New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

"Thank you, Slii. That knowledge is helpful, if disheartening." The bit about members vanishing for unknown reasons is outright frightening, but she doesn't add that.

"I will let you know when I have finished the assignment. Where am I likely to find you?" Knowing how to contact someone is important after all, she does not want to rely on bumping into him in the main room again.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Room

((Actually, those two were Greg and another new member, who vanished due to player-awayness deadtime. Greg would have been perfect for this job, being NO's resident gun expert. Slii doesn't know what deadtime is, or else he'd have said as much.))

"Slii will know when you return soon enough. I have eyes everywhere. If you have need of Slii, and I have not returned, NO tunnels are where I keep my labs." Labs, kennels, sleeping area, it's all the same to him.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

The mention that Slii has eyes everywhere makes one of Raennall's eyebrows go up quizzically and the other go down into a critical stare. "Very well, I know where to look then." she sums up their conversation, and returns her expression to a neutral one.

Raennall stands up, clearly ready to continue her search for someone that can help her on this mission. "I thank you again, Slii, for your gift."

((Oh, I figured that deadtime was the culprit, but Raennall is not semi-OOC-aware like my character Westlanna is, so Raennall just finds that information disturbing.))
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Room- Bulletin Board

Kuko was absolutely enchanted by the TOASTER. We'd lose him forever if he had access to the internet.

"Then let's go to a library!" the minish cheers. The best part of human society, Books. Where a minish can learn everything a human can. Let the learning adventure begin!
    "Sounds good. I think I know where one is in Inside, so I'll lead, alright?" Regardless of Kuko's answer, Ashley starts to head out of NO and go to Inside.

5. - Top - End - #125

Bulletin Board

Kuko follows with enthusiasm. The mouse sized forest sprite may attempt to hitch a ride by climbing up to her shoulder, but he'll back off at a word. (You post first?)

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Once Ashley and Kuko are gone, Dipsnig turns to Raennall and Slii.
    Oh... Raennall, wasn't it? For the lack of other people available, I decided to go with you on that mission myself.
    ((Also, you might want to assign speech colours to your characters. It makes posts much easier to read.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

Irene arrives at the front door, looking for her soul!
    ... But she can't knock, so she'll probably have to wait on Jamie or Sophie or the onion or the pixie to do it for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Room]

Once Ashley and Kuko are gone, Dipsnig turns to Raennall and Slii.
    Oh... Raennall, wasn't it? For the lack of other people available, I decided to go with you on that mission myself.
    ((Also, you might want to assign speech colours to your characters. It makes posts much easier to read.))
    "Yes, Sir, Raennall." She confirms. "Thank you. I shall go and prepare my things and meet you back here momentarily, if we are going to begin work immediately."

She steps forward, clearly ready to go and gather her weapons in preparation for the mission if he means for them to set forth now.

((I realize the usefulness of speech colors, but they do have several drawbacks, and I am very consistent with my use of quotation marks and character's names to indicate who is speaking.))
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-03-09 at 07:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

{NO Entrance}

Pearl follows Irene and Jamie to the front door of NO, and waits.

Sallianne flies up to the door and is about to knock, but turns to Irene. Why are we coming here?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Alright. In the meantime, I'll call our employer.
    Dipsnig produces his phone and calls Percilla.

((I can't think of any drawbacks to them, but whatever floats your boat.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {NO Entrance}

Sallianne flies up to the door and is about to knock, but turns to Irene. Why are we coming here?
    [Front Door]

"One of my soul pieces is in there." Though now I have to figure out exactly what and where.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #132

Front Door

Thanks to his spyrats (he has a few hiding under the couch, naturally) Slii notices the people at the door, and after making sure none of his recent projects will explode violently all over the tunnels he'll head back to the main room and see who has come a knocking (figuratively.)

Oh look, a ghost. Feeble manthings clinging to life after they've been rightfully put away.

And another small-thing, like mistress Roxie. Last but not least, a puny breeder, hardly fit to stand before him.

Slii, putting aside his rather hefty prejudices for the time being, puts on his best crooked smile, yellow teeth gleaming dully between thin grey lips.

"How can clan NO be of assisstance young-things?"
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

[Elsewhere]

Somewhere else entirely, Percilia's phone begins to ring irritatingly! Her ringtone is insufferably bland, nothing greater than a simple high-pitched "bring-bring" chime.

If only to make it stop ringing, Percilia answers it!

"Hello? This is Alexa speaking. What can I help you with?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-03-10 at 01:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

[Elsewhere]

Dipsnig gets straight to the point.
    This is Razortooth speaking. I found a member to deal with your contract and I'll be going as well. Where do we meet up with you?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

[Elsewhere]

"Good. Good."

Percilia hurriedly responds.

"Meet me on the corner of 9th and Green Street. I'll be inside the warehouse located there. Use the "Employees Only" entrance access code 54104. I'm eagerly awaiting your arrival."

*Click.*

Oh. Sounds like she hung-up already. And what is up with Percilia and warehouses? The world may never know.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

[Elsewhere]

Dipsnig puts his phone back into one of his many pockets and waits for Raennall to come back.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Main Room]

Lady Raennall returns to the main room, her appearance greatly changed. Her scruffy brown hair is braided down her back to keep it out of her way. This reveals her broad shoulders which are now clad in a grey jacket, in preparation for an urban battle environment. Grey pants and sturdy boots complete the ensemble. Her sword is now clearly visible at her side and she is carrying a longbow. The quiver at her back sports a large and varied selection of arrows.
    Light dully reflects off of black metal at her wrists and shins where a touch of light armor can be found and a trained eye would spot at least one dagger tucked away on her person.

"Thein brought my horse around front, should we have far to travel." she states simply, then she pauses for Dipsnig to lead the way.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Irene arrives at the front door, looking for her soul!
    ... But she can't knock, so she'll probably have to wait on Jamie or Sophie or the onion or the pixie to do it for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "One of my soul pieces is in there." Though now I have to figure out exactly what and where.
    Well, shouldn't we knock? Sallianne suggests, and is about to do so, when the door opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Thanks to his spyrats (he has a few hiding under the couch, naturally) Slii notices the people at the door, and after making sure none of his recent projects will explode violently all over the tunnels he'll head back to the main room and see who has come a knocking (figuratively.)

Oh look, a ghost. Feeble manthings clinging to life after they've been rightfully put away.

And another small-thing, like mistress Roxie. Last but not least, a puny breeder, hardly fit to stand before him.

Slii, putting aside his rather hefty prejudices for the time being, puts on his best crooked smile, yellow teeth gleaming dully between thin grey lips.

"How can clan NO be of assisstance young-things?"
    Sallianne pulls her knocking hand away. Um, have you seen any souls wandering about?

Pearl hides behind Mikani/Jamie.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Mikani takes half a step back, frowning...but takes a deep breath, the Magical Girl determined not to show any weakness!

She reaches back, giving Pearl's hand a squeeze.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    [Main Room]

Lady Raennall returns to the main room, her appearance greatly changed. Her scruffy brown hair is braided down her back to keep it out of her way. This reveals her broad shoulders which are now clad in a grey jacket, in preparation for an urban battle environment. Grey pants and sturdy boots complete the ensemble. Her sword is now clearly visible at her side and she is carrying a longbow. The quiver at her back sports a large and varied selection of arrows.
    Light dully reflects off of black metal at her wrists and shins where a touch of light armor can be found and a trained eye would spot at least one dagger tucked away on her person.

"Thein brought my horse around front, should we have far to travel." she states simply, then she pauses for Dipsnig to lead the way.
    It's in the city, so not that far. Normally I'd take one of my wolves, but the work we have to do sounds dirty, so we'd better not take any animals. I'm afraid we need to go on foot, Dipsnig says as he heads for the exit.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

"Yes. We'd like to look around the place for anything unusual and such." Irene says.

Not that I've figured out where her soul is hiding in here yet. Maybe a demon sheep's got it. =x
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #142

Front Door

"Small things can look-search, but Slii will leave eyes on you. Do not go where you are forbid, do not bother members of clan. Tour will end when rules are broken chktchkt!" That seems fair. Slii has to remember to be courteous to potential customers after all, or he'll scare them all off.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

{Entrance}

Sallianne flies up to Slii's face. Who are you calling small? And what area's are forbidden?

Irene will get the feeling the Soul is down the hall to the right.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

Sophie takes a look around. This is the last place I'd expect a soul piece to end up. Did they have to build their base on a mountain slope?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

{Entrance}

"That'll be fine." Irene says, though does wait to hear the answer to the question.

She shrugs at Sophie.
    "No idea really." She didn't interact with NO very much.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-11 at 04:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It's in the city, so not that far. Normally I'd take one of my wolves, but the work we have to do sounds dirty, so we'd better not take any animals. I'm afraid we need to go on foot, Dipsnig says as he heads for the exit.
    "We will go on foot then." she replies and follows him out the door. Thein is waiting a little ways away out in the snow. He is riding his pony in circles and leading the warhorse so it will be warmed up in case Lady Raennall needs to ride fast. She waves to Thein, and makes a swift hand motion toward the beastpens, followed by a second hand-sign. He waves back, yells, "Alright! Be safe!" and flashes the same sign back to her before he rides back toward the pens with the horses.

Then she returns her attention to the mission at hand. "Did our employer give you any additional information?" she inquires as they walk.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

[Entrance]

"What's wrong with it being on a mountain?" Mkani asks Sophie, looking slightly nervous still.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "We will go on foot then." she replies and follows him out the door. Thein is waiting a little ways away out in the snow. He is riding his pony in circles and leading the warhorse so it will be warmed up in case Lady Raennall needs to ride fast. She waves to Thein, and makes a swift hand motion toward the beastpens, followed by a second hand-sign. He waves back, yells, "Alright! Be safe!" and flashes the same sign back to her before he rides back toward the pens with the horses.

Then she returns her attention to the mission at hand. "Did our employer give you any additional information?" she inquires as they walk.
    Well, apparently, what we'll see there is not for the faint of heart... some gruesome stuff according to our employer, Dipsnig says as he leads the way to Inside.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Entrance]

"What's wrong with it being on a mountain?" Mkani asks Sophie, looking slightly nervous still.
    It's just so damn cold up here, Sophie complains. Having grown up in Champagne, she's not used to this climate.
    Meanwhile, the group is peered at from a distance by a several weeks' old wolf cub.

29. - Top - End - #149

Front Door

Slii chitters, "Nothing is wrong with mountains, chktchkt. Is high, defensible place where you can see enemies and customers approaching before they arrive. Now run-scurry, find soulbit and leave, or discuss payment for a NO member to aid your search." Rather abrupt, but Slii is impatient, and has important work that this is pulling him away from.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

"It is? I hadn't really noticed."
    Which, considering the Magical Princess outfit, indicates clearly there is magic at work!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew