New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Entrance]

"You'd be right. I've been taking a bunch of drek runs lately, figured I might find some better work here."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

Dipsnig's ears twitch as he attempts to figure out what "drek run" means.
    "If you don't mind some risky espionage, there is a job I was planning to assign to a couple members. You can get in on it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1053

[Entrance]

"Risky espionage is a runner's business," Cass says with a smirk. "I need to be in your club to get in on the work?"

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Club. Hah. Haven't had NO described that way before," Dipsnig says, mildly amused. "But yes. You need to sign up to get jobs. That means obeying my orders and the orders of my lieutenants."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1055

[Entrance]

"Yeah, I figured so." Cass considers it for a second or two. "Well, I'm not much for orders, but this is the only real place for work, so I'll follow your drift."

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

"That's good to hear. Now, fill out a form and I can tell you about the job. You'll be a probationary member until you actually finish one,
    "
    Dipsnig explains.

7. - Top - End - #1057

[Entrance]

"Right, I'll get on that." Cass heads inside to fill out a form.

Name: Twig
    Race: Human
    Profession: Shadowrunner
    Reason for Joining: Looking for decent work.
    Possible Services offered to would-be employers: Espionage is my main business. I'm an Adept, so I can do as well as anyone else in a fight.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

Dipsnig takes the form and gives it to a penguin to file it away.
    "Alright... Twig. If you'd take a seat, I can tell you what the job is about." He motions to the several armchairs in the room.

9. - Top - End - #1059

[Entrance]

Cass nods once, and takes her rifle off her back to sit comfortably. "So what's the job?"

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

"It's a private job, not an outside contract. I'll be paying you for it. You are to gather information about the Cult of Dalachrech. You probably haven't heard about them yet, if you're new around these parts," Dipsnig says.

11. - Top - End - #1061

[Entrance]

"Can't say I have. What's this cult all about?" Cass says. It should be a little obvious that she doesn't like cults at all.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"They worship a demon lord of invertebrates. More importantly, they're slavers. They keep slaves in their temples rather flagrantly. Since slavery is forbidden in most of the Nexus, they hide. This is where we come in. I need information about them, mostly where to find their temples and how to access them. I intend to give this information to other people, who will destroy the cultists," Dipsnig explains.

13. - Top - End - #1063

[Main Room]

Cass's face twists into a noticeable scowl. "You know anywhere I can start, known stomping grounds and the like?"

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I think they have a temple in Riverside and Underside. Try there. You can try tracking down any recent slave trade." Dipsnig shrugs. "You're free to do what you want so long as you get me information that might help in seeing them burn."

15. - Top - End - #1065

[Main Room]

"Right. You got a place I can store my rifle before I head out? Can't be too obvious." Cass stands up, actually a little eager to help get rid of some scumbags.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"You can pick a room and leave it there. We do have an armory, but you won't have access to it until you become a full-time member."

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

[Training - Post-Combat]

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    "It's a transformation," she says, taking deep breaths as she tries to recover her Stamina.

"The Dragon Goddess blessed me with the ability to transform into stuff once in a while. I can turn into a full-grown woman, a hairy man with an horned hat, a black cat, a mermaid, a baby dragon, and an angel." She stops staring at the ceiling as she sits herself up. "Some last longer than others, and some cost more than others. The angel costs 3, so I can't do it again before resting."

Shanaya reaches out to grab her sword again, which is definitely no longer on fire.
    Bianca steps on the blade of the sword, to attempt to keep Shanaya from getting it easily. And where'd you get this marvelous sword?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #1068

[Main Room]

"Sounds good to me. I'll be grabbing a hot shower before I head out. Inside's way dirtier than Seattle sometimes." Cass picks up her rifle again before heading off to the member's quarters.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Training - Post-Combat]

"Oh." Shanaya looks at her sword. Her hand is still gripped on the hilt, but Bianca's foot on the blade makes her unable to lift it up. She stares at the sword as if to will it up...but it doesn't happen.

"This one, I got from an old friend. And, when I say old friend, I mean someone that I met up with then we journeyed together then we split up later, and he gave me this as a present." It totally makes sense, right? Stuff like that always happens in RPGs. The guys always join up then split up then join up then split up then...

"The icy one, though, I got that one when I was lost in a forest." She reveals that she has more than one weapon! Oh, no! Where does she store it all? There's no obvious backpack or anything.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

[{Training- Post Combat}]

There were two? Bianca asks, raising an eyebrow. So, when you transformed, your sword changed to the other one? interesting.

She steps off the sword, letting Shanaya take it. You could be very useful to NO. Would you like to join?

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    The girls will hear a low whistle from the right. If they look that way - bad idea in a fight, of course - they might see a flicker of motion near the ceiling. Something almost invisible is hanging there, humanoid, likely clinging by its feet. For now, it just watches, thoroughly entertained.
    Now, as she's not in combat, Bianca remembers that there was something watching them fight. She looks up to where she'd heard the low whistle before. And just who are you? she pulls her whip and snaps it.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-10-08 at 09:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Training- Pôst Combát]

"Yes, of course," she replies. "It wouldn't be a transformation if my sword stayed the same," she says with a shake of her head. Which isn't really something that obvious. Maybe it only makes sense to her.
    Then, about joining NO, Shanaya exclaims, "That could be fun!" As long as she gets to beat up bad guys, fight this vile Vincent-man, whoever he is, and continue on her quest to find the Dragon Queen Shrines. She might even finally get to level 3! Level 3 sounds like it would be so much fun. It would take her a while to get used to the added level of complication that accompanies each level-up.

Shanaya Evilene Klisvane picks up her sword, and then quickly stands up. "I don't see it," she comments quietly, looking in the same direction as Bianca, for whatever she's looking at.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

{Training Room}

Bianca slowly returns her look to Shanaya. Of course, if you join us, you can't attack Vincent or Caroline. They are fellow members.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Halfling in the Playground

[Training Room]

"Ordo," says the empty space, shortly before something drops from that spot on the ceiling. He's like a mobile blur, feet padding across the floor in near-silence. Suddenly the voice is in front of them. "Nice to meetcha."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1074

Main Room]

After her excursion into the Riverside Temple, Cassidy's returned to the base, looking to update Dipsnig about her situation.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Cassidy will find the goblin there at this particular moment. He's watching the wolf family as it sleeps together in a big pile. The cubs are rather big by now.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Beast Pens

When Cassidy does find Dipsnig, she eyes the wolves for a few moments. She'd never seen normal wolves before. After that, she clears her throat. "Boss? Got an update for ya."

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Dipsnig turns around to face Cassidy. Some of the wolves raise their heads to look at her, but don't approach. They've just eaten and they feel lazy.
    "Oh? Good to hear. Give me your report."

28. - Top - End - #1078

Beast Pens

Cass nods once. I went to their temple in that Riverside plex. Thought to pose like a potential convert to get them trusting. Got to talk to their high priest, name's Defelent." She goes on to describe Defelent, a tiefling with a goatee. "Then it gets weird. I had some vision, and now they want me to become a cleric."

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Dipsnig taps his fang.
    "I think it'd be a little risky. Their big bug god is the type to meddle, so becoming his cleric would be counterproductive. But good job so far. Do you remember the layout of the temple?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-10-12 at 06:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Beast Pens

"Yeah, I remember what I saw. I can draw out a map, if you got a touchpad or something." Cassidy waits a few moments before continuing. "I think I should go for it. Playing the long con's risky, but I'll be able to get a hell of a lot more info."