New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Kirk's Room]

Kirk shakes his head. Apparently there was no convincing her otherwise. "I'm considering it. Nothing is a sure thing."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"And I'm hoping it goes well." Dena replies, smiling as she leans back in Kirk's bed. "So what do you think your babies will be like?"

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

Kirk rubs his eyes. "You'd think you'd know by now that I wouldn't want children." He knows Dena's just trying to get under his skin. Trouble is, it's working.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Noone has," Dipsnig says in response to Ordo. "I'm going to be paying you. There's a religion known as the Cult of Dalachrech. Dalachrech is a demon lord of invertebrates. They keep slaves. So I want you to gather information about them, which I will send to Watchtower and other people who might want to destroy them. They have temples in several places of a varying degree of secrecy. I already have a mole in their temple in Riverside, and I know they have one in Underside."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "The boss actually paying me for once. Imagine that," Ordo says, making a cheap joke. Joking's not normally his thing, either, unless you count snide remarks. "Don't worry about it Shanaya. We're all a long way from professional here. Cept' maybe Bianca." And that time, he's not joking. Mr. Ventrii turns his head toward the 'former' assassin, and discovers that she's giving him a suspicious look. "What?"
    Bianca smiles at Ordo. Oh, it's nothing, Boss. Just waiting for your command.

Bianca then goes to pat Shanaya on the head. Oh, you're coming along, short-stuff. You need to learn, and what a better opportunity than working along-side a couple of veterans.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Door]

In a different timeline, when Dipsnig is away from the base, a goblin messenger rides up to the base on a wolf, bearing a letter in a thick envelope.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Door

After a minute, the door will be answered by the resident creepy medical robot, CB-484. "Hello, and welcome to NO," he says. "Can we help you today?"

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Door]

"Yeah," says the goblin, reaching out to hand CB the envelope. "I have an offer for you mercs. All details are in the envelope."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Door

CB will take the envelope and open it. He reads the job, taking note of the payment offered, and the expected cost.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Door]

The list reads:

Mercenaries needed to aid with an expedition deep into Underside, in search of a rare mineral. The expedition will require protection as well as aid in navigating the tunnels and locating the mineral. Payment will be in cash, depending on the dangers faces.

Zortnak Razortooth, Etnerpreneur

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Door

CB then puts the note back in the envelope. "Can you fill out a form concerning the details of this job, or are you simply a messenger?" If he can, CB will provide the goblin with a proper job form to fill out.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Door]

"'Fraid I'm just the messenger. Inquiries should be made at [Address], Underside Colony," the goblin replies.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-11-21 at 10:25 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Door

"Very well. I will forward this to our leader, who will make more inquiries if he so desires."

If the goblin has nothing more to say, CB will close the door and go to put this on the job board, filing out the form as best as he can himself.

Job: Aid with an expedition deep into Underside
    Hired by: Zortnak Razortooth (Morty)
    Target: Rare mineral (run by Morty)
    Job assigned to: (pending)
    Payment: Payment will be in cash, depending on the dangers faced.
    Notes: (The message itself is pinned here)

13. - Top - End - #1213

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Main Room]Bianca smiles at Ordo. Oh, it's nothing, Boss. Just waiting for your command.

Bianca then goes to pat Shanaya on the head. Oh, you're coming along, short-stuff. You need to learn, and what a better opportunity than working along-side a couple of veterans.
    [Main Room]

Shanaya closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath. "OkayfineI'mgoing," she says all in one breath.

She nods, and then tries to figure out how this could be beneficial to her. Oh! Maybe this evil slave-keeping cult will have a shrine to the Dragon Queen somewhere! As soon as she thinks this, she becomes much more interested and energetic in going.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-11-22 at 01:47 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Arright. Like I said, they have confirmed temples in Riverside and Underside. I think they also have something somewhere in the fields, but I'm not sure. Find out whatever you can, however you can. Any information is valuable," Dipsnig says.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room- Previously}

Bianca turns to Ordo. So, Boss, how do you wish to proceed? There are two places to go. Maybe I could go to the one in Riverside, and you and the welp head toward Underside? ((Wherever that is. ))

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Halfling in the Playground

[Main Room - Previously]

"That sounds fair enough. C'mon, pup. We've got sneaking to do," Ordo says, walking toward the armory. "If you want any weapons or equipment, grab them now."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1217

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

Kirk rubs his eyes. "You'd think you'd know by now that I wouldn't want children." He knows Dena's just trying to get under his skin. Trouble is, it's working.
    [Kirk's Room]

"And yet you keep trying to have them, maybe there really is a part of you deep inside that want to raise this big black family?" Dena suggests with a amused smile, perfectly aware that a similar statement was used to tease her sometime ago.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-27 at 06:16 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"You're reasoning is absolutely astounding, Dena. Clearly that's why I like sex. I secretly want children." He says in his most flat, deadpan voice.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room- Previously}

Bianca leaves to head for Riverside.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room- Previously}

Almost.

She turns around and steps in front of Dipsnig, saluting stiffly with a soft thud of her heals. She waits patiently in this position for his reaction.

21. - Top - End - #1221

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Main Room - Previously]

"That sounds fair enough. C'mon, pup. We've got sneaking to do," Ordo says, walking toward the armory. "If you want any weapons or equipment, grab them now."
    Waiting in Main Room for Ordo to get Back

Shanaya nods. "To Underside we go!"

Seeing Ordo go towards the Armory, the young girl waits. "I've already got everything I need." Besides, she's not allowed in the armory yet.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Halfling in the Playground

No Longer Waiting

Ordo returns with a hefty-looking backpack and a new set of clothes. Dressed all in black, nice and warm to boot, the psion starts toward the door.

"Let's go, kid!" He hails. And I suppose I shall post in Underside.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Main Room- Previously}

Almost.

She turns around and steps in front of Dipsnig, saluting stiffly with a soft thud of her heals. She waits patiently in this position for his reaction.
    Dipsnig gives Bianca a tired look and waves his hand.
    "Yeah, dismissed."

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room- Previously}

Bianca smiles in return, but only lowers her arm to her side, continuing to stand straight and look over Dipsnig's head. No sir. I wished to ask if there is a contact, or a specific sector of Riverside I should look for this evil sect? Sir.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room - Previously]

"Knock it off, Bianca," Dipsnig says irritably. "We're not in an army. And we do have a mole in the Riverside temple, but I'd rather you didn't blow her cover. The temple is in the northern district of the town."

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room- Previously}

Bianca unstiffens. Fiiine. You know Dipsny, sometimes you're no fun at all. She then takes a step back, and slips into a nearby shadow, waving bye with a smile as she goes down.

Next stop, Northside of Riverside.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

"You're reasoning is absolutely astounding, Dena. Clearly that's why I like sex. I secretly want children." He says in his most flat, deadpan voice.
    [Kirk's Room]

"Well, aren't you even curious what it would be like? You're a great deal older then me after all and you have spend most of your days just ***** around. Have the idea of being a family man never entered your head?" She mostly seems amused at this idea so she probably isn't taking it all too seriously.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"I can honestly say that I hadn't considered it a possibility. It really doesn't seem like a me thing to do." Kirk doesn't mention that pursuing an actual relationship doesn't either, but that's still completely different.

29. - Top - End - #1229

[Kirk's Room]

"It doesn't." Dena agrees, thinking on who'd make a bet on that. She imagined some pretty sweet odds. "So when can I met Tina again? I'm starting to miss her actually. Not as much as you though I imagine." She says with a sweet smile.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room-Door

A man knocks at the door with a gnarled, gloved hand. He walks with a crutch that used to be composed of sleek ebony wood. Now, there's a piece chipped off, the handle is slightly dented, and the crutch has odd brownish, rust-colored stains. He wears a long navy coat, now ripped up at the bottom, several bullet holes in the back of the long coat. He wears his wide-brimmed, ripped hat. He has a brown-grey messy beard, that matches his long grey hair. His left leg is wooden, and clunks as he walks. He wears ripped up gloves, and black trousers. He has some kind of leather armor underneath the coat. He taps and adjusts his boot. Hello? Are ye in there?