Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default [BitP:R] Soul Society 4

(Previous thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [At the Training Field... OF DOOM!]

"Well, Masaru-taichou, anytime you're willing to speak, I'm willing to listen." Kazuma noted idly as the field cleared. "Soutaichou, mind if I smoke?"
    Masaru gave on last look around, with all his senses, before he sighed and started to pace around a bit, clearly formulating his thoughts.

"I'm going to give you the short version; later, you'll be able to read the "long version" for yourself."

He stopped and turned to look at the Seated Officer of the 11th, putting away his reading glasses, which only made his serious gaze more intense.

"Over two thousand years ago, some of the most finely skilled swordsmen in Soul Society were brought together under the vision of a single man. The only name we know of is 'Master Nakata'. He brought more and more students into the fold, and it grew from a sort of unofficial swordsman's club to a genuine martial order. Perhaps the most radical part was that spiritual power was not a prerequisite; only skill was. That attitude was one of the defining principles of the order throughout its history.

I'll skip the intervening years, except to note that in that time, the order developed six major styles, or "forms", of combat with the sword. Each had a different specialty; defense, offense, mobility, and so forth.
    "

Here the Captain of the 8th Division gave a small, confident smile.

"I count myself an expert in three forms, and at least passably skilled in the others. Commander Ryouichi is actually more skilled than myself in one of the forms, and has experience in a couple of others."

His smile faded as he continued.

"The school grew, and soon it solidified its beliefs in supporting Soul Society, defending the weak, seeking enlightenment, and bettering one's body, mind, and spirit.

About a thousand years ago, one of the students of the school, the Dai-jieikai as they came to be known, came to them hiding a desire for power, instead of knowledge. Nakajima Saiji hid his nature for a time, but was eventually cast out.

He did not die, however. Instead, he founded the Suzume Shigumi in the shadows, hiding in the outer reaches of the Rukongi. He drew the most terrible sorts to his secret school, broken up as it was among small cells. They spread across a fair bit of the outer districts, though their numbers were never huge. Worse, not only did they train their bodies and deceive their neighbors, they took on their founder's terrible goal of eliminating the Dai-jieikai. So they plotted for centuries. They planted spies and agents everywhere in Soul Society, even in the Gotei. They never quite succeeded in again infiltrating the Dai-jieikai, but that was their only true failure.

Finally, it all came to a head in a series of plots the Suzume Shigumi cooked up. They slowly rallied support from many noble families, Shinigami Officers, and even regular citizens of the Rukongi. They sought to discredit the Dai-jieikai so horribly, they would be wiped out.

They miscalculated, and the Suzume Shigumi were suddenly hunted down. 2nd Division and the Onmitsukidō found and interrogated their spies and rabble-rousers. The unrest they'd been spreading in the Rukon was already started, though. That was all Central needed to take action against them.

Unfortunately, even in death, even as 2nd Division struck down the Shigumi, they struck out at the Dai-jieikai. False evidence was planted that played into a couple centuries of rumors, "evidence", and unrest they had planted.
    "

Masaru closed his eyes, an expression of pain across his face.

"The Dai-jieikai were sentenced to destruction for disloyalty to Soul Society, inciting unrest, and amassing power that ran counter to the peace of Soul Society. Lies, all of it, but Central was in a panic, and almost all of them bought it. So it was that about 100 years ago, the Dai-jieikai were set upon in the middle of the night by 2nd Division teams. Teams led by the Vice-Captain of the 2nd Division, Fujiwara Akira wnet to the compound of the Great Word of Eternity. Many students died in their sleep. Others fought back, but surprise, and the presence of Akira, a fellow student, meant that only the Seven Masters and the Grandmaster himself put up a decent fight. 8th Seat of the 2nd Division, Hasegawa Seiji, was the Master of the Path of Raiju, the seventh form, and he had not known of the purge. He was told by his Captain to gather all the manuscripts of the Dai-jieikai, burn any copies, and bring them to Soul Society's library. It is unknown what exactly he did; officially, all that was received were simple manuscripts that couldn't teach more than the basics. Master Seiji waited until the purge was done to come before the 2nd Division teams and take his own life in the half-ruined school compound, decrying the slaughter of innocent men and women, all for fear of compromised power.

Afterwards, myself, Akira, and Ryouichi were excused from guilt, as our high positions in the Gotei showed our loyalty. You know where we all went, career-wise, from there.

I have carried this sadness within my heart for a century. Sadness, and a betrayal at the hands of a trusted comrade, a sword-sister, someone I trusted and-
    "

He suddenly stopped, closing his mouth.

"Forgive me. The point is, today I wish to begin instructing you in one or more of these forms. The legacy of the Dai-jieikai lives on in its remaining students, but I feel it is time to let that legacy grow a little.

Do you have any questions, Kazuma-san?
    "

He gazed at Kazuma, and the full weight of his four-plus centuries of life showed through his eyes.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-10-23 at 07:04 AM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

"I must say I'm rather... shocked to hear of this. As a Shinigami, I'm a fledgling in years, so it does not surprise me that I hadn't heard of this up until now." Kazuma noted, a good measure of surprise in his words. Though he still had his shades on, his expression betrayed the rather powerful emotions his friend had just shared.

"I'll admit it's quite a bit to take in. But as a swordsman, I find it would be a shame, to say the least, that these teachings were not passed on to a new generation - and it honors me you'd find me worthy of being taught, Masaru-taichou.

To be frank, a part of me still desires to hear Fujiwara-taichou's side of the story, if nothing else out of curiosity. I can't begin to fathom the kind of pain and sadness there must be between the two of you. That said... your insights and advice have been more than helpful in making me grow as a man and a Shinigami, and as such, you have my trust. I cannot in good conscience deny your offer.

One question comes to mind. I understand that sword wisdom typically dictates one must not follow two masters, but... Fujiwara-taichou extended the same offer to me. I am unsure, at this time, how to respond."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Before it seemingly dissolved in place of the next 'batch' of members, the same Central 46 who ordered the deaths made sure as much knowledge as possible was suppressed.

You've shown growth as both a person and a swordsman, Kazuma-san. YOu strike me as a most excellent candidate.

As for hearing Akira's story, that is...No, that is good of you. I am admittedly biased. It would do you good to hear her side.
    "

'Why does it still pain me? Is it because her reappearance in my life is so fresh? Is that why it feels like a dozen old wounds are open anew? Why is there still...No. Not the time.'

Masaru shakes his head and continues.

"I...cannot fully tell you. I will say that...well, Akira is skilled in two of the style for which I possess a more basic level of skill. If you decide to pursue them, she would undoubtedly be the best teacher for you. And ultimately, the choice of teacher is yours.

That said, strictly speaking, the way of the Dai-jieikai did not insist on a strict one-to-one ratio. Consider that I know six styles. That required six teachers. The Dai-jieikai believed...No, they believe that growing your skills and bettering yourself is more important that some strict tradition of one and only one master. Cross training isn't just allowed, it's practically encouraged.

So it may not be a case of taking only one or the other of us as a teacher.
    "

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

"Like I said, Masaru-taichou, I cannot begin to imagine the depth of your pain. All I know is that it lies where it does. It is, at the very least, the polite thing to do to ask your stance on the subject." Kazuma replied. Besides, the thought of either school of thought vanishing completely is harsh in and of itself. There is no such thing as useless or inherently evil knowledge. It may be presumptuous of me, but I'd like to capture the best of each side. The officer thought to himself. And who knows? Perhaps in sharing a student, the bonds between these two may yet be repaired.

"But it's a little surprising to me still to learn that the two of you belonged to the same school of swordsmanship. I've never seen the soutaichou fight, but I've heard it was a single-sword style rather than a two-sword style. I suppose there is a greater depth to a man than words can accurately describe."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Most Dai-jieijai did not fight with two blades. I've always been a bit...counter-cultural, I suppose. Part of the reason I have such a broad skill base is because I wanted to maximize the ability I had with my swords. I honed myself to the point where I could use one sword in the offensive style and the other defensively. I'm a strategist, after all; we strategists like to have our options open."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm told such is a common strategy as far as wielding two weapons at once goes, though that makes it no less impressive." Kazuma nodded. "Because of the way my Zanpakutou works, I've had to familiarize myself with many different types of weapons and methods. Using two separate weapons is most difficult due to the balance you must keep between them. But then again, that observation certainly is preaching to the choir."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I'm told such is a common strategy as far as wielding two weapons at once goes, though that makes it no less impressive." Kazuma nodded. "Because of the way my Zanpakutou works, I've had to familiarize myself with many different types of weapons and methods. Using two separate weapons is most difficult due to the balance you must keep between them. But then again, that observation certainly is preaching to the choir."
    Masaru chuckles and nods.

"Indeed. And your Shikai's form does present a unique challenge. That said, I believe you can adapt much of what you lean with the sword to the use of other weaponry. You've done some of that already, I'd wager."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

[4th Division Hospital]

"Ah, I'm beat!"

