New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Dena's Room]

"Most women haven't stabbed umberhulks in the brain either." Dena counters. "Of course, if you sharpen them a bit..."

"Most women are smart enough to not make bets with Drej as well." The dwarf adds in the background, his comment once again being ignored by Dena.

[Main Room]

"Spirits can form terrestrial bodies as well, but I see your point. I guess you would be seen as an exiled spirit in my world then. One whose connection to the aether realm have been cut." Cessie explains. "I myself work as a form of guardian between the terrestrial realm and the aether realm, that's why other realms like this one fascinates me so much."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-25 at 02:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Main Room

"That sounds like a good warmup, now that I'm back," Ordo says, wriggling his neck with a crack. He flexes his arms and the muscles quite literally grow, his hands turning a pale orange color. "Welcome aboard, Jit." He offers a hand, having forgotten to introduce himself. "I'm Ordo, by the way." His hand is strange - all of a sudden - only three bulky fingers, and the whole arm looks too large for the rest of his body.
    [Main Room]

Jit seems unfazed.
    Pleased to meet you. Is the shapeshifting natural or trained?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Kirk chuckles. "Maybe." Kirk tries to quickly gran Dena's hand and place the earrings in it. "But still, I insist." He's not taking no for an answer when that's her reason.

[Main Room]

((Will post here after work.))

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig enters there, with his big dark grey wolf following. When he steps through the door, he peers at both Ordo and Jit.
    Hi Ordo. It's been a while. And you are..? He asks, looking at Jit.
    Dipsnig looks like my avatar, but with only one wolf at the moment.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Jit turns to note Dipsnig.
    Jit Falnon. And your would be Dipsnig, leader of NO, and currently on the council, I believe.

(Jit's a time warper, and he's been to a future Nexus in his personal past. He read the government records which would include information on council members)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #396

[Dena's Room]

"Alright, but only since you're begging me so nicely." Dena replies, finally accepting the earrings. She could always sell them later if she didn't need them after all.

"How romantic." Lage says, glancing at the two.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Main Room]

"Spirits can form terrestrial bodies as well, but I see your point. I guess you would be seen as an exiled spirit in my world then. One whose connection to the aether realm have been cut." Cessie explains. "I myself work as a form of guardian between the terrestrial realm and the aether realm, that's why other realms like this one fascinates me so much."
    "Interesting. I know of other dimensions, though I have never visited one. It would be a fascinating area of study." Esther says.

[Dena's Room]

"Excellent. Now we'll just have to find you a reason to use them. But for now, I have things that need doing. I'll see you again soon. And it was a pleasure to meet you, Lage." Kirk tips his hat to the two before turning and walking out the door..

8. - Top - End - #398

[Dena's Room]

The dwarf grunts a reply while Dena just shakes her head once Kirk have left and takes a seat in front of the television again and unpauses the game.

"So am I going to be invited to your marriage?" Lage asks while flipping his controller and pushing some buttons to control the ship on the screen.

"Good try, but I'm not going to let you psyche me out."

"-I mean, with some effort yer can even have toddlers together. I can just see a bunch of black-skinned babies- ha! 3-4!"

"I'm so going to kill you after this..."

[Main Room]

"Planar travel is complicated yes, I might be able to share some of my research on the subject if you're really interested though. But I would like to see a bit more of the nexus first. You said you were an observer, yes? You know any places we should visit while I'm here?" Cessie asks.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-26 at 01:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I would recommend most of the Organizations, but since you are here I would assume you are already doing that." Esther thinks for a moment. "So you are aware, there are two cities of note relatively nearby. Inside is the larger of the two and nearest to here. The other, Riverside, is far smaller. I'm sure there are many locations of interest within both their walls."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Main Room]

Jit Falnon. And your would be Dipsnig, leader of NO, and currently on the council, I believe.
    The one and only, Dipsnig says with a slight, crooked smile. I see my reputation precedes me. Are you here on business or do you want to join up?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Actually, I just finished the paperwork. He should still have it.
    Jit motions to Ordo.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #402

[Main Room]

"We've already been in Inside a bit so I think visiting Riverside is in order, don't you agree Harnel?" She asks her companion. At least their counterparts aren't that well-known there.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Room]

Dipsnig enters there, with his big dark grey wolf following. When he steps through the door, he peers at both Ordo and Jit.
    Hi Ordo. It's been a while. And you are..? He asks, looking at Jit.
    Dipsnig looks like my avatar, but with only one wolf at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Main Room]

(Jit's a time warper, and he's been to a future Nexus in his personal past. He read the government records which would include information on council members)
    "Dipsnig!" Ordo says, walking over to give his boss a good clap on the shoulders. He likely doesn't have to bend down, given the helpful height of the wolf. "Good to see you. How have you been?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"We could certainly give Riverside a look." Harnel agrees with Cessie. Only other organization he can think of visiting off the top of his head anyways is HALO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I would tell you more about the city if I could. You'll have to learn of it while you visit." Esther says.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Dipsnig!" Ordo says, walking over to give his boss a good clap on the shoulders. He likely doesn't have to bend down, given the helpful height of the wolf. "Good to see you. How have you been?"
    Actually, Dipsnig got down from his wolf, so Ordo will have to bend down.
    Alternating between bored and annoyed, as always. Jit here says you took his paperwork.

17. - Top - End - #407

[Main Room]

"Yeah, it looks like we don't have much to do here after all. I'm in no need of mercenaries at the moment, are you Harnel? Otherwise I'll say we'll make a visit in Riverside." Cessie replies.

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Actually, Dipsnig got down from his wolf, so Ordo will have to bend down.
    Alternating between bored and annoyed, as always. Jit here says you took his paperwork.
    "Yeah, I thought you'd wanna look it over," Ordo says, offering the slip. He smiles at his boss and straightens, waiting for the results.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Main Room]

"Yeah, it looks like we don't have much to do here after all. I'm in no need of mercenaries at the moment, are you Harnel? Otherwise I'll say we'll make a visit in Riverside." Cessie replies.
    [Main Room]

"I can't think of any reason for mercenaries right now, but I'll be sure to keep you in mind if anything ever comes up." Harnel says, the first half directed at Cessie and the second half directed at Esther, along with a slight bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"We would appreciate that." Esther says with a nod toward the two of them. "Feel free to visit at any time. It would be my pleasure to speak with you further."

21. - Top - End - #411

[Main Room==> Mountains outside NO]

"I'll remember that Esther, thanks for all the help." Cessie says, mimicking Harnel's bow before starting to head out of NO.

As they are a out of sight of the building she turns to her companion. "You know, while I'm used to walking like this I think we should just fly the last bit. It's an awful long trek just walking down these mountains. Would you mind going away while I change?" The mage asks.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-28 at 02:50 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig looks the form over.
    Looks fine to me. You're in as a probationary member, he says looking up at Jit. Jobs are dry right now, but you can come off probation by finding us something.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Very well. Also, something you should know about me: if you see me and I don't know who you are, I'm not acting. I have a condition, non-contagious, that causes me to warp around in space and time. So there's a good chance I won't have joined yet on my timeline.
    Jit watches Dipsnig carefully for his reaction.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig's reaction can be best described as exasperation.
    Lord Below. Time travel? It's always such a headache. Oh, well. Thanks for the warning. I'll keep that in mind.
    If Jit was expecting the goblin to be surprised, he's likely to be disappointed. Dipsnig has pretty much seen it all.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Jit raises an eyebrow and a small smile appears on his face.
    You think it's a headache for you? Imagine how I felt the first time it happened. One moment I'm walking to Advanced Infiltration, the next a dinosaur if trying to eat my face.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #416

[Main Room]

"That sounds... insane. What happens if you meet yourself?" Asks Ordo, standing off to the side. He's never even heard of such a thing.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. I'm not sure if we really want to know, Ordo...

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Jit chuckles as they make the usual assumption.
    I thought the same thing, until it happened. Something about my condition seems to stop anything bad from happening though. Aside from the headache of talking to my future self.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig taps his fang in thought.
    Is it ever useful? He asks.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Jit shakes his head.
    Not really. The future me knows why he's telling me things, but I never understand them until the point that I realize I need to tell myself that.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro