New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Entryway]

"Follow me." Esther guides Xun to Dipsnig's office where she knocks.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

As usual, the response from the other side of the door is "Come in."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

The door opens, once again seemingly of it's own will, and Esther steps inside, presumably followed by Xun. "We have a former member here that claims you would remember her."

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

After corralling the stray ball of yarn and picking it up in her mouth, Xun follows Esther in.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig is found sitting behind his chair. He peers at Xun and his ears twitch as he sifts through his mental catalog of people.
    "You do seem familiar. What's your name?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Esther will remain silent through the duration of their conversation unless she's addressed.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

Dipsnig's Office

The multi-tailed ghost feline gently sets the yarn-ball down and pats it. "Xun. I would have been more corporeal and had fewer tails. Worked most closely with Raz, went missing on a mission Riverside?"

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig nods.
    "Ah, yes. I remember you. I'm afraid Raz is AWOL, though, and has been for a while. Now, may I ask what happened to make you incorporeal and give you a few more tails?"

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"I'm not entirely sure. I remember being shot and falling, and then some stuff about cages and dark, and then I found myself like this."
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2012-08-15 at 06:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    By this point Jakus has taken to picking at his teeth with the shortsword sized dagger he wears on his belt, clearing the last bits of a meal he had before coming out her. It happens to have been pork.

"Who's this?"
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Crash Site]

Kuko shrugs. He didn't even know what a clone was until five minutes ago. How would he know?

"Hey Jakus!" the minish calls to the orc, waving happily. "We brought Au!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Crash Site]

"This is the ship's owner, who's name is..." Kirk looks down at the goblin, expecting her to fill that in. Odd how he never thought to ask earlier.

His player shall feel really silly if she did introduce herself properly and he forgot/couldn't find the name.
    [Crash Site]

"An o-bakemono!" The goblin exclaims as she points at Jakus, still keeping an safe distance from him. "I mean, uh, didn't I already tell you my name at some point? I'm fairly sure I did. It's Jallyn anyway. What's your names?"

11. - Top - End - #791
    Barbarian in the Playground

Crash Site

"Kuko and Kirk," Kuko reminds Jallyn. "And I'm not sure what an obakemono is, but I'm fairly sure Mr. Jakus isn't one. Are you?" Well now you've got him curious.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    [Dipsnig's Office]

"I'm not entirely sure. I remember being shot and falling, and then some stuff about cages and dark, and then I found myself like this."
    "Strange. Do you remember where you were shot? Or by whom?" Dipsnig does feel some inclination to find out who shot at his members, absent though they may have been.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Pixie in the Playground

[Out in the Cold]

Over at the gate of the cold base is a man in red armor. He knocks on a door hoping someone will answer. His red eyes look around the snow covered place while waiting.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Poor guy's still out in the cold? Someone needs a Butler.

Vincent and Caroline return after a lengthy absence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Crash Site]

"An o-bakemono!" The goblin exclaims as she points at Jakus, still keeping an safe distance from him. "I mean, uh, didn't I already tell you my name at some point? I'm fairly sure I did. It's Jallyn anyway. What's your names?"
    "As Kuko said, I'm Jakus. I'm a human/ogre hybrid, and one of the heavy hitters for NO. Good to meet you," he says
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Out in the Cold]

Over at the gate of the cold base is a man in red armor. He knocks on a door hoping someone will answer. His red eyes look around the snow covered place while waiting.
    This guy will answer the door, standing nine feet tall and looking curiously at the man's red armor. "Welcome to NO. Can I help you?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Pixie in the Playground

[Out in the Cold]

The man in red armor looks three feet up. "Yes. I've come to apply for membership in NO. Will you let me in? It is cold out here." His voice and his facial features speaks his age about in the early twenties of a human male.

In his hand is an envelope most likely containing his application form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Surt
    Race: I'm not sure, I look human is what people I've met told me.
    Profession: I've been around for a bit, doing odd jobs like messenger and the like,
    so I guess wanderer would be appropriate.

Reason for joining: I've heard this place NO means Neutral Organization. Which fits the bill for me. Being part of a mercenary organization would make a good source of income as well.

Possible services offered to would-be employers: I can deliver things with the item unscathed, even if foes or obstacles block my path I'll still deliver. I'm also handy in a fight though my experience is limited to wild animals and highway brigands. I also have unusual abilities that people I've met say most humans don't have.[/B]
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent and Caroline return after a lengthy absence.
    Yes, they do. And Caroline goes immediately to the kitchen. I don't suppose you want anything? she calls back to Vincent.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen

"I'm good thanks. Got my hit points back after the last night." Vincent replies.

He prepares himself for a trio of carsets onslaughting Caroline.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

The Carsets are slightly larger since last they saw them. There more like German Shepherd sized kittehs now.

Misty immediately leaps up onto Caroline and begins sniffing her. After finally judging that she is the same Caroline, she begins licking her.

Tony seems a bit standoffish, looking past Vincent and Caroline, as if hoping for someone to be there. But he eventually goes to Caroline for pets.

Junior walks deliberately between Misty and Caroline, knocking Misty off balance, and sits down in front of Vincent with his usual glare.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {NO Kitchen}

The Carsets are slightly larger since last they saw them. There more like German Shepherd sized kittehs now.

Misty immediately leaps up onto Caroline and begins sniffing her. After finally judging that she is the same Caroline, she begins licking her.

Tony seems a bit standoffish, looking past Vincent and Caroline, as if hoping for someone to be there. But he eventually goes to Caroline for pets.

Junior walks deliberately between Misty and Caroline, knocking Misty off balance, and sits down in front of Vincent with his usual glare.
    {NO Kitchen}

Vincent sniffs. Almost with disdain at Junior. But is otherwise neutral/pleasant enough.

"They must feel neglected that we don't summon them into battle. We really should learn their summons."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

Caroline pulls out a large plate of steaks from the fridge and walks them over to the counter.

Almost instantly she has the attention of all three carsets. I don't know. What if they get hurt? I don't want to lose Misty. she begins to unwrap the meat slabs.

Junior looks back at Vincent and nods his head toward him. Vincent may gain a new level in Carset Handler, which will allow him to Summon Junior.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

Ugh. A wimpy magic class only good at high levels?
    Eh, he'll take it anyways just for variety.

"Well depending on the summons, they just show up and disappear."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

[Out in the Cold]

The man in red armor looks three feet up. "Yes. I've come to apply for membership in NO. Will you let me in? It is cold out here." His voice and his facial features speaks his age about in the early twenties of a human male.

In his hand is an envelope most likely containing his application form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Surt
    Race: I'm not sure, I look human is what people I've met told me.
    Profession: I've been around for a bit, doing odd jobs like messenger and the like,
    so I guess wanderer would be appropriate.

Reason for joining: I've heard this place NO means Neutral Organization. Which fits the bill for me. Being part of a mercenary organization would make a good source of income as well.

Possible services offered to would-be employers: I can deliver things with the item unscathed, even if foes or obstacles block my path I'll still deliver. I'm also handy in a fight though my experience is limited to wild animals and highway brigands. I also have unusual abilities that people I've met say most humans don't have.[/B]
    [Out In The Cold]

Jakus waves him inside, giving him the go-ahead to come into the Main Room, "I wouldn't be so quick to leap to the non-human thing. There's a lot of weird powered people around, and they tend to be vanilla humans with just some odd abilities. Still, we know a few people who can probably look into it for you."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Pixie in the Playground

[Out in the Cold --> Main Room]

Surt enters into the main room. He lets the warmth gather in him before speaking. "Thanks for letting me in. What do I need to do next? After application, I mean....... uh.... I don't think I got your name. I'm Surt as you've read."

He made a sort of bow with his right hand on his left chest as he said his name. It was something he saw someone who named himself a knight do, not that he knew what a knight was. It was simply the only greeting gesture he knew.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Jakus," the half-ogre says, "I do most things if the coin is good enough, but my particular talents lie in the realm of breaking bones, as you can likely tell from my stature. We don't stand too high on ceremony around her, Surt, but it's important that if you want to join you'll have to speak with Dipsnig. He's the boss man; just because he's a goblin doesn't mean he can't kick your ass."

26. - Top - End - #806
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

Surt sighed inside. He guessed that Jakus would pummel his bones if things went awry. He'll have to be careful not to talk so much. Probably replying to only what was asked is the best option.

"Ok, how and where will I be able to talk to Dipsnig, Jakus?"

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

Ugh. A wimpy magic class only good at high levels?
    Eh, he'll take it anyways just for variety.

"Well depending on the summons, they just show up and disappear."
    There are two summons listed in Vincent's spells now.

1. Defend- Junior appears and takes 25% of the next attacks damage. Self only.
    2. Track- Outside of combat. Junior appears and attempts to point Vincent toward his next goal.

Caroline looks to Vincent with a smile. Misty just leveled me up as a Carset Handler. I can summon her to help us in Combat now.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-08-23 at 12:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

Well the first is practically useless compared to just using the defend option, but Vincent definitely sees using track a fair bit.

"Yeah, Junior did too." Vincent will give Junior some tentative pets. "I guess Tony is just too good for anyone."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Surt sighed inside. He guessed that Jakus would pummel his bones if things went awry. He'll have to be careful not to talk so much. Probably replying to only what was asked is the best option.

"Ok, how and where will I be able to talk to Dipsnig, Jakus?"
    [Main Room]

"His office is right over there. Just go ahead and knock, but mind your manners. He's one of the most powerful guys in the Nexus." Jakus says, "And I happen to be the doorman at the moment, after all."

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

Well the first is practically useless compared to just using the defend option, but Vincent definitely sees using track a fair bit.

"Yeah, Junior did too." Vincent will give Junior some tentative pets. "I guess Tony is just too good for anyone."
    Tony whines at that, and lays down on the floor, head on his paws.

Caroline pats him. No. He misses Jamie. Though I doubt she'll come back after tha last time. she gives Vincent a significant look, as if it's his fault.