New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Date Time]

"If I did, would I really say it to you? It felt like you didn't need much more encouragement." Shalyn replies laughing.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Time => Main Room]

Kirk chuckles along with her. The two chat for a while longer and relax in the warm water. Some time later, Shalyn decides to go. Kirk walks her back to the base, and then she heads off. That done, Kirk plops down on the couch in the main room, looking extremely satisfied with himself.

3. - Top - End - #1113

[Main Room]

Poor Kirk just can't keep those of the female gender away as another familiar face shows up, or rather, jumps down in the couch right next to him. "Kirky! Long time no see, I'm guessing from that foolish expression on your face you're in a happy mood right now?" Now it was her mission to ruin it!

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk shrugs. "A good enough mood, sure." Kirk looks at the other drow out of the corner of his eye. "And what brings you over here? Just saying hello?" He asks, fully expecting she's going to try and get under his skin.

5. - Top - End - #1115

[Main Room]

"What? I can't just walk up and talk to you now? It feels like it been ages since we did that last time. I'm sure you got a lot of interesting stories to tell, like what put that smile on your face for example." Dena replies with a smile.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Ah, Dena. I'd be a fool if I thought you didn't have an agenda." Kirk says jokingly. "I was just... negotiating with a client. It went very well. We even have a new contract." He gestures in the direction of the contract board.

7. - Top - End - #1117

[Main Room]

"You mean that northside temple contract?" Dena asks with a nod towards the contract board. "The one we already had? Good job there Kirky." The rogue replies as she leans back in the coach with her hands behind her head. "I imagine you at least had a good time though."

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk chuckles. She's more diligent about checking the contract board than he would have thought. "I did. There are few better ways to spend an afternoon."

9. - Top - End - #1119

[Main Room]

"So who did you spend your afternoon with exactly? Was it a man or a woman?" She asks, challenging Kirk's hetrosexuality.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I'm glad that you haven't managed to forget about the actual mission, Kirk," says a voice that has all the melody of a rusty hinge and that both drow know very well. Dipsnig has entered the room. Followed by two of the pups, which are pretty big by now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk rolls his eyes at Dena. "A woma-" He's interrupted by Dipsnig's entrance. "If it isn't the boss himself. My I'm popular today." He gives Dipsnig a smile that is no doubt completely ineffective. "I haven't forgotten a thing. If I recall, we already had people on a very similar mission. They can shoot two birds with one stone, and that will be that."

12. - Top - End - #1122

[Main Room]

"A woman you say? She didn't happend to go by the name of Shalyn did she?" Dena continues her questioning, not acknowledging Dipsnig's presence just yet.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk's smile indeed fails to affect Dipsnig's grumpiness.
    "We do have someone in the Riverside temple, yes. I hope that our new recruit will be able to dig up dirt on the Cult while gathering strategic information," he concedes. He'll have to tell her that, though. He didn't mention it when they spoke.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk glances at Dena out of the corner of his eye. "You know a suspicious amount about her already, you know that?" He says amusedly.

But back to Dipsnig. "Well then, there isn't any problem then. Excellent. Now put a smile on that face, Boss. It's only a matter of time before we get paid not once, but twice."

15. - Top - End - #1125

[Main Room]

Dena raises her hand to call attention to herself. "I would like to point out that I was the one that recommended NO to our new employer." More like she recommended Kirk, but for entirely different reasons. "Kirk didn't even do the paperwork himself judging from the handwriting. So if anyone should have the credit for us getting paid twice it's me."

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig's ears twitch, but something approaching a smile does appear on his face.
    "I try to be careful with that, Kirk. I'm not sure if my face could take the strain."
    His interest is then piqued by Dena mentioning she knows their employer.
    "So you know her? Well, good for us. Do you know why she wants us to dig up dirt on those molerat-humpers?"

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Yes, Dena, and how do you know her?" Kirk props chin in his hand and directs his full attention to the other drow.

18. - Top - End - #1128

[Main Room]

Dena eyes Dipsnig and Kirk carefully, she certainly wasn't going to answer Kirk's question but the goblins were a lot easier. "She works for some vampires living in Riverside apparently so I guess they want intel about the competition." She replies while shaking her head at Kirk, what a silly guy.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig nods.
    "Mhm. That makes sense. We don't ask this sort of question anyway. I've already sent the first batch of information about the temple in Riverside to Watchtower's councilor. Hopefully they'll do something about it. I've also sent it to Tobias in HALO, but that was just to shut him up. The chances of him or anyone else from there doing something with the info are low. Unfortunately, our mole in the temple hasn't produced anything incriminating yet."
    Behind him, the two pups start to wrestle. It creates something of a weird contrast.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Very suspicious. He's going to have to corner Dena and make her talk, isn't he? "What's with you and this temple anyway? You seem pretty keen on seeing it brought to the ground." Kirk observes.

21. - Top - End - #1131

[Main Room]

"If they're slavers, I'd agree with the boss. They all deserve to burn, every last one of them." Dena replies with a gesture towards Dipsnig.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I feel more or less the same," Dipsnig says. "I'm not going to tolerate slavers if I can do something about it. And it just so happens that I can."

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk chuckles. "As good a reason as any. You won't hear any complaints from me." He'd be content to leave them be as long as they never effected him, but he doesn't much care either way.

24. - Top - End - #1134

[Main Room]

"Great, then we're all on the same page here." Dena replies. "Oh and while you're here boss, I just got to tell you and Kirk about the killer lesbians who attacked me in the middle of the base."

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig raises his eyebrows, visibly surprised for once.
    "Killer lesbians. Now that's something I need to hear."

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk blinks a few times, rather surprised himself. "This ought to be interesting. Let's hear it."

27. - Top - End - #1137

[Main Room]

"Brace yourself then boys since this is hilarious. So I had just taken a shower when suddenly I heard a knock on the door, abandoning my usual cautiousness I decided to glint open the door to check who it was. It was in the middle of the base after all.

Turned out to be a big mistake because outside were two angry furries. I mentioned that they were furries right? One of them a batgirl the other one some sort of rat woman both dressed like they were going to bump uglies with Kirky."
    Events may or may not be 100 % accurately portrayed.

"I didn't have much time to really comprehend this fact though as the next thing I know they were forcing their way inside armed swords and guns. It was pretty crazy considering I was just dressed in a towel at the moment but luckily I had hid one of my knives in it so I wasn't completely defenseless." Why she hid a dagger inside her towel is anyones guess.

"So we fought for a bit, it being pretty obvious they had a serious hard on for one another the way they were acting. But finally I managed to reason with them, turned out they from Riverside of all places and that they were after this guy who had hired me at one occasion. So I just gave them his location and they left." Dena finishes while leaning further back in the coach. "So that's my story about the killer lesbians from Riverside."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-01 at 10:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig listens to the story in incredulous silence. Still, Dena isn't lying. He can tell when someone is.
    "Are you sure it wasn't some sort of set-up? Maybe you should have looked for a hidden camera. There are probably people who'd pay to watch this kind of scene."
    It's hard to tell if he's joking or not.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk has an amused smile on his face throughout the story, and at the end of it he just laughs. "Killer lesbians. You don't see that every day. Makes me wonder how they got in the base to begin with, though." Kirk doesn't quite believe the entire story. It's just a bit too absurd.

30. - Top - End - #1140

[Main Room]

"Ha! Like Kirky, boss? He'd pay a fortune to see that, bet he arranged something." Dena claims with an amused glance at the other drow. "And we all know just how rich he is."