New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

{Kitchen}

"I..." Well that's a pretty decent question. Vincent ponders it a bit as he hugs Caroline back. Once it's over and he pulls away a little so he can see Caroline's face, he replies.

"I don't know. I... I want to make you happy and never really cared either way before." How old he was didn't affect whether he got better gear or stats! Only a very few games did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Caroline looks at Vincent, barely holding back the tears. Maybe we need to talk to an adult about this. I just want to make sure we are doing the right thing, for the right reasons.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"An... adult?" Vincent never even actually considered that course of action. You don't talk to adults, just wise PCs and NPCs! Age wasn't a factor there! Besides, Caroline's an adult now too.

"Sure, we can do that."
    Then again, Vincent is eating and talking about growing up, though he hasn't specified how he intends to do that. So clearly the normal rules are being thrown right out the window for a little while.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Caroline nods once. Okay then. Who do you think we should talk to? she looks a little unsure of this course of action. I don't really think Mister Dipsnig would be the right person, do you?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"No... probably not." He's the boss, not a couple's guide!

"I'm not sure who else..." Vincent's player is having trouble remembering who all Vincent knows right now.

"Maybe that Kirk guy." He seems responsible! But isn't here right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Who? Maybe not.

Maybe we could ask that lady we met at GLoG. She seemed nice enough. Was that Reelshka, Sophie, or Quinn?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

The one that helped stop Catoline? I think it was Sophie.
    But they've also met Quinn before. The final boss dooming the world. Poor Jamie, knowing she'll have to kill Quinn one day to save us all.

"Which time? Most recently?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The one that helped stop Catoline? I think it was Sophie.
    But they've also met Quinn before. The final boss dooming the world. Poor Jamie, knowing she'll have to kill Quinn one day to save us all.

"Which time? Most recently?"
    Yes, most recently. After the.... the incident. It was kinda embarrassing remembering what she'd done. She stood up. Do you rember who it was? I don't think it was Jamie's momma. she smirks. As if I'd ask you to trust the final boss.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

"Oh thank goodness someone here is paying attention!" Vincent says with a sigh of relief.

"I didn't catch her name, but I know what she looks like and suspect Jamie knows her." Shouldn't be too hard to find.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Dipsnig's Office

Slii nods slowly. That does present a problem.

"Then Slii shall merely keep tabs on the wretched half-thing, until his most cunning master comes up with a way to tell all of the consequences of dealing double with clan NO?"
    Pretty much, yes. But if that's impossible, we'll simply kill him. Or ruin him, if that's possible. Tearing someone's reputation down and taking away all their possessions is a little more refined than murdering them, don't you think? Dipsnig asks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Pretty much, yes. But if that's impossible, we'll simply kill him. Or ruin him, if that's possible. Tearing someone's reputation down and taking away all their possessions is a little more refined than murdering them, don't you think? Dipsnig asks.
    Dipsnig's Office

Slii chitters softly under his breath, somewhat agitated at the thought of leaving an enemy unkilled.

"If most noble of masters permits Slii to voice his opinion, it is never a good thing to leave a man broken and with nothing, wanting for naught but vengance. Such men make surprisingly powerful enemies. Safest and easiest to kill now, and salt the earth with his ashes."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. Slii makes a good point, but... damn this spiteful streak.
    I suppose you're right. Observe him, then we'll decide on the best time for him to die and the best way to do it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #73

Dipsnig's Office

"Yes, master Dipsnig. Slii shall do so." Unless Dipsnig wishes to address Slii further, the rat catcher shall leave to make preparations.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh thank goodness someone here is paying attention!" Vincent says with a sigh of relief.

"I didn't catch her name, but I know what she looks like and suspect Jamie knows her." Shouldn't be too hard to find.
    Caroline smiles at that. She knew he'd be happy to hear her remember who the real enemy was.

She looks down at Misty. You're in charge, Misty. Don't let the boys get in any trouble. She stands up. Let's go.

Misty sits there proudly, swishing her tail back and forth (Because cats don't "wag" their tails. ).
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-02-28 at 07:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

{Kitchen}

Carsets are kinda like cats I guess.

Anyways, Vincent stands to follow Caroline to GLoG!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchen}

((That's how I always envisioned them. Big cats, with wings. ))

And to GLoG they go.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Slii might very well bump into Lady Raennall as he heads out of Dipsnig's office.

The short woman in her hide coat and sturdy traveler's garb has been striding through the halls in search of other members of N.O. Though she set out to find a partner for an upcoming job, at this point she'd settle just for meeting another member of the organization.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

18. - Top - End - #78

Outside Dipsnig's Office

He does indeed. On his way back to the tunnels no doubt, to submerse himself in his work.

The crooked, frail looking and jaundiced man will pull his cloak hood over his head tightly as he spots Lady Raennall, cautious of her sudden presence. He's agitated from having been outside, and after being betrayed on his most recent job, he's wary of further mischief.

"Chktchkt! If you seek master Dipsnig, he is inside, but be wary of his mood if you bring foul news." Slii will attempt to continue on his way, but hesitates long enough for the Lady to speak with him if she wishes.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Outside Dipsnig's Office

"Thank you kindly, Sir, but I have already spoken with Dipsnig." she smiles at him with a look that mixes a pair of contradictions: the posture of a woman raised to be a noble, and the shifty eyes of someone used to a hard life of watching her back for attacks. The title 'Sir' seems to be used in respect of his apparent age. "Are you a member of the Neutral Organization as well?" she inquires.

