New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

[Blue Zone - Library]

Ashley didn't actually run, just walked a little faster. I probably should've specified that.

Anyway, she'll enter the library, which is fairly more spacious than the exterior would've implied. "So," she muttered to Kuko, "where do you think we should start?"

2. - Top - End - #422

Blue Zone - Library

"Depends," Kuko whispers back, "What does Savorla start with in your alphabet? Also, what's mythology in this library's organizational system?" Those are your two basic ways to find anything in a library.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #423

[Blue Zone - Library]

"Well, it sounds like an S, and the mythology section is over there..." Ashley walks over to the appropriate section, this time ensuring that Kuko is stable and doesn't fall.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Middleton Apartments

"Oh... I'm sorry, what destroyed it? Where do you live now?" She asks curiously.
    Middleton Apartments

"A massive Doom Meteor hit the place without any warning."
    She tells Cessie. "As for where we live..." She starts before going into detail about a small mansion they live in. On the same spot Cessie lives now actually.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

"Of course I know what he's doing. He's-" Lightning! o.o Beca tries to not look as surprised as she is to see him use Thunder. Whoa. "You got this, Glamdring!"

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Park - Harnel

"I just changed all the magic bits to reflect the new, blue, you! Now you're someone who is less him, and more yourself! AND you can spit lightning! Probably."

He probably notices the horn on his nose, his raggedy ears, his more platelike tail, or other changes to Bluedragondom.
    Park - Harnel

"Agggghhh!" Harnel's one and only plan for catching Cessie's heart! Ruined by uniqueness!

He goes to grab the Grig on his head and fling her away.
    "Just... leave me alone!" Harnel says, wishing he hadn't given it a second chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Bast's Animal Shelter

Shraaaah knows that feeling. He felt it every time a nob looked his way with a hungry glint in its eye.

He hates it.

Dropping the fire launcher as a lost cause, Shraaaah moves to grab something from his pocket, and is conked over the head by a heavy book! He stumbles, dazed, as the firecracker he was going to pull out of his pocket drops to the ground, unlit.

((Edit: Missed Arel throwing the book. Carry on.))
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

Don't pour water on the heater! Rein likes that thing dry! D=

And then water on the bed. Some of it splashes onto Rein and helps wake him up a bit. He lifts his head and looks around.

Just arriving at the front door to the shelter is Mecha-Rein and Mega-Kate!
    "In here!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

After throwing the book, Arel moves quickly toward Reinholdt. She doesn't even question the water appearing so focused is she on reaching him. She drops down on her knees beside him. "Reinholt, we have to get out of here." no time for talking about it. She tries to scoop him up in her arms and start working her way toward the exit. Pavna can handle herself hopefully.

((I'm making the assumption that Pavna and Rein aren't all tangled up anymore because that's the impression I'm getting from earlier posts.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

I'm not sure about that "mega," but Kate is here. She doesn't know what's going on. She'll just follow the mecha cat.

Oh my, so many things happening at once here.

Pavna falls off of Reinholdt at some point when Arel grabs him, making a angry little screechy noise, but doesn't press the matter.
    Instead, it just sticks close to her legs.

Bobbie pays attention to none of this. She is aware that Reinholdt is leaving the room (as needed for his safety!), and she is also aware that the goblin is not dead.
    But this will be fixed very shortly.

The woman drifts towards Shraaaah with a calm serenity, a small somewhat vacant smile on her face.
    If not for the tension in the saw-hand, she could be meditating on her feet.

But then, people that are meditating don't generally dart at goblins and try to run hacksaws through their throats, do they?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #428

Bast's Animal Shelter

"Shyaahaha-glkt!" a wanton slash, a spurt of blood, and so ends a nasty, twitchy goblin's life. What an absolute waste.

But the effects of his actions have cast ramifications into the future, as the hovering buckets attempt to pour water over the burning bed. The moonshine sludge that Shraaaah used reacts violently to the cool liquid being poured over it, leaping from the bed in molten clumps and showers of sparks to roll across the floor, acting like beads of burning mercury rather than sticking as they once did. Still, the water does put out most of the burning linen, leaving only the softball sized clump of liquid fire to spread along the floor in tiny droplets, most likely slowly burning themselves out.

So a partial success on the part of the buckets, although they'll have to act quickly to prevent any little fires from cropping up.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Bast's Animal Shelter

And so Reinholdt is scooped up by Arel and whisked away! He's still a bit out of it, but I think he smiles up at Arel as much as any cat can.

Right when Mecha-Rein and Mega-Kate pop in.
    "Is everyone ok?!" Reinholdt asks, looking around for survivors. Being mechanical does mean the anasthesia and smoke doesn't bother him. There's Arel with himself and three stubborn kitties and Bobbie...

"Grab the kitties." Mecha-Rein tells Mega-Kate before bounding over to Bobbie. Well as far as he can get before being stopped by liquid fire. "Come on Bobbie! We have to get out of here!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Blue Zone - Library]

"Well, it sounds like an S, and the mythology section is over there..." Ashley walks over to the appropriate section, this time ensuring that Kuko is stable and doesn't fall.
    Savorla can be found in the mythology section reasonably easily, and is indeed under S. Most of the information about her can be found here.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

More people showing up? It doesn't matter, she needs to get out of here right now. She runs straight out of the door and a little ways away from the shelter before sitting down on the ground.

"Rein? Rein, are you okay?" She asks frantically, holding him out a little bit from herself.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Neeeeverrrr betterrr!" Reinholdt says in a way that indicates he probably doesn't mean what he says, even if that's how he feels.

In other words, he's just plain loopy right now.

But also breathing.
    He has some icky goop on him though. Don't light a cigar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #433
    Orc in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

Ouch! Horsea tries to dodge the lightning bolt with its speed, but unfortunately Thunder is much more accurate than normal in rain. The electric attack hits the little blue water type directly, inflicting massive damage.

Glamdring's attack knocks out Horsea immediately. The sea horse falls over and Winston brings it back into its Poké Ball. The boy doesn't say a word, though his expression shows his frustration. He immediately pulls out a Great Ball and releases the Pokémon within.

"Bind! Quickly!"

The stout red creature lets out a deep bellow and launches itself at Glamdring as soon as the white light summoning it disperses. It is covered in red fur with yellow streaks, though its head and legs are bare, and strange steel tubing come out of its underbelly and back and lead to a muffler-like tail. It has a head like an anteater's and its nasty front claws have raised bands at their wrists.

Heatmor tries to tackle Glamdring to the ground and Bind the Jolteon by wrapping its claws around him and pinning him. The fire anteater's Grip Claw will let it hold on for as long as it can if the attack succeeds! Winston evidently hopes that the trapping move will keep the strange Pokémon from evolving once more to gain an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #434
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meanwhile Astrana and Cynthia comes wandering towards the shelter after their encounter with the grigs. She's now carrying a few orbs she don't really know what to do with. She obviously need a bag of holding soon.

Oh hey, there is smoke coming out of that building!

She looks around and notices Arel and rein sitting on the ground, looks like she got here at a bad time. Or the right time depending on how you saw it. She walks up to them and places the orbs on the ground. "Hey, are you guys alright? What's going on?" Astrana asks.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Arel hugs Rein to her chest. Thank goodness he looks like he'll be fine. Hopefully everyone else will be okay too. She looks up as Astrana speaks up. Quite frankly, she's a mess. She's drenched from head to toe, dressed in only the thin shift she was sleeping in, and she has to try and stop herself from crying.

"Astrana? I- I don't know. We were sleeping and then someone was in the room and attacked us." She certainly hasn't calmed down yet. She talks at a mile a minute and she feels like her heart could pound right out of her chest.

Meanwhile, Cynthia looks at Arel and Rein, and then the shelter curiously. She'll stay quiet for now and just watch the shelter and the signs of movement within.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

"Heeeeey there. Everything was on fiiiire and fortunately everyone's okish I think and... ohhh..."
    Reinholdt is distracted by shiny things. Very... shiny things...
    @.@
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #437

Astrana kneels down before Arel and Rein and looks over them quickly to see if they have any wounds. "Is the attacker still inside? If so you should probably get out of here as quickly as possible." She had to react to talking cats later.

"Do you think you could move? Are you in pain?" She asks wile slowly picking up pain devoured from her bag of tricks.

18. - Top - End - #438

[Willow's Lab]

That's a pretty solid idea!

Winston is thinking in the right direction, though binding effects isn't the proper solution. But who can blame him for trying that? Who knows what kind of attack would stop such a strange ability?

The ant-eater grabs Glamdring in his claws! Rawr! There are some crunching noises as he squeezes, but Glamdring isn't down yet!

Sadly holding onto him isn't going to help all that much...

"eeeeeeeeeee..."
    stones begin to form around the Pokemon, quickly spreading over his form until bursting away! "EON!"

Jolteon evolved into Pluteon!

The creature is obviously enough eevee evolution, but quite the new one! Rocky skin like granite, thick stony ears, and a bouldery ring around the neck replacing the fur-poof!

Pluteon's ability Refine reacts to Bind's damage! Pluteon's Defense sharply increases! But his Special Defense fell...

The Rocks ringing his neck begin to spin at a fevered pacing before Throwing themselves right at the ant-eater!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Blue Zone - Library]

Blue Zone - Library

Kuko will hop off of Ashley's shoulder on the book case and begin climbing to the top of the section. "I'll take the high road and you can take the low road." he whispers down to Ashley. He'll, very softly, play a his tune of growth and grow to a size roughly shorter than a halfling, where he'll hang from the edge of the shelf. He'll pick out books that he thinks based on the title will have anything to do with "Void," "Savorla," or "Citrine," and thumb through the table of contents.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think so. I wasn't paying attention, but I know Bobbie is still in there, and someone ran in before I got out. There are probably still cats in there too." She never caught the goblin being dealt with.

Arel seems to be uninjured, though she did take a nasty fall. Probably little more than bruising. "I'm okay. I think Reinholt is okay too." She looks down at him again for any obvious injuries he may not even be aware of himself in his current state.

Wait, did she just call the talking cat Reinholt? Like, her boyfriend Reinholt? Strange.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-03-06 at 06:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bast's Animal Shelter

And so Reinholdt is scooped up by Arel and whisked away! He's still a bit out of it, but I think he smiles up at Arel as much as any cat can.

Right when Mecha-Rein and Mega-Kate pop in.
    "Is everyone ok?!" Reinholdt asks, looking around for survivors. Being mechanical does mean the anasthesia and smoke doesn't bother him. There's Arel with himself and three stubborn kitties and Bobbie...

"Grab the kitties." Mecha-Rein tells Mega-Kate before bounding over to Bobbie. Well as far as he can get before being stopped by liquid fire. "Come on Bobbie! We have to get out of here!"
    Kate looks around...

"There aren't any! They must have all already escaped!"

There is a trio in a place that Kate doesn't know about, but she doesn't know about them.

"I smell gasoline; we're going to need to use foam extinguishers. We should probably get out until the fire department gets here."

Park - Harnel

"Agggghhh!" Harnel's one and only plan for catching Cessie's heart! Ruined by uniqueness!

He goes to grab the Grig on his head and fling her away.
    "Just... leave me alone!" Harnel says, wishing he hadn't given it a second chance.
    "Okayyyyyyyyyy...."

She lands with a rustle in a bush not to far away. That was a better reaction than she could have possibly hoped for! Harnel is now alone.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mmmok." Rein says, still staring at the shiny orbs.

Rein is sticky. But as far as injuries, he just burned his mouth pretty bad. I'd recommend cold water.

[Park]

Harnel turns to stomp away in the other direction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #443
    Orc in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

Winston has pretty much only binding moves to work with, unfortunately. His Pokémon lack in status inflicting moves, at least for the moment.

"That one isn't even a real Pokémon!"

A rock-typed Eeveelution hasn't been discovered yet!

Heatmor cries out in pain as rocks strike its sides, the move being super effective on it, but it tenaciously holds on to Pluteon. The fire type, unlike Shuppet and Horsea, is quite bulky and has relatively good defensive stats since it isn't an unevolved Pokémon like them, not to mention the fact that it has a good level advantage on Glamdring. Still, it does a good chunk of damage.

"Fire Spin! Trap it even more!"

Heatmor takes a deep breath through its muffler-like tail, then spits out a long line of flames from its snout. A vortex is formed by the fire, and it starts spinning around Glamdring. Fire Spin will probably only scorch the Pluteon a little, since it is a weak move to begin with and does little damage to rock types, but it will trap the other Pokémon in the vortex of flames just like Bind traps it, doing periodic damage for a good length of time because of Heatmor's Grip Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #444

Astrana glances briefly at the shelter... yeah, not going to risk her life for cat's or someone named 'Bobbie', what kind of stupid name was that? They probably be alright anyway, the fire seems to have been put out.

She turns back to the two, "Uh, so the cat is your boyfriend eh? Are you okay... sir?" She asks Rein.

25. - Top - End - #445

[Willow's Lab]

Oh noes!

Fire spin!

The flames eat at Glamdring's rocky hide, but suffice to say the attack isn't very effective... The stony skin reacts to the fire, becoming polished and glassy! Plution's Special Defense sharply rose! But his Defense fell...

Reactive defenses?

More cheatery!

Glamdring isn't looking terribly healthy at this point. The continual damage from Bind and Fire Spin is starting to stack up! He'll need to end this quickly! To that end another flurry of Rocks are Thrown at the ant-eater!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Red Zone

Javert is driving Missy away from the Masks ball, and they pass out of the area protected by the Masks. It's obvious to see their influence fade. People who are still out this late have a look about them - either of predator or prey.

Ahead, there are torches seen around a decrepit tenement house, and a crowd is gathering. It looks ugly.

And then there are gunshots heard.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, uh, he isn't usually a cat. Well, except for the ears." Despite everything, Arel is now blushing. She likes Rein's ears. <.<

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm a very good, thanks." Reinholdt says in an Italian accent for no reason.
    >>
    <<
    Before trying to pounce out of Arel's arms and onto one of the shiny balls! Soooo shiny. Like catnip. @.@
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Zone

Normally, Javert would just ignore the gunshots, believing it not to be his worry, but with a member of the local law enforcement at his side, he decides to intervene. His hearing is sharp enough that he knows the direction they came from. He slams on the break to the Hover-car and causes it to spin to a halt. In a single smooth motion, he undoes his seatbelt, opens the door and leaps out to land squarely on his feet before striding towards the source.

Missy will know that he didn't grab a weapon on the way out.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Red Zone

Javert will see a crowd of all humans in dark clothes that seem to be working together to surround the house and throw objects inside through windows, many of which are previously broken. Others are standing around aiming guns at the house. Another gunshot goes off, and there's a cry from an upstairs window. It seems they're shooting anyone who comes into sight.

Missy jumps out as well, mentally toggling her neural net into high alert, and over-riding the warning it pops up. Her wired reflexes kick in, making it possible for her to run in high heels. Unfortunately, they can't do anything to make the ground safe for running in high heels, so she kicks off her shoes and runs barefoot over the broken pavement while calling for backup.

Inside the house, flames start to shoot up.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs