New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Kirk's Room]

Kirk grits his teeth, and reluctantly says. "No." Oh boy he's angry, and an unhealthy amount of that anger is directed at Dena.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

The rogue facepalms, "Great. Just be cool though, even if you didn't use protection there is no guarantee she'll get pregnant anyway right? I just don't get how you screw that up."

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"Why the hell didn't you warn me?" Kirk says, not much in the mood to be criticized at the moment. "Gods, she'd better not get pregnant."

4. - Top - End - #1174

[Kirk's Room]

"I figured you'd use protection! You always use it when you're with me, why in the sands didn't you use it with her?" Dena asks back.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"My bloody clothes were a ways away and she was all over me." Kirk says, knowing it's a terrible excuse. Gods dammit anyway.

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig's ears twitch. Fortunately, he's pretty resistant to craziness at this point. Especially this particular brand of craziness.
    "Dragon Queen's shrines, you say. Why are you looking for them?" It might be important. Possibly.
    The pups, meanwhile, keep up their sniffing. They will not be ignored!
    [Main Room place]

Shanaya will ignore the dogs as long as possible! She is an expert at ignoring things. In fact, she's probably the best person at ignoring things of all times.

Okay, maybe not, since the girl starts scratching them on the head and behind the ears. Dogs and wolves and dingos just love that. She couldn't help herself from doing it!

"I'm looking for them because that's the thing to do," she says without really saying anything. Then, she clarifies. "The Dragon Queen is all-powerful and really cool and nice. I'm her knight, so I've got to visit her shrines and pray at them and defeat her enemies and stuff. Everyone I find, I get that much closer to finding my missing brother." Her brother was captured by the man with a cape who also has a whip. That was ages ago, back when she was level one.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #1177

[Kirk's Room]

"Yeah I'm sure she was all over you." Dena replies with a roll of her eyes. "Look Kirk, it's no way you can blame me for this, can't you just go talk to her? She seemed perfectly reasonable to me."

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"What the hell am I supposed to talk to her about. 'Oh by the way, you aren't pregnant are you? Oh you're not? Good, I hope I never see you again.' And what if she is?" Dena has hardly seen so much emotion out of Kirk. Usually he keeps it under lock and key.

9. - Top - End - #1179

[Kirk's Room]

"To be fair, you can't put all the blame on her Kirk. We don't even know if she did want to get pregnant. She just said it was a cultural thing, she didn't say she would actually do it." The other drow replies, attempting to calm him down a bit.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

Kirk takes a few controlled breaths. "You might be right." he odds aren't incredibly high that she gets pregnant even if she wanted to as well. He might have even lucked out with it being impossible for them to have children. He's encountered that before in humans.

11. - Top - End - #1181

[Kirk's Room]

"Aren't I always?" Dena muses. "Either you just leave it be and hope for the best, or you go talk to her about it. It's as simple as that."

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

Kirk sighs. "I'll leave it be. Ideally I can forget about this immediately and nothing comes of it." He hopes he doesn't see Shalyn ever again, because no matter what it'll be an unpleasant encounter.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Main Room place]

Shanaya will ignore the dogs as long as possible! She is an expert at ignoring things. In fact, she's probably the best person at ignoring things of all times.

Okay, maybe not, since the girl starts scratching them on the head and behind the ears. Dogs and wolves and dingos just love that. She couldn't help herself from doing it!

"I'm looking for them because that's the thing to do," she says without really saying anything. Then, she clarifies. "The Dragon Queen is all-powerful and really cool and nice. I'm her knight, so I've got to visit her shrines and pray at them and defeat her enemies and stuff. Everyone I find, I get that much closer to finding my missing brother." Her brother was captured by the man with a cape who also has a whip. That was ages ago, back when she was level one.
    The wolf cubs are scratched. Noone can resist them!
    "Okay..." Dipsnig says with a perfectly straight face. "Well, we're not exactly swamped with work even at the best of times, so you'll probably have plenty of time to look for all this."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Halfling in the Playground

Main Room

Ordo stumbles out've the training room, brushing some clear, rapidly evaporating ooze off his arm. He sounds... irritated, but not at his present company. "Okay, what'd I miss? Something about a quest?" Shanaya is glanced at most pointedly. As much as a man with a blindfold can glance.

Besides the blindfold, Ordo's wearing a pair of sweatpants and little else. He's much more muscular than he should be, given the psion's lifestyle. Probably some new form of shapeshifting he's developed.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-11-06 at 11:35 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

Oh hi, Ordo. Well, did you miss me, perchance? Hmmm? Bianca asks, moving closer to him. But other than that, I introduced Miss "I actually have two Vs in my name" to the Boss. Er, Dipsnig. And she's currently scritching the pups heads.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #1186

[Main Room]

"Uh, sure?" Ordo's not sure what to make of Bianca's first statement. The psion waves at his employer. "Heya Dipsnig. You hiring the kid on?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1187

[Main Room]

Shanaya sticks out her tongue at Bianca. That second one doesn't really count!