She can see that he seems eager to keep moving, so if he allows she will fall into step beside him as they walk instead of keeping him from continuing on his way.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    Outside Dipsnig's Office

"Thank you kindly, Sir, but I have already spoken with Dipsnig." she smiles at him with a look that mixes a pair of contradictions: the posture of a woman raised to be a noble, and the shifty eyes of someone used to a hard life of watching her back for attacks. The title 'Sir' seems to be used in respect of his apparent age. "Are you a member of the Neutral Organization as well?" she inquires.

She can see that he seems eager to keep moving, so if he allows she will fall into step beside him as they walk instead of keeping him from continuing on his way.
    Outside Dipsnig's Office

"Yes-yes, Slii is a clan-member. You are a new kin-mate then? Slii has not yet met you, and does not know your scent." Slii's posture, in stark contrast to Raennall's, is bent over and hobbled.

However, despite his apparent age, the rat catcher may hardly be older than Raennall, depending on how old she is. No, his wear was caused by the many diseases ravaging his body.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"I am Raennall of the Raemmar," she introduces herself, since Slii gave his name. "I have only just joined the Neutral Organization today. As a new member I am seeking to complete my first assignment. Might I inquire as to your work here?" She seems genuinely interested in this strange fellow. He doesn't seem the sort to be a mercenary in the traditional sense.

22. - Top - End - #82

Outside Dipsnig's Office

"Chktchkt! Slii does whatever master Dipsnig wishes. Slii has just finished a job to bring glory riches to NO's coffers, and will soon be tracking a client who has betrayed us." Slii eyes Lady Raennall cautiously as they walk towards the main room.

"And what are you, Slii wonders? Smells of horse and fields perhaps? A riding one with spear and shield? A stabled one in the pens?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"An excellent nose, you have. I am a horsewoman, not with spear and shield, but with sword and bow, though I can wield a spear." She brushes aside her coat to show the full sweep of the long, gently curved sword at her side. "Now you know my skills. With your powers of smell and wary senses, do you too work with animals?"

She seems relaxed and alert, exactly as before, as they exit the narrow hall and approach the more open main room.

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "An excellent nose, you have. I am a horsewoman, not with spear and shield, but with sword and bow, though I can wield a spear." She brushes aside her coat to show the full sweep of the long, gently curved sword at her side. "Now you know my skills. With your powers of smell and wary senses, do you too work with animals?"

She seems relaxed and alert, exactly as before, as they exit the narrow hall and approach the more open main room.
    Main Room

Slii nods slowly, "Slii is flesh-shaper, and bone-sharpener. Learned many things from clan Moulder before coming here. Sit-watch, and Slii shall craft new kin-mate a bauble." Slii gestures to the couch (for all main rooms must have at least one couch by the law of convenience) and begins to root around in his cloak pockets for things. He comes out with a leather thong, a few chicken bones, and a lock of hair.

Dark light begins to suffuse his brow as he concentrates. What could he be making, I wonder?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Lady Raennall sits on the edge of the couch cushion, and watches Slii with intense interest.

When he fishes about for the thong, bones and hair she dips her hand into her pocket and produces a single sharp, shiny, white claw. It once belonged to a wolf. She holds it out, offering it to him to aid in his creation should he want it.

The dark light draws an even more cautious interest.

26. - Top - End - #86

Main Room

The dim grow becomes more dense as Slii absentmindedly reaches out to grasp the tooth and add it to the small pile in his hands. Then slowly, a tendril of hazy brilliance extends from his forehead and touches the pile of scraps, weaving from one object to the next. Once it has them all ensnared, the rope of light begins drawing them together. The flesh of the leather flows over the bones as the strands of hair begin to glow and weave themselves throughout the soft fibers of the leather. The bones attach to one another and hollow out forming a tube which the leather caps at one end.

Into the other end the tooth inserts, reshaped to fit and with a tiny hollow running from the root to the tip. The hair settles into its new places on the leather grip, still glowing faintly and arranged into complex flowing runes.

The pen, for that's exactly what it is, sits completed in the palm of Slii's gnarled hand. He pants lightly as the light dies down, exertion showing on his face.

"Delicate work, yes-yes, but worthy of a master flesh-crafter. Here, kinmate-Raennall, it is yours to keep-hold." He offers the Lady the pen, glowing green runes catching the light as it rolls on his palm at the movement.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Lady Raennall accepts it delicately, and spends some time inspecting the work with a keen eye for detail. It is the kind of appreciative inspection that shows respect for a craftsman's work.

"You are indeed a master of your trade." she says. "The rune's have significance?" she inquires.

28. - Top - End - #88

Main Room

Slii's head bobs, pleased that she appreciates the gift, "Runes make it strongfast, will repair itself if it is mishandled. Ones near the tip generate blood, for signing things. Should not run out, unless the glow fades." Chaos magic is full of variables like that, so Slii can't say for certain.

29. - Top - End - #89

Main Room-Bulletin Board

Kuko the minish is here looking up at the job postings. He's had fun for a while, but now it's time to earn his keep. Soooo, what jobs would he be best for. Demolishing a building? Yeah, that'll happen. Study magic? That would work. He is magic, and he makes kinstones, but that would be easy, and it's an open job. Something he could do later. Collecting magical materials? He could do that. Oooh, but he has no clue where to search. Decisions, decisions.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #90

[Main Room]

Another plotclone of Ashley has arrived in the NO base, and she immediately goes over to the bulletin board to inspect any new jobs.