New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Medical Tent

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Hellstomper might be able to grab onto the rapier at his side, but it seems locked into the sheathe somehow. With a sigh, he shifts his grip on her once more and decides that he had to find someone else for her to talk to. She didn't seem to be injured or traumatized, but she didn't even know her name.

"It's okay, Hellstomper, we'll figure out what's happened."
    She struggles with the rapier, growling in frustration when she fails to get it free. Then she's distracted by the firefighters bringing in another badly burnt patient to set on a nearby bed. She sniffs, looks at Jyarl hopefully, then points at the victim. "Eat?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Arel's arm is grabbed and it disturbs her hold on rein as it's pulled awy from her body. He'll soon find himself tumbling to the ground. In the meantime, Arel screams and tries to pull her arm away.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

"AHHHH! Real zombies!"

Reinholdt is highly disturbed by this. One phobia he does share with regular Rein is becoming an undead. Now, it's not as bad as sniper Rein's phobia, but it still terrifies him.

All the same, he sees the whole being dropped thing as an excuse to try to find a tree to hide behind. He stumbles a fair bit though. Still kind of loopy or he would have tried to save Arel.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-11 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

Park

Well, they were trying to get her to leave, so that'll do. The pixies don't even react as one of their number is blasted out of the air.

Back with Arel and the zombie, more foliage can be heard rustling over the moans of the one that maintains an iron grasp on her wrist. More vague shadows in the bushes, passing underneath the hanging vines on their way to attempt to surround Arel.

And then, almost unnoticeable in the dark, a puff of spores is flung at Arel's face, their scent heady and intoxicating. Such a beautiful smell, so lovely.

Oh, and there it is again, farther away, but still close. Some vines moving now, slowly crawling through the trees and spreading that same musky, mind-dulling aroma.

Getting closer by the second.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Mobile Hospital

Jyarl's stomach sickens a bit when he sees what the orc is pointing at, and he grimaces. "No, that's not food. We'll get you some." With that, he radios back to base about what he's about to do, and once he gets clearance(with promises to talk to Alice when he's finish), carries little Bloodstomper down the street, towards a BBQ joint.

As sad as the moment was, he couldn't help but wonder if feeding her something would make her feel better, sleepy, or regain some memories. It was unlikely, but it was a chance, and there was nothing else he could do at the Tenement anyway.

When they enter the place, he heads to a booth and sets her down before looking up at the startled waiter. "Four pounds of whatever's best, two large waters and keep it coming until she's had all she can." He didn't have much of an appetite, but his stomach was empty and the drugs in his system would make him crash if he didn't fix that. Sure, the food would taste like ash to him, but it was needed.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

Mobile Hospital >> BBQ Joint

"Is so!" Hellstomper protests. Jyarl may begin to suspect that her parents, however unfairly they had died, might not have been nice people.

When the food arrives at the BBQ joint, she looks up at Jyarl for permission first. Once he gives a nod, she tears into it with her claws and devours it messily, and with great joy.

After she's eaten way more than her small frame looks like it can support, she lets out a belch, then climbs up on the table and starts investigating what she finds. Like the flatwear. The butter knife looks pretty useless, but that fork...

... She tries to stab Jyarl in the hand with it.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-12 at 12:24 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

BBQ Place

Jyarl eats slowly, and any other time, he'd have enjoyed the food. Unfortunately, he had too much to think about at the moment. At the belch though, he looks up.

Jyarl watches as she tries to stab his hand, and snorts when the fork simply bends against his armor. As soon as it happens though, he flips his hand over to grab hers as he brings his fork down sharply on her wrist. Instead of stabbing, he slaps it hard with the flat. "Never again." He warns.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

BBQ Place

Hellstomper looks briefly alarmed, but then gives another grin, with a touch of craftiness to it. "Neber again." she says, and offers him the ruined fork.

