wounded members of our order and investigate what we were upto within her land.

A loud and long gurgling rumble comes from Halaza's stomach and she suddenly remembers she has not eaten in rather a while.

Hmm the church must have something to eat surely, but that might be pushing my luck abit far, they have already given me so much...
    Perhaps the church has a young serf I can send on an errand for me?

The chair is so comfy on her worn body that she doesnt want to get up from it at all.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

The man handed you a guild identification card before you left. As for the bank, you find that rather quickly.
    Lia

I thank the man for his time, and head out. As it turns out, there's a bank just across the road, so I open an account and deposit the 3000g I took from the baron. Mostly it's for safekeeping - my own recent quest had shown how foolhardy it can be to carry large sums of money around. And perhaps it'll even accrue some interest as well! If I can't find any items to spend it on, perhaps there are some investment opportunities? What would a noble do with 3000g? Besides paying people to cut down a thousand year old elven forest. I make a mental note to find out later.

With that task completed, I search for the Inn the man at the Adventurer's Guild had said was closer.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarmikos takes a seat, and leans forward, one elbow on the bar.

"I'm actually looking for some information."

Though his naive smile still remained in place, the shift in his tone immediately reveals his seriousness.

"I'm a traveler. And it seems like this would be the kind of place where a person could get some information... even if it wasn't the most positive of information...

His disposition immediately switches back to a more friendly state.

"And maybe something sweet to drink if my previous offer is a bit too much."

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I take 10 on a Diplomacy Check for the sake of getting the Bartender to be willing to supply Information to Gather? Also, what does the Bartender look like? I honestly don't remember him/her being decribed...
    "Ah, you want to know things, a noble pursuit. I know quite a bit. What you want to know?" he says, following it up with "And what do you want to drink?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I never did describe him, except as the Bartender. He is a male human, slightly above average height, looks to be in his 50's, and is bald.

Also, I am now sitting here trying to remember which character has what information.

Having concluded his business of finding a place to stay, Jorah feels the need to find something to do. He remembers noticing a bar across from the inn as he entered, and walks to it. He enters cautiously, not much a fan of the atmosphere of such places.
    The bar is packed. It seems someone is celebrating something, but the what is unclear. Luckily, the celebration is on one side of the bar, leaving the other side clear for you to get to the bartender. Also on this other side, one of the tables has a dwarf, staring into his half-empty glass, and a elf, staring at the celebration with disdain. At the bar sits someone who looks to be a fellow adventurer (Tarmikos).

Spoiler
    Show
    Copy-pasting the last time I described this place, adding on Tarmikos, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Imaran smiles slightly at his friend's excitement. Then let us not delay. A stall off to the left was producing the wonderful aroma. Moving closer, Imaran found a friendly-enough looking short, thickset man minding the booth. What kind of roast is that, and how much would it cost for two?
    The man says "Bison meat. 1 silver each."

Lia

I thank the man for his time, and head out. As it turns out, there's a bank just across the road, so I open an account and deposit the 3000g I took from the baron. Mostly it's for safekeeping - my own recent quest had shown how foolhardy it can be to carry large sums of money around. And perhaps it'll even accrue some interest as well! If I can't find any items to spend it on, perhaps there are some investment opportunities? What would a noble do with 3000g? Besides paying people to cut down a thousand year old elven forest. I make a mental note to find out later.

With that task completed, I search for the Inn the man at the Adventurer's Guild had said was closer.
    You reach it without incident. You stand outside the inn.

Haha seems tonight I am a regular bard of sorts.

Halaza smiles in Kel's direction her eyes still mystified by the fire.

What was she doing in the cave? It was her forest you see, two dragons and several paladins on horse back had rampaged through it and she had followed at a distance in the shadows.
    She had been looking to heal any wounded members of our order and investigate what we were upto within her land.

A loud and long gurgling rumble comes from Halaza's stomach and she suddenly remembers she has not eaten in rather a while.

Hmm the church must have something to eat surely, but that might be pushing my luck abit far, they have already given me so much...
    Perhaps the church has a young serf I can send on an errand for me?

The chair is so comfy on her worn body that she doesnt want to get up from it at all.
    Some young boy walks over with some food for you, saying "Here you are, paladin lady. Enjoy."

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Some young boy walks over with some food for you, saying "Here you are, paladin lady. Enjoy."
    She calls the young boy back as he begins to walk off.

Excuse me young one,

She rummages in her pocket and pulls out a coin purse.
    From that she takes two gold coins and passes them to the boy.

I have a special horse that I need to make sure get very good care in the cities stables.
    Could you go and make sure the person in charge of caring for it gets one of those coins...
    As to the other, I bet there is a bakery in the city isnt there...

She smiles at the boy

And I bet that bakery sells huge cakes and buns that look really yummy eigh?
    Go on, take that extra coin and buy as many of those cakes as you can eat.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Excuse me young one,

I have a special horse that I need to make sure get very good care in the cities stables.
    Could you go and make sure the person in charge of caring for it gets one of those coins...

She smiles at the boy

"Of course. Thank you, miss." He says, then he runs off, out the doors.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

You reach it without incident. You stand outside the inn.
    Lia

I continue to muse on investments as I reach the inn. Perhaps property would be a sound idea. I've never had a place of my own before, and it would mean an end to staying at inns...

Without further distraction, I enter the inn, taking in my surroundings, and approach the innkeeper to book a room for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: 13
    Listen: 17

Out of curiousity, why do we have a separate dice thread? Is it just so we're vaguely aware of how well we've done before we post?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Lia

I continue to muse on investments as I reach the inn. Perhaps property would be a sound idea. I've never had a place of my own before, and it would mean an end to staying at inns...

Without further distraction, I enter the inn, taking in my surroundings, and approach the innkeeper to book a room for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: 13
    Listen: 17

Out of curiousity, why do we have a separate dice thread? Is it just so we're vaguely aware of how well we've done before we post?
    You hear what sounds like 2 people on the floor above you having a conversation. You hear something about a Paladin or something.

As you approach the counter, the innkeeper informs you that it is 5 silver a night.

Spoiler
    Show
    That and so you can't edit your post to reroll the dice before I see the first roll. I trust you guys, but better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-02-25 at 11:00 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

With a childish grin, Algrith reaches into his pouch and produces the 2 pieces of silver.
    Looking at Imaran he talkes excitedly.
    I've never seen a bison, much less eaten one. Enri Na'Mar, in 1247 of the Lutiman calender wrote an interesting treatise regarding the bison. Apparently, besides a bit of hunting and gathering, the people of the plains have a culture based on the movements of the bison. It's interesting how, on one hand, they revere it as the giver of life and yet still consume it. Interesting, interesting.
    As they were handed their food, they started to wander off to find somewhere to sit.
    Were you able to find information on what you were looking for? I was able to find some notes on the Tama-Ichai Codex in some of the books I went through. It would seem that, at one point, there was an elf by the name of Esilia Cinthar who was purported to have owned it in his personal collection, but that was over 100 years ago. He died nearly 60 years ago, so I'm wondering what his heirs did with his estate and what other works he might have had in his collection.
    Finding a pair of benches near a small park, they sat and ate.
    Well, whatever vegetable this is sure smells sweeter than it tastes. This meat is absolutely marvelous, though.
    He ate, completely unaware of the juices dripping down his face, giving the looks of an overgrown child with a candy.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I pay the five silver - beginning to seem like the standard charge in this town!

"Thank you sir." I ponder the overheard conversation and add: "Are there any other adventurer's like myself staying this evening?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Lia

I pay the five silver - beginning to seem like the standard charge in this town!

"Thank you sir." I ponder the overheard conversation and add: "Are there any other adventurer's like myself staying this evening?"
    "One so far, they're over at the bar just across the road."

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Speaking of rolling dice: I rolled a spot check for Lyral which got a 23 (honestly, getting some pretty mediocre rolls so far) to see whether he could perceive any significant places to go from the rooftop. qwerty, you have yet to give me a response, so I'm still waiting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you see the Church to the south-east from your current location. You can barely make out city hall, which is to the far west.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-02-25 at 12:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos' mood once again turns serious as his mind dwells upon memories. Distant though they may be, they haunt him like vivid nightmares.

"Do you know anything about any local crime rings? I'm trying to locate someone. It's a long shot, but if he's around here, he'd definitely be up to trouble."

Tarmikos attempts to bring his smile back to center form. "I'd like your sweetest strawberry flavored drink. With extra sugar, if you please."

Tarmikos reaches into his bag, and pulls out another bag. He reaches into that bag, and extracts a shiny platinum coin. He puts the money bag into his travel bag, and puts the coin on the counter.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Dice Roller and I aren't friends right now, so I'd totally love to take 10 on a Gather Information Check for a total of 23.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-02-25 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Grammar Check.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarmikos' mood once again turns serious as his mind dwells upon memories. Distant though they may be, they haunt him like vivid nightmares.

"Do you know anything about any local crime rings? I'm trying to locate someone. It's a long shot, but if he's around here, he'd definitely be up to trouble."

Tarmikos attempts to bring his smile back to center form. "I'd like your sweetest strawberry flavored drink. With extra sugar, if you please."

Tarmikos reaches into his bag, and pulls out another bag. He reaches into that bag, and extracts a shiny platinum coin. He puts the money bag into his travel bag, and puts the coin on the counter.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Dice Roller and I aren't friends right now, so I'd totally love to take 10 on a Gather Information Check for a total of 23.
    He starts making your drink, while saying "Well, as to local crime, this town has the largest black market in the world, but something tells me you are looking for violent crime." He looks at your coin, and says "I'll start a tab." He hands you your drink.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I figured if anywhere, it would be a shame to not try to search here." Tarmikos responded. "Such a big city is certainly to cast quite a shadow. And yes, the person I have in mind isn't a petty thief. Any sort of crime is game with him."

It'll be tough enough to find him, let alone stop him. Who knows what he's already done here. Who else he's already killed... he thinks to himself, a tear falling onto his lap.

Tarmikos is lost in thought as he takes a sip of the drink, when he immediately stops. "Um... any chance you could let me have a bit more sugar?" he asks, a shy, apologetic smile crossing his face.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-02-25 at 01:15 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah, noticing the adventurer sitting at the bar is conversing with the bartender, sits down at the far end. Out of curiosity, he attempts to listen in on their conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check: 10. If I cannot hear the conversation, I will simply wait for the bartender to notice me.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

From his vantage point, Lyral sees a church in the distance, as well as an administrative building that he would have to assume was a well-funded private office, or perhaps city hall.
    "One of those two." He points at the locations, pausing for a moment. It has been some time since he had seen the inside of a temple. Flashes of memory jump through his brain, reminding him of the last incident with the priests of Mars. That had not ended favorably. However, he was willing to wager that a church such as that did not belong to a god of war. No, the altar of Mars is on every battlefield.
    "The church, then." Grinning at Zrekha, he begins to make his way across the rooftops.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"I figured if anywhere, it would be a shame to not try to search here." Tarmikos responded. "Such a big city is certainly to cast quite a shadow. And yes, the person I have in mind isn't a petty thief. Any sort of crime is game with him."

It'll be tough enough to find him, let alone stop him. Who knows what he's already done here. Who else he's already killed... he thinks to himself, a tear falling onto his lap.

Tarmikos is lost in thought as he takes a sip of the drink, when he immediately stops. "Um... any chance you could let me have a bit more sugar?" he asks, a shy, apologetic smile crossing his face.
    The bartender puts some more in your drink. "By the way, it seems someone is trying to listen in on us."

Jorah, noticing the adventurer sitting at the bar is conversing with the bartender, sits down at the far end. Out of curiosity, he attempts to listen in on their conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check: 10. If I cannot hear the conversation, I will simply wait for the bartender to notice me.
    He (The bartender) says "Come over here guy. No need to be shy."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos turns to the person pointed out by the bartender and waves."Hello, friend! He's right; come on over! I'll buy you a drink!"

Tarmikos turns back to the bartender. "I should be able to pay for someone else's drink with one of these, right? How much are the drinks here, if you don't mind my asking?"

He takes another sip of his drink, then looks sheepishly at the bartender. Pardon me, but do you mind some more sugar, please?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-02-25 at 01:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah winces at being caught, and regretfully walks over to the two men.

Hello, friends. I apologize for eavesdropping. I was simply curious as to what you are speaking of. Perhaps I could assist you, in apology? I am a mage of some ability, and my deity has granted me powers as well.

As he finishes saying this, Jorah pulls out a seat and sits to the left of Tarmikos.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Excuse me young one,

She smiles at the boy

Kel smiles Well that child will be eating well tonight. And I am sure Jesskya will be fine, even the guards probably won't hurt a unicorn. But yes, tell me about the cultists you just vanquished. I hadn't heard of any cults or necromancers in the area and am most curious about them. [/color]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    With a childish grin, Algrith reaches into his pouch and produces the 2 pieces of silver.
    Looking at Imaran he talkes excitedly.
    I've never seen a bison, much less eaten one. Enri Na'Mar, in 1247 of the Lutiman calender wrote an interesting treatise regarding the bison. Apparently, besides a bit of hunting and gathering, the people of the plains have a culture based on the movements of the bison. It's interesting how, on one hand, they revere it as the giver of life and yet still consume it. Interesting, interesting.
    As they were handed their food, they started to wander off to find somewhere to sit.
    Were you able to find information on what you were looking for? I was able to find some notes on the Tama-Ichai Codex in some of the books I went through. It would seem that, at one point, there was an elf by the name of Esilia Cinthar who was purported to have owned it in his personal collection, but that was over 100 years ago. He died nearly 60 years ago, so I'm wondering what his heirs did with his estate and what other works he might have had in his collection.
    Finding a pair of benches near a small park, they sat and ate.
    Well, whatever vegetable this is sure smells sweeter than it tastes. This meat is absolutely marvelous, though.
    He ate, completely unaware of the juices dripping down his face, giving the looks of an overgrown child with a candy.

Imaran chews neatly, careful to keep his attire spotless. Interesting. I was searching for information about a certain type of weapon I saw once, a long time ago, back in the Underdark. But this Tama-Ichai Codex sounds intriguing. What have you found out so far about it, or its location?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"It's no problem friend. Just asking if there's anyone in the area that I might know. I'm new here. My name is Tarmikos Silverkin, by the way." Tarmikos responds, patting the man on the back. "Hm... I suppose I could use the help... but maybe at a later date. Perhaps I can find a way to contact you, or you me, Mister...." Tarmikos trails, obviously asking for the name of the man.