New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Karaglen's Room]

Room exploration would probably take awhile, if Karaglen had much in there to take up time. So instead the time inevitably devolves into a bit of cuddling.
    It's Karaglen and a puppy, cuddling is a thing that cannot be avoided.

Although, at some point, that strangely mood that had led the girl to this moment returns.
    A serious expression appears on her face, leading up to a serious stare at the puppy. Another desperately important decision has been made. At least this time, she doesn't decide to dangle the little wolf in the air in front of her.
    "You need a name, I think. Can't keep calling you Fuzzy, like your mom..."

She ponders for a moment, a short one.
    "I think you'll be my Morry."
    My Morsecuri.
    The newly dubbed Morry celebrates this decision by trying to lick Karalgen's face.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-23 at 10:12 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Whatever's tastiest!"
    Vincent says.

He has no clue at all.
    Caroline hands him the plate with veggies and some meat. No, I meant why were you looking for me? she smiles and takes her own plate, placing at the table.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Oh man. That's two fails in one conversation. Yeesh.

"Well... Missy said you needed to see me about something?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Really? Because she said..... Caroline looks down at Misty, who's sitting on the floor, looking up at them both, looking innocent.

I guess she wanted us to be together. Caroline says, then goes back to the lamb. She begins placing what's left of it on the floor for the three carsets to eat.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"Uh-huh...." Vincent says, shooting Missy a look.

Can't really stay too mad at her. They spend time together anyways.

He's quiet as he watches them eat though. Definitely thinking about something.

Shocker, I know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Once food arrives, the Carsets pounce on it as if they haven't eaten in days. As they eat, Misty's continue to glance up at Vincent and Caroline. Junior growls if he thinks Vincent's looking his way, which is almost constantly. And Tony eats very delicately, enjoying his meal. He does bap Junior on the head once, but then goes nback to his business.

Caroline sits down and watches Vincent eat.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

*checks*
    Oh hey, Vincent did get something to eat!

Vincent eats his food. It's an odd experience to be sure. Eating without being able to taste.

He mostly ignores the three cubs.

"This is good." He says.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

*checks*
    Oh hey, Vincent did get something to eat!

Vincent eats his food. It's an odd experience to be sure. Eating without being able to taste.

He mostly ignores the three cubs.

"This is good." He says.
    Caroline smiles, then begins to eat her own. You really like it? she asks between bites.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Dipsnig's office

"Thank you, Sir." Lady Raennall finishes the conversation with these words and a crisp, business-like nod. Something about the gesture implies that it serves as a salute where she is from. Then she heads out.

Main room and other random locations.

Lady Raennall, the newest probationary member of N.O. heads out into the base looking for someone who would be skilled with ranged weapons and eager for a little adventure.

[Beastpens]

The boy and the pony both look at the dinosaur with surprise. The war-horse takes a step forward, trying to put itself between the feathered, clawed reptile and the other two.

"She says it is alright, Bheerente." Thein says softly to the big horse. 'She' clearly means Roxie. The animal still does not move though.

Should Thein get the chance he will thank Roxie for her work.

The wolf's sniffing is tolerated well by Thein, who sees it as dog-like behavior. The horses shift their feet nervously, following the instincts of prey animals.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Kitchen}

Caroline smiles, then begins to eat her own. You really like it? she asks between bites.
    [Kitchen]

"It's... delightful." Vincent says, trying to think on how to describe it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Caroline nearly glows upon hearing the compliment. Awesome! You're the first to try my cooking. Well, besides the kids. she nods back toward the Carsets.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"Oh? They're kids now?" Vincent says glancing at the Carsets.
    Well...
    They do act like them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"Oh? They're kids now?" Vincent says glancing at the Carsets.
    Well...
    They do act like them.
    Of course they are. They're my babies. She reaches down to scritch their heads, one at a time. They all fight a little to be the first.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Vincent finds that just a little disturbing. Women. Oh well.

"Well they certainly seem very fond of you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Melody smiles down at them. Yes, because they love their mommy. Then sits back up. What are you planning to do today?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"Oh... I dunno. Level up some I suppose."
    He doesn't sound particularly enthused.

"You?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dipsnig's Office

Slii approaches the office apprehensively, having spent some time practicing his bowing and scraping in advance. He has the bag of gold from the mission still in hand, hoping that the sight of the gold will appease his master.

He knocks, and then steps back, half expecting Dipsnig to swing the door open swiftly to whap him accross the face.

"Oh highest and most grand of masters, Slii brings word of a mission."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Come in, Slii, Dipsnig says. If he opens the door, he will see Dipsnig sitting in front of his desk in the small room.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #49

Dipsnig's Office

"Yes-yes, I shall quick-scurry to your side." Slii does just that, opening the door with one hand and holding out the sack of gold like a warding talisman before him.

"Slii has many successes to report my most lenient and honorable master, as well as some slight, minor, worrisome little trouble that pales in comparison to the great riches Slii has acquired at great risk for the glorious stockpile of clan NO." He shakes his hand once at the wrist, letting the gold chink in the bag.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig sighs and leans back in his chair. Well, if he has money, it can't be all that bad... Let's hear it about the "tiny worrisome little trouble" first.

21. - Top - End - #51

Dipsnig's Office

Slii cringes, but scurries closer to the desk, attempting to lay the sack on its edge.

"Slii was tasked with aiding two man-things in capturing a bounty, put forth by Remnant, for the amount of five thousand gold. Of that amount, two thousand was to go to NO mercenaries, and three to the two men who hired Slii. The trouble began when it was revealed that the traitorous half-thing, Marciano had a side deal in the shadows, that drove him to try to capture this bounty for himself. Much money he was being paid, and he remarked he wished to buy slaves with this. Slii would have ended his pathetic, worthless life had it not been for interference by the bounty's friend-mates. They paid off the filthy half-thing, a ridiculous amount, and Slii let the bounty go in exchange for the full amount of the ransom, five thousand gold. Slii recommends that no further contracts should be taken from this Marciano, and that if seen, he should be captured for his slaving ways."

Lay all the blame on the nasty hobbitses Slii, and maybe you'll save your hide for not getting a significant amount of that half a million gold Marciano weaseled out of the poor saps that called Marty friend.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig's ears fall back and downwards a little and his fangs seem to stick out just a little futher. He puts the fingers of his hands together and looks at Slii above them.
    That's... Lord Below, what a mess. Let me get this straight - this Marciano brought you there to help him catch a guy Remnant had put a bounty on only to reveal that he had made a side-deal and try to seize him for himself? If so, he needs to be found and made an example of.

23. - Top - End - #53

Dipsnig's Office

Slii's mouth turns up in a feral grin. Blame successfully deflected, for now. Now to pile on some sweet, satisfying vengance.

"Slii has the half-thing's scent, and can teach it to his spyrats. If master Dipsnig wills it, I will drop the breeding plans to start the next wave of specialized spyrats and instead work on something far worse. Slii knows of a breed, the most perfect hunter-killers that clan Moulder ever created, that he can attempt to engineer from scratch. It may take time, but once finished Slii can assure you they will find-kill this half-thing and get revenge for clan NO."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig nods. He needs to know why he dies painfully, though. More importantly, everyone else needs to know as well. So that they know what happens when you try to screw us over.

25. - Top - End - #55

Dipsnig's Office

Slii nods slowly. That does present a problem.

"Then Slii shall merely keep tabs on the wretched half-thing, until his most cunning master comes up with a way to tell all of the consequences of dealing double with clan NO?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"Oh... I dunno. Level up some I suppose."
    He doesn't sound particularly enthused.

"You?"
    Caroline quirks her head and looks at Vincent, curious. Are you alright?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Kitchen}

Caroline quirks her head and looks at Vincent, curious. Are you alright?
    {Kitchen}

"Yeah... I just..."
    He pauses, wondering how to phrase it.
    "Would... would you like me more if I was more grown up? Like you?"
    Ah. Well there certainly is a distinct age difference now and Catoline made that quite clear last time she was around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Caroline blinks. Vincent I... I love you as you are. What brought this on? She says, turning to him. She reaches out a hand to take his.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"Well... you said you didn't like me cause... I was a little boy and I know I'm never going to grow up. Not... normally anyways..."

Vincent's hand is taken and he looks at it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Caroline looks shocked. I.... whatever she was about to say is paused as Catoline lets Caroline remember. She swallows, gets up, and tries to hug Vincent. Is this something you want, or is it something you are thinking about, only because of my evil, conceitted inner-voice that should never be listened to?