New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Main Room - Bulletin Board]

Dipsnig steps into the Main Room and spots two people at the bulletin board. I'm glad you two are here. There are some jobs that need doing, as you can see.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Room-Board

"Sure are," Kuko agrees with Dipsnig, prior conundrum all but forgotten. The boss is glad to see him! Yay! "Is there a specific one you want done, boss?" Kuko is up for anythhing at the boss' order.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #93

Ashley takes another glance at the jobs before turning to Dipsnig. "Is it safe to guess that I'll be looking for these minerals?" She wasn't entirely sure she could destroy a factory right now.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig nods.
    Pretty much, yeah. Can you two handle this job? I'm not sure how challenging it might be, but I have a list of the places this stuff can be found at.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #95

"Yes sir!" Kuko answers with aplomb. The problem he had earlier has been solved. "You can count on me! Er, Us!" he corrects himself. "Hi! I'm Kuko," he finally introduces himself. "I'm new. Pleasure to meet you." And that ol' minish attention span showing its colors again.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-03-01 at 06:10 PM.

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #96

[Main Room]

"No problem, Dipsnig. We'll get it done," Ashley says to Dipsnig, before turning to Kuko. "It's nice to meet you too. I'm Ashley." she says while looking down at him.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Like I said, I wrote down where this stuff might be found. Dipsnig waves a piece of paper in his hand. Not sure how we're supposed to reach a goddess' realm...

8. - Top - End - #98

Main room

"That would depend on the goddess, wouldn't it?" he asks. "I know that if it was my goddesses, we would have to use the Golden Power they left behind when they created the world." That was oddly wise coming from "What do we know about the goddess, boss?"

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #99

[Main Room]

Ashley listens to Kuko talking about the Golden Power, and it intrigues her a bit. She might ask later. But for now, she adds, "Yeah, knowing more about this realm would help. If we've got nothing, I can try and do some research."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Says here the goddess' name is Savorla and that her realm is not easy to enter. However, once you get inside, she's apparently not too stingy about the void-warped citrine, Dipsnig explains.

11. - Top - End - #101

Main room

"I've never heard of that one." Kuko admits a little dissapointed. "On the brightside, getting there is hardest part. Is there a library we can look her up in?"

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Main Room

Slii's head bobs, pleased that she appreciates the gift, "Runes make it strongfast, will repair itself if it is mishandled. Ones near the tip generate blood, for signing things. Should not run out, unless the glow fades." Chaos magic is full of variables like that, so Slii can't say for certain.
    "This is indeed intriguing. Where does the blood come from?" she asks many questions, but her curiosity is erudite.

Should the three new arrivals in the main room be speaking openly, her attention perks and she is clearly eavesdropping on the goings-on with the other job while maintaining most of her focus on Slii. If they are not open about this discussion, then she will not visibly pry.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

There are a few well-equipped libraries in Inside. If that fails, we can always contact our employers. Still, we have a name, which makes looking for data easier. Too bad none of them are familiar with the Internet.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "This is indeed intriguing. Where does the blood come from?" she asks many questions, but her curiosity is erudite.

Should the three new arrivals in the main room be speaking openly, her attention perks and she is clearly eavesdropping on the goings-on with the other job while maintaining most of her focus on Slii. If they are not open about this discussion, then she will not visibly pry.
    Main Room

"From the memories of veins and heart that twisted and pumped through these animals. Slii has brought them back to now, to serve further purpose." Slii is also paying attention to the three at the board, but not enough to be listening in on them. He's simply interested to see if Kuko will be going on his first job soon.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance => In]

Kirk has arrived back here after going to GLoG, presumably with Dena. They collected a few names for the job, so he'll call that a success, despite other issues. That's not important though. "I suppose we should go talk to Dipsnig."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Entrance => In]

"I suppose, maybe we should avoid mentioning you almost ended up in a fight like three times in a row too huh?" Dena asks, wondering how Kirk were planning to get back that airship anyway.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room => Dipsnig's Office]

"It was only twice, and yes, we should definitely avoid mentioning that." Kirk says, completely casually. He gives her a sidelong glance.

18. - Top - End - #108

"Just as we won't mention your time as a bunny girl right?" The other drow asks, looking ready to start laughing again just at the mention of that. "How much were you paying me to keep quiet about it again?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

"I figure I have three options. One, I could show you just how much I'd appreciate you keeping quiet in my room. Two, I could buy you something nice; Price is no object. Or three, all of the above." Kirk says with another look. He most certainly wasn't looking at her eyes that time.

20. - Top - End - #110

"Prostituting yourself are you Kirk? Why am I not surprised?" Dena chuckles and then throws a side-long glance at the other drow. "Of course, I'm not sure it counts as prostitution if you're looking that way at the client... is there something wrong with my new clothes?" She asks, suddenly suspicious.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"I find parkas incredibly sexy." Kirk says without hesitation. The honesty and sincerity in his voice is unquestionable, if only his statement had been. Kirk is far too good of a liar for his own good.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Main Room

"From the memories of veins and heart that twisted and pumped through these animals. Slii has brought them back to now, to serve further purpose." Slii is also paying attention to the three at the board, but not enough to be listening in on them. He's simply interested to see if Kuko will be going on his first job soon.
    "Hmm..." she ponders that for a moment.

"Thank you for the gift. I am sorry I do not have anything unique to give you." she looks like she genuinely wishes she could return the favor. "Perhaps I could help you bring justice to the client that betrayed our organization. What transpired and how do you intend to hunt him or her?"
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

23. - Top - End - #113

She glances at him suspiciously, "Riiight, just remember who know what you spend some time as alright? Now that we're meeting Dipsnig and all."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dipsnig's Office]

That's disappointing. She'd threaten that? Well, he hasn't given her reason not to spread that around just yet, though. "What if I told you you're only wearing a bikini?" He looks her over again now that the cat's out of the bag.

25. - Top - End - #115

"Hmm..." she ponders that for a moment.

"Thank you for the gift. I am sorry I do not have anything unique to give you." she looks like she genuinely wishes she could return the favor. "Perhaps I could help you bring justice to the client that betrayed our organization. What transpired and how do you intend to hunt him or her?"
    Main Room

Slii shakes his head, a contemplative look on his weathered features, "Half-thing lied to clan NO about the contract, provided false information, and took off with rightful profits. Master Dipsnig has declared his life forfeit, and any NO member who thinks themself capabe should lend aid to this task. However... If kin-mate wishes to take the job, Slii has other, more pressing matters to attend to. Can lend support from here, if you wish it." Slii sees opportunity in this meeting. Perhaps her taking this job from him means he won't have to go outside again, fraying his nerves further.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main room

"I've never heard of that one." Kuko admits a little dissapointed. "On the brightside, getting there is hardest part. Is there a library we can look her up in?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Room]

There are a few well-equipped libraries in Inside. If that fails, we can always contact our employers. Still, we have a name, which makes looking for data easier. Too bad none of them are familiar with the Internet.
    Ashley's only beginning to learn about phones, let's not drop the Internet on her.

"Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard to find an old book or something like that. There's a lot of them in libraries, believe it or not." Ashley chuckles a little at her terrible joke.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Unfortunately I cannot take the job outright as I am currently working on the warehouse assignment. I could aid you in the job, however, or take it after the warehouse assignment is complete."

She tries to look him in the eye as she speaks, and seems to finally be finding that wolf-skull helmet over his head rather distracting. ((If I recall correctly, he put his hood up when he left Dipsnig's office and no mention has been made of him putting it down. On an unrelated note: is that rat-tail whip of his visible at the moment?))

"I cannot begin the warehouse assignment until I find a second member of the organization who is skilled with ranged weapons, preferably the new weapons found in this Nexus and the special... 'technology' I have heard the devices called... that is found here. If you know of someone with such skills I could finish that job more quickly and lend you aid sooner."

28. - Top - End - #118

Main Room- Bulletin Board

Kuko was absolutely enchanted by the TOASTER. We'd lose him forever if he had access to the internet.

"Then let's go to a library!" the minish cheers. The best part of human society, Books. Where a minish can learn everything a human can. Let the learning adventure begin!
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-03-03 at 09:51 PM.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room- Bulletin Board]

Dipsnig nods. Alright then. That's some plan at least. More than I've started many a contract with. Let me know if you find anything.

30. - Top - End - #120

"Unfortunately I cannot take the job outright as I am currently working on the warehouse assignment. I could aid you in the job, however, or take it after the warehouse assignment is complete."

She tries to look him in the eye as she speaks, and seems to finally be finding that wolf-skull helmet over his head rather distracting. ((If I recall correctly, he put his hood up when he left Dipsnig's office and no mention has been made of him putting it down. On an unrelated note: is that rat-tail whip of his visible at the moment?))

"I cannot begin the warehouse assignment until I find a second member of the organization who is skilled with ranged weapons, preferably the new weapons found in this Nexus and the special... 'technology' I have heard the devices called... that is found here. If you know of someone with such skills I could finish that job more quickly and lend you aid sooner."
    ((The rope is hidden under his jacket, coiled around one arm. The hood is indeed up though.))

Main Room

"Slii feels sorrow in telling you that there are few such members, and most of them have vanished for unforeseen reasons. Slii wishes you luck on your task, but knows you shall find little." Raennall has Slii's pity, if not his trust. That warehouse was one of the more difficult missions they'd been entrusted with so far.

"The traitor can wait, however. For now, Slii will keep eyes on his movements, and wait until he is most vulnerable. If kin-mate is finished with her mission by then, Slii would gladly take the aid." Not to mention, if she finishes her first mission she'll be a full member, and have gained some measure of worth in the rat catcher's eyes.