New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Dipsnig's Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    In another timeline, Vincent and Caroline will find the cranky goblin there.
    "Oh, hey there," he says when they enter. "Haven't seen you two in a while. Been out adventuring?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Yeah. Been asking some people if I should grow up cause Caroline grew up, but they're all weirdos and don't believe in killing bad guys or live in fish. Got some cool equipment out of it though, so not a total loss."
    Caroline nods, confirming Vincent's ramble. So, what do you think, Mister Dipsnig? Should Vincent grow up?

{Just a Little Cold}

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    "The normal kind, of course," states Shanaya, in a "I can't believe you don't know what an Interior Decorator is" kind of stare.

"You know, the kind that stays at home until the daddies and soldiers start getting their butts whooped, and then when the evil army tries to invade the village, the Interior Decorators have to protect the village." She gives a sigh, because she thinks it's so obvious.

Seeing Caroline waving, Shanaya gets distracted and waves back, giving a smile.
    Then, she gets lost in respect to where she was trying to go with this. "Where was I, again?" she asks herself to Bianca. "Oh. Yes. After we cleaned back up the village, everyone would tell Mom how great of an Interior..."
    Her eyes light up! Bianca's previous confusion clues Shanaya in, and makes her think more about "after" - they weren't talking about how well she protected the village! They were talking about how well she cleaned up the village!
    When Shanaya waved to Caroline, Bianca looks toward where she'd waved, which was behind her, and saw nothing. The other two adventurers must have already passed.

... Decorator she is? Bianca finishes up Shanaya's sentance, seeing that she's spaced out again. So, are you here looking for... help? Bianca asks, in a "I think this girl's insane" sort of way.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Yeah. Been asking some people if I should grow up cause Caroline grew up, but they're all weirdos and don't believe in killing bad guys or live in fish. Got some cool equipment out of it though, so not a total loss."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Caroline nods, confirming Vincent's ramble. So, what do you think, Mister Dipsnig? Should Vincent grow up?
    Dipsnig pinches the bridge of his nose. This is weird, even by Vincent's standards.
    "I think you should grow up. It's natural to do so. And now Caroline grew up as well, you should follow her."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

{Dipsnig's Office}

But... Mister Dipsnig, he wants to do it by drinking a vial of magic water. What if... what if it makes him mean? And if he grows up, do you think..... she looks over at Vincent, thinking about how to say it. What if he loses his... special abilities?

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"K. So, how did the coin stealing quest go? Did the box work?" Vincent asks.

"Oh. Yeah, the magic water also made Catoline, which is kinda unpredictable. I might even unlock some advance classes going that route. It'd give me some different abilities, certainly. Hope I don't lose my Haste All though... that'd really suck. Might have to look into taking levels of Time wizard instead of the water..." That might work.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-26 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie

{Just a Little Cold}

When Shanaya waved to Caroline, Bianca looks toward where she'd waved, which was behind her, and saw nothing. The other two adventurers must have already passed.

... Decorator she is? Bianca finishes up Shanaya's sentance, seeing that she's spaced out again. So, are you here looking for... help? Bianca asks, in a "I think this girl's insane" sort of way.
    Just a Little Cold

"Oh. Yes, yes. Thank you for finishing my sentence," she says, in response to the first question.

With regards to the second question, she thinks, then nods. "Yes," she says for the third time. "I'm looking for a shrine to the Dragon Goddess. Some old man out there," she says, pointing back at the door, out into the cold and dreary world, "told me that I could find one in a particularly evil arctic castle somewhere around here. I followed the map, and, here I am!" She even has a map in her hand to prove it!
    Unfortunately, she had been reading the map upside-down, and then fell down an icy cliff into a large snow bank. So she's now so lost, that she can't even find where she started.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

{Dipsnig's Office}

But... Mister Dipsnig, he wants to do it by drinking a vial of magic water. What if... what if it makes him mean? And if he grows up, do you think..... she looks over at Vincent, thinking about how to say it. What if he loses his... special abilities?
    [Dipsnig's Office]

"K. So, how did the coin stealing quest go? Did the box work?" Vincent asks.

"Oh. Yeah, the magic water also made Catoline, which is kinda unpredictable. I might even unlock some advance classes going that route. It'd give me some different abilities, certainly. Hope I don't lose my Haste All though... that'd really suck. Might have to look into taking levels of Time wizard instead of the water..." That might work.
    "The guy we were supposed to steal the box from vanished without a trace," Dipsnig says glumly. "As for the water... well. Using this sort of thing is always risky. I'm afraid I don't know a lot about this sort of thing, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #847

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Crash site -> NO Headquarters

Kuko follows Jakus' path through the snow. He seems entirely unaffected by the cold, instead mirthfully humming a tune with mumbled lyrics about bringing in a job, no longer being probationary, and the boss being proud of him.

It's worth noting that Kirk may want to step lively, because if Kuko gets far enough away and forgets about that gold, Kirk will find it getting heavy fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Crash Site => NO Headquarters]

Kirk doesn't have much trouble with the snow, moving through it with practiced ease. He shifts the chest in his grip when he notices it getting heavier. Now why's that happening? The sooner he gets it inside the better, so he'll pick up the pace a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Crash Site]

"Half-Ogre, not orc. There's a big difference. My parentage is a matter of some delicacy, and I'd appreciate you not asking,"
    Jakus says, not seeming particularly disturbed, "Come on, let's get inside. The cold doesn't bother me, but small things like you, it might." Jakus starts to walk back towards the main building. when he gets to the snow, he'll start dragging his feet; it should provide a path through the snow for those following him.
    [Crash Site==>NO Headquarters]

"That's what I said! Half-ogre." Jallyn insists as she follows along, presumingly entering the base eventually. "The ogres in my world would never mate with anything besides themselves, oh and they eat goblins too! Terrible!" She explains as they come through the door.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-27 at 02:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

Just a Little Cold

"Oh. Yes, yes. Thank you for finishing my sentence," she says, in response to the first question.

With regards to the second question, she thinks, then nods. "Yes," she says for the third time. "I'm looking for a shrine to the Dragon Goddess. Some old man out there," she says, pointing back at the door, out into the cold and dreary world, "told me that I could find one in a particularly evil arctic castle somewhere around here. I followed the map, and, here I am!" She even has a map in her hand to prove it!
    Unfortunately, she had been reading the map upside-down, and then fell down an icy cliff into a large snow bank. So she's now so lost, that she can't even find where she started.
    Oooooh. The Shrine to the Dragon Goddess. Why didn't you say so in the first place. Bianca holds out her hand for the map. May I see that?

{Dipsnig's Office}

"The guy we were supposed to steal the box from vanished without a trace," Dipsnig says glumly. "As for the water... well. Using this sort of thing is always risky. I'm afraid I don't know a lot about this sort of thing, though."
    So, it'd be a bad idea for Vincent to drink it, right? Caroline turns to Vincent. Well, that settles it. I guess you'll be a kid forever.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's office]

"Now you're just putting words in his mouth." Vincent gives Caroline a funny look. "I thought you wanted me to grow up?" That was really the whole reason Vincent even considered it in the first place.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

{Dipsnig's office}

"Now you're just putting words in his mouth." Vincent gives Caroline a funny look. "I thought you wanted me to grow up?" That was really the whole reason Vincent even considered it in the first place.
    Caroline smirks, knowing she'd been called out. I did, until you said we'd start having children. This isn't GLoG, this is NO. Mercenaries, not a day care.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

{Dipsnig's office}

"Oh we'd never take care of them. That's always handled offscreen in between game 1 and game 2 just to establish heroic lineage. And I just asked if you wanted them to make a sequel or not. You're always jumping to weird conclusions." Caroline is so weird.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

{Dipsnig's Office}

Caroline's only reaction is to look at Dispnig with a look that says: "See what I have to deal with."

13. - Top - End - #853

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: I just write out her whole name not to forget it.

Oooooh. The Shrine to the Dragon Goddess. Why didn't you say so in the first place. Bianca holds out her hand for the map. May I see that?
    [Just a Little Cold]

"Here." Shanaya Evilene Klisvane lifts up her arm, to hand the map to Bianca. "It's really confusing, but I managed to follow it just right," she adds.

It looks like a map quickly sketched out onto a piece of old paper. On the backside registers the sale of 67 frozen fish sticks to a certain consumer named "Manaio Kiwiwot".

On the front side, the side with the map, it looks like it was hastily drawn, probably by someone just wanting to get rid of Shanaya as fast as he could. It has a couple a couple of triangles for mountains, short lines for trees and forests, some dotted lines going through a pair of triangles, and a big blocky black castle with a big red X.

Shanaya waits, expectantly, for Bianca to say, "Congratulations, you followed the map perfectly! Here's a new map to find your way around this evil castle to find the Shrine to the Dragon Goddess, whatever your motives may be, because it doesn't matter to me, because I'm a Good-Guy."

14. - Top - End - #854
    Pixie in the Playground

"Fell free to pick a room for yourself, yeah. After you've settled in, you can go talk to other members, keep track of contracts, or find us a new one."
    [Dipsnig's Office --> Main Room]

"Alright then." Surt leaves the room. He then heads for the Barracks area.

[Main Room --> Barracks: Surt's Quarters]
    He finds his way into a small, empty, unoccupied room in the barracks area. He places his things, few they may be, into the corner of the room. He locks his door and sleeps. A few days later, as no one seems to have claimed this room other than Surt, the room now has a few personal touches. The bed is ok so it was left as is. The corner of the room now has a chest that contains his belongings. The chest has five locks and is bolted to the floor. The closet in the wall now contains his clothes and space for his armor when he isn't wearing it, the closet only has one simple lock.

((I am assuming what the room looks like as The is no description whasoever in the OP. I am also assuming the rooms can be changed according to the will of the occupant.))

[Barracks: Surt's Quarters --> Main Room]

Surt takes a chance to go to the main room to try and meet some of the other members since he only knew the Doorman Jakus and Leader Dipsnig.
    He takes a seat somewhere in the room waiting to see if there would be other members that stop by so he could talk to them.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"You can grow up without having kids, you know," Dipsnig says. "It's a pretty serious decision. Either way, I don't think you should stay a child forever, regardless of the means you'd use to grow up. Take it as you will."

((@Surtr: The rooms are spartan and simple and the inhabitants can arrange them as they please.))

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"I know." Vincent replies about the kids.

Vincent's not sure it's as serious a decision as people say though. The game mechanics sure don't change or anything. If the magic water didn't have side effects, then there probably wouldn't even be this discussion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Crash Site==>NO Headquarters]

"That's what I said! Half-ogre." Jallyn insists as she follows along, presumingly entering the base eventually. "The ogres in my world would never mate with anything besides themselves, oh and they eat goblins too! Terrible!" She explains as they come through the door.
    [Headquarters]

Jakus just shrugs, "Yeah, sounds like ogres." He turns back towards the group, "Right then, so what happens now? Are we getting a job from you?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

{Just a Little Cold}

"Here." Shanaya Evilene Klisvane lifts up her arm, to hand the map to Bianca. "It's really confusing, but I managed to follow it just right," she adds.

It looks like a map quickly sketched out onto a piece of old paper. On the backside registers the sale of 67 frozen fish sticks to a certain consumer named "Manaio Kiwiwot".

On the front side, the side with the map, it looks like it was hastily drawn, probably by someone just wanting to get rid of Shanaya as fast as he could. It has a couple a couple of triangles for mountains, short lines for trees and forests, some dotted lines going through a pair of triangles, and a big blocky black castle with a big red X.

Shanaya waits, expectantly, for Bianca to say, "Congratulations, you followed the map perfectly! Here's a new map to find your way around this evil castle to find the Shrine to the Dragon Goddess, whatever your motives may be, because it doesn't matter to me, because I'm a Good-Guy."
    Uh, I hate to break it to ya, kid..... Bianca turns the map upside down, then sideways. It looks like you were conned. How much did you pay for this?

[Dipsnig's Office]

"You can grow up without having kids, you know," Dipsnig says. "It's a pretty serious decision. Either way, I don't think you should stay a child forever, regardless of the means you'd use to grow up. Take it as you will."
    "I know." Vincent replies about the kids.

Vincent's not sure it's as serious a decision as people say though. The game mechanics sure don't change or anything. If the magic water didn't have side effects, then there probably wouldn't even be this discussion.
    Caroline looks at Vincent, dead serious. So no kids, at least not right away, right? And we have to get married first, but only after we get to know the new mature you. Yup. Stipulations.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Well, good luck in whatever you decide," Dipsnig says.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beast Pens]

The pile of pups untangles itself into five separate wolves. They all seem pretty amused by the whole situation as well. Thecla is definetly a great new playmate.

Viima, meanwhile, swishes her tail. She wants Kara to meet her old friend over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by wxdruid View Post
    Thecla watches them for a minute and it's funny to watch. Suddenly her back itches so she rolls over and sticks her feet in the air. She wriggles around, finding those itchy spots and solving her problem. She probably looks hilarious in the process.
    Deadtime begone!

Morry decides that emulating Thecla is a good plan, so stretches on the wiggling.

Karaglen smiles as she watches the various silly wolves.
    Scary creatures? She thinks not.
    Clearly this calls for her to head over and administer tummy rubs to everyone involved.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #861

dp Just a little Cold qb

Wow.
    Shanaya wasn't expecting that answer. Bianca must've been tricked, or something! Maybe she's in league with the Man With A Cape!

Her eyes look startled. "Nu-uh!" she protests, shaking her head vigorously. "I wasn't tricked - look, I found my way all the way over here! If I was tricked, I would be dead - eaten by a Giant Penguin or something! And then I'd have to start all over at the last Save Point!" (Ha! She doesn't realize that Penguins live in the Antarctic, not the Arctic!)

"Besides, he didn't trick me - I got it for free! He said he was glad to get rid of it, or something like that. He really mumbled it, so I didn't understand, but I got the gist of what he said." The true motives of the old man remain unknown, unfortunately, and will probably remain that way, unless someone tries to backtrack along the map-turned-upsidedown. Then, she thinks about what Bianca said. Maybe she was tricked! "Are you saying that the Shrine is cursed and full of traps? Are there any traps around here?"

The 14-year old girl suddenly looks around the front room of NO, trying to divine any traps. Is that fireplace a trap? Will it suddenly start spitting out fire at her? Will that chair try to eat her if she sits on it? Is that Chandelier dangerous? Is Bianca really a robot with predetermined commands, set to lull the unlucky traveler into a false sense of security?
    She starts looking for possible traps.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

The pups get themselves off the floor and begin pacing around, eager to play some more. However, if Kara goes to administer tummy rubs, they'll flop over and let her do it.

Viima will follow Kara if she heads over to the rest of the wolves.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

Just a little Cold

Wow.
    Shanaya wasn't expecting that answer. Bianca must've been tricked, or something! Maybe she's in league with the Man With A Cape!

Her eyes look startled. "Nu-uh!" she protests, shaking her head vigorously. "I wasn't tricked - look, I found my way all the way over here! If I was tricked, I would be dead - eaten by a Giant Penguin or something! And then I'd have to start all over at the last Save Point!" (Ha! She doesn't realize that Penguins live in the Antarctic, not the Arctic!)

"Besides, he didn't trick me - I got it for free! He said he was glad to get rid of it, or something like that. He really mumbled it, so I didn't understand, but I got the gist of what he said." The true motives of the old man remain unknown, unfortunately, and will probably remain that way, unless someone tries to backtrack along the map-turned-upsidedown. Then, she thinks about what Bianca said. Maybe she was tricked! "Are you saying that the Shrine is cursed and full of traps? Are there any traps around here?"

The 14-year old girl suddenly looks around the front room of NO, trying to divine any traps. Is that fireplace a trap? Will it suddenly start spitting out fire at her? Will that chair try to eat her if she sits on it? Is that Chandelier dangerous? Is Bianca really a robot with predetermined commands, set to lull the unlucky traveler into a false sense of security?
    She starts looking for possible traps.
    Bianca shifts her weight to her left, crosses her arms, and begins to tap her foot in aggitation. Listen, this is not the shrine you are looking for. In fact, it's not a shrine at all. We are mercenaries. Neutral mercenaries.

She tries to bap the girl on the head with the map. This map is a fake. The fact that you made it here was pure luck, and did you say "Save Point"? A look of realization comes across her face. Are you one of Vincent's little friends?

24. - Top - End - #864

-Just a Little Cold-

She can't find any traps. Maybe they're really well-hidden...*bap!*

"Ow," Shanaya exclaims, more out of reflex than out of any actual nonexistent pain from a little piece of paper hitting her head. "Yes, I did," she responds to the first one, giving her time to think about the second one.

She thinks about every last person she knows. Might take a while, but, luckily, she isn't very old. "I know no man called Vincent. No woman either, for that matter."

Because the name starts with a V, she says, "It sounds like a villainous name. Once I meet him, we shall have a battle!" She gives a fist-pound in the air to emphasize "Yes! I'll totally do this!".

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

{Just a Little Cold}

Bianca grins at this revelation. Oh, you really should. He is most evil. But you need to knock out his girlfriend first. She's not to be trifled with. Especially when it comes to her man. Bianca nods her head knowingly. Would you like me to help you? she intentionally gives Shanaya her best evil grin, just to see how well her villain-dar works.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Vincent rolls his eyes a little. "Yeah ok. No kids and we're going to get married. Promise. Yeesh."

Vincent looks back to Dipsnig. "Were there any new assignments you wanted us on?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #867

Just a Little Cold

"Yes!" exclaims Shanaya Evilene Klisvane. She returns the evil grin with a happy grin. She tells herself that Bianca needs to work better on her public image. "You need to work on that smile, though. Some people would think that you're a politician or a lawyer or something."

Obviously, the girl accepts Bianca's help. After all, who would deny the joining of a new obviously-good party member who knows her way around this evil castle, even if they don't know that this evil castle is actually a trapped evil castle, and they've been here trapped under some sort of spell that makes them blind to all the going-ons around here?

"His girlfriend?" This, however, adds something new to the equation. "She's probably just a villainous as he is. Probably has a name like Mary Louise, too. Those names are always even more villainous than the man." (Which is not true, of course. Personally, I don't know any Mary Louises, but I assume that they're perfectly fine gals.)

"What should I know about them?" asks the 14-year old girl. "Do they have any weaknesses, like tinfoil or kryptonite or Hydrogen-3 or Dihydrogen Monoxide or something like that?"
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-28 at 11:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

Since Surt has been in the room for some time without anyone around he stands up. After pacing around for awhile he decides on something.

"Hello! Is anyone here at all!? Jakus!"
    He shouts out loud while pacing around. He specifically called Jakus as he was the only one that he knew around the place that isn't the leader. Maybe someone else might come.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

29. - Top - End - #869
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Headquarters]

Jakus just shrugs, "Yeah, sounds like ogres." He turns back towards the group, "Right then, so what happens now? Are we getting a job from you?"
    [Headquarters]

Kuko stands aside and let's Jallyn describe the job. She mostly described it as carrying heavy equipment to places, but was generally vague about it.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

[Headquarters]

"We're looking for mountains and islands. I'm sure Jallyn can explain more." Kirk needs to get the full details of the job anyway. In fact, once they're inside he sets down the chest and turns his full attention to the goblin.