New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Middleton Apartments

I imagine the reactions will be somewhat similar to this strip with Cessie as Kat considering they both have pretty much the same expression right now.

"...okay. That sounds nice." The sorceress comments politely before deciding to change the subject. "So would you like to visit us in the keep someday? I'm sure Harnel would be interested in seeing you."
    Middleton Apartments

Telly closes her eyes and sighs. "While I appreciate the invitation, I have no wish to make you uncomfortable in your own home as well. Maybe we should meet elsewhere some other time."

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Park]

Well.

Let's see. It's known that the plants apparently take over people's bodies. So someone hanging by vines who still looks normal probably hasn't been taken over yet. Given Rein's story there's a good chance that one of those people the lady with the tail is trying to cut down is Rein's girlfrind.

So...

Time to go help?

"I think it might be wise to begin our search over there," Gregorie states as he hurries toward the vined-up peoples and the lady with the staff.

"It looks like we're close. I hope your girl-friend is alright," Fredrick adds.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Thanks Captain Obvious and Obvious Jr.
    Reinholdt can't help but think to himself.
    He doesn't say it aloud though, cause that'd be mean and they have been rather nice and helpful.

Reinholdt hurries up, calling out. "AREL! Arel are you there?!" As he goes to check the people hanging upside down.

He doesn't have a clue who that other person is though. Seems vaguely familiar.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-14 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Park]

As Astrana starts to ponder a different solution she's suddenly interrupted by Rein's shouting.

Seeing the ripped Catboy it doesn't take too long to figure out who it is, the voice, the fact he was ripped by the orb.

"Wait, Rein?" So he was a catboy now or something? Made sense though with Arel. "... she's there, but be careful about those vines, they spread some kind of spores which I'm guessing it isn't good to breath in." She tells him while pointing out Arel.

Looks like he had some help though, perhaps she didn't need to use her desperate escape plan now.

The tiefling turns to the other two. "Can you guys kill this thing? I don't think it will let her go easily." Not really much of an introduction but they were fighting a zombie-making plant, no time for names really.

5. - Top - End - #695

[Park]

Gregorie nods and begins rubbing three fingers together, a flame gradually building. "I believe so. If a blade proves to be ineffective then I believe the holy flame of the Emperor will be able to free his love from her bindings."

Wait.

...he's going to burn her down?

Is...

...is that safe?

Fredrick stands ready with his shears in case something attacks! Then he'll be able to flail uselessly some more! He also sneezes due to the thick musk in the air. That stuff is making his sinuses act up. Hmm... Maybe it would be better to just try cutting the woman down?

Freddy walks up to the entangled people and will try to use the sheers to slice through the vines! "Hold onto her so she doesn't fall," he requests of Rein.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-03-15 at 12:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #696

Park

The shears, should Fredrick put quite a bit of force into closing them on one of the vines, will eventually chew through the thick fibrous plant and remove one of Arel's supporting bonds. Her limp form sags a little as the remaining five move to support her a bit better.

Simultaneously, it lets out a muffled shriek of pain, and the previously incapacitated zombies begins struggling to rise. By the looks on their faces, they're still obviously in pain, but they rise up in response to the call. A particularly aggrieved looking businessman reaches out to grasp at Astrana's leg.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

The vine being snapped jars Arel a bit and she turns her head toward her rescuers. Her expression, however, is entirely blank. Her once milky white skin is a strange shade of yellow and some moss covers her cheek. She moans and swipes at Freddy or Rein, whoever happens to be closer at the time.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-03-15 at 05:31 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Well... shoot.
    Reinholdt goes to hold onto Arel with one hand and part of his body and such.

"Keep cutting!" He tells Fredrick. With his other hand, he'll hold a weed killer spray to fire off at any zombies that get too close.

Or rather, Rein gets swiped at. Yikes!
    He backs up.
    "Arel it's me! We need help here. She's turning into one of them." Reinholdt's practically panicking at this point. She already seems like she is one of them. He shakily holds onto his weed killer.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-15 at 02:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #699

[Park]

Astrana panics as she feel the hand touching her foot and suddenly the zombie will find it's arm set aflame unless it can resist this effect. If it can't or doesn't withdraw it's arm, the fire will quickly spread along it's arm, setting the zombie aflame.

It does got a grip on her however which is why she quickly attempts to aim her staff towards it... but trips. Whoops. She barely manages not to fall on her head, just scraping her elbow against the grass. "Ah! Help!"

