New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Front Door]

"Well, three days ago, one of my scouts observed a group of Blood Mages fortifying a Smelting Plant, probably for use as a Slaver Compound given the number of Thralls reported. As per the usual methods I dispatched a platoon of Templars to subdue and capture them, but I've lost all contact and my scout's head was returned to me on a spear.

Given the fact that this group appears to have overcome ten of my elites, I am willing to offer gold for stopping these psychopaths, with additional pay if any of my men can be rescued."

She's being sincere; Hiding information would be rather pointless.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

Dipsnig's ears twitch and fall back a little as he thinks this over.
    They do sound dangerous. Yes, this job is going to cost you, lady. How much gold are we talking?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

[Up the Mountains]

"Nah, the sun's barely hurt my eyes for years. Still don't like it too bright, though." Thus the sunglasses.

Kirk strolls casually (if a little clumsily) toward the entrance, not overly bothered by the brief exposure to the cold. He's lived in a few very cold places. "Maybe someday you'll feel the same way about the cold." He chuckles.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Front Door]

"I am prepared to offer [A large but reasonable sum, considering the job, but you could probably get more with a decent diplomacy roll], in addition to [a typical fee for a rescue, certainly a good impetus] for each Knight returned to me alive.

Further, if any of these mages are captured rather than killed, they are eligible for the aforementioned bounty. What say you?"

Of course, she writes these numbers down as she speaks them; Arvitha wouldn't want to forget the value or risk getting cheated by a last-second markup.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-07-05 at 06:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Up the Mountains]

"I can deal with cold, you know how cold a desert can get during the night? Very. It's the white stuff that I don't like, what's the deal with that anyway?" The other drow asks rhetorically as she opens the door to NO and steps inside.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

"Of course. Can't handle a little snow." Kirk follows him inside behind her. "You'd think after living in the desert all your life you'd appreciate some moisture. Even if it is frozen."

7. - Top - End - #517

[Inside]

"All my life? More then half of it have been spent underground. Plenty of moister down there without it being freaking cold. Can't imagine why a faction like this sets up shop in this frozen hell." Dena replies before stopping to look at Kirk. "So, having to sacrifice my tour to Inside to bring you home, for free no less, I'm guessing you're going to collapse in your room?" The effort she had wasted on him *shakes head*.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

"Collapse in my room? But I'm so full of life and energy right now." Kirk smirks and stops his eyelids from drooping too far. "But maybe I could be persuaded to go, but only if you join me."

9. - Top - End - #519

[Inside]

"Ha! In your condition I'm not sure which of us would fall asleep first, you or me." Dena replies.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

Kirk just chuckles and doesn't argue the point. She was probably right after all. "I do appreciate you giving me a lift, though. How about I make it up to you later and be your guide on that tour of the city?" The drow suggests.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

Those are acceptable terms, Dipsnig says. If you'd just write down your job details so my subordinates can see what it's about while I write down the contract...
    ((In other words, please fill in the contract form from the first post.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Front Door]

"Very well. I shall keep this number open if you have further questions or would like to report your organization's successes. The refinery is located [on a mountain in outside, though Arvitha would be a bit more specific. PM me if anyone actually goes there and I'll put up a post.]"

Bounty on Dangerous Mages
    Spoiler
    Show

Job: Capture criminal or otherwise hazardous Magic Users for a payout from the Templar Order. (Link)
    Hired by: Knight-Commander Arvitha (BladeofObliviom)
    Target: General (PCs or NPCs played by anyone, with the understanding that the targets will be handed over to an organization that depowers mages.)
    Job assigned to: Open
    Payment:
    Gold for each criminal brought in.

Refinery Raid
    Spoiler
    Show

Job: Infiltrate a Refinery in Outside fortified by a gaggle of Rogue Sorcerers and their thralls and neutralize the threat. If possible, rescue any surviving Templars for a bonus. (link)
    Hired by: Knight-Commander Arvitha (BladeofObliviom)
    Target: Blood Mage Slavers (NPCs of BladeofObliviom)
    Job assigned to: Open
    Payment: Large Gold Payout for neutralizing the threat and releasing surviving thralls. Bonus pay for rescuing any surviving Templars.
    Notes: It should be noted that Blood Mages are notorious for the ability to manipulate others. Guard your minds.

13. - Top - End - #523

[Inside]

Dena raises an eyebrow, "A tour of the city? So you're saying there are actually interesting places in Inside?"

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

Alright. I'll talk to my people, try to get them to work on it and contact you about the progress, Dipsnig says.

[Inside]

As Kirk and Dena enter the base, they are approached by two five-and-a-half months' old wolves, one male and one female. They pad over to the two drow and sniff at them in greeting, albeit they do so less enthusiastically for Kirk - they can smell the alcohol off him.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

"Hell if I know." Kirk says with a chuckle. "There must be some, though. And what could be better than some company to go root them out?" The drow looks down at the wolves and leans over to scratch one behind the ear.

16. - Top - End - #526

[Inside]

Dena smiles at the two wolves come over and kneels down to pet it. She seems rather interested in what Kirk is doing however. "And here I thought you didn't like wolves."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

[Inside]

One wolf is petted by Kirk and the other one by Dena. The one petted by the female drow sniffs at her face curiously, all but shoving her nose in Dena's face.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-08 at 01:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

Kirk shrugs."I'm neutral on them. They're nice enough though." Kirk's never said anything bad about them. He's just not enthusiastic like Dena.

((So you know, I'm at my grandma's with nothing but brother's phone.))

19. - Top - End - #529

[Inside]

Dena giggles as the wolf and scratches it under it underneath it's jaw. "Well, you better get used to them if you're going to live here. In fact, why do you live here? You don't really seem at home somewhere in the middle of the mountains." Technically neither did she, but she didn't have Kirk's fortune.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

"If I got myself a place I'd spend almost all my time out of it anyway. Better to just stay here where it makes work convenient." Kirk replies. Besides, he can just get a room at a fancy hotel if he needs some other accommodations for a night.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Dwarf in the Playground

[NO Main Lobby]

A mysterious individual appears, manifesting itself seemingly out of nowhere. The person is wearing a gray robe with a emerald trim and a hood that completely conceals the individuals identity from anyone.

The individual stands there as if waiting for someone to approach them.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

22. - Top - End - #532
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Room

((Might want to check the thread OP as a refresher before you post. Teleporting into NO is prevented by a dimensional lock.))

From a hatch leading from the main room to a network of tunnels, Slii arrives, blinking at the unexpected burst of light to his pupils. The rat-faced man sees what may be a potential customer, and shuffles his decrepit body over closer, back hunched and weary.

Unlike the newcomer's grey cloak, Slii's seems to be made from ragged, uncured animal hides stitched crudely together, but it moves like a thing alive, not matching his movements precisely. A wolf's skull is sewn into the hood, acting as a makeshift helmet that rests firmly atop Slii's head.

"What is Slii able to do for new customer he wonders?" The rat breeder rasps out, standing a cautious distance from the grey-cloaked man.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I'll explain more in OOC shortly. This being is not meant harm anyone, and is unaffected by any barriers, traps, wards, etc. just for this one message. Afterwards the beings will dissipate. Only gonna do this once.))

The being stares at Silli grasping at the stiff black beard protruding from his hood. As the individual speaks, the person's tone sound masculine and raspy, producing some kind of echo with his voice as the individual speaks.
    Hail...Member of the Organization NO. I have arrived...so that I may deliver a message...to your organization leader. I mean you...no harm. Will you guide me...to this individual...Slii
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Room -> Dipsnig's Office

Slii's grin is both harmless and horrifying, full of yellowed canines and incisors that jut out at odd angles.

"If the manthing meant harm, he would not be conversing. Follow Slii, and you will see great, mighty, and wise master Dipsnig. Our most grand of masters can solve your problems, for a price." Slii will lead the phantom image to Dipsnig's office, taking a somewhat circumlocutory route so as to avoid any errant wolf-pups using his keen sense of smell, even if that meant going in circles and doubling back.

On arrival, he knocks on the door thrice, and waits for Dipsnig to respond patiently, bobbing his head to some unheard beat.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Main Room -> Dipsnig's Office

Slii's grin is both harmless and horrifying, full of yellowed canines and incisors that jut out at odd angles.

"If the manthing meant harm, he would not be conversing. Follow Slii, and you will see great, mighty, and wise master Dipsnig. Our most grand of masters can solve your problems, for a price." Slii will lead the phantom image to Dipsnig's office, taking a somewhat circumlocutory route so as to avoid any errant wolf-pups using his keen sense of smell, even if that meant going in circles and doubling back.

On arrival, he knocks on the door thrice, and waits for Dipsnig to respond patiently, bobbing his head to some unheard beat.
    The hooded man nods following Slii unfazed by Slii's outward features, commenting on Slii's words as he follows. His voice is neutral leaving plenty of room for interpretation to his comment.
    Thank you...Slii. You are as wise as you appear...but,...be weary. There are those whom you...associate with that may wear the cloaks of sheep baring...fangs greater than your own.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance to No

A man rushes straight into the gates. He slumps down on them, blood dripping from siz small wounds on his chest, all filling with puss, blood, and strange foreign liquids. He is sweating and breathing heavily. He shouts out. Please! The...The gate! Let me in...Let m-...l...uhg...

27. - Top - End - #537
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance to No

The door is opened by a five-foot tall blue robot, a column with four eyes and five arms. Two of the arms end in hands, the others are a blade, a needle, and a simple claw.

What luck that the resident creepy medical robot opened the door for the poor, bleeding man.

CB-484 will scan him with his medical scanner. This should give him an idea of the man's anatomy, and anything very wrong with him. Like the details of those wounds.

"Welcome to NO. Sit still so I can stabilize you."

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

Gatres of No

The man has benn heavily poisoned by some strange green corrosive liquid. The green goo sops out of the wound, and seems to glow strangely. It's unlike any other poison seen before in the Nexus most likely. The six wounds are not to big, only about the size of a large pencil poke, but the run very deep, several very close to his heart, the corrosive poison already melting away his insides. Help me....the letter...it found me....

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Enter," calls a voice from behind the door.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gates of No

"Medical Emergency, unknown foreign substance. Possible biohazard."

A team of clockwork penguins with a stretcher come to pick up the man, and if successful will shuttle him to the surgery room. On the way, CB will take samples of the unknown substance, so he can put them straight into the analyzer when he gets to the room. He will also try to stop the bleeding, or otherwise stabilize the man as much as he can. That might not be much, depending on how fast the goo works...