New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

Emergency Room?

The green stuff is sampled! The strange green liquid seems to melt away all flesh and organic material. The goo works awfully fast. The man probably only has about five minutes to live, the goo reaching his heart at that time.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Dwarf in the Playground

Emergency Room

CB will set the stuff to be analyzed. Maybe there is a cure or nullifying agent... even if he can't find one in time to save this guy, it might save lives in the future. It's worth saying that the analyzer is only for scientific things, it can't detect magic.

Beyond that, he is going to try to remove the substance from the wounds using futuristic medical equipment... okay, he's using thick tubes which slurp the stuff up like straws, and then trying to use some swabs to remove trace amounts of the substance. The substance will eat the swabs, true, but what is important is that it's all out of his body.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Emergency Room

The liquid is a type of bio-alchemical poison. An odd mixture of a green toxic goop with a mysterious liquid that should not even exist, the chemical makeup is all wrong! The goop seems to kill all plant, flesh, and organic life. The perfect poison, highly acidic, but it has no smell. The poisonous mixture should not be possible, therefore there is no known cure.

The tubes suck out the poisonous goop, and the swabs remove a bit more. The man might make a recovery, but his insides are pretty melted up. Maybe a healer would be good?

4. - Top - End - #544
    Dwarf in the Playground

Emergency Room

Magic healing is for the weak. Plus, the only person in the base with healing magic is a pixie. Who hates CB.

CB will try to stabilize the man, using futuristic technology (That is actually pretty futuristic this time) to patch and stitch everything that he can. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of medicine and is fast and exact enough to react and patch most common medical troubles. There is, of course, the potential that he cannot simply patch the wound right here; he will do his best to stabilize the man so that he can heal.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dipsnig's Office]

"Enter," calls a voice from behind the door.
    Dipsnig's Office

Slii's grin grows somewhat feral, "Manthings are always surprised by just how long Slii's fangs can be." He chitters, opening the door to his master's office and ushering the cloaked man inside.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

The cloaked man turns towards Slii a friendly smirk visible underneath his hood to Slii's vision
    Hmph...Indeed one's courage and pride...is capable of taking to the...ends of the worlds should they choose.

The man then approaches Dipsnig in as friendly a manner as the individual can accomplish, introducing himself.
    Greetings sir...are you the man incharge...of this organization?
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig, for the record, is the goblin from his player's avatar. He's currently sitting behind a desk in a cramped cellar room, and looking at the hooded figure.
    Yes, I am. Are you here to hire us?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

The hooded figures shakes his head as he takes a seat.
    In way I do call...upon your services. Though this will be required...for a later time. I come to you today...to give your organization...a warning on the behalf of...The Sages of Nine. I am aware that what I am about to...tell you is a common statement among your...world, but an...end of days is fast approaching. I was called here to warn...you so that action can be taken...to prevent this catastrophic event. Will you...hear my message Dipsnig.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig's professional approach gives way to irritation.
    Are you telling me you're wasting my time with some half-baked "end of days" prophecy?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

The man shakes his head.
    Quite the opposite I'm afraid...and I'll try not to bore you with...details. About 6 months we first foresaw this...event. It appeared similiar to...other apocalypse prophecies, but the threat...from this one is absolute.

The man lays out his hand the table and an orb of light appears in his hand expanding outward to project an image for Dipsnig to see. The image shows a view of some corner of black space and within it is great mass of moving entities. It is very hard to determine whether it is one creature or thousands bunched up into one mass.
    This is what we saw...its origin is unknown to us beyond...the fact that its age suggests it is one...of the first creatures to ever live in our Universe. However...it is no friend to us, nor any...living organisms in our Universe. We sages observed...helpless as it has made its course towards...your world and our world consuming...all life and matter that it has come across. We have come to call this...ancient being "The Plague"

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig rests his forehead on his hand and sighs.
    Do you have any proof or evidence beyond your rambing? Anyone could stroll in here and claim to be a great sage. And make it quick. Time is money.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

The individual nods again.
    Indeed I we do actually. Are you...familiar with Multi-Dimensional Theory? The concept that our Universe, the one we are...conversing in is connected with a series of other Universes...located in alternative Dimension where history...is greatly altered from...our own. I can take you to one these Universes...that has already met its demise from this creature...known as the Plague.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig sighs again. And now this guy wants to take him to another universe... does he think he's stupid?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't have time or inclination for planar trips with people I don't know. Is there anything else?

14. - Top - End - #554
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

The man bows his head. It would only make since for someone to not trust someone they scarcely know.
    Hmph...I understand your reasons for...not wanting traverse with someone you just met...today. There is one other thing...and we are fortunate that such a...sample could taken without any of our own kin...dying during the retrieval.

The man lifts his other hand conjuring up the sample Dipsnig. The sample contained within a small magical orb is what appears to be some squid like tentacle. At first glance it appears lifeless, almost seeming to validate Dipsnig's beliefs. However, it then starts wiggling about in its container.
    This is a fragment of The Plague...We found the fragment in the Dimension...I spoke to you about. It is an identical match to the biological...structure and age of the approaching our world. It was but a spec of flesh and...bone when we first it, then we discovered its...horrifying ability which is...this.

He releases the creature letting it drop onto the floor between Dipsnig and the man to view. The writhes about for a few seconds, and then begins devouring the flooring between them spinning and rolling about. The creatures begins growing as it devours the matter around it now twice its size within a few seconds. The man then encases "The Plague" fragment again. The creatures lashes at Dipsnig in its container flicking a spear-like tongue from a recently formed head and flayed mouth.

A small hole-like crater in the ground is all that remains from the area where the Plague fragment was sitting a few seconds before.
    Terrifying in all honesty...The creature devours all matter near its...vicinity, growing and healing itself, of its wounds no...matter how severe. This is how this...creature defeated your Organization, and all the...Organizations within Nexus that fell...within less than a day. Even the dieties...that live among your people in these Organizations...stood no chance against this monstrosity.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2012-07-12 at 04:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

((Some "attempts" and/or "tries" would have been nice.))
    Dipsnig glares at the mysterious figure across the destroyed floor. The guy is still not making any sense and the goblin is thoroughly done with it.
    Tell you what. If you get out right now I won't charge you for ruining my floor.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

The glares back sending the Plague fragment back to where it came from.
    You asked for evidence did you...not? I allowed you with your own eyes to see the abilities of...this monstrosity. Now that I have shown you this and explained to...you the future let me tell you why your organization is...significant to us. Though it is but a theory at this...point, there is a belief that there may be a way to...prevent this future. Seek out the elvish-man...named Vallasito. He resides at the Organization HALO and he wishes to speak...with all the Organization leaders in Nexus. Meet him at HALO's Aerial Base...and all will be made known.

The man then turns around, but then turns back. In one hand he holds an Lustrous Emerald that appears to be glowing. In the other hand is bag of gold.
    Take these before I leave. The...money is for any inconveniences my presence...has caused. The gem though contains all the information on...The Plague and the predicted future where your people...failed. Use this gem to relay the information I told...you at this meeting today. Spread this knowledge to your...allies. It will serve them well for the future.
    The man places the items on the table in front of Dipsnig then bows before fading out of existence.
    Farewell Dipsnig...NO's future, and Nexus future are in...your hands now.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Emergency Room

Magic healing is for the weak. Plus, the only person in the base with healing magic is a pixie. Who hates CB.

CB will try to stabilize the man, using futuristic technology (That is actually pretty futuristic this time) to patch and stitch everything that he can. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of medicine and is fast and exact enough to react and patch most common medical troubles. There is, of course, the potential that he cannot simply patch the wound right here; he will do his best to stabilize the man so that he can heal.
    The man, who is actually an elf, is patched up and effectively saved form instant death! He's stabilized and is not bleeding. He's still injured beyond repair, and the wounds to his chest and stomach have burned his insides. He has about a week to live thanks to CB, before his organs fall apart. He is still unconscious.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Dwarf in the Playground

Emergency Room to Infirmary

Good. CB will go about cleaning up the room, and then will move the elf to the infirmary.

Specifically, one of the five tubes at the back of the infirmary. These are designed to force a body to heal from wounds it wouldn't usually. Yes, force. It's a bit hard on the body, but it's better than, well, dying.

CB will go about prepping the tube and the elf, putting him into a hospital outfit (it's just a one-piece skin tight thing designed to not interfere with medical instruments) and then into the tube with the air line and nutrient drips and complicated futuristic medical technology. A week or two in a tube, and the elf should be good as knew, except out of shape, sore, and a bit skinny from having his body's nutrients forcibly re-routed to the repairs.

If he wakes up during the ready process, he could probably do something to stop CB... as long as he does it before the anesthetic drip is applied. Having someone wake up in a healing tube is... often bad.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Tubes

The poor elf is too hurt to wake up. He's stuck in a tube, and will stay inside. (Skip to two weeks later?)

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Yeah, whatever. Get out before I have you pay rent for this room too, Dipsnig says coldly.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Dwarf in the Playground

About a week and a half later~

Infirmary

The Elf will wake up on an infirmary bed, CB nearby. Due to CB's lack of face or movement, the Elf might at first think that he's alone.

CB's watching him, of course, to see what he will do next.

22. - Top - End - #562

[Main Room]

Ashley enters the base again and gets to looking at the bulletin for new jobs. The refinery raid catches her eye, and she walks to the door to Dipsnig's office and knocks on it twice.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Presumably this happens after the mysterious messnger is gone.
    Come in, says Dipsnig's voice from behind the door.

24. - Top - End - #564

Main Room -> Dipsnig's Office
    Hey! Ho! Looks who's back!
    It's Reginald Fancybritches and his kitty, who is still wearing his little suit with the adorable little white gloves.
    The kitty that is, but Reginald is wearing his typical Victorian Era suit and white gloves.
    He reclines back in a seat while reading through the list of contracts while sipping tea.
    A job catches his eye and he decides to go to Dipsnig's office as well, but sees that he's currently busy so he just waits.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #565

[Dipsnig's Office]

Ashley opens the door and walks in. "Hey boss," she says. "Do we have any more details on that refinery job?"

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig looks up from his desk.
    Pretty much what it says there. Some blood mages are using slaves in some factory. We're to stop them and free any of our employer's comrades if possible.

27. - Top - End - #567

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Sounds like a good job. I'll take it," Ashley says. "Anyone else taken it so far?"

28. - Top - End - #568

Dipsnig's Office
    Reginald throws all politeness aside and just goe into Dipsnig's office as per Morty's instructions.
    "Sorry about the impoliteness but I'm here for the refinery job too."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Both of you are free to take it. Of course, you should know it's going to be pretty dangerous. These mages have dug in, according to our employer, and managed to take out a squad of his compatriots, Dipsnig explains.

30. - Top - End - #570

[Dipsnig's Office]

Ashley gives a short nod. "Alright. I bet we can find a way past their defenses, though. I'll just need a bit of time to get some enchantments ready."