A loud complaint echoes through the hospital lobby, before a large, pink-haired girl stumbles across and collapses against the reception corner, dropping a ramshackle excuse of a backpack on the floor (really, it looks more like a bunch of stuff hurriedly gathered into a ball and then wrapped together with old shoelaces). Her robes are torn, her face is bright red from extertion, and there are several bruises and scratches visible on her arms.

Before anyone manages to ask her what happened to her, it appears she's fast asleep. Her left hand is clutching the handle of a weird, squirming Nodachi - its sheath is nowhere to be seen. How she manages to hold to it in such an awkward position is anyone's guess.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Masaru chuckles and nods.

"Indeed. And your Shikai's form does present a unique challenge. That said, I believe you can adapt much of what you lean with the sword to the use of other weaponry. You've done some of that already, I'd wager."
    "Indeed, the principles often remain the same whether a given pole weapon is a halberd or a lance. Adapting the techniques is simple, really - it's adapting the strategies that becomes a challenge. The body has a hard time remembering which habits to keep with which weapons."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Orimoto was quiet for a minute as she looked down. "Well...it-it...it could" She paused taking a deep breath. If she spoke quickly she could list all the details, get it done with, and then think about something else. Speaking quickly to the point of being barely able to be understood Orimoto rattled off the details,
    "This hollow had some kinda weird mental power. It could get in our heads and make us see things that weren't there. It could dig up our worst nightmares and make them real. Or at least they seemed real. One of the lower seats, John, said it was an illusion and went to ignore it. Then he dropped dead. I don't know what he saw we could only see our own but it killed him. We realized we had to avoid the illusions...no idea why since they were fake. So we tried to fight it, but I guess people were seeing nightmares over each other. People started fighting each other and it was bad. Eventually we realized what was happening and tried to retreat but it did something and suddenly it was like the world was some nightmare realm. I'm guessing he made us imagine a whole world or something I don't know all I know is it was terrifying. I could hear most the others dying little by little and I thought I was going to die too when Lance, the seat right below me somehow appeared. He had some kinda light Shikai, I didn't even realize he had shikai...anyways, he was able to somehow end the nightmare thing and when it ended we saw everyone else dead and the hollow standing over them. It was almost as terrifying looking as the nightmares it was showing...Lance and I quickly fled, but it was catching up and Lance tricked me into going on, he said to split up and meet back up later, but when he never showed up I went looking for him."

Finally Orimoto paused to take a breath and started to stammer again. "The idiot went back...I found his body with the rest..." She said quietly. "I guess he thought holding it back was better than splitting up..." She started to lose her breath and was having a hard time breathing from being upset. "H-h-...my--my fault--" She said between gasp as she tried to calm down.
    Akira moves away from her chair in a blink to wrap Orimoto around her arms, letting the silly girl have a good cry as her hands smooth over her head in steady and soothing strokes.

"It is always the hardest to watch your friends die, the idea that somehow it is always the survivor's fault grows like deep roots around the heart. This takes time to heal, but you need to understand that they choose their actions because they think it is for the best. We Shinigami are trained to act and think as warriors, and sacrifice is a concept that we learn quickly but hardly had the opportunity to really realize what it entails. Lance-san realized what it meant to live and die like a Shinigami and he choose his actions. You are no lesser for surviving a harsh ordeal. Do not blame yourself for the choices others have made on their own. Live with their choice and trust in you."

Akira could have said more, as her own memories begin to cloud her vision as well, with the sting of emerging tears. Closing her eyes, she continues to embrace Orimoto and stroke her head, as if the very action will sooth her as well.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

After walking around Soul Society for a while he had come to a conclusion. THE SOUL SOCIETY WAS ****ING BORING! Now he remembered why he would train the entire day away, trashing his body sometimes. There was nothing better to do. After coming to this conclusion and arguing with Tachi-chan about his new training regime, which included 2-3 hours of rest for each training session, Jiro is still trying to figure out what to do. Jeez, you would think that as big as this place is there would be something to do here. The bars aren't open at the moment so what can I do? *snaps fingers* I know, I'll go see Doc Akira. She might be willing to talk to me since this will be the first time I come to the 4th division without injuries." With a plan in mind Jiro heads towards the 4th division barracks. He heads into the hospital's lobby area. He is about to try and schedule a meeting with the Doc when he spots a pink haired girl passed out in the lobby. Jiro while an annoying person at times was also a very kind one when not talking smack or in battle. Feeling the need to check up on this girl he goes over to her and starts shaking her slightly. "Hey wake up. If you have an appointment you need to wake up so you can get treated." The wounds on her don't look to bad in his eyes, though he was a little biased due to what he put himself through on a daily basis. At least before Tachi-chan started taking over his training.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not now, Shin-chan. Sleeping", the girl mumbles, carelessly waving her sword in her sleep. It's unlikely she'd cut anything even if it hit something, but she might knock over a vase or two... luckily, none are present.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

"Well at least she's not comatose." As Jiro is about to walk away Tachi-chan speaks up in his mind, "Hold it right there Jiro! That girl could have a concussion or something, you have to wake her up. Do it or no evening training session for you." Jiro slaps his palm to his face and slowly drags it down as his spirits blackmailing. With a sigh he turns back around and starts shaking the girl harder as he speaks up a little louder, "Oi! Pinky-chan, wake up will ya? You can't just sleep in the 4th division hospital."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-22 at 08:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Jiro's rough movements only serve to make the girl collapse to the ground. She curls up into a ball, letting out a slight yawning sound, and pulling the sword against her side. Hopefully she won't cut herself. "Don't be silly, it's not even morning yet..."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

He looks at her and sighs as the carefully lifts from the ground and holds her in his arms bridal style. Making sure that she is secure and that the sword she is holding won't cause her anymore harm he turns towards the hallway. He walks down the hospital hallways with the girl in his arms as he starts calling out. "Hellooooo! Is anyone here! Doc Akira, anybody? I've got and injured person here in need of treatment. It sure would be nice if I could get some for her!"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A medical orderly rushes to the scene quickly at the commotion. "Captain Akira is seeing a patient right now, we'll take care of her." He motions for other orderlies to wheel in a bed quickly and place the girl on it.

The bustling scene at the medical center is pretty much proof that there is a lot going on at the moment.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto almost stumbled backwards seeing the Captain move towards her but she was embraced before she could move. However, upon realizing it was simply a comforting hug she let the tension leave her muscles and let out the tears as the Captain spoke. She knew all these things, but somehow it helped hearing a Captain say them as opposed to herself.

Each time she had said the same words to herself she tried to put it off as just justification and trying to remove blame, but hearing another person say it helped. It didn't make everything better, but it was comforting just the same.

In addition finally telling the story and letting it all spill out to somebody else had also helped. Sure, she had filled out a report of the mission when she had gotten back, but it wasn't the same as discussing it from an emotional standpoint.

A part of her felt silly sitting here crying, but the rest didn't care and she stayed there for a moment as the Captain spoke. "Thank you..." She mumbled softly unsure what exactly to say.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto almost stumbled backwards seeing the Captain move towards her but she was embraced before she could move. However, upon realizing it was simply a comforting hug she let the tension leave her muscles and let out the tears as the Captain spoke. She knew all these things, but somehow it helped hearing a Captain say them as opposed to herself.

Each time she had said the same words to herself she tried to put it off as just justification and trying to remove blame, but hearing another person say it helped. It didn't make everything better, but it was comforting just the same.

In addition finally telling the story and letting it all spill out to somebody else had also helped. Sure, she had filled out a report of the mission when she had gotten back, but it wasn't the same as discussing it from an emotional standpoint.

A part of her felt silly sitting here crying, but the rest didn't care and she stayed there for a moment as the Captain spoke. "Thank you..." She mumbled softly unsure what exactly to say.
    Letting Orimoto sob for a few more moments, Akira gently pulls away. "This is trauma that is affecting your sleep. You close your eyes and the same nightmare replays over and over again. But running away from it will not solve things. You need to accept the honor and bravery of those you lost, not look down on their choices and berate yourself for not doing better. You did what you think was best, as are they, let not their lives be spend giving you a lifetime of misery, live as they had wanted you to, and let the nightmares trouble you no more."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi stays silent as Masaru recounts the dark history, allowing the two to converse until prompted. He does keep a rather tight grip on the hilt of Jisei as the history of the Dai-jieikai is told.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-10-22 at 11:35 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Nao

"Yes. I'm looking into the recent attack by Kujo and his operatives in greater detail. I don't quite trust the 'facts' as they are shown right now. I thought you could help me with that, officer Karashi." A smile crosses Nao's mouth as he lowers the hood from his face. It seems that in his office, he feels more comfortable, and also that there aren't any snooping second divisioners.
    "I can tell you that I'm certain there's an informant in Soul Society. Kujo has someone helping him." Karashi smiles slyly at Nao from his seat.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto lets on a sniffle as she nods, "I'll...I'll try." She says quietly. "I'm...I'm sorry about the uhhh lying thing..." She mumbled as she glanced down at the ground to avoid eye contact.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto lets on a sniffle as she nods, "I'll...I'll try." She says quietly. "I'm...I'm sorry about the uhhh lying thing..." She mumbled as she glanced down at the ground to avoid eye contact.
    "Its not exactly a lie when I am certain more people other than yourself are facing the same issues as well. The problem is, with us being warriors, we'd gladly seek medical treatment for physical injuries because we trust the fact that we must keep ourselves in peak physical form, but mental and emotional issues are seen as weaknesses and people desperately try to hide it from others. I hope to change that."

Akira pats Orimoto on the shoulder as she gently wipes the rest of Orimoto's tears away with her handkerchief. "Its high time you stop feeling sorry for yourself and sully the courage that others have to keep you alive, and when you get over it, the nightmares will stop as well."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 4

Orimoto nods, "I'll try...I doubt I can simply just stop and turn it all around, but I'll try and remember that." She takes a deep breath then looks around the room. "Thanks again." She says softly.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Training Grounds

Alysha listens to Hachirou and Koujin's suggestions. She'll try to mock what Koujin is showing, and seems to get it after a few tries.

She nods to his question. Oh, yeah! Thanks!

I think I know why I go defensive. At least, part of the reason, anyways. It's because my Shikai is based on defense.

And...maybe I should do a practice round with an actual opponent...I guess.
    Shikai? ...interesting...hehehe...

"You've gained access to your Shikai? If it is defensive in nature, then that explains quite a lot."
    Koujin frowns for a moment and taps his chin with a finger. "Would you mind showing me, er...us your release? I might be able to help you work with it more effectively in that form too."

Yeah right. It is possible...though ______ is right Koujin, if her zanpakoutou is defensive in nature, you probably won't be able to help much. Not to say don't try, just remember that.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto nods, "I'll try...I doubt I can simply just stop and turn it all around, but I'll try and remember that." She takes a deep breath then looks around the room. "Thanks again." She says softly.
    "No silly girl, you cannot just stop and turn it all around. Time is needed to recover, and time is something you have to give yourself. But you have taken the first step in accepting yourself not as a guilty party but as someone who like everyone else, faces a situation as best as you can manage and wonderful comrades who had proven willing to trade their lives so that you can live to your fullest potential."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh...so if I just wait out the nightmares they will eventually stop?" She asked with a slight frown. "I got to keep suffering through them in the meantime?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    Shikai? ...interesting...hehehe...

"You've gained access to your Shikai? If it is defensive in nature, then that explains quite a lot."
    Koujin frowns for a moment and taps his chin with a finger. "Would you mind showing me, er...us your release? I might be able to help you work with it more effectively in that form too."

Yeah right. It is possible...though ______ is right Koujin, if her zanpakoutou is defensive in nature, you probably won't be able to help much. Not to say don't try, just remember that.
    Alysha nods. Yeah, sure.

She holds her zanpakuto out in front of her with her right hand, blade pointed up.

Stand and defend, Tetsu no Ishi!

The blade glows and shrinks, and after a moment, Alysha is holding a buckler with a simple, three circle design on it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ugh...

Myojin sits up in his bed in the hospital, and stretches.

I think I might finally be fully healed. I should probably leave that to my captain and the doctors to decide, however. I'll just busy myself until they get here.

Myojin reaches under his bed, pull out his zanpakuto, and starts cleaning it.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

[HECATE]

HECATE trots obediently after Yoshi for a while, quiet.

"Yoshi-san, where are we reconvening? My sensors do not indicate that the twelfth is nearby."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Indeed, the principles often remain the same whether a given pole weapon is a halberd or a lance. Adapting the techniques is simple, really - it's adapting the strategies that becomes a challenge. The body has a hard time remembering which habits to keep with which weapons."
    Masaru nods.

"Your existing training seems to be adapting you well. I'm not sure anything other than lots of practice can help in your situation. I'm not sure if there's anyone who can teach you how to wield them all. I can only say I can lay the foundation for the tower of skill you'll need to build."

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ryouichi stays silent as Masaru recounts the dark history, allowing the two to converse until prompted. He does keep a rather tight grip on the hilt of Jisei as the history of the Dai-jieikai is told.
    Masaru himself had been visibly tense the whole time, though he was slowly starting to relax by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [HECATE]

HECATE trots obediently after Yoshi for a while, quiet.

"Yoshi-san, where are we reconvening? My sensors do not indicate that the twelfth is nearby."
    Yoshi stops and looks around. HECATE is correct; they've somehow swung all the way around to near 10th Division.

"What the...no, never mind. That was merely a mistake, HECATE. Thank you for pointing it out. My goal is 12th HQ. Come, we'll double back."

With that, he turns and heads back in the right direction. It's obvious he's still a bit pensive, about something.