New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Dena's Room]

"Lage disappeared about a year ago actually. Apparently he ended up here, we met by chance on the streets." Dena explains.

"And it took her no less then 10 minutes to make a bet." The dwarf comments with a smirk.

The drow just shakes her head. "You were already drunk when I met you so you can't say anything." She gestures to Kirk, "Kirk here is from some other world and the member of the same organization as me."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Harnel remains quiet, letting Cessie and Esther talk, since they seem to have hit it off rather well so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk chuckles at the two. "Several different, but yes. Been in the Nexus for over a year now. It's funny how people are drawn here." He says.

4. - Top - End - #364

[Main Room]

"A sound policy, but from my experience mercenaries are usually just greedy brutes, no offense to you of course seeing you don't seem to fit that image at all."

[Dena's Room]

"Not so funny as you think elf, things can get bloody grim here. Maybe if it isn't as bad as Athas, people can die like flies here. Was nearly as bad as the rebellion back at Tyr at one point, got better though." Lage says with look at Kirk.

Dena suddenly seems to squirm uncomfortably where she sits, "Mm, well people are more diverse here too. Never thought I would see another drow in my life."

"Except the black sand raiders of course."

"Yeah, really original name there. No wonder I forgot them."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"A common stereotype as I understand it. One hardly representative of the whole." Esther says. She doesn't seem at all offended. "It's a career like any other, really. If more dangerous than many."

[Dena's Room]

Lage earns himself a curious look from Kirk. "There's certainly more drow around here than I would have expected." What with a House having a presence in the city. "I tend to keep my distance, though." The drow slips his hands into his pockets and fiddles with something in one.

6. - Top - End - #366

[Main Room]

"Indeed, I myself have been subjected to various stereotypes during my days. Whatever role you choose to take stereotypes are sure to follow. What made you take up such a line of work anyway?" She asks curiously, not really being able to picture Esther as an mercenary.

[Dena's Room]

The other drow nods. "I haven't seen much of them honestly, but they all seem like your kind of drow. The crazy kind." She tells Kirk.

"As opposed to yer murderous kind?" The dwarf asks with a flick of his controller.

"So what are you doing here anyway Kirky?" Dena asks, ignoring her friends comment.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-23 at 06:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"It's simple. I required a safe location for my hive and NO would provide it in exchange for my services." Eshter explains.

[Dena's Room]

"I came because I have a gift for you." The drow produces a small box from his pocket. He smirks as he opens it, in such a way that Lage can see as well. Inside are a pair of very expensive looking diamond earrings. He's looking forward to seeing Dena explain this without revealing the real reason behind the gift.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Jit enters, having followed the directions Quinn gave him. The time warper looks around for a front desk or the equivalent.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #369
    Halfling in the Playground

Main Room

There's a certain red-haired psion standing around, drinking your average Earth Mountain Dew. Ordo looks at the newcomer and blinks a little, small bags under his eyes. "Oy. You're s'posed to knock, pal."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-23 at 10:55 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

My apologies. I was told to look for employment here.
    Jit looks similar to my avatar, though perhaps with a streak of grey in his hair at this point. No visible weapons, but when did that mean anything in the Town.

Also, any attempt the psion makes for mental contact will find a solid barrier around his mind. Just FYI.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig and Kirk should be making their way towards NO along the mountain slope. While they're still a good distance away, Dipsnig says to the drow:
    That guy wants to put moles in all organizations and then feed us information in exchange for an alliance. I'm sure he has an ulterior motive, but I'm not sure what it is yet.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Main Room]

My apologies. I was told to look for employment here.
    Jit looks similar to my avatar, though perhaps with a streak of grey in his hair at this point. No visible weapons, but when did that mean anything in the Town.

Also, any attempt the psion makes for mental contact will find a solid barrier around his mind. Just FYI.
    Ordo, while he has some telepathic powers, isn't the type to go poking around in another person's mind. "Oh. You want a job? We're still a lot easier to join than the other orgs. Just sign this," Ordo offers him a brief form, with plenty of space for elaboration. "I think you'll be on probation awhile, but it shouldn't matter much."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #373

[Dena's Room]

Diamond earnings? Oh geez.
    The dwarf chuckles. "Just like the stories."

Dena seem more amazed thought even thought it's clear she know why Kirk would give them to her. "Are those real? Kirk, I know you like to pay me back, but you should get those exchanged. I can't accept those since they must have been extremely expensive and I know I wouldn't be able to use them. Thanks though, I really appreciate it." She ensures him with an look in his eyes.

Lage just shakes his head at the situation, staring back at the screen for a moment while the drow talk.

[Main Room]

"I see, so whose the leader around here then? The one that hired you I mean." Cessie asks curiously. "You remind me of the spirits we have back home, just more social."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-24 at 01:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Ordo, while he has some telepathic powers, isn't the type to go poking around in another person's mind. "Oh. You want a job? We're still a lot easier to join than the other orgs. Just sign this," Ordo offers him a brief form, with plenty of space for elaboration. "I think you'll be on probation awhile, but it shouldn't matter much."
    [Main Room]

Jit takes the form and quickly fills it out before handing it back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Jit Falnon
    Race: Human (basically)
    Profession: Mercenary (originally trained in assassination, but fully capable in other roles)
    Reason for joining: Need something to do.
    Possible services offered to would-be employers: Experience commanding small groups of men, stealth expertise, variety of technology, a degree of psychic powers (mostly relating to rudimentary telepathy)

Anything else?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk frowns. "I wouldn't trust anyone so generous. If we were going to go along with this we'd want to know exactly what he's planning. Unless we can ensure they can't be traced back to us if they screw up."

[Main Room]

"Our leader is Dipsnig Razortooth." Esther replies. She looks curious as well at Cessie's last statement. "Really? How so? I'm afraid I would know nothing of your spirits."

[Dena's Room]

Kirk chuckles, but doesn't take the earrings away yet. "I have to insist. You deserve nothing less." Kirk's expression reveals his amusement at Dena's discomfort.

16. - Top - End - #376

[Main Room]

Jit takes the form and quickly fills it out before handing it back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Jit Falnon
    Race: Human (basically)
    Profession: Mercenary (originally trained in assassination, but fully capable in other roles)
    Reason for joining: Need something to do.
    Possible services offered to would-be employers: Experience commanding small groups of men, stealth expertise, variety of technology, a degree of psychic powers (mostly relating to rudimentary telepathy)

Anything else?
    "Not much. You might need the boss's approval," Ordo explains, looking the sheet over. This fellow seems useful. "Just, uh, don't accept any jobs for assassinations. We don't do that here."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

[On the Way to the Base]

Yeah... and that's not an easy thing to do around here, Dipsnig says as Kullervo carries him up the road. Either this guy's playing some game on his own or he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. Either way, it's risky for us.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

"Not much. You might need the boss's approval," Ordo explains, looking the sheet over. This fellow seems useful. "Just, uh, don't accept any jobs for assassinations. We don't do that here."
    Jit doesn't seem too put off.
    Are those allowed if it's personal or freelance? Not planning on anything, but I'd prefer to know in case something comes up.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

[On the Way to the Base]

"We might be better off if we could test him somehow. Not sure how, exactly, but I'd say he needs to prove himself to us before we can trust him." The drow replies.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

[On the Way to the Base]

Might be a good idea. Or run a background check and see what there is to know about this "Mr. Winters", Dipsnig replies. The two should be getting close to the base by now.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

[On the Way to the Base]

"Sounds like a plan to me." Kirk notes that they are in fact nearing the base. "Do you need anything else at the moment? If not, let me know when you've decided what you want to do and if you need any help."

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

[On the Way to the Base]

Nothing in particular right now, Dipsnig says. Jobs are pretty damn dry. I'll let you know if I need anything.

23. - Top - End - #383

[Main Room]

"Our spirits come in many different forms which we generally divide into three categories, primals, fey and kami. You would probably be classified as a primal which are sentient animal spirits. They are said to have shaped the wilds in ancient past." Cessie explains briefly.

[Dena's Room]

"Really now? This feels more like an gift for some noble then an adventurer if you're asking me. I'm used to more practical things. I never even imagined wearing... well, that." She gestures towards the earrings.

24. - Top - End - #384

Main Room

"I don't think so. It's a rep thing - we don't really wanna be associated with hitmen," Ordo explains to the newcomer, crossing his arms quietly. "But if you can keep it quiet, Dipsnig might not care. Just don't let on that you work for NO. Someone'll assume your working a job for us."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

[On the Way to the Base]

Kirk nods and heads inside. Probably rejoining continuity at some point.

[Main Room]

"I see. Curious." Esther says, a hint of interest entering her usually neutral tone. "Of course, I am not truly one of your spirits. I am a physical being, though fairly unique by my understanding."

[Dena's Room]

Kirk laughs a little. "Well, maybe I'm not practically minded enough." He glances down at his suit. "Most women wouldn't turn down diamonds, you know." The drow grins wryly.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-24 at 06:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Main Room

"I don't think so. It's a rep thing - we don't really wanna be associated with hitmen," Ordo explains to the newcomer, crossing his arms quietly. "But if you can keep it quiet, Dipsnig might not care. Just don't let on that you work for NO. Someone'll assume your working a job for us."
    [Main Room]

Jit smiles.
    I wouldn't be much of an assassin if anyone knew it was me, would I? That's a sure way to get caught. Is there any work available now?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #387
    Barbarian in the Playground

Outback

Behind the beastpens, where there's little more in the way of constructions than the recently erected stables, up in a tree, a mouse-sized minish plays a tune with a small brown sparrow singing along. The pair sits below a rookery, attempting to teach the birds how to sing along, or caw along rather. They'd have an interesting sound if they would organize like Kuko keeps trying to get them to do, but they only ever manage a few notes before one of them tries to take the lead, not even trying to sing the song. Rooks are all showoffs, so this may be a futile effort.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #388

[Main Room]

Jit smiles.
    I wouldn't be much of an assassin if anyone knew it was me, would I? That's a sure way to get caught. Is there any work available now?
    Ordo chuckles a little, walking over to the bulletin board. "To be honest, man, I haven't been here in a while. Let's just see..." He pulls down the current list of contracts. "Let's see... find some magic rocks... blow up a factory... annnnd find magic users. Okaaaay."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

I'd say the factory sounds like my area. My assassin training included full special forces, including demolitions.
    Jit mentally goes over his stock of explosives.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #390

Main Room

"That sounds like a good warmup, now that I'm back," Ordo says, wriggling his neck with a crack. He flexes his arms and the muscles quite literally grow, his hands turning a pale orange color. "Welcome aboard, Jit." He offers a hand, having forgotten to introduce himself. "I'm Ordo, by the way." His hand is strange - all of a sudden - only three bulky fingers, and the whole arm looks too large for the rest of his body.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters