New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

"HRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

The EMP blast completely shuts Crosswire down, and stops the pulsing of Jackhammer's jackhammer. The blast also shuts down MP3s MP3 player, and the boy collapses to the ground, clutching his ears and screaming.

"Crosswire!" Heatstroke holds out an arm and tries to explosively ignite the air around Cragg while Concrete takes another useless shot with his shotgun. Silly Concrete, buckshot won't do anything to a stone golem!

Jackhammer picks up MP3 and runs for it. He's surprisingly fast, though it helps that he can run through buildings.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Cragg looks behind him and manages to yell out Sorry kid! before the air around him explodes, thoroughly removing any clothing and putting deep cracks in him. He falls down picks up a thoroughly charred key and turns it in the air, a door appearing. He picks up his spear, shotgun, and arm in one arm-load and stumbles through, closing the door. A few seconds later the door disappears.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Heading Into Trog's!]

"Hmm..." is about the extent of Orange's reply.

Feeling funny? He knows that prickly feeling you get down the back. The sort when something bad is up. But he's not feeling it right now. Mostly he's just feeling a bit confused and sort of thirsty. And he knows well enough that drinking some snuu-berry slurry will fix both of those problems right as rain.

"Okay."

A beat.

"I'm going to get a drink. Yup. That's a good idea."

Into the tavern he goes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    I apologize my good chap, I was merely defending myself. I've been devoured whole once before and it's not an experience I'd like to repeat any time soon! he looks about and shrugs. I do say! Why don't you allow me to treat you to a proper cup of tea at this here fine establishment eh wot?!? he exclaims, pointing towards Trog's

"Yes... that sounds nice, thank you," Cole says, still somewhat confused. He follows the pair into Trog's, with Mori padding beside him.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Cragg looks behind him and manages to yell out Sorry kid! before the air around him explodes, thoroughly removing any clothing and putting deep cracks in him. He falls down picks up a thoroughly charred key and turns it in the air, a door appearing. He picks up his spear, shotgun, and arm in one arm-load and stumbles through, closing the door. A few seconds later the door disappears.
    "Damnit! Who the hell was that?"

"A witness. Come on, help me grab Crosswire and let's get out of here."

Remnant/Police/Whatever Station

Dr. Jackal always taught Jackhammer that he should own up if he did something bad, and Jackhammer is certain that turning a man into barely macroscopic gore counts as bad.

So now some unfortunate Remnant police/security/whatever it is Inside has station will find an abnormally large and amazingly musclebound man with a quartet of jackhammer like objects for a right hand and robotic legs and an iron jaw knocking worriedly on their door whilst carrying a screaming and