It had been a test. The hooman giving away so much food could mean that he was powerful and able to support his followers, or it could mean that he was easily taken advantage of. His decisive response to her attack earned her respect, so she'd offered him her "weapon". A symbol of fealty.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-12 at 08:10 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Arel tugs as hard as she can, but her struggles are futile. She's not a particularly strong woman, and there's little she can do to stop from being surrounded, or from breathing in the spores. "Let me go!" She screams, tears flowing freely down her face as she struggles.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Reinholdt reaches his tree! He cowers behind it for a bit before realizing something. Peeking his head back out and looking around, he calls out. "Arel?"

Granted, she's right over there. He'll no doubt have to dart back in next go around, scary a prospect as that is.

He would have preferred more goblin pyromaniacs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside Park]

Astrana doesn't stop running until she's outside the park and turns around ready to fire off yet another blast... until she see there are no pixies following her.

Huh.

She breathes out and rests a bit until she realizes there are no signs of Reinholdt or Arel... oh dogbowels!

Now she would look like such an ass-hole if she just abandoned them. But with all the pixies and evil plants there it wasn't much she could do right? She goes to look around the park to see if they came out somewhere else but see no sign of them.

The tiefling sigh, why had she been born with a conscience? It was so... inconvenient. Especially in situations like these. She knew the benefits of a conscience of course, it enabled you to function socially and fit better into society, but right now she wished it had a turn off button.

After a moment of hesitation she finally decides to sneak into the park in an attempt to rescue Rein and Arel. If they were still alive that is...

((This rescue attempt can be assume to take place after the scene in the park is done however as quite some time have passed.))

Middleton Apartments

"Oh. I didn't mean to pry I assure you." The void take her curiosity. Now she wanted to know.

"I'm still devoted to Artaris of course, Harnel haven't changed that. In fact, I'm not sure you have seen him yet but he looks a lot like the angels depicted within the high temple. I saw that as a sign actually." She admits. "Like a angel had been sent down to me." The sorceress pauses a moment. "Perhaps my counterpart saw a similar sign with you? Or... what's the situation?" Yeah... smooth steering of the conversation there Cessie.

Well, at least it was a compliment even if she had a hard time imagining Artaris sending Jezebel her way. She needed to keep an open mind thought or she wouldn't have been talking to Telly at all.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-12 at 05:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #612

Park

Reinholdt is strangely ignored by the zombies, one even shambling within a few feet of him without noticing his presence. He's not what they're there for.

"Do not fear little bird. You have so much potential, so much you'll never achieve on your own. I can show you everything you never knew was possible, if you simply come to me." The voice calls out, sweet and clear like a burst of spring rain. The voice and the smell belong to each other, two notes of the same wonderful song.

They call to Arel now. Go to the voice among the writhing vines. Breathe deep the pleasant odor. Let your worries melt away, and ascend.

The vines are close enough now that Reinholdt and Arel can see another shape hanging between them as they sling from tree to tree, pulling her along sedately. No moon lights her progress, but even in the darkness she's obviously female, both by her haunting voice and visible silhouette.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

[Corner of the 9th and Green Street]

Dipsnig and Raennall arrive there, heading for the warehouse Percilla mentioned.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Arel stops screaming and struggling against the zombie holding her. She stares at the approaching woman, slowly relaxing until it's as if she's completely forgotten the danger she's in. If she's allowed to, she'll start moving toward the vines slowly.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

"Arel no!" Reinholdt shouts, running back towards the scene to pounce on the silhouette! He doesn't like where this is going at all.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-12 at 04:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #616

Park

Before Reinholdt can get within clawing distance, a vine reaches out into the path of his leap, attempting to wrap around him in mid-jump and hold him out of harm's way.

"Not you little kit, you're not fit to chase birds anymore. You'll just have to play somewhere else for now."

The woman behind the terror finally moves into the light, arms open and stance inviting. Her bare skin gleams palely in the moonlight as she sways on the thick, corded vines extending from her back to the trees above.

"Come little bird, and share with me the glories of a higher existence." A soft smile parts her lips and reveals gleaming rows of teeth underneath flinty onyx eyes and shoulder length raven black hair.

The business man releases Arel on some unheard command from his mistress, and another figure looms up behind her, attempting to slip past her. A young teen, short cropped red hair and a freckled face bearing a blank expression much like Arel's It seems the angel wasn't the only one ensnared.

"Another bird to join my flock? It will be a good night indeed. Come then, red-feather. You will be first, since you are so eager." The tomboyish teen will continue stumbling up to the vine-suspended woman, heading for her embrace.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-03-12 at 05:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Arel pauses when Rein shouts, and even turns her head to look at him. This pause is the perfect opportunity for the teen to slip by her. Arel returns her full attention to the vine woman and stands waiting, her expression still void of emotion.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Sojourn]

Quote Originally Posted by “Rebonack”
    [Sojourn]

Those would be big holes.

And big holes are exactly what's made in the enormous jelly!

Big enough to blast smaller jellies off the big jelly!

"WARK!"
    says Wark at one of the small oozes, causing it to burst for no readily apparent reason. It isn't reforming! That must be how you kill this thing!
    So they will have to use teamwork. Wes totally called it!

She opens fire again, blaming more holes in the great wall of blue gunk. All the while she is backpeddaling across the grassy interior of the cargo bay. Every few steps she glances back to make sure she won’t hit anything. The way she is moving it is as if moving backward is second nature to her. If anyone here knew her history they’d say that all that time she spent figureskating as a kid is coming in handy. Figureskaters spend most of their time traveling backward FYI.

“I wonder how many hits this thing needs to take…” she shouts, mostly because the question popped into her mind and she can’t help vocalizing it.

[ Headed to the Warehouse]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Corner of the 9th and Green Street]

Dipsnig and Raennall arrive there, heading for the warehouse Percilla mentioned.
    “I gathered as much from the posting.” The Lady replies to Dipsnig’s information. “If I may, please tell me a little of the usual layout of ‘warehouses’ in this area. I am rather unfamiliar with them. I’d like to formulate a picture of the terrain we will be operating in. I know they are large and used to house goods, but that is all.”
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

[Headed to the Warehouse]

"Large and used to store goods" about sums it up, Dipsnig says. They tend to be simple in layout, made for practicality and nothing more. Not much in terms of furnishings. Of course, since this warehouse is apparently used as a front for something else, we can expect anything.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Park

But Reinholdt can't change direction mid-jump! He's a terrible fighter. Away he goes. He struggles with the vine, clawing at it when he can and trying to squirm free.

Doesn't stop him from shouting though!

"Snap out of it Arel! Run!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #621
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Large and used to store goods" about sums it up, Dipsnig says. They tend to be simple in layout, made for practicality and nothing more. Not much in terms of furnishings. Of course, since this warehouse is apparently used as a front for something else, we can expect anything.
    "So, a large, rectangular enclosed space... I saw a few that were quite tall when I was looking for work earlier. Might we be dealing with two levels? Also, how thick are the walls usually?" Raennall queries.

She continues walking along with Dipsnig toward their destination. She has a long, easy stride designed to eat miles in a day will little fatigue.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig himself walks at that energy-conserving goblin pace that's neither running nor tarrying, with his arms hanging freely beside his body.
    Walls in warehouses tend to be pretty thick. They're built to last. And yes, we might possibly be dealing with two levels. It really depends on what used to be stored there.

23. - Top - End - #623

Park

The vine holding Reinholdt has great gouges clawed into it, but he can see them closing almost as quickly as he rips them open. A vibrant purple orchid is brought up to his nose, and it attempts release a puff of sweet, mind-numbing pollen into his face.

"Rest now, little kit. She will be in a better place soon enough. She will be with me. But first, my eager little redfeather shall receive my boon."

The tomboy has stepped into the woman's embrace, and two pale arms wrap around the teen's neck, the palm of a slim hand presses up against the base of her skull.

Something squirms within the wrist, bulging grotesquely, and there's a jolting thump of something wet and hard puncturing her skull just beneath the hairline. Even in her drugged state, the young maiden can't help but utter a gasp of pain as life returns to her eyes briefly before the vine-born woman releases her, letting her sink to the ground like a stringless marionette.

"It is done. Embrace me, my little bird, and I shall give you the gift of true life."

24. - Top - End - #624
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Dipsnig himself walks at that energy-conserving goblin pace that's neither running nor tarrying, with his arms hanging freely beside his body.
    Walls in warehouses tend to be pretty thick. They're built to last. And yes, we might possibly be dealing with two levels. It really depends on what used to be stored there.
    The woman nods, which makes her brown braid bounce against the dusky grey fabric of her jacket. Then continues striding along in silence. By her expression, she is mentally preparing or analyzing something.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Arel steps toward the woman without hesitation. She reaches toward her, and will embrace her her a moment later if nothing can stop her before that.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Drugged twice in one day. Man, it's a bad day for Rein.
    "Arel... don't..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #627

Park

"My darling little bird. You'll see. I can't wait to watch you take flight." The woman accepts Arel into her warm, comforting arms. The scent is all around her now, thick and cloying, her entire world.

It's time.

An arm comes up behind Arel's head, palm shaking with nervous anticipation. Gently, but firmly, she tries to lay the heel of her hand against the base of Arel's skull, and press it there.

Arel may, through her haze of contentment, feel something writhing there, extending, seeking...

Piercing.

The thin green tendril, bearing a single golden hulled seed, will attempt to make its way up into Arel's skull with surprising speed and force, withdrawing just as quickly and leaving the seed behind, embedded on the edge of her grey matter next to the cerebellum. Roots have already broken past the shell, and within moments they shall begin trying to attach and worm into the fertile meat of her brain.

Once all this is done, assuming nothing interrupts, Arel's captor shall release her, and end the musk production.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-03-12 at 09:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Arel gasps as her skull is pierced. Pain, unbelievable pain like nothing Arel has ever felt before. She doesn't have time to dwell on it, however, as she quickly passes out from the trauma and collapses in a heap at the vine woman's feet.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    BBQ Place

Hellstomper looks briefly alarmed, but then gives another grin, with a touch of craftiness to it. "Neber again." she says, and offers him the ruined fork.

It had been a test. The hooman giving away so much food could mean that he was powerful and able to support his followers, or it could mean that he was easily taken advantage of. His decisive response to her attack earned her respect, so she'd offered him her "weapon". A symbol of fealty.
    BBQ Joint

Jyarl recognizes the significance of the offer and smirks a bit to take the fork. "Good." He tells her with a smile before taking a long drink of the water. "Do you remember anything?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Middleton Apartments

"Oh. I didn't mean to pry I assure you." The void take her curiosity. Now she wanted to know.

"I'm still devoted to Artaris of course, Harnel haven't changed that. In fact, I'm not sure you have seen him yet but he looks a lot like the angels depicted within the high temple. I saw that as a sign actually." She admits. "Like a angel had been sent down to me." The sorceress pauses a moment. "Perhaps my counterpart saw a similar sign with you? Or... what's the situation?" Yeah... smooth steering of the conversation there Cessie.

Well, at least it was a compliment even if she had a hard time imagining Artaris sending Jezebel her way. She needed to keep an open mind thought or she wouldn't have been talking to Telly at all.
    Middleton Apartments

Telly shakes her head after a moment. "No. Not as far as I know anyway. We just sorta grew together after traveling with one another for years. I made the first move, and afterward she nearly left me. Took a long time for us to get to where we are now." She tells Cessie with a slight smile as she looks into her cup of tea, remembering some of the events fondly.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Troll in the Playground

BBQ Joint

Hellstomper gets a look of concentration. "... 'Member hitting and yelling. 'Member how to fight." She puts a hand to her head. "Ow. 'Membering hurts. Kicks inside my head."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs