New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Kirk's Room]

"Try me." Is all the drow says in response. He smirks at her, utterly confident.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"Ha! I have to get some gear first." Dena replies with a amused smile. "Still interested?" What is Kirk getting himself into?

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

Kirk raises an eyebrow, but he isn't fazed. "If you're trying to scare me, you know perfectly well that won't work. Enough with the stalling already or I'm going to think you're all talk."

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Rilla's golem will arrive here, and will knock on the door, its other arm holding a pair of odd looking chokers.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig opens the door to his office, then looks up. Then down at the chokers. "Are those the waterbreathing devices?" he asks. He's not sure just how much the golem understands.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"MESSAGE DELIVERY," Which the golem now starts playing, in Rilla's voice, "These chokers recycle the air in the wearer's lungs, so you don't need to breathe while you're wearing them. I would have come up to deliver them myself, but I'm INSPIRED!"

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. He doesn't particularily like the sound of "INSPIRED!". Oh well. He's dealt with more dangerous things than crazy scientists.
    "Okay... Can you bring a message back, golem?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Offiice]

"AFFIRMATIVE," the golem says, and begins recording.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig clears his throat.
    "I recieved the devices. Good work. Come see me when you're not busy, I have some more projects for you." Clearly no other motives here.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig will hear a click from the golem before it trundles away back down towards the labs

--------------

Several hours later, Rilla will come up to Dipsnig's office. She's currently wearing a long white coat with many singe marks on it over some clothing that seems a bit oversized for her. She'll knock on the door.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig opens the door for Rilla. "Oh, hello. Come in." He opens the door all the way and steps aside to let her in.
    His office is rather small and spartan. There's a desk, covered in papers, a large file cabinet and a wardrobe. Dipsnig's pickaxe is hanging on the wall behind his desk - he finally admitted to himself that it's a daft choice of a weapon. There's also a door in one of the walls, leading to Dipsnig's bedroom. The room would feel rather cramped to a human, but is fine for a goblin or Asura.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Rilla's large blue eyes glance over the room, determining what they can about Dipsnig from them. He seems to be a utilitarian sort. Used to be a miner? at least judging from that pickaxe, "What can I do for you, Dipsnig?"

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Both guesses would be correct, in fact. Dipsnig wanders over behind his desk, sits down and motions to another chair on its other side.
    "Sit down, please. As I said, I have a few things I'd like you to make. This time, they're weapons for my personal use."

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Front Door

After quite a while at Riverside's Dalachrechian temple, Cassidy is back at NO, not looking any worse for where. She knocks on the front door, wondering what the reaction to her return is going to be.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Rilla goes to sit down to speak to dipsnig, wondering exactly what sort of weaponry he wants. Hopefully not a pickaxe. Those things make terrible weapons.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig reaches under the desk and pulls out his crossbow. It's fairly big and heavy for someone his size. It has a system of levers and pulleys to allow fast drawing with just one pull of a lever and a feeding mechanism that allows it to shoot three bolts in rapid succession before Dipsnig has to insert a new set. It looks like it could pack quite a punch.
    "Do you think you could do something with this? I was thinking about something to help with long-distance aiming, and maybe some special bolts."

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Rilla nods as she looks over the crossbow, "I think I can whip something up. Perhaps a aero-propulsion tunnel system and some bolts of varying types."

"In... the meantime. Do you have any... I don't know, spare informaries? Letting a golem perform medial work seems like a bad idea to me. And it's kind of creepy." Rilla rubs her left arm; given how intense she was about her work earlier, it may occur to Dipsnig that she only stopped working because she injured herself, but didn't know where to go for it.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-12-14 at 06:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. Yep, definetly one of those scientists. Worked until she fried her own arm.
    "CB isn't your average golem. Well, he's not really a golem. His kind are called robots. He's as intelligent as you or I and a perfectly competent medic, trust me."

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Rilla frowns. Robot? Well, it's not a golem, at least, "Alright, I'll go talk to it. I think I'm done with my inventions for today though; I'll get started on the crossbow tomorrow."

Unless stopped, Rill will exit the office, heading in the direction of the infirmary.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Good luck. Let me know if you need anything," Dipsnig says as Rilla leaves. When she's gone, he thinks. Hm. Well, she's really smart and quite attractive in her own way - whoever the Asura are, they're goblins with another name, really. Definetly worth a shot, but she seems rather focused on her research and experiments. And unwanted advances would be really awkward and thoroughly unprofessional. It's not like Dipsnig is concerned with rejection - been there, done that - but professional standards are his personal moral code. Hm...

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

CB is here. Just kind of sitting there. Off to the side, not moving. A five-foot tall cylinder with four eyes and five arms... there was no attempt to make him even remotely humanoid.

CB won't react if Rilla walks through back into the labs, but if she stops in the infirmary or begins to approach him, he will speak.

"I presume you are here to seek treatment for your little accident?"

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

CB will likely have heard the explosion, yes, though it was muffled somewhat, "Yes, I suppose I am," She frowns, "What can I do to make this go as quickly as possible?"

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Cooperate. I feel that is true for any medical treatment. Whether scientific or... magical." CB will roll forward a bit, and scan the hand with his medical scanner to see how bad the burns are.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Rilla will take off her labcoat, showing the burnt arm beneath. It's a second degree bur, but is mostly on the skin, barely extending past the epidermis. Still, it's to her credit that she isn't in more pain; or, if she is, that she's handling it so well.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-12-14 at 08:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"How quaint."

CB will move to a wall, and pull something off of a shelf. He will move back to Rilla, and spray it on the burns. It won't sting, in fact it will feel nice and cool until her skin goes numb and she stops feeling at all. The spray is also a healing salve and will help the burns heal... but really, first and foremost it keeps it from hurting.

"Come back if it starts to sting. Don't pick at it."

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Well, that was simple. Not actual heaing, but she imagined that the spray would make the healing process quicker, "Thanks. I'll make sure."

And she'll walk down into her lab, since one of the things she's set up down there is a sleeping area for herself. Time to sleep off the wound, and then get back to work.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Front Door

After quite a while at Riverside's Dalachrechian temple, Cassidy is back at NO, not looking any worse for where. She knocks on the front door, wondering what the reaction to her return is going to be.
    [Front Door]

The door swings open to reveal a certain drow leaning on the door frame. "Well well well, look who's back." Kirk says. "I hope you've accomplished something productive rather than just taken a vacation."

28. - Top - End - #1318

Front Door

Cassidy looks a little amused at this chant from someone she's never met. "More than I bet you've done, dandelion eater. Who are you?"

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

"Really now? You think you've done so much, yet you haven't been around long enough to know the name of one of the lieutenants. And your superiour I might add." The drow tsks at her and shakes his head. "Locke is the name, but you can call me Kirk."

30. - Top - End - #1320

Front Door

Cassidy remains unimpressed by the fact that Kirk is one of the lieutenants. "I'll stick to Locke, thanks. Name's Twig. Now are you gonna let me in or what?"