The wolf cubs are scratched. Noone can resist them!
    "Okay..." Dipsnig says with a perfectly straight face. "Well, we're not exactly swamped with work even at the best of times, so you'll probably have plenty of time to look for all this."
    Oh, how Shanaya loves wolf cubs. They're just a pain to level up. That's the only problem with them. She's glad that she's not the owner of these dogs, and that she's just the person who is rubbing them behind the ears.

"Okay," she says, nodding, to Dipsing's statement. "That's good, because then I can find lots and lots of side-quests."

Oh, yes! Ordo reminds the girl. "Oh, yes. I remembered!" She glances at Ordo, then back at Dipsing. "Is there some sort of quest that I have to do to join up?" she asks, thinking frantically (as if it would influence Dipsing's decision) Please no grinder quest, please no, pleasenopleasenopleaseno
    nononononononononono...anything but a grinder quest.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Looks like it, Ordo," Dipsnig says before looking back at Shanaya. "Not really. But until you finish a mission or find us a new one, you're on probation, which means you can't access the armory or treasury."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #1189

Main Room

Shanaya shrugs. Sounds like a good deal. She didn't expect to be able to use the armory yet. There's probably just normal weapons and evil walking suits of armor, anyway. Besides, she has everything she already needs.

"Sounds pretty neat. I'll go out and find a quest as soon as possible," she says. The biggest delays on this will be because of Math Tests, translation errors, and side quests.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Great. You're in. And since I have three members in one place, there's something that needs doing. Work's been scarce lately, so I have a private job for anyone who's interested and doesn't mind spying on a slave-keeping, demon-worshipping cult," Dipsnig says.

21. - Top - End - #1191

[Main Room]

"Definitely in," Ordo volunteers, raising a fist in the air. "The boredom was starting to kill me. Who hired us for this one?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

Slave-keeping demon-worshipping cult? Bianca slowly raises out of the shadow she was just departing through. In. she looks suspiciously at Ordo.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #1193

[Main Room]

"Great. You're in. And since I have three members in one place, there's something that needs doing. Work's been scarce lately, so I have a private job for anyone who's interested and doesn't mind spying on a slave-keeping, demon-worshipping cult," Dipsnig says.
    [Main Room]
    "I accept," states Shanaya E. Klisvane, new member of NO. Then, as an afterthought, she adds, "However, I think that the other two," motioning at Bianca and Ordo, "will do better than me. So you should definitely hire them instead of me." It's always a good idea to defer to the lady that can step into shadows, because she could probably eat your shadow for breakfast, and the blind guy, because of the Equal Rights in Working movements.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #1194

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

Kirk sighs. "I'll leave it be. Ideally I can forget about this immediately and nothing comes of it." He hopes he doesn't see Shalyn ever again, because no matter what it'll be an unpleasant encounter.
    [Kirk's Room]

"Suit yourself, I'd personally try to cut all loose ends but I get the feeling you don't find that as important." Dena replies as she sits down on Kirk's bed. "Talking about loose ends, how are you and Tina doing?"

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Noone has," Dipsnig says in response to Ordo. "I'm going to be paying you. There's a religion known as the Cult of Dalachrech. Dalachrech is a demon lord of invertebrates. They keep slaves. So I want you to gather information about them, which I will send to Watchtower and other people who might want to destroy them. They have temples in several places of a varying degree of secrecy. I already have a mole in their temple in Riverside, and I know they have one in Underside."

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"We haven't spoken for a bit, but we're meeting up at a party that's coming up soon." Kirk replies, seemingly unconcerned with the new line f questioning.

27. - Top - End - #1197

[Kirk's Room]

"So you are trying to repair the relationship then?" Dena inquires with a curious look at Kirk.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"We're still friends. I needed a plus one and we haven't spent much time with one another in a while." Kirk says, attempting to sidestep the question.

29. - Top - End - #1199

[Main Room]

"The boss actually paying me for once. Imagine that," Ordo says, making a cheap joke. Joking's not normally his thing, either, unless you count snide remarks. "Don't worry about it Shanaya. We're all a long way from professional here. Cept' maybe Bianca." And that time, he's not joking. Mr. Ventrii turns his head toward the 'former' assassin, and discovers that she's giving him a suspicious look. "What?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-11-17 at 04:18 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #1200

[Kirk's Room]

"So you admit it then." Dena replies with a smile. "I just want to let you know that I think you're doing the right thing. You look really cute together."