New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Main Room]

"Well..." Vincent says. "I guess the overall agreement was grow up, get married, don't have kids. All that's left is to decide how to grow up. The most ready way to is to drink spring water which has adverse affects that take time getting used to. There's probably another way. Maybe. We'd have to search the game to find it. Ask random townsfolk about legends and such."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

[No Longer So Cold - Practice Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post

100% HP
    100%MP
    100% PP
    0% SP
    100% TP
    0%TT
    78% ST
    53% EXP

As Shanaya is dragged into the Practice room, eight little pin-sized bars, each with different colors and different meanings, float upwards and tell about all the status effects and all the unnecessarily complicated battle stats of the girl.

Or, rather, instead of being floating somewhere, they are being projected on the wall, somehow.

"Okay." says Shanaya to Bianca as the girl positions herself in the room, ready for battle practice. "Let's start!" She draws her large sword from her back, which starts glowing a dim scarlet color.

She waits to be dragged into the Shadow Realm to start preparing the Fire Magic.
    Luckily Bianca doesn't see the stats, or she'd check herself into a mental hospital.

Okay, for this to work, I'm going to have to tackle you into your own shadow. It shouldn't hurt. Once there, it's just a matter of finding another shadow to leap out of. I'll shove you out ahead of myself, like I said earlier. Got it?

[Main Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Well..." Vincent says. "I guess the overall agreement was grow up, get married, don't have kids. All that's left is to decide how to grow up. The most ready way to is to drink spring water which has adverse affects that take time getting used to. There's probably another way. Maybe. We'd have to search the game to find it. Ask random townsfolk about legends and such."
    Where should we start? Caroline asks, reaching for the door to exit. You didn't like GLoG. Maybe... Inside?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

[No Longer so Cold - Practice Room]
    "Okay," she replies.

Shanaya holds her sword really tightly so that it won't go flying when she's tackled. "I'm ready."

She sees a practice dummy somewhere off that way. Pointing at it with her slightly glowing sword, she says, "Let's try to get that one."

Shanaya mentally prepares to use her Fire spell.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"So wait, are you confirming we're doing the long drawn out sidequestline option that we have to find over the get it done and move on option?" Vincent asks, since he was trying to figure that out earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Troll in the Playground

[No Longer so Cold - Practice Room]

"Okay," she replies.

Shanaya holds her sword really tightly so that it won't go flying when she's tackled. "I'm ready."

She sees a practice dummy somewhere off that way. Pointing at it with her slightly glowing sword, she says, "Let's try to get that one."

Shanaya mentally prepares to use her Fire spell.
    Bianca looks at the target, then nods her head once to Shanaya. Ready? and before letting the strange girl answer, Bianca charges at her and tries to tackle her into the shadow behind her.

If successful, they'll be back in the shadowrealm.

[Main Room]

"So wait, are you confirming we're doing the long drawn out sidequestline option that we have to find over the get it done and move on option?" Vincent asks, since he was trying to figure that out earlier.
    That's my vote, yes. I mean, look at what I've gone through by drinking that water. What if it turns out even worse when you do it?

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Hmmm... well it might have gotten better. Do you want to practice to see if you have more control over the transformations?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Hmmm... well it might have gotten better. Do you want to practice to see if you have more control over the transformations?"
    Okay. Caroline closes her eyes begins concentrating.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Hmm... didn't want to go into the training room, huh? Well Vincent's not responsible for scratched up furniture. He waits to see how Caroline does.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

After a few moments, Caroline stops and begins to pant. She... doesn't want to come out.

10. - Top - End - #910

Training Room - No longer so cold

Shanaya Evilene doesn't even have time to nod! She is suddenly pushed into her own shadow, and suddenly finds herself in the Shadowrealm.

The young person wasn't quite mentally prepared as she had thought, so it takes a couple of extra seconds to start the spell.

She starts chanting something about the sinusoidal curves of temperature metamorphosis, and now her whole body starts glowing the same dim red glow that her sword has. Her eyes glow a little bit more...

She prepares a little bit better so that she'll finish the fire spell as soon as she gets out of the Shadow Realm.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

{Main Room}

"Are you able to tell why?" Vincent asks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

Shanaya Evilene doesn't even have time to nod! She is suddenly pushed into her own shadow, and suddenly finds herself in the Shadowrealm.

The young person wasn't quite mentally prepared as she had thought, so it takes a couple of extra seconds to start the spell.

She starts chanting something about the sinusoidal curves of temperature metamorphosis, and now her whole body starts glowing the same dim red glow that her sword has. Her eyes glow a little bit more...

She prepares a little bit better so that she'll finish the fire spell as soon as she gets out of the Shadow Realm.
    Bianca opens a portal above their heads, and will try to lift and toss the girl out, hopefully facing their target.

{Main Room}

"Are you able to tell why?" Vincent asks.
    Caroline nods. She said she wasn't needed for anything. I tried to reason with her, but she just wouldn't budge.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

{Main Room}

"That's great! You're able to communicate freely with her now. Quite an improvement." Over blacking out and being told what happened after.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #914

The girl is pretty light...and is easily thrown upwards.

As soon as she leaves the Shadow Realm to the Realm of the Living (that's what she calls it, anyway), she orients herself and then finishes her Fire Spell! It takes a little bit longer to orient herself because she's never done this before, but, obviously, with practice she'll improve.

"...and burn all living!" is how the spell ends. With that, she points her glowing sword at the dummy. The red glow all around her focuses on the sword, and then the sword arcs a glowing ball of light at the dummy.

After hitting the dummy, nothing happens for a half of second, but then fire falls from the sky in a pillar of fire!

Shanaya waits to see what Bianca does now.

The blue bar projected on the wall moves down a quarter of the way.

If she's lucky, the dummy might just catch fire.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-07 at 08:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

"That's great! You're able to communicate freely with her now. Quite an improvement." Over blacking out and being told what happened after.
    Yeah. It's definitely a step in the right direction. Probably if I practiced more, I might get full control over her.

The girl is pretty light...and is easily thrown upwards.

As soon as she leaves the Shadow Realm to the Realm of the Living (that's what she calls it, anyway), she orients herself and then finishes her Fire Spell! It takes a little bit longer to orient herself because she's never done this before, but, obviously, with practice she'll improve.

"...and burn all living!" is how the spell ends. With that, she points her glowing sword at the dummy. The red glow all around her focuses on the sword, and then the sword arcs a glowing ball of light at the dummy.

After hitting the dummy, nothing happens for a half of second, but then fire falls from the sky in a pillar of fire!

Shanaya waits to see what Bianca does now.

The blue bar projected on the wall moves down a quarter of the way.

If she's lucky, the dummy might just catch fire.
    Bianca leaps out a moment latter, her black blade slashing at the dummies mid-section, cutting it in two. Fake blood spurts out, spraying everywhere. And that's the end of him.

She pauses and frowns at the dummy. Where's the fire? she turns to Shanaya. I thought you cast a fire spell?

16. - Top - End - #916

Shanaya looks at the dying dummy.

"I did," she responds. "The fire just went out right before you came out. Sadly, it didn't catch fire." The girl frowns and shakes her head. "I think there's only like a 1/20 chance that it'll catch fire." Not that she's a chemist, able to calculate the chances of something catching fire when you blast it with a pillar of fire from the heavens.

The frown ends.
    "That was pretty cool, though."

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

{Main Room}

"Hmm... possibly." Might just come to an understanding with each other, being they are kinda the same person? Those things were always tricky and required game time of self discovery and some cut scenes. Ugh, cut scenes.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-08 at 05:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

[Corridors]

Dipsnig leaves his office and goes to look for Slii.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Barbarian in the Playground

Corridors

Assuming Dipsnig is smart enough to follow the few rats Slii deems clean enough to keep in the base itself, he'll eventually find his fleshwarping spymaster toying with the end of his coiled rope, which he seems to be adding another tail to the end of.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

[Corridors]

"Hey there, Slii. I have a job for you," Dipsnig says as he approaches the fleshwarper.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #921

Corridors

"Chktchkt! Good-good yes? Slii has had little to do but mind his rats and deal with strange messages from pixie places, so anywork is goodwork, yes-yes!" Slii doesn't quite bounce on the balls of his feet, but even with his frail frame the fleshwarper seems livelier than usual.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

[Corridors]

"Are you familiar with the Cult of Dalachrech? I need you to spy on them and bring me information - mostly the layout of their temples and defenses. This isn't a contract and you'll be paid by me, personally," Dipsnig explains.

23. - Top - End - #923

Corridors

Slii bobs his head in affirmation, chittering a nervous laugh, "Slii hears things yes? Cult of slaves and owners spread all over. Eyes everywhere and fingers in things. What is Dalachrech? Chktchkt!" His words come fast as he wrings his hands, and then clutches his cloak around his shoulders with a shudder.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

[Corridors]

"Dalachrech is a god of bugs," Dipsnig says with a shrug. "And his followers worship bugs. And yes, they do keep slaves and don't even bother to hide it. That's why I want to see them burn. And I'll do it by obtaining information about them and handing them to Watchtower, who will use it to squish them flat."

25. - Top - End - #925

[The door to NO]

There is a knock on the door to NO, looks like someone likes to enter.

26. - Top - End - #926

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Corridors]

"Dalachrech is a god of bugs," Dipsnig says with a shrug. "And his followers worship bugs. And yes, they do keep slaves and don't even bother to hide it. That's why I want to see them burn. And I'll do it by obtaining information about them and handing them to Watchtower, who will use it to squish them flat."
    Corridors

Slii considers this, nodding absently, "No-rats then, chktchkt! Verminkin not welcome, will be found too easily. Slii will-must devise new trick-skill for this task, yes-yes!" He starts reaching into the many filthy pockets of his animal-hide cloak, pulling out pouches that rattle and crunch and squish beneath his fingers.

"Bugs, right-yes? Slii can do bugs."

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

Shanaya looks at the dying dummy.

"I did," she responds. "The fire just went out right before you came out. Sadly, it didn't catch fire." The girl frowns and shakes her head. "I think there's only like a 1/20 chance that it'll catch fire." Not that she's a chemist, able to calculate the chances of something catching fire when you blast it with a pillar of fire from the heavens.

The frown ends.
    "That was pretty cool, though."
    One in twenty? Bianca asks, a little stunned. One in twenty! she says a little more forcefully. What good is that? Did it do any damage to the dummy at all? the marches over to examine the dead dummy.

{Main Room}

"Hmm... possibly." Might just come to an understanding with each other, being they are kinda the same person? Those things were always tricky and required game time of self discovery and some cut scenes. Ugh, cut scenes.
    Well, where to now, oh mighty leader? Caroline says with a half-smile.

28. - Top - End - #928

The dummy has scorch marks, but isn't on fire.

"Of course not!" replies Shanaya, replying with the same level of force in her voice. She also got a little angry. She learned that fire spell a couple of days ago! Of course it's strong enough.

"It's just a dummy! Dummies don't get hurt!" She's yelling, but only a little. Not as loud as she can get. Just a little annoyed.

The girl bends over, ready to fight. "If you want to see if it does damage, you should've said so!" Her brow is furrowed in anger, whatever that means.

Shanaya Evilene Klisvane starts to chant her fire spell again, and the glow encompasses her whole body again.

As everybody knows, anger makes Fire Spells stronger.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-11 at 01:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

{Main Room}

"I dunno. I still can't for the life of me figure out what the Main Questline is." Vincent says with a shrug. "Unless the whole growing up thing is. In which case I can thoroughly say this game's story is terrible." Terrible!

"Guess we might as well go to a tavern or town and bug people."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Corridors

Slii considers this, nodding absently, "No-rats then, chktchkt! Verminkin not welcome, will be found too easily. Slii will-must devise new trick-skill for this task, yes-yes!" He starts reaching into the many filthy pockets of his animal-hide cloak, pulling out pouches that rattle and crunch and squish beneath his fingers.

"Bugs, right-yes? Slii can do bugs."
    Dipsnig nods.
    "Bugs would be perfect, yes. Their temples are probably crawling with them anyway."