New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[The door to NO]

"Well I can't rightly deny the complete scoundrel bit, but this person obviously thinks I have no class, no taste." Kirk says, feigning taking a bit of offence to it. "You see, I'm a romantic at heart. I take a certain joy at treating women to a magical evening. And if that should lead to something more, far be it for me to refuse."

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The door to NO]

"Really now?" Shalyn replies, laughing. "Guess I just have to see for myself then, I assume that's an offer for an 'date?" She asks with a smile.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

Training Room - A little hot

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Shanaya suspects that Bianca used a secret Ninja move to disappear. She's guessing this, based on the smoke bomb, and everybody knows that only ninjas use smoke bombs.

Since she can't see Bianca yet, she prepares for the incoming Ninja Strike. She closes her eyes, and uses Psychic Powers (signaled by purple shards of light swirling around her) to sense any movements. Even if something comes up on her from behind, she won't be surprised.
    (The purple bar is slowly decreasing.)

With her eyes closed, she holds the flaming sword upright in front of her, prepare to strike in any direction in which she senses movement.
    As predicted, Bianca reappears behind Shanaya. Stepping out of the girl's shadow, she'll try to once again place her blade at Shanaya's throat.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

[The door to NO]

Well that is a pleasant surprise. "It would be my pleasure. Do you have any requests? Or should I surprise you?" Kirk rolls the blue stone between his fingers. Looks like he might need that for more than one reason.

5. - Top - End - #965

[The door to NO]

"You could met me in Mallside tomorrow unless you have an better idea?" Shalyn asks. "I'd still like the job to take priority though so don't let me distract you." She tells the drow with an meaningful look.

6. - Top - End - #966

Training Room - A little hot

Because of Shanaya's psychic eyes-closed ability, she recognizes that Bianca appears behind her!

The young girl takes a quick leap forward, away from Bianca, as soon as she comes out of the shadow. With this leap forward, she also gives a 180 degree turn. Shanaya's eyes are still closed.

The purple bar continues to decrease.

"Ha! I knew it, you are a ninja!" she exclaims, having wasted her turn dodging. Even though she knows where the stuff is around her, using this psychic ability lowers her speed (but increases agility. Or, in other words, she attacks more slowly.)

She tries to think about what she can do next. In order to attack, Shanaya will have to turn off her Spacial Mapping ability.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

{Training Room - A little hot}

Interesting. Bianca says, then moves around the room, as silently as she can. She's watching, observing. Then suddenly throws a shuriken at Shanaya's face.

8. - Top - End - #968

[Training Room - A little hot

Shanaya notices that Bianca went out of range of her Psychic Spacial Mapping, so she turns it off. The purple swirly beams of light disappear.

She turned it off at the wrong time, however. If she had continued to use that ability, she would have been able to notice the shuriken. Instead, the shuriken strikes at her face, as she regains her sight, opening her eyes!

"Ow, that hurt," she complains, with sharp pain in her left cheek and blood starting to run down to her chin.

The girl decides what to do next: There's still two more base abilities that she hasn't shown yet, the Star Power and the Transformation. The Transform bar is fully full, but the Star Power is nearly empty. She needs to attack more, first.

Thus, Shanaya swings her flaming sword at Bianca! This time, it doesn't shoot a slow-moving fireball. It launches a horizontal wave of fire, about 3 feet above the ground, slightly faster than the fireball. Dodging will have to either be ducking or jumping - no sideways dodging will get around it.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-14 at 09:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

{Training Room- A Little Hot}

Bianca looks surprised that the shurikan actually struck the girl. Of course it hurt. she says, a little annoyed.

She sees the girl coming at her, and swing the sword to attack, so Bianca goes to block, only to find a low-laying wave of fire coming her way. Too late to dodge, she just takes it. That's better. she says with a little grunt.

As the fire wave passes, her black sword disappears, replaced with a black whip. Let's see how you like this? she snaps it once, more for intimidation than an actual attack.

10. - Top - End - #970

[Training Room - A Little Hot]

Yay! A hit! Miss Evilene seems pleased that it hit. This means that the yellow bar went up another pixel or two. Just once more... she thinks. After enough hits (or cool moves - they don't even have to hit!), she can activate a Star Power!

The pleased look disappears when the whip comes out. Whips are scary. That evil caped guy had a whip. She steps backwards out of fear, a little bit, when she hears the whip crack. (She, unfortunately, can't judge the range of weapons very well.)

