New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Main Room]

That's acceptable. Now, as for the price... Dipsnig names a rather large sum, but not unreasonably so. The job he's asking for is not going to be easy, and there's a good chance it's a wild goose chance.

((I handwaved the exact sum and currency, Nexus being what it is in terms of money.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside Room]

Dena have dealt with many types of lesbians in her life, but the body slamming lampade variety she haven't encountered until now. Not have she dealt with the type (thought technically a bisexual) which jumps her once the door is open.

But by now she have already pulled a short sword from somewhere (it's a drow thing) and brandishes it against the two intruders. Her other hand busy loosening the towel around her body and throws it right in Irena's face.

The witch stumbles which allows the drow to back away to safety from the onslaught while reaching for something on her nightstand. This is unless Nadia decides to do anything of course.

[Crash Site]

The goblin seems a great deal more interested in the feather-light chest then Kirk at the moment and quickly runs over to look at it from below. Standing no higher then the drow's waist. "Oh man! You can do that on objects as well? How long does it last? Can it be made permanent?" A rapid series of questions which are fired off at Kuko while the goblin studies the chest with fascination.

Meanbot grumbles something and heads off to the kitchen again, taking up the broken broom pieces on it's way.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-04 at 09:28 AM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

[Main Room]

Nalhriir extends his hand to Dipsnig, "It's a deal then."

4. - Top - End - #724

DrowGuy

[Main Room]

Nalhriir extends his hand to Dipsnig, "It's a deal then."

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig takes Nalhiir's hand and shakes it.
    Deal. I'll inform all my members of the contract as soon as possible. Probably when they're back from that downed airship thing. Now if you'd be so kind as to sign the contract... He hands him a sheet of paper with the details written out.

((I'd also like to ask you to fill the OoC form located in the first post of the thread, for easy reference.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #726

DrowGuy

[Main Room]

Nalhriir takes the sheet from Dipsnig and signs it with a flourish. "And as part of that contract, I am at yer disposal, blood."

//
    Contract
    Spoiler
    Show
    Job: Learn any and all information available about portals in the Nexus. Also to keep alert for mention of an "Ordial Plane." A secondary mission to assist Nalhriir in locating and potentially exploring said Ordial plane. Link. See Nalhriir for IC specifics.
    Hired by: Nalhriir (Jivundus)
    Target: Information about portals and the planes.
    Job assigned to:
    Payment: Nalhriir's services to NO in advance, plus a lucrative sum upon completion.
    Notes:

Membership form (I may as well)
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Nalhriir
    Race: Shadow Fey'ri (approximately)
    Profession: Spell-slinger and planewalker. (spellcaster and explorer/scholar)
    Reason for joining: Partial payment for a contract.
    Possible services offered to would-be employers: Spellcasting, transport, information gathering, summoning, translation, shadow magic, scholarly knowledge etc.
    //
    Last edited by Jivundus; 2012-08-04 at 09:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Glad to hear it. Now the bad news is, before you came around we had no jobs. Dry spells like that hit us periodically. Hopefully something will show up soon. Of course, any member is free to try and find contracts on their own, Dipsnig explains. For now, feel free to pick a room. Also be aware that members named Kirk, CB and Ordo are my lieutenants.

8. - Top - End - #728

DrowGuy

[Main Room --> Living Quarters]

Nalhriir smiles wryly, "I see. Good thing I gave yer cutters somethin' t' do then. He stands and his wings slowly take form again. "With yer leave I'll find meself a room and have a kip. Bein' hipped in an unfamiliar plane and seemin'ly trapped 'tween the Lady and a 'loth is tirin' work fer a cutter."

He speaks briefly in an unintelligible language to his shadowy bodyguard. Dipsnig may notice that Nalhriir is not so much using words as he is abstractions that sound like speech but aren't quite. The figure seems to meld away into insubstantiality and becomes barely visible to the ordinary, naked eye.

Assuming Dipsnig makes no response, he leaves and makes his way to the living quarters, observing everything he passes, before finding an (apparently) empty room and settling himself down to rest, as he hasn't slept since he first fell through the portal at Trog's.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Crash Site]

The goblin seems a great deal more interested in the feather-light chest then Kirk at the moment and quickly runs over to look at it from below. Standing no higher then the drow's waist. "Oh man! You can do that on objects as well? How long does it last? Can it be made permanent?" A rapid series of questions which are fired off at Kuko while the goblin studies the chest with fascination.

Meanbot grumbles something and heads off to the kitchen again, taking up the broken broom pieces on it's way.
    Crash Site

"It only lasts about as long as I remember it," he answers. "If I set set something down and then go somewhere else, when I come back, the stuff gets heavy again. I'm Kuko, by the way."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Nadia would be rather embarrassed at Dena's lack of clothing if the drow wasn't holding a weapon with the apparent intent of using it on Nadia or Irena. Instead she tries to pull all of the water out of Dena's hair and shoot it into her eyes.

[Crash Site]

Kirk just chuckles at the goblin. She's amusingly excitable. He's otherwise silent as they work their way out of the ship.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-04 at 04:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731

[Dena's Room]

The water obeys her command and sprays right into the rogues face as Irena throws away the towel and pulls her handgun as the drow stumbles backwards.

"Surrender. Now." Irena hisses, having had enough of this.

Blinking the drow slowly becomes aware of what the witch just have done and gently drops her sword. "Whoa, whoa, using that would be so stupid for soooo many reasons. What about you put that away so we can talk business?" The drow asks with a raised eyebrow.

[Crash Site]

The goblin gives Kuko a look, "So you're saying if I could make a clone of you I could make something light forever?" She asks while they go up the ladders and towards the cockpit.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Nadia gives Irena a slightly worried look. Threatening the drow is all well and good, but actually shooting her... Well, she definitely doesn't want that to happen.

"How about you start with giving us our stuff back." She suggests. That's all that's important to her.

13. - Top - End - #733

[Dena's Room]

"Yeah! And apologize for laying your dirty hands on my girlfriend, bitch!" Irena exclaims.

Dena rolls her eyes at the two, "First, I don't have your stuff anymore, second, if you fire that gun, you're as good as dead as well. So you can't really threaten me here. I'm willing to tell you about my employer though but that's going to cost ya." She states while taking a seat in her bed, rubbing her thumb and index-finger together.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-04 at 05:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Nadia opens her mouth to answer angrily, but then she remembers what CB had said earlier... Dammit, they really are in a bad position.

"Why would anybody pay you to steal from us?" She glances at Irena. What do they do? "What do you want from us then?" She say to Dena.

15. - Top - End - #735

[Dena's Room]

The witch glares at the drow angrily at first but then looks up at the staff she have in her other hand and suddenly smiles. "Oh yeah? Well maybe I can't kill you, but I got this stuff from the same person who made those vines and I'm pretty sure it could turn you into something really unpleasant unless you tell us everything."

Dena regards the staff with a raised eyebrow, "Alright... let's say 100 gold-"

"Free, you hag! And tell Nadia you're sorry!" Irena threatens while waving the staff menacingly towards Dena.

"...but then I wouldn't really mean it would I? Look, I give you the information for free, is that good?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-04 at 05:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

"Yes, just tell us who hired you and where we can find them." Nadia says quickly. She puts a hand on Irena's arm and gives it a squeeze. It's fine.

17. - Top - End - #737

[Dena's Room]

Irena seem to instantly calm down at her touch and steps away from Dena while putting back the gun in it's holster like an angry dog being called back by it's owner.

The drow shakes her head however, "Sorry sister, but I can only tell you one of those things. The man that hired me was called Niccaru and I believe he was some sort of warlock. He wanted two things, you and a couple of scrolls. I don't why he wanted either of that but it seemed pretty important to him."

A light suddenly seems to lit in Irena as she hears this. "Ohh... those scrolls..." She says sheepishly. "Yeah, I remember a guy trying to buy them from me..."

18. - Top - End - #738

Crash Site

Kuko is actually a bit perturbed by this look "Uh, only as long as he- er- I paid attention to it," then he thinks about it for a second. "He-I would also need his own flute, and know how to play the song."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Nadia's eyes widen a little. "He wanted me?" That's... scary. What does this guy want with her? And is he going to try again? She sets that aside for the moment, because one thing occurs to her. "If he just wanted the scrolls and me, then why did you take our other things?"

[Crash Site]

((Go ahead and skip me here.))

20. - Top - End - #740

[Dena's Room]

Irena is silent for the time being but Nadia can probably tell she's agitated by the fact she's gripping the lampades arm at the moment.

"Well, I figured I should get something of a bonus for myself if you know what I mean?" Dena replies with a faint smile. "I don't have it anymore though, when my employer noticed I had stolen your rings he insisted on buying them for some reason. Probably some warlock thing." She says with a shrug.

[Crash Site]

"Hm, so it's the flute that really does it huh?" The goblin asks with a glance at the flute. "Could anyone use it? Or does it have to be you?" She asks while they are walking through the corridor to the cockpit. By now Jakus should be able to see them coming towards him.

21. - Top - End - #741

Crash Site

"I know it would work for any minish, and I think it might work for someone magically inclined," the minish says. He protectively clutches the pan-flute hanging from his neck. "But this one was made just for me. This me, specifically."

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Nadia glares at Dena. "Then give us the money you made off our stuff." She demands. She still fully intends to get it all back, but it's the principle of the thing.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-05 at 01:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #743

[Dena's Room]

The drow shrugs, "Fine, do you mind if I get some clothes first though? Getting a bit chilly in here." She remarks with a glance at Nadia.

[Crash Site]

"But a clone would be just like you right? Or can't you clone magic potential?" She asks as they reach the cockpit. Distracted by the sudden cold she ends her line of questions and looks up, noticing Jakus and instantly takes a step backwards. "Uh, he's your friend right?"

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Nadia glances at Irena briefly. "Uh, sure. Just do it quickly." She replies. Maybe that'd make this a little less awkward. At least she wouldn't feel like she has to look directly as Dena's face the entire time.

[Crash Site]

"Don't worry about him. He's friendly enough." Kirk remarks as they approach Jakus. "Look what we found. And we have a job too." He calls to the half ogre in question.

25. - Top - End - #745

[Dena's Room]

Irena glances at Dena suspiciously and takes up the blade the drow dropped while moving over to the nightstand the drow was reaching for earlier. "I'm watching you." She informs the rogue who just smiles at the two.

"Don't worry, I'll be quick." She says while taking up her pants, shirt and underwear from the floor and will go behind a screen to change clothes unless Nadia decides to stop her.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Just before Dena disappears behind the screen, Nadia speaks up. "Hey wait. You're already naked in front of us. You can get dressed here too." She doesn't want to let her get away with any funny business.

27. - Top - End - #747

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Crash Site]

"But a clone would be just like you right? Or can't you clone magic potential?" She asks as they reach the cockpit. Distracted by the sudden cold she ends her line of questions and looks up, noticing Jakus and instantly takes a step backwards. "Uh, he's your friend right?"
    [Crash Site]

Kuko shrugs. He didn't even know what a clone was until five minutes ago. How would he know?

"Hey Jakus!" the minish calls to the orc, waving happily. "We brought Au!"

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #748

[Dena's Room]

"My bra is behind that screen but if you really want me to change in front of you..." The drow replies with a shrug.

"Just do it." Irena orders but Dena seems only interested in Nadia's opinion at the moment.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Nadia grits her teeth. "Yes, just put on what you have." She'd prefer if Dena didn't change in front of her, but that'd require trusting her.

30. - Top - End - #750

[Dena's Room]

"Alright, alright, geez. You lesbians sure got some balls..." Dena remarks before starting to change in front of them.

Once she's done she turns to look at Nadia. "So how much did those rings cost you? Need to make sure I got the right price."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-05 at 07:50 PM.