10. - Top - End - #700

[Park]

Fredrick continues to cut away at the vines! Go Fredrick! Hurry!

Hopefully the former angel will be too busy moaning at Rein to start swinging at Freddy before he's done.

As for Gregoire...

Well.

This looks bad. No recognition of friends. Physical alterations. Violent. Mindless moaning. She seems to have already become a wight.

How very sad.

It seems they were too late.

But suddenly zombiebusinessman! In a single deft motion the Priest's Relic is extended out into a blazing lance and thrust toward the zombie, aiming to transfix him to the ground.

11. - Top - End - #701

Park

Another two vines are sliced through, releasing Arel's neck and right arm from the grip of the plant. Now only the vines holding her legs and waist remain.

The salaryman is set ablaze, and immediately withdraws his grip, screaming in horror as the fires begin to consume his flesh, catching quickly on the various plants that are dotted around his body. Then the lance is shoved through his torso, a spurt of blood and entrails heralding its arrival through his gut.

He collapses in a heap, not yet slain, but even now his death rattle is sounding over the crackling of the flames on his skin.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Woops. Arel is now left dangling upside down by her legs. It'd be comical if the whole situation wasn't so horrible. The woman feebly swings her arms and moans, not able to do much.

13. - Top - End - #703

[Park]

Well.

Isn't that silly?

Fredrick gets to work cutting away at the last two vines! "Hold unto her if you can," he request of the cat-boy. Wouldn't want the poor lady to get dropped on her head after all.

Getting dropped on one's head hurts!

The Templar, meanwhile, will yank his lance out of the poor guy's gut before thrusting it down again, aiming to impale him through the heart. No mercy. No remorse. Efficient and brutal.

It's obvious this guy has killed people before and has no compunctions against doing so again.

Once the business-zombie is dead Gregorie will stoop down and stick a finger in the blood that spurted out of the wound. He'll be checking to see if the blood is fluid or tacky.

Wants to get an idea of how long this guy has been dead. If he's dead at all.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Reinholdt goes to try and grab Arel's arms and hold her to stop her from falling on her head. Might be difficult though.

"Please hurry!" There might yet be time to save her. Rein knows it's probably wishful thinking but to face the alternative...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #705

[Park]

Astrana is quick to get up from the ground and quickly backs away from any nearby zombies, "****ing things..." And then she notices Arel is a zombie as well, how awkward!

More sad then awkward really, now what was she going to do?
    Well, unless more zombies attack her, she'll walk right up to Arel and attempt to remove the chains she gave her from Arel's body. No sense wasting them right?

"Don't worry, I'm sure we can get her straighten out." She tells the catboy while she do this. If she was able to save her boyfriend, Rein have to be able to save his girlfriend.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-16 at 04:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #706

Park

The blood the zombie has spilled is deep red and fluid, just as a normal person's blood would be. Warm too. In fact, all signs point to these people still being alive, if radically altered by the seeds inside them.

Of course, the businessman is no longer among the living, cut down utterly now.

There are, in fact, three vines left to cut, but if Fredrick works quickly he can manage them all, leaving Arel free of the still shrieking creeper vine. He may notice that the ones he cut earlier are growing back rather quickly now, and beginning to move around searchingly.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Arel moans some more, but can't really do to much more. She'll push against Rein's hold on her, but he should be able to hold her, especially with those new muscles.

18. - Top - End - #708

[Park]

Gregoire narrows his eyes ever so slightly at the blood on his fingers as he rises to his feet, contemplating this development. He then pulls a silver aspergill out of his robes and flicks it a few times over the corpse, muttering words in some language that almost certainly won't be understood.

He'll then attempt to totally incinerate the corpse with a pillar of holy flame.

WHOOOSH!

"These 'zombies' are still alive," he states simply as he turns to the others. "If we can remove this plant from your beloved safely she will, with hope, return to normal."

Yay?

"Great! I'll cut her down the rest of the way! Someone keep those vines from re-attaching," Fredrick calls out as he continues to snip.

19. - Top - End - #709

Middleton Apartments

Cessie blinks, "I... no, it's no problem at all. Ariel were in our home after all, I didn't feel that uncomfortable. In fact, I think Harnel very much would like to see you. Apparently he don't have much issue with the Jezebel in our world either."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Common Street]

The scorpion seems confused. What language was that?