"I don't like it. Can you go back to the sword?" she asks, with pretty please and sugar on top.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

[The door to NO]

"Not being distracted by you is a lot to ask, but I'll do my very best." Kirk considers for a moment. "I have another idea. Say, you meet me here tomorrow afternoon. And bring a swimsuit."

12. - Top - End - #972

[The door to NO]

Shalyn chuckles at the drow, this guy really was something if he started to flatter her already. She'd keep an eye on him. "Then I have to visit mallside in either case considering I'd have to buy one."

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

[The door to NO]

"Excellent. I look forward to it." The drow holds up the blue stone. "And I think these'll do just nicely if we need to keep in touch."

14. - Top - End - #974

[The door to NO]

"Mhm, just keep in mind that they're supposed to be used for the mission primarily. Promise you'll think that first, alright?" Shalyn replies with a smile as she starts to turn around to walk out the door again.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-15 at 03:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

[The door to NO]

"You have my word." Kirk assures her. The drow opens up the door for her on her way out. "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow."

16. - Top - End - #976

[The door to NO]

"So do I, just don't forget about the mission." Shalyn replies as she turns around to walk backwards out the door while wagging her gloved finger at Kirk.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

[The door to NO]

Kirk chuckles and gives her a wave of her own as she departs. After she's turned away, he closes the door. That had been an interesting visit. And now he has a date to plan.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

[Training Room - A Little Hot]

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Yay! A hit! Miss Evilene seems pleased that it hit. This means that the yellow bar went up another pixel or two. Just once more... she thinks. After enough hits (or cool moves - they don't even have to hit!), she can activate a Star Power!

The pleased look disappears when the whip comes out. Whips are scary. That evil caped guy had a whip. She steps backwards out of fear, a little bit, when she hears the whip crack. (She, unfortunately, can't judge the range of weapons very well.)

"I don't like it. Can you go back to the sword?" she asks, with pretty please and sugar on top.
    No. Bianca says, taking a defensive pose.

19. - Top - End - #979

[Date Time]

A day later Scorn once again lands near NO and Shalyn get's off him, dressed in the very same clothes as before. She does carry a bag this time around however as she approaches the base and knocks on the door.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time]

There's very little delay before Kirk answers the door. He's holding a bag himself, but otherwise he looks just the same as usual. "Well hello there." He greets her with a dashing smile. "I should have remembered, you might want to put your swimsuit on under your clothes if you haven't already. You might freeze otherwise."

21. - Top - End - #981

[Date Time]

The beastmaster looks slightly confused. "Well, I have it in my backpack." She pauses and look oddly at the drow. "What exactly are we going to do Kirk?"

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time]

"Swimming of course. You trust me, don't you? Or are those rumors about me being a scoundrel and a knave colouring your opinion of me?" The drow asks amusedly.

23. - Top - End - #983

[Date Time]

Shalyn smiles in return, "Hardly, I want to see it for myself first before making up my mind. Where are we going to swim though? Do you have a sauna or something like that?" Unless they had an in-doors pool of course.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time]

"Not exactly. I'd tell you more, but that would ruin the surprise. I recommend keeping your jacket for the moment, though. You'll have to take my word that you should have your swimsuit on before we go." Kirk holds up his hand with his wrists pressed together. "My hands are tied."

25. - Top - End - #985

[Date Time]

"Fair enough, I trust you." The beast master replies, showing her palms as a sign of resignation. "So where can I change my clothes around here then?" She asks while looking around the room.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time]

"There's a washroom if that will work for you." The drow offers. Should she be fine with that, he'll give her some simple directions to get to it.

27. - Top - End - #987

[Date Time]

"That'll do fine." Shalyn replies before heading off ther according to Kirk's directions. She will return in a while dressed in the same clothes but presumingly with bathing clothes underneath. "So, shall we go? I'm pretty curious now."

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time]

"Right this way." Kirk opens the door back outside and offers his arm. What could he be up to? Should she comply, the drow will start leading her away from the base, in an apparently random direction. There doesn't seem to be anything of note in that direction, however.

29. - Top - End - #989

[Date Time]

The beastmaster looks at Kirk's offered arm confused at first but quickly gets the gist of it, intrigued by this to her exotic social gesture and takes the offered arm.

As they exit the building however Scorn flies up to them, looking curiously at the person by her masters side. "Can Scorn come as well? I promise she won't be in the way." Shalyn wonders.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-17 at 08:20 AM.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time]

"I don't mind in the least." Kirk says. There's no sign he actually does mind either. "I hope you don't mind a bit of a walk. There are fast ways to get where we're going, but most spoil the scenery."