New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

[Lab]

"Much like it, yes, though with a more combat oriented form than the one we have here." Rilla says, "If they're meant to be guards, I don't see why we'd need too much else out of them."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

Dipsnig nods. "Their only function would be to punch people who want to attack the base. Alright. You can withdraw whatever funds you need from the treasury for this project."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

Rilla nods, "Sounds good to me. You won't be disappointed by the results, I promise you!"

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"I don't doubt that," Dipsnig says with a smile. "Now, for that other project... it's another of my attempts to reorganize my personal arms." He reaches to his waist and right shoulder, producing a pair of short, wide and daggers with triangle-shaped blades. "How good are you at making magic weapons?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"It's definitely not my specialty, so I can't promise something too grand, but I know how to make them, and I can get creative with enchantment. Tell me what you need"

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"Something that slows down and weakens people who get hit. I'm not exactly a close combat expert, so I try to use any edge I can when I'm forced to fight this way," Dipsnig says.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"I can do that, sure."

"... wouldn't you prefer a gun over a crossbow though? I know some people use bows because of the way magic can interact with them, but I don't remember meeting anybody using a crossbow."
    Rilla quirks an eyebrow at Dipsnig. She'll do it, either way, she just wants to know.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

Dipsnig shrugs.
    "Habit, I suppose. I used a crossbow a lot before coming here. Besides, it's quiet. I am possibly the only person in the Nexus to use a crossbow, though. Funny how that works."

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

She nods, "Well, I certainly have no objections. A bolt is larger than a bullet - I can put more runes onto it than the tiny pieces of metal that guns shoot. Drop off the equipment and I'll make it work wonders, I promise you."

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"Very well." Dipsnig takes his crossbow off his back and hands it to Rilla, along with both daggers. "I'm looking forward to seeing the results. For low, bye and good luck." With that, he heads off.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

Bianca steps out of the shadow behind the couch and looks around. Dipsnig!? She calls out.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Bianca will see Dipsnig approach from the direction of the labs, seemingly in a strangely good mood.
    "What is it, Bianca?"

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

Hey, did your inside source ever mention joining a hat society? Or am I looking in the wrong house? Bianca asks, hands on her hips, and on the verge of looking annoyed.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig blinks, completely dumbfounded.
    "Uh. What? No, she didn't mention any hat society."
    There goes his good mood, most likely...
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-04 at 12:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside]

Dena will likely drive Bramwell to NO since it lays so far away from everything. "...and I still have no idea why they would put a mercenary organization here of all places. It's cold and far away from everything. I swear that Dipsnig put it here just that everyone else should be as grumpy as him." Dena argues as she steps out of the snow mobile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-04 at 03:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

Bianca continues on to look annoyed, and rolls her eyes. Grreat! I've been wasting my time with some wacked out nut-job who's too into strange hats. she says tossing her hands up in dispair.

Then she turns back to look at Dipsnig. Your sources name isn't Alice by any chance, is it? Or maybe you could give me something more solid to look for, a place or person I can make contact with?

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig sighs, but manages to keep the rest of his feelings to himself. Hats? Seriously? This is so profoundly idiotic. But it's probably the universe evening things out after sending him a smart, good-looking woman who also happens to be a brilliant inventor.
    "No, her name is Cassidy. And the temple itself is open to public."

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

Seriously!? Why didn't you tell me that before? What's the name of this temple? And Bianca begins to dream up ways she can torture and kill Alicia.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Dipsnig takes a deep breath. Just take it slow. There's no need to freak out just because it turns out he has to hand-hold his supposedly deadly assasssins through simple information gathering.
    "I thought it was obvious. I never told you the temple was secret either."

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside

"Well, you know what they say. Misery loves company." Bramwell says with a small smile. "Remind me to bring a coat with me next time. I might be resistant to cold, but by the Knight this is freezing." He admits, arms wrapped around himself for warmth as he climbs off. "At least you don't have to worry about anyone attacking. Only an idiot would in this mess."

21. - Top - End - #1401

Outside

"Ha! I guess that explains why we're hired by idiots most of the time. They're the only ones stupid enough to come all the way here to hire us." Dena replies before she opens the door and let Bramwell inside first before she quickly closes the door. "But home sweet home as they say, just don't mind that creepy robot if he talks to you. He's mostly harmless."

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside =>Inside

Bramwell smiles and tries to slip his arm around Dena's waist. "Well, I'd really like to just ignore everyone else if that's acceptable." He says with a broad grin. "Though, I do admit I like how this is built."

23. - Top - End - #1403

Inside

"It have it's charms." Dena replies, giving Bramwell an amused look as he slips his arm around her waist. "Wait until you see my room though, it's very cozy, I even think I got a bottle of wine somewhere waiting."

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallways

Bramwell chuckles. "Just one? Well, I suppose too much would detract from the rest of the evening." He admits. "And cozy is fine. I never minded a small room. Some of the best things in my life happen in them." He tells her with a grin as they walk. "And I'm thinking a bit more will be added to that list shortly, isn't it?"

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Front Door]

"I hope stealing a sword wasn't all you accomplished while you were there." Kirk says. He'd have to pose the idea of quality testing new applicants to Dipsnig if that's all. She gets the benefit of the doubt for the moment, however.
    ((Sorry I forgot about this.))

Cassidy snorts. "Not unless you consider the names, faces, and trust of their leadership, and a detailed layout of their temple to be not much," she says.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

((<.< >.> Apparently I did too.))

"There we go. You should have lead with that." Kirk says, a trace of approval in his voice. Just a trace, though. "Make up a list of those names and some of the other details you can put on paper. Then go ahead and give it myself or Dipsnig, whatever you prefer."

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Barbarian in the Playground

Front Door

"Right, I'll get some paper." Cassidy tries to move past Kirk, muttering something or other about 'dirty tech.'

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig takes a deep breath. Just take it slow. There's no need to freak out just because it turns out he has to hand-hold his supposedly deadly assasssins through simple information gathering.
    "I thought it was obvious. I never told you the temple was secret either."
    Bianca eyes Dipsnig. You said something about them having several temples of varying secrecy. That doesn't sound very open door policy to me. Now, please remind me what the name of this society is again. I got distracted by hats.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"You're supposed to investigate the Cult of Dalachrech. They have temples in Riverside, Underside and Inside. Those are open. I'm pretty sure they have others, but those aren't so open. The temple in Inside isn't supposed to keep slaves, but I trust them about as far as I can throw them."

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Room}

One last thing, boss. Do you happen to have a really interesting hat I could borrow? Who knows, hat cult lady may be useful later.