New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Do not worry friend, this chair will do me and it will be nice and warm by the fire... If you intend to go meet Lyral, please wake me before you leave, sleep well friend.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Kel goes off an rests his head on Silvans thick fur. He thinks about the day for a bit before drifting off to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Zrekha gives a curt nod to the men as Lyral speaks and speaks like some kind of whining jackal with an arrow stabbed through its eyesocket, standing proudly a few feet to his side. These men certainly had magical items on them; it seemed like Lyral had good taste, at the very least. She'd let him talk for the moment, at least until she needs to intervene if he says something crazy again.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Are you two new to the city, too? And, are you already staying here or just getting rooms?
    Realizing a moment afterwards that he may be exposing himself and his companion to danger, as the pair looked dangerous and a bit thuggish, he made a small, worried face that the pair, luckily, couldn't see due to their backs being turned.

5. - Top - End - #155

Zrekha speaks quite clearly for a half-orc; though her words give no aura of sophistication, it's clear she is no thug. "I am new to the city. I came for promises of glory from a friend; this one wanted to show me some hunting." She nods her head in Lyral's direction. "I have nowhere to stay yet; I came in the morning."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Those of you out and about see the sun start to disappear over the horizon.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral stands at ease, watching the golden grace of heaven's star dip beyond the edge of day.
    There is something to be said about this half-place, this twilight.The space between the day-bright-peace and the true hunt is worth noting, every time. I'm glad to see some truths are universal, at least. Lyral stands quietly, his simple grace belying any initial impressions of thuggery in him. Shaking his head slightly, as if to snap himself back into focus, he turns back towards the others.
    "Hmm, maybe we should enter? It's getting late." Without waiting this time, Lyral spins curtly on his heel and strides to the entrance of the Armstead. He slides open the doors almost effortlessly, and makes his way inside.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "I am new to the city. I came for promises of glory from a friend; this one wanted to show me some hunting." She nods her head in Lyral's direction. "I have nowhere to stay yet; I came in the morning."
    What hunting is this? asks Imaran. He studies her carefully, watching for her reaction. He has met dark elves before (on the rarest of occasions) and these two more and more gives him the sense that they are of similar views.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Lyral stands at ease, watching the golden grace of heaven's star dip beyond the edge of day.
    There is something to be said about this half-place, this twilight.The space between the day-bright-peace and the true hunt is worth noting, every time. I'm glad to see some truths are universal, at least. Lyral stands quietly, his simple grace belying any initial impressions of thuggery in him. Shaking his head slightly, as if to snap himself back into focus, he turns back towards the others.
    "Hmm, maybe we should enter? It's getting late." Without waiting this time, Lyral spins curtly on his heel and strides to the entrance of the Armstead. He slides open the doors almost effortlessly, and makes his way inside.
    Imaran raises an eyebrow at the unexpected sentimentality, looking at Algirth, but follows if the other makes no restraining sign. This man seems intriguing.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Barkeep... I'm sorry, that's incredibly rude of me. What exactly is your name, good sir?" Tarmikos begins.

"Do you think you could tell me anything about the victims? Who they were? Why they might have been targeted? Possibly how they were killed, beyond it being a one strike assassination?" Tarmikos inquires, hoping to learn as much as he can.

"And while I'm asking questions, what about you two? What reason do you have to be in a place like this?" he says, turning his back to the bar while speaking to his drinking partners.

Tarmikos turns his attention towards the mage. "Jorah, you said you knew magic and were employed by your deity. Exactly what trade do you specialize in? And how did it lead you here?"

"And you, Lia..." He focuses his gaze upon the woman. "While I can't really get a good read on you, I'm willing to bet that you're just as exciting as you are attractive." He offers her a smile.

"I'm certain that you two probably carry some stories just as interesting as the one I'm involved in, if not more so." Tarmikos turns back to the bar and takes another drink. "I'd be more than happy to listen."

10. - Top - End - #160

Hearing Lyral's decision to turn inside, Zrekha shrugs. "Must be scared of the dark." She says to none in particular, before turning her gaze to the scholarly-looking man. She was unsure for a moment whether it would be Lyral's hunting she should talk about, so she did. "So far it has been saying crazy things to holy men. I am hoping it will make sense soon."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

I agree, the twilight is a special time. When night and day, light and dark, are in equilibrium as things should be. The eclipsing of one over the other would be the end of life, not matter which it was.
    With that he followed the rest of the group in.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

As he enters the bar, Lyral straightens his back. Putting on a disarming smile, he walks over to the bar and orders a drink. He takes note of the group at the bar, the elven woman in particular.
    "Hello there. Are the drinks any good?" Maintaining a relaxed pose, he leans on the wood of the bar, making sure that everyone present can see his face.
    Fascinating. It seems as though they have been talking for some time. The man at her side looks promising enough. He looks to be a fellow wanderer. Oh, but how I have ached for such sport as an elf-hunt! I will need to watch my step here. Unless my instincts fail me, the druid will come calling soon, and he seems a powerful sort. I will need to prepare... He moves his eyes subtly, deep in thought even as he studies his surroundings.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    "Barkeep... I'm sorry, that's incredibly rude of me. What exactly is your name, good sir?" Tarmikos begins.

"Do you think you could tell me anything about the victims? Who they were? Why they might have been targeted? Possibly how they were killed, beyond it being a one strike assassination?" Tarmikos inquires, hoping to learn as much as he can.
    "It's not rude at all. That's what everyone calls me. Name's Dagoc.

As for the murders, I don't know much else. The guards were keeping it rather quiet. I only know what I know because some guard got really drunk and let some things slip."

As he enters the bar, Lyral straightens his back. Putting on a disarming smile, he walks over to the bar and orders a drink. He takes note of the group at the bar, the elven woman in particular.
    "Hello there. Are the drinks any good?" Maintaining a relaxed pose, he leans on the wood of the bar, making sure that everyone present can see his face.
    Fascinating. It seems as though they have been talking for some time. The man at her side looks promising enough. He looks to be a fellow wanderer. Oh, but how I have ached for such sport as an elf-hunt! I will need to watch my step here. Unless my instincts fail me, the druid will come calling soon, and he seems a powerful sort. I will need to prepare... He moves his eyes subtly, deep in thought even as he studies his surroundings.
    Dagoc nods at Lyral, asking "What'll you be wanting?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Overhearing the request to order, Algrith buts in(quite rudely) with
    Red wine, good man.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Overhearing the request to order, Algrith buts in(quite rudely) with
    Red wine, good man.
    He pours you out a glass.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Lia
    Spoiler
    Show

"And while I'm asking questions, what about you two? What reason do you have to be in a place like this?" he says, turning his back to the bar while speaking to his drinking partners.

Tarmikos turns his attention towards the mage. "Jorah, you said you knew magic and were employed by your deity. Exactly what trade do you specialize in? And how did it lead you here?"

[COLOR="silve[/I][/I]r"]"And you, Lia..."
    He focuses his gaze upon the woman. "While I can't really get a good read on you, I'm willing to bet that you're just as exciting as you are attractive." He offers her a smile.

"I'm certain that you two probably carry some stories just as interesting as the one I'm involved in, if not more so." Tarmikos turns back to the bar and takes another drink. "I'd be more than happy to listen."

"I'm actually between quests right now; one of the reasons I'm in town! I was on the lookout for fellow adventurer's who might be willing to make some money together. I pause to take a sip from my schnaps, smiling slightly as I do so at his earnest complements. Strawberry. Mmmmmmm!

"My particular speciality is not being seen, though I have some skill at arms as well. My last job for instance - my mark surrounded his pay wagon with 25 armed guards, none of whom thought to watch for overhanging trees! Not that they'd have seen me even if they had," I brag with a grin.

I sip again at my drink. It's a good brew - sweet, but not overly so, the red berries perfectly complemented. "Not quite as sweet as yours!" I jest, noting the near-empty dish of sugar. "In any case, I can turn my hand to just about anything. New skills seem to come easily for me."

As I sip again at my drink a group of four more enter the bar - two scholars and a half-orc woman led by a tall fair man who's clearly some sort of huntsman.

Spoiler
    Show

"Lovely thanks", I say, quietly toasting the newcomer's question. I'm not quite sure what to make of him. On the one hand his introduction has been jovial enough, but though he smiles broadly his pale eyes seem mirthless. I wonder what he does that causes them to be so bloodshot. "What brings you and your companions here this evening?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral laughs at the wine poured in a fresh glass - he politely refuses the alcohol, however.
    "I do not drink, thank you." The strange looking elf and the bard seem to be welcoming enough. Good.
    "I can't speak for them, but I'm here for an adventure of sorts."
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Well I'm certain we can find something for you, friend." Tarmikos replies to the latest guest. "My name is Tarmikos. I'm in a rather jovial mood, so I've been covering the tab recently. Just try not to bankrupt me, if you don't mind!" He lets out a hearty laugh.

Tarmikos leans into the bar, and whispers. "Hey, that coin should still be able to cover for all this, right?"

"And thanks for all the info, by the way, Dagoc. I really appreciate it, although I don't think I'll be able to get too much more done tonight. I probably need to look into some more official sources if I'm to narrow down my search. I'll see if I can find some more options tomorrow... and maybe come back for another sweet drink!" He replies with a grin.

Tarmikos' attention returns to Lia. Despite the initial sense of shock she provided, he finds himself enjoying her company. "I guess my hunch was right about you. Certainly a capable adventurer, though I wouldn't have expected someone so appealing to be also so resourceful. I'll need to keep an eye on you for sure." he smiles at her.

Finally, he returns his focus upon the new group. "So, what's your story, friends?" He marvels for a moment at the number of distinguished looking people. "I never expected there to be so many adventurers here!"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah responds to Tarmikos' inquiries succinctly, hoping to end the line of questioning into his past. "Suffice it to say that I was once directly in the employ of my temple, but certain events transpired, and I learned magery as a result thereof. Since, I have been traveling and learning."

After a pause, he notes a group of four enter the bar, all with the appearance of adventurers. As they approach the bar, he decides he is not particularly interested in further conversing at the moment, and does not call out to them. Upon hearing the first man speak of adventure, however, he takes notice.

He addresses Lyral,"What sort of adventure do you speak of? I myself have need of work, and I am certainly capable myself."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith takes a sip from his wine and thinks to himself <Hmmm, low rent>
    Looking between the newly met elven woman and the human he just met, he starts to open his mouth when he Imaran's look. Taking a drink of the bland wine, he watches the interaction between the two, noticing the changes and body language, the verbal interaction, and those surrounding them while making himself mental notes on the process.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally, he returns his focus upon the new group. "So, what's your story, friends?" He marvels for a moment at the number of distinguished looking people. "I never expected there to be so many adventurers here!"
    I've journeyed from the deep places of the earth, in search of myself. Along the way, I took up with Algirth here, and we've been drifting through cities in search of forgotten lore for the past few months.

We just met our two companions a matter of minutes ago, outside this very inn, so I won't speak for them.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

At Jorah's inquiries, Lyral chuckles, his rich, deep bass voice rumbling in his throat.
    "I like all adventures. I've found the journey is more important than the destination." He returns to his smile. The two 'intellectuals' seem to have their own fill of themselves, but this other fellow seems familiar. He's seen his face before, in the shadowed recesses of a mirror. Perhaps a reformed criminal type story? It had been so long since Lyral spun one of those.
    "My latest journey ended... unfavorably, in a town north of Cleveport. I fell in with some untrustworthy folk, making a lot of bad calls. Figured I'd cut my losses. Ended up here. That's about all there is to it."
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Looking at Lyral, Algrith says I've been in the same situation myself, about 40 years ago. Met up with a group that wanted to locate some old treasure, and there was a promise of my keeping any old texts I could find. It seems that group knew there were no old books yet they led me to believe that there was so I could accompany them. That is the way of people. ending with a slight sigh.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Lia
    "So I guess we're all here to figure out what to do next."

I lean back idly in my chair, and suddenly a glittering blade appears in the air as if summoned there by a spell. I catch my dagger neatly with a twirl and continue to play with it as I attempt to listen in on the conversation of the celebrating group.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Algrith continues I am here looking for lost texts and manuscripts. My experience has been when adventurers go looking for loot and other items in the deep and forgotten recesses of the world, the things I am interested can sometimes be found.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Well, Algrith continues I am here looking for lost texts and manuscripts. My experience has been when adventurers go looking for loot and other items in the deep and forgotten recesses of the world, the things I am interested can sometimes be found.
    Imaran looks faintly surprised -- in the time he had known him, his slightly tetchy friend had never opened up so quickly. Perhaps this would be good for him.

It seems that we are to travel together. Perhaps introductions are in order? My name is Imaran Mestair. I am skilled with my hands, and have some small skill with magic. What are your names?
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-03-07 at 11:03 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, yes names ... important... Algrith Samisthin, collector of antiquities and such. he said, a little befuddled.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral continues to act composed, but he cannot help but feel a shiver of anticipation run through his body at the word 'together'.
    Perfect. This looks promising for now. His eyes shift back and forth between Imaran and Algrith, finally resting on Lia. He cannot help but be mesmerized at her knife-play. Hopefully she would prove to be fun before the end.
    Oh well. If not, there is always the orc to play with.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-07 at 11:13 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

At the prospect of a kinship with the adventurers before him, Tarmikos closed his eyes and smiled. The smile could not reach his eyes, however, and those eyes were shut only for his own sake. Nightmares of the past flooded inward, and he allowed himself to sample some of those memories before repressing them.

"As generous as your offer is," Tarmikos began, rising from his seat. "And as much as I might need the assistance myself, right now I think ensuring I won't have to sleep on the dirt again is my next priority. I probably should have made room at the Inn before taking care of business here, but I had to get as much done as I could."

Tarmikos makes a note of each of the adventurers gathered in the bar. "Should my business in this city match with yours, I would enjoy the chance to work together, provided everyone is on their toes. My name, as I said before, is Tarmikos. Tarmikos Silverkin. I consider myself a warrior of peace. My life has been devoted to the ideals of truth, justice, and love."

He turns once more to the counter. "Dagoc, like I said, thanks for all the info. Any chance you could help me if I gain any new leads? And hopefully there's still plenty of money left, should any of my new friends want anything else. Feel free to keep the rest."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

He turns once more to the counter. "Dagoc, like I said, thanks for all the info. Any chance you could help me if I gain any new leads? And hopefully there's still plenty of money left, should any of my new friends want anything else. Feel free to keep the rest."
    "If I hear anything interesting, I'll let you know."