"Apperantly not from this time. I sleeped a bit to long and ended up here. So could you help me? The others seem to be to aggressiv."
    Tlannae sighs, looking annoyed, but nods.

"W'haela nimaer t'kaela... Fine, I'll help you."

21. - Top - End - #711

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Tlannae sighs, looking annoyed, but nods.

"W'haela nimaer t'kaela... Fine, I'll help you."
    [Common Street]

The scorpion still looks worried at the smoke where the fight occures.

"Thank you. But would you like to tell me what language your speaking? Maybe I missed the point where common was replaced."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Reinholdt doesn't much care that Astrana is looting the body now of all times.

He narrows his eyes at Astrana as he holds onto Arel. "Stop the vines from getting to her." Hissing out the order in a way that suggests arguing with it is pointless. Seeing as how Fredrick and Rein are trying to get Arel down without crushing her head and are busy, she's really the best/only one for the job anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #713

[Park]

Astrana recognize that tone, she used it not long ago when she argued with Wenomir about the importance of getting back Valente. She decides releasing Arel from the vines Arel probably was more important then getting back the chains.

So without any kind of protest she starts to use her staff to shoot at any vines coming near Arel with arcane energy.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-18 at 02:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #714

Park

Well then, even though she was free by the end of my last post, Arel is now even more free. Astrana's bolts of energy seem to be slowing its regeneration enough that the plant has no chance of reclaiming its captive.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Sojourn]

The gloop is defeated!

Sadly no victory music plays. How very sad...

"Wark!" Wark warks gleefully! He was helpful!

...somehow.

Then a voice from outside the door of the bay, "We are detecting no more hostile life-forms in the cargo-bay. Feel free to leave now and we will negotiate your reward. With the life-forms dispatched we will be able to continue our repairs."

Yay for repairs and rewards!

Repairs and rewards are the best.
    Westlanna picks herself up off the floor, holsters her weapon and goes about brushing grass-bits off of herself as she heads for the door. "Whew. That was an exciting little encounter." she says to no one in particular and everyone in general. "Yay payment, yes?" that was definitely directed at her fellow adventurers.

Just before she exits the grassy cargo bay and steps onto the ship's smooth floors she stops short. "Blast it. I've still got super-goop all over my foot. I'll stick to the floors like a fly on trap-paper." She stares at the stuff, trying to decide how best to get rid of it.

[Limit Street]

I WILL MAKE A NEW POST FOR LIMIT STREET SOON. STAY TUNED :-)
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Park]

Arel moans some more, but can't really do to much more. She'll push against Rein's hold on her, but he should be able to hold her, especially with those new muscles.
    That happens... again I suppose? This post was intended for after she was cut down. So yes, that happens.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Common Street]

The scorpion still looks worried at the smoke where the fight occures.

"Thank you. But would you like to tell me what language your speaking? Maybe I missed the point where common was replaced."
    "It wasn't replaced. I'm just choosing to speak in the language of my home universe at times. Do you have a problem with that?", Tlannae asks, glaring at him.

28. - Top - End - #718

[Park]

Girl cut down?

Check.

No zombies attacking?

Check.

Okay! Now...

"We're going to need a surgeon to remove the plant from her skull," Gregoire comments as he eyes the zombie-former-angel. The surgeons from his home world would probably not be up to a task like this. But he's seen some weird things in the Nexus thus far...

[Sojourn]

MEGA GOOP!

It's actually starting to harden and crumble away like crusty play-dough at this point. Apparently this stuff doesn't last terribly long once it's separated from the blobbies.

The various adventurer types head off toward the door, which Commander Dorf opens for them!

Yay!

He's already pulled up a trolly with all sorts of goodies on it!

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Ah. Whoops. Well then Reinholdt holds onto Arel for now, at least until he tires out. Which might be sooner than normal due to everything that's happened.

"There's no way we have time for that! I thought you said you could heal her? Try it! Quickly!" Reinholdt says, practically pleading.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #720

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "It wasn't replaced. I'm just choosing to speak in the language of my home universe at times. Do you have a problem with that?", Tlannae asks, glaring at him.
    [Common Street]

The scorpion looks confused at her. Was his wording that threating? Seems like the world lost his temper in the time of his sleep. Hopefully the place she shows him won't be like that as well.

"What makes you think I have? Let's just go on, please."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-03-18 at 04:59 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK