New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Nest/Karyana's Forest (And Additional Locales) V:

[Motel]
    ((Haven't been able to find the thread, actually.
    I think I'll try to get the Gaunt dealio started tomorrow, since I'm not on all that much longer tonight.))
    Sherry giggles, enjoying this.
    ---
    [W5]
    She grins and kisses her again.
    ---
    [T's]
    Pass seems to consider the idea of going out in one's sleeping attire, but decides it's not very good.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

((Here you go.))

[Motel]

Talina, eventually, as she's getting rather close to dozing off, and wants to stay awake, moves to sit up and hug them both, going to kiss Sherry as she does.

[W5]

Karyana grins back, and once more is quite happy to return Aseti's kiss, going to scratch the coyote-girl's ears as she does.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

((Thanks!))
    [Motel]
    Sherry kisses back, hugging her close. Jen snuggles close as well.
    ---
    [W5]
    Zwei's hands seem to get wandery, as do Aseti's, the coyote girl really enjoys the ear-scratchies.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"Then you should probably go get dressed, love..."
    , Talnissa points out, grinning back at her. "Unless you want to go out in a nightshirt, that is, which is fine if you do, but I rather doubt."
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Pass seems to consider the idea of going out in one's sleeping attire, but decides it's not very good.
    Kara looks down at herself, squeaks in surprise, blushes fiercely, and flees back into the bedroom to get changed!

[Moor]

Talia nods, hugging her friend, and quietly saying something in one of the fae-tongues, which, though it's unlikely she can understand it, should cheer her somewhat.
    Dani does indeed smile, and hugs Talia even more tightly back!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    ((Thanks!))
    [Motel]
    Sherry kisses back, hugging her close. Jen snuggles close as well.
    ---
    [W5]
    Zwei's hands seem to get wandery, as do Aseti's, the coyote girl really enjoys the ear-scratchies.
    ((You're welcome!))

[Motel]

Talina happily returns their snuggling, and is quite happy to continue kissing the elf for a while.

[W5]

Karyana certainly doesn't mind, and her own, other than those providing scritching to Aseti's ears, start to wander as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

Kara looks down at herself, squeaks in surprise, blushes fiercely, and flees back into the bedroom to get changed!

[Moor]

Dani does indeed smile, and hugs Talia even more tightly back!

[T's]

Talnissa laughs softly, looking amused, and a bit surprised that Kara didn't realize she was dressed only in a nightshirt, and sits down to wait for her.

[Moor]

Talia smiles as well, perfectly happy to hold her friend for a while, and makes another of the non-dampening steam baths around them.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]
    Jen rubs their backs, grinning as they have fun.
    ---
    [W5]
    Aseti begins to reach for a curtain, giggling. Since I'm deadtiming, Tsiln and Zwei will follow suit if Karyana lets it be so.
    ---
    [T's]
    Kara seems to be quite an attractive and pleasant person. I am glad that you two are so close.

Deadtime.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-03-27 at 10:03 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]

Talina grins as well, enjoying all of this, and, after a bit, goes to kiss the Gaunt girl.

[W5]

Karyana grins, reabsorbing her clothes, and happily assisting Aseti in pulling the curtain.

[T's]

"She is," Talnissa agrees, nodding, and smiling happily. "And I'm glad we're so close too."

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]
    She kisses back, giggling and nestling close.
    ---
    [W5]
    Afterward, Zwei is snuggled next to Karyana, with Tsiln on her other side and Aseti on the vampire's.
    ---
    [T's]
    Pass smiles her mild little smile, awaiting Kara's return.
    ---
    ((Gaunt Writeup!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Gaunts

The Gaunts are the product of eldritch forces working in conjunction with viral mutation upon humanoids. Their standard ranks are categorized into four breeds and two stages each.

Gaunts may undergo personality shifts related to their breed as they undergo the process of going from the brief "unbred" stage to a breed type. However, their original personality may have an effect on the breed they become.

Gaunts will instinctively form a hive when many of them are together. One individual, if there is not one already, will become the Oracle, which is the connection between the hive and the eldritch forces they call The Haze.
    They usually hunt, not shying away from sapient prey (though livestock will do) and not often eating plant material. All Gaunts can produce a resinous material for use in the construction of their hives; they prefer to take over existing structures, usually run-down abandoned buildings, and repurpose them with their own construction.

Sulfur Breed.
    Stage 1: Soldier (♂)
    The Soldier has a bit of muscular bulk, but its most important attribute is the bone blades in its forearms, which slide out at the wrists. The forearms and calves also develop a tough epidermal layer. The Soldier has a tendency to use one arm for its blade and put a makeshift shield on the other arm. They can strike sparks from the bone and shield, which they use to light makeshift firebombs sometimes.
    They are aggressive and somewhat irritable, usually serving as guards of a hive and assault troops. Some will also hunt, especially if the intended prey is dangerous. They are not above resorting to fire in their efforts to destroy threats, but only when away from the hive.

Stage 2: Phrezon (♃)
    The Phrezon is more muscular and taller than a Soldier. Its retractable bone blades are fearsome, augmented with metal. Their shields have been reduced to gauntlets, and their elbows hold small blades as well---their entire forearms are deadly weapons. They can quickly scrape their arm-blades together to let loose a blinding, red-hot shower of sparks and flame. They are able to do so because of a chemical they naturally exude onto the blades.
    They are the heavy assault troops and elite guard of the hive, usually directly protecting the Oracle or leading groups of Soldiers. They are extremely aggressive.
    ----

Carmine Breed.
    Stage 1: Flyer (♀)
    The Flyer is immediately identifiable by its arms, which have become batlike wings. The fingerbones between which the wing membrane is stretched are clawed, so the wings themselves are fairly dangerous. They also have clawed, grasping toes and are very good climbers. Most Gaunt are, actually. The Flyer can fly fairly well, though it sticks mostly to short flights and gliding.
    They are curious and playful, but can be vicious. They tend to serve as shock troops and scouts.

Stage 2: Nithos (♅)
    The Nithos is distinguishable from the Flyer mainly by its greater size and its leg structure. Its legs have shifted into a more digitigrade posture, with longer grasping toes. The vestigal hands on their wing-arms have also become more useful. Their wings are stronger than they theoretically should be, making them very good fliers. Their razor-tipped wings are deadly, and the buffeting gusts they can stir up are just as troublesome.
    They are the scout leaders of the hive, sending out patrols and sentries to make sure nothing happens near the hive without their knowing. Nithosa take a sort of manic joy in their job.
    ----

Malachite Breed.
    Stage 1: Creeper (☿)
    The Creeper has great leg strength as well as gripping hands and feet; while all Gaunts climb, the Creeper can hang to ceilings or walls a long time.
    The Creeper usually carries a twisted cord of sinew to use as a garotte. They are excellent at stealth and good vocal mimics. They patrol the fringes of the hive territory and ensnare intruders.
    They are calm, but can be timid or apathetic. They tend to serve as roving sentries.

Stage 2: Ketos (♆)
    The Ketos is taller than the Creeper, with amazing leg strength---they can make impressive leaps and deadly kicks. They are also masters of stealth, hanging from ceilings with only their feet and descending with their sinew nooses to steal the very life from their prey. They are able to mimic voices as well as other noises, even ones like falling wood or breaking glass.
    They rule the sentries and are the hive's spymasters. Ketosa are calm and quiet, tending to take things in stride.
    ----

Obsidian Breed.
    Stage 1: Griever (⊕)
    The Griever's fingers are long, double-jointed, and fearsomely taloned. They make devastating weapons and are very dextrous. A Griever tends to take solitude, using its deft and powerful claws to cobble together objects with resin. They make shelters, shields, sometimes weapons. Grievers are vicious when interrupted; it's not uncommon for someone to come upon them as they are hunched and despondant in a corner and, mistaking them for a normal person, get slashed to ribbons when they check to see if the "poor crying person" is okay.
    They also serve as medics, and (having the greatest resin production) are the builders of the hive. They are high-strung, somewhat fussy, and easily upset.

Stage 2: Nykos (♄)
    The Nykos is a nightmare on two legs. Taller than the Griever, a Nykos's talons are capable of taking apart complex devices for cannibalism of parts. They are the surgeons, smiths, and engineers of the hive and their mood swings are terror to any Stage 1 Gaunts---and concern even Stage 2s.
    ----

No real breed.
    Stage 0: Unbred. (◑)
    The Unbred has small claws and pale skin, but does not look much different from a normal lifeform. This stage usually lasts around a week before the new Gaunt's breed settles.

Stage Ω: Oracle (☉)
    An Oracle emerges from an Unbred Gaunt. Oracles are the psionic bridge between a hive and the eldritch forces that are behind the existence of the Gaunt. They can break a foe's mind by channeling part of a starborn consciousness to touch the mind of the enemy. Despite their psychic abilities, they are usually heavily guarded by Soldiers and hiding Creepers behind security enforced by Griever-made shelters while Harpies keep watch from above.

Stage Ω+: Godhead (☥)
    The Godhead isn't so much a new stage as an expansion on a stage; it is not even confirmed, but is said to be a much more powerful kind of Oracle. If Oracles are like "hive queens" then Godheads are like some sort of empress.

))
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-03-28 at 07:25 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]

Talina grins, holding the kiss until Jen breaks off, snuggling close to them both.

"This is nice, love. It's been too long since we all took a day and just relaxed..."

[W5]

Karyana is grinning happily, nestled as close to Aseti and her wife as possible.

"Mm... It was definitely a good idea to invite you two over."

((Interesting. I assume the Harpy mentioned in the Oracle description is a form of Carmine?

Also, do you have any particular plans for this?))
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-28 at 07:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

((Oops, missed that one---I changed any names that were names of other mythical creatures to avoid confusion.
    I think it'd be interesting to start with one of a few scenarios; perhaps a small group of Gaunts accompanying their Oracle to start a new hive, or possibly Gaunts on a mission from an established hive.))
    [Motel]
    They both nod; Nycca and Vo seem to have gone off to leave them alone.
    ---
    [W5]
    Aseti is happily asleep, while Tsiln and Zwei nod, grinning.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-03-28 at 07:46 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'd be fine with either of those, or both, though the first would probably be easiest in terms of getting used to the Gaunts.))

[Motel]

Talina smiles, looking somewhat amused.

"Nycca and Vo are very considerate, aren't they?"

[W5]

Karyana reaches over Zwei to stroke Tsilns wingnubs, smiling.

"So... Why is it you weren't really up for Ashley being with Ally, but you're fine with Tsiln and Aseti being with us?"

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

((The first one, then. Which breed do you like best?))
    [Motel]
    Jen giggles, nodding.
    ---
    [W5]
    Zwei frowns a little.
    Well... that was something we didn't find out about until after it began, and it kept her away from us sometimes...
    This is different, we're all together and we agreed and stuff...

She seems a little disheartened by thinking about Ashley and Ally again; Tsiln chitters and nuzzles her to cheer her up.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

((Obsidian or Malachite, I think.))

[Motel]

Talina snuggles closer to the Gaunt girl, reaching out to rub one of her hands.

[W5]

Karyana frowns as well, hugging Zwei tightly.

"Sorry, love... But that makes sense, I think."

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

((Cool!))
    [Motel]
    She sighs and snuggles closer.
    ---
    [W5]
    Zwei hugs her back tightly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]

Talina smiles, quite content to snuggle her friends, and rub Jen's hands, for the moment. Though eventually, unless something else happens, she'll pause, and take some of the breakfast she made.

[W5]

Karyana smiles a bit, rubbing her wife's back with one sets of arms, and holding her close with the other four.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]
    Sherry snuggles close as well, smiling.
    ---
    [W5]
    Zwei smiles again, laying her head on her shoulder.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

((Just to make sure we're not waiting on each other, you're the one starting the Gaunt-thing, correct?))

[Motel]

Talina grins, offering her some of the whatever-it-is that was made.

"We really should have invited you over sooner, I think..."

[W5]

Karyana's smile widens, pleased that Zwei seems to be happy again.

"You feeling better, l'sani?"

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yes. I'll try starting it when I get home tomorrow.))
    [Motel]
    She takes some, grinning.
    "Glad to be here now!"
    ---
    [W5]
    She nods, smiling a little.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]

Talina grins back, nodding.

"I'm glad you are too! You make good company, in bed and out."

[W5]

Karyana smiles back at her, going to rub Tsiln's wingnubs.

"Good... And I'm sorry about bringing it up in the first place."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-28 at 09:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]
    She giggles, grinning, and deadtimes.
    ---
    [W5]
    It's okay, it wasn't your fault...
    Tsiln smiles and also deadtimes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]

Talina smiles, nestling close to them both, and slipping into a half-doze.

[W5]

"I know... I just don't like making you feel bad, y'know?"
    , Karyana says, smiling softly, and going to kiss her wife.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

((Alright, I think starting the Gaunt thing today would be good; which breed do you want to play?))
    [Motel]
    Sherry is awake and smiling when Talina wakes.
    ---
    [W5]
    She kisses back; Aseti wakes, yawning and snuggling close.
    "Hi guys!"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hm... I'll go with an Obsidian.))

[Motel]

Talina smiles, snuggling up to the elf, and glancing over to see if Jen is awake too.

[W5]

Karyana smiles, going to put an arm around Aseti, and holding the kiss with Zwei until she breaks off.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

((I think I'll go with a Sulfur then. I'll start in a bit.))
    [Motel]
    Jen is still asleep.
    ---
    [W5]
    Zwei grins as they break off.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]

"Sorry about falling asleep there...", Talina says, starting to rub her friend's back.

[W5]

Karyana grins back at Zwei, holding her and Aseti close.

"Love you three..."

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

[Motel]
    "It's okay!" Sherry grins.
    ---
    [W5]
    Love you too.
    Mmm-hmm!

Tsiln nods in agreement, smiling.
    ---
    [Abandoned Building]
    A small, sickly-skinned girl is curled up in a ragged blanket in a corner of this burned-out building, which might have been a doctor's office once.
    Another figure stalks in, dragging a dead deer. This one is somewhat tall and sinewy, with messy reddish-blonde hair with a ragged look to it, as if badly cut.
    Wake up, I brought breakfast.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

((Just to make sure, the sickly person on the blanket is my Griever, right? I just wanted to check, since it sounds like she could be an Oracle too...))

[Motel]

Talina grins back, and goes to kiss her, hands wandering a bit.

[W5]

Karyana smiles back at the Execuloth, going to lift her over Zwei, and pull her into a hug.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

And it's at about this point that Kara returns, dressed in a nicely modest business suit type outfit, and a pair of small yet distinguished glasses that add to her professional demeanor!

[Moor]

Dani, after a little while, dozes off in Talia's arms. D'awwww!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

[AB]
    ((That's the Oracle; your Griever can be with them or anywhere else if you want.))
    The Soldier gal clears a space on the floor and sets down the deer, going to get a fire going.
    ---
    [Motel]
    Sherry's hands are just as wandery!
    ---
    [W5]
    Tsiln giggles, hugging back.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

[T's]

Talnissa grins at Kara when she comes out.

"You look good, love... Where do you want to go for breakfast?"

[Moor]

Talia smiles, and, after a bit, dozes off as well, still holding Dani.

[AB]

Meanwhile, in another corner of the building, across the room from the Oracle, is a tall, though not as tall as the Soldier, and thinner, girl, with short black hair, also rather ragged looking; she appears to be putting the finishing touches on a resin knife.

"Welcome back."

[Motel]

Talina grins, and, after a bit, reaches for the curtain.

[W5]

Karyana smiles happily, and goes to kiss her.