New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Main Room]

By the Lord Below, will that ugly carrion crawler never stop to torment me? Dipsnig asks exasperated. Whatever. Let them in so I can hear what they have to say.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Apparently not, if you need me I'll be outside sunbathing. Just for the record though, you're dealing with quite the hag." Dena replies before going to open the door for the two.

"You can come in now." But before they can enter she and her miniature sun go out, waiting for them to step inside so she can close the door behind them.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside?

So, they walk in. The arrogant executive glares at the goblin. Somehow, it was the goblin's fault. She knew it! Ifd he had just kiolled that little halfling before he'd wreck her company...You! Dipsnig right? I'm Executive Pay. I'm here about Marciano, who I believe you know?

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Unfortunately, I do. If you're associates of his, you might as well leave, Dipsnig says coldly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

She glares at him. No, I'm afraid. That little thief has caused Pay Incorporated no small amount of worry. He's stolen something of ours.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

That's terrible, Dipsnig says, not sounding terribly concerned. You're not the only ones he stole from. Now, I doubt you're telling me this because it's an entertaining story.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

You speak to me with respect. Understand? That creature has stolen the plans for one of the most revolutionary machines in the history of the world. I have no clue how he got into the labs, but he did. Stole the first thing he saw. The plans for the Spirit Engine. I want those plans, they are my rightful property. I want them back now.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig decides to ignore the demand to speak to this hag with respect.
    That's great, but I have yet to see a reason we should get involved. Just so I'm perfectly clear... what's in it for us?

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Well, You can get whatever the halfling stole from you!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Indeed we can. But we can do it by ourselves if I ever decide he's worth the trouble. What I'd like to know what we'd get for doing your dirty work, Dipsnig says in that slow tone one uses for people who aren't very bright.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Well, what do you want? Hmm? She glares some more.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

What do you have to offer? Dipsnig asks with a shrug. It'll have to be something big for him to bother with Marciano again.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Well, what do you want? We're a top three company back in Saline, currency perhaps? I've heard some people in life need currency to be happy.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

We've got plenty of money, Dipsnig says dismissively. I'd appreciate something more original and practical.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Well, what do you want? New chairs? Our company makes all sorts of things, including bio-friendly weapons....maybe you'd be interested in one?

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig sighs. It's as he expected. This woman is useless. What on earth is a bio-friendly weapon? No, wait, I don't care. It looks like you can't make me an offer I'd consider.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside NO

A weapon that does not harm the environment, though I realize one of your kind don't care about the environment very much eh? Fine. Pay Companies produce everything, from bowling balls, to some of the best custom made weapons available. What do you want? We can make it.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

I don't think anything you can make would make this job worthwhile, Dipsnig says dismissively. I'm afraid I have to refuse your offer. Dealing with Marciano is bad enough on its own - he's the epitome of an incompetent moron with fancy toys - but dealing with that slimeball and this crone would be unbearable.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Dipsnig's Office

Fine! When that halfling builds the machine he stole from us I can assure you, he will target you first! That halfling tends to hold grudges...well....either you or that drow....But if you want to take that risk fine. Let him build it.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

I'm quaking in my boots, Dipsnig says boredly. Now unless there's anything else... I'm a busy goblin.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Dipsnig's Office

Fien. You'll regret it. Let's go.
    She'll then start to leave.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Once they're gone, Dipsnig turns to the others.
    Well, the prospect of a job turned out to be a waste of time. I hate it when that happens.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Halfling in the Playground

"What was that all about?" Ordo asks Dipsnig, walking up behind him. There's a sandwich clasped in one of his hands.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

That hag wanted us to go after a guy named Marciano. But he's not worth the trouble... he's a bottom-feeder with fancy toys and lots of luck. Dipsnig shrugs.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Jit chuckles at Dipsnig's description.
    I've dealt with those types before. Useful when you're working with them, frustrating to work against, and annoying no matter which side you're on.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #476

[Main Room]

"How do you know him?" Asks Ordo, glancing down at the goblin. He takes a bite of his sandwich, whatever kind it is.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

It started when he hired us for a job, then screwed us out of a lot of money before running away. I gathered a couple big people and went to get it back from him, but he ran away again. Like I said, he's not worth the effort. Dipsnig shrugs.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

I can track him down for you. Unless you have another job for me.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #479

Main Room

"Me too, Dipsnig. I'd be happy to deal with him for you," Ordo says, a little annoyed. "It's not like we have anything else to do."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig shrugs. If they want to deal with that overgrown snail...
    Sure, if you want. If you can track him down and choke the money he owes us out of him, you'll get a good share of it.