New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

{NO Kitchen}

"Hey it's not my fault she's off with our archenemies. What happened last time?"

His player sort of forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    "As Kuko said, I'm Jakus. I'm a human/ogre hybrid, and one of the heavy hitters for NO. Good to meet you," he says
    This guy will answer the door, standing nine feet tall and looking curiously at the man's red armor. "Welcome to NO. Can I help you?"
    Crash Site

"A half-orc? Cool!" The goblin exclaims, her fear easily subsided as she walks up to the half-orc as to study him. "So where you created in a lab or the result of some sort of reproduction?" She asks while seemingly studying Jakus feet extra closely.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

"His office is right over there. Just go ahead and knock, but mind your manners. He's one of the most powerful guys in the Nexus." Jakus says, "And I happen to be the doorman at the moment, after all."
    Well being the leader of an organization does require strength. He wondered if this Dipsnig really is one of the most powerful in the Nexus, he had no plans of finding out for himself. After saying thanks to Jakus, Surt proceeds to knock on the Door of Dipsnig's office.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

As usual, Dipsnig can be found there. When Surt knocks, he will hear a raspy voice say: "Enter."

If he does so, he will see a rather small and cramped room containing many shelves filled with paper and a relatively large desk. Behind that desk is a small, brown-skinned goblin that can be seen in his player's avatar - however, the two wolves aren't there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dipsnig Office]

Surt enters the office and moves in front of the desk where Dipsnig is behind. He puts his right fist to his left chest and does a small bow. "Hello my name is Surt. Jakus said I must speak with you regarding my application for jonng NO." He puts the envelope where his application form is on the table.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Surt
    Race: I'm not sure, I look human is what people I've met told me.
    Profession: I've been around for a bit, doing odd jobs like messenger and the like, so I guess wanderer would be appropriate.

Reason for joining: I've heard this place NO means Neutral Organization. Which fits the bill for me. Being part of a mercenary organization would make a good source of income as well.

Possible services offered to would-be employers: I can deliver things with the item unscathed, even if foes or obstacles block my path I'll still deliver. I'm also handy in a fight though my experience is limited to wild animals and highway brigands. I also have unusual abilities that people I've met say most humans don't have.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Hey it's not my fault she's off with our archenemies. What happened last time?"

His player sort of forgot.
    Caroline gives him a look that says "Really?" Seriously? You forgot you tried to strip her of her clothes? she rolls her eyes. Boys. she says exasperated.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

"Her clothes? What? I wanted her equipment cause she was bailing on us. We could have had another couple of thousand right now selling that stuff." Not his fault he called when she was going to jump the party for good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site]

"Half-Ogre, not orc. There's a big difference. My parentage is a matter of some delicacy, and I'd appreciate you not asking,"
    Jakus says, not seeming particularly disturbed, "Come on, let's get inside. The cold doesn't bother me, but small things like you, it might." Jakus starts to walk back towards the main building. when he gets to the snow, he'll start dragging his feet; it should provide a path through the snow for those following him.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Dipsnig Office]

Surt enters the office and moves in front of the desk where Dipsnig is behind. He puts his right fist to his left chest and does a small bow. "Hello my name is Surt. Jakus said I must speak with you regarding my application for jonng NO." He puts the envelope where his application form is on the table.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Surt
    Race: I'm not sure, I look human is what people I've met told me.
    Profession: I've been around for a bit, doing odd jobs like messenger and the like, so I guess wanderer would be appropriate.

Reason for joining: I've heard this place NO means Neutral Organization. Which fits the bill for me. Being part of a mercenary organization would make a good source of income as well.

Possible services offered to would-be employers: I can deliver things with the item unscathed, even if foes or obstacles block my path I'll still deliver. I'm also handy in a fight though my experience is limited to wild animals and highway brigands. I also have unusual abilities that people I've met say most humans don't have.
    "Let me see it," Dipsnig says as he reads the form. "Everything seems to be in order. You're now a probationary member. You have limited access to the facilities until you finish a job or drum up a new one. Unfortunately we're a bit dry at the moment. I do have a private task for some members, but it doesn't look like it'd be suited to your abilities. But if you'd rather decide for yourself, I can give you the details."
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-24 at 04:27 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Well if the boss man says its not suited then Surt will take to caution and say no to the would-be task. "No, I'll trust your judgement in the matter.... er sir. But if I may ask am I allowed a room, maybe in a barrack? I have no place to....uh stay sir." A roof to sleep under would be nice for once, if not then off Surt goes.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

"Her clothes? What? I wanted her equipment cause she was bailing on us. We could have had another couple of thousand right now selling that stuff." Not his fault he called when she was going to jump the party for good.
    Caroline just looks at Vincent, blankly. She's not sure how to explain to him waht he did wrong. It doesn't make sense in his world. Then an idea comes to her.

Vincent, I think this is a... an interactive game... there are many different games that occasionally converge together. You and I, we're the main heroes of this one. And Jamie's actually the main hero of her own game. Caroline nods. That makes sense, right?

12. - Top - End - #822

((Due to a suggestion of Reinholt, with the idea then warped and twisted by myself so it became a completely different idea altogether, with everything coming out of a random dream that I had some time ago...))
    Outside the NO

Shanaya Evilene walks up to the big GIANT FROZEN ARTIC DOOR of NO. (Not sure if there really is one, but it makes sense), and knocks on the door. She's shivering, as she's not really dressed for this kind of weather that you'd find near an Artic base.

She's a little girl of around 14. She has a sword.

Shanaya waits for the door to open so she can get it. "I hate these Closed Doors," she says. "Why can't everyone just leave them wide open every time?" she says, either to herself, or to the imaginary snowman right next to her.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

{Outside NO}

Well, that would let this horrid weather inside. A voice from behind the girl says, icily. Not to mention unwanted guests.

If the girl turns around, she'll find a woman of about mid to late 20s, short black hair with a purple streak in it, and wearing black leather, pointing a deadly looking black bladed katana in Shanaya's general direction. Name, please. she says with a polite smile.

14. - Top - End - #824

Freezing to Death

"That's a pretty sword you have," she small-talks. "It would l-look better if it was r-r-r-red. Or p-pink."

"M-my name is Shanaya Ev-v-vilene K-k-k-klisvane," she shivers, her arms folded to keep in the body heat.

Then, she counters the argument. "But if y-you don't w-want any guests, why i-i-i-is there a d-d-door?" Her nose is very red from the cold.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-24 at 08:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {NO Kitchen}

Caroline just looks at Vincent, blankly. She's not sure how to explain to him waht he did wrong. It doesn't make sense in his world. Then an idea comes to her.

Vincent, I think this is a... an interactive game... there are many different games that occasionally converge together. You and I, we're the main heroes of this one. And Jamie's actually the main hero of her own game. Caroline nods. That makes sense, right?
    {NO Kitchen}

"... That's just silly." Vincent has the biggest sword. He's clearly the Main Character of the whole game and everyone he meets is just there to help him along the way to the culmination of game. Whatever that is.

"She was probably just being flavorful." Vincent nods. "Though... I suppose if the game was particularly ironic, she could THINK she's the main character. That would explain a lot of the people I've met..." They're all programmed for irony.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

{Freezing to Death}

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    "That's a pretty sword you have," she small-talks. "It would l-look better if it was r-r-r-red. Or p-pink."

"M-my name is Shanaya Ev-v-vilene K-k-k-klisvane," she shivers, her arms folded to keep in the body heat.

Then, she counters the argument. "But if y-you don't w-want any guests, why i-i-i-is there a d-d-door?" Her nose is very red from the cold.
    Bianca puts away her sword. Pink indeed. She steps forward and opens the door. We have a door so we allow those we like to enter. Now follow me, or freeze to death. Your choice. And Bianca enters NO.

{NO Kitchen}

"... That's just silly." Vincent has the biggest sword. He's clearly the Main Character of the whole game and everyone he meets is just there to help him along the way to the culmination of game. Whatever that is.

"She was probably just being flavorful." Vincent nods. "Though... I suppose if the game was particularly ironic, she could THINK she's the main character. That would explain a lot of the people I've met..." They're all programmed for irony.
    Oh. Yes, that makes much more sense. What was I thinking. Caroline just shakes her head in disbelief. So, you're not going to try to take anyone's equipment without asking first, right? Please, please, pleeeease.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-08-24 at 10:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

"I asked first with Jamie and she threw a hissy fit. Wouldn't it be easier to not ask next time?" Asking's what got him in this mess in the first place!

Though not asking would definitely be worse.
    "But whatever. It doesn't matter unless new guest PCs join our party anyways."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #828

Freezing to Death => Just a Little Cold

Shanaya, with one last shiver, follows Bianca through the door. Once she gets inside, she looks much warmer. "Th-thank you."

She looks to the left and to the right at couches and chairs, trying to find a save point. Unable to find one, she looks disappointed.

The place doesn't look much like an evil castle, though. This makes her look even more disappointed. Maybe she just incorrectly imagined what an "Arctic Castle" would look like.

"You have great interior decorators around here. Are you the interior decorator?" asks the girl in a curious manner. She's always wanted to meet an interior decorator. Interior decorators also know a lot about secret passageways and hidden treasure chests and shrines to the Dragon Queen.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

"I asked first with Jamie and she threw a hissy fit. Wouldn't it be easier to not ask next time?" Asking's what got him in this mess in the first place!

Though not asking would definitely be worse.
    "But whatever. It doesn't matter unless new guest PCs join our party anyways."
    I'm still hoping Jamie comes back. I like her. Caroline finishes making two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Are you ready?

{Just a Little Cold}

Shanaya, with one last shiver, follows Bianca through the door. Once she gets inside, she looks much warmer. "Th-thank you."

She looks to the left and to the right at couches and chairs, trying to find a save point. Unable to find one, she looks disappointed.

The place doesn't look much like an evil castle, though. This makes her look even more disappointed. Maybe she just incorrectly imagined what an "Arctic Castle" would look like.

"You have great interior decorators around here. Are you the interior decorator?" asks the girl in a curious manner. She's always wanted to meet an interior decorator. Interior decorators also know a lot about secret passageways and hidden treasure chests and shrines to the Dragon Queen.
    Bianca watches with curiosity as the girl examines the interior of the main room. She smiles, as she likes that the girl is paying attention to her surroundings.

But the smile soon vanishes due to the next question. No, I'm not the interior decorator. I just pointed a sword at you, why would you think I'm one of those. she said 'those' as if she were speaking of a lower lifeform. Which, to her mind, she is.

((DEADTIME))

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

"For... talking to Dipsnig or chugging age juice or what?" Vincent's not sure what he's supposed to be ready for right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #831

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Apparently, to her, an Interior Decorator is something else.

Just a Little Cold

"Well..." Shanaya Evilene Klisvane has to think a little bit. Why would she think that this woman with a sword is an Interior Decorator? Honestly, it was just the first thing that popped into her mind.

But that's not always a good thing to say, she found out, several months ago. It's rarely appropriate to say that it was just the first thing that came to your head. "Hm. Well," she repeats, before giving a pause and continuing. "I just thought, 'Wow, that's a pretty sword. I wonder if she has more. If she has more, then she must know how to arrange them very well," by alphabetical order by color, for instance, (Black, Blue, Cyan, Forest Green, Green, Hot Pink, Magenta, Neon Pink, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow) "and usually people who have swords and know how to arrange them very well and like to have doors are usually Interior decorators." She seems pretty proud. Why, though? She managed to make that all up on the spot, and it even makes sense to her.

Then, she looks a little sad. "There aren't any interior decorators where I come from, though. They all died in some war five years ago."
    Then, with a glance around the room to see if there's anyone listening, and with a whisper, Shanaya says to Bianca, 'Xcept my mom. She's the best interior decorator ever." As proof of the fame of her mother, she adds in a conspicuous whisper, "She has three different kinds of axes and she knows how to cut open an intestine in six different ways."

(Bye! Goodnight.)

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Apparently, to her, an Interior Decorator is something else.

{NO Kitchen}

"For... talking to Dipsnig or chugging age juice or what?" Vincent's not sure what he's supposed to be ready for right now.
    Well, you should talk to Dipsnig first. Maybe he can give you good advice on the age juice. And then maybe we could spar.... or look for another side-quest?

Just a Little Cold

"Well..." Shanaya Evilene Klisvane has to think a little bit. Why would she think that this woman with a sword is an Interior Decorator? Honestly, it was just the first thing that popped into her mind.

But that's not always a good thing to say, she found out, several months ago. It's rarely appropriate to say that it was just the first thing that came to your head. "Hm. Well," she repeats, before giving a pause and continuing. "I just thought, 'Wow, that's a pretty sword. I wonder if she has more. If she has more, then she must know how to arrange them very well," by alphabetical order by color, for instance, (Black, Blue, Cyan, Forest Green, Green, Hot Pink, Magenta, Neon Pink, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow) "and usually people who have swords and know how to arrange them very well and like to have doors are usually Interior decorators." She seems pretty proud. Why, though? She managed to make that all up on the spot, and it even makes sense to her.

Then, she looks a little sad. "There aren't any interior decorators where I come from, though. They all died in some war five years ago."
    Then, with a glance around the room to see if there's anyone listening, and with a whisper, Shanaya says to Bianca, 'Xcept my mom. She's the best interior decorator ever." As proof of the fame of her mother, she adds in a conspicuous whisper, "She has three different kinds of axes and she knows how to cut open an intestine in six different ways."
    Bianca listens to Shanaya's explanation, at first curious. But as she continues to speak, Bianca finds herself at a loss of words. Blinking as she takes all the information in, she looks down at the girl, confusion on her face. Just what kind of "Interior Decorator" are we talking about, here?

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

{NO Kitchen}

"I probably should check in with him either way." Vincent admits before turning to go do just that. Caroline can come with him or wait for him to get back. Either way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Kitchen -> Dipsnig's Office}

Caroline will walk with him, eating her sandwich. As they walk through the main room, she'll notice the new girl and wave, smiling, then continue on.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Well if the boss man says its not suited then Surt will take to caution and say no to the would-be task. "No, I'll trust your judgement in the matter.... er sir. But if I may ask am I allowed a room, maybe in a barrack? I have no place to....uh stay sir." A roof to sleep under would be nice for once, if not then off Surt goes.
    "Fell free to pick a room for yourself, yeah. After you've settled in, you can go talk to other members, keep track of contracts, or find us a new one."

[Dipsnig's Office]

In another timeline, Vincent and Caroline will find the cranky goblin there.
    "Oh, hey there," he says when they enter. "Haven't seen you two in a while. Been out adventuring?"

26. - Top - End - #836

(Hey, this is so cool! It's Saturday Morning and I'm online at the same time!)

Just a Little Cold

"The normal kind, of course," states Shanaya, in a "I can't believe you don't know what an Interior Decorator is" kind of stare.

"You know, the kind that stays at home until the daddies and soldiers start getting their butts whooped, and then when the evil army tries to invade the village, the Interior Decorators have to protect the village." She gives a sigh, because she thinks it's so obvious.

Seeing Caroline waving, Shanaya gets distracted and waves back, giving a smile.
    Then, she gets lost in respect to where she was trying to go with this. "Where was I, again?" she asks herself to Bianca. "Oh. Yes. After we cleaned back up the village, everyone would tell Mom how great of an Interior..."
    Her eyes light up! Bianca's previous confusion clues Shanaya in, and makes her think more about "after" - they weren't talking about how well she protected the village! They were talking about how well she cleaned up the village!

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Yeah. Been asking some people if I should grow up cause Caroline grew up, but they're all weirdos and don't believe in killing bad guys or live in fish. Got some cool equipment out of it though, so not a total loss."

*pokes Morty to Magcave*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    About a week and a half later~

Infirmary

The Elf will wake up on an infirmary bed, CB nearby. Due to CB's lack of face or movement, the Elf might at first think that he's alone.

CB's watching him, of course, to see what he will do next.
    The elf rises rather groggy. Guh....ow...w-what...happened...Ah! Robot! Eek!!! He flails about rather frightened.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Crash Site]

"This is the ship's owner, who's name is..." Kirk looks down at the goblin, expecting her to fill that in. Odd how he never thought to ask earlier.

His player shall feel really silly if she did introduce herself properly and he forgot/couldn't find the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Crash Site]

"An o-bakemono!" The goblin exclaims as she points at Jakus, still keeping an safe distance from him. "I mean, uh, didn't I already tell you my name at some point? I'm fairly sure I did. It's Jallyn anyway. What's your names?"
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Crash Site

"Kuko and Kirk," Kuko reminds Jallyn. "And I'm not sure what an obakemono is, but I'm fairly sure Mr. Jakus isn't one. Are you?" Well now you've got him curious.
    "As Kuko said, I'm Jakus. I'm a human/ogre hybrid, and one of the heavy hitters for NO. Good to meet you," he says
    This guy will answer the door, standing nine feet tall and looking curiously at the man's red armor. "Welcome to NO. Can I help you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Crash Site

"A half-orc? Cool!" The goblin exclaims, her fear easily subsided as she walks up to the half-orc as to study him. "So where you created in a lab or the result of some sort of reproduction?" She asks while seemingly studying Jakus feet extra closely.
    [Crash Site]

"Half-Ogre, not orc. There's a big difference. My parentage is a matter of some delicacy, and I'd appreciate you not asking,"
    Jakus says, not seeming particularly disturbed, "Come on, let's get inside. The cold doesn't bother me, but small things like you, it might." Jakus starts to walk back towards the main building. when he gets to the snow, he'll start dragging his feet; it should provide a path through the snow for those following him.

Crash site -> NO Headquarters

Kuko follows Jakus' path through the snow. He seems entirely unaffected by the cold, instead mirthfully humming a tune with mumbled lyrics about bringing in a job, no longer being probationary, and the boss being proud of him.

It's worth noting that Kirk may want to step lively, because if Kuko gets far enough away and forgets about that gold, Kirk will find it getting heavy fast.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site => NO Headquarters]

Kirk doesn't have much trouble with the snow, moving through it with practiced ease. He shifts the chest in his grip when he notices it getting heavier. Now why's that happening? The sooner he gets it inside the better, so he'll pick up the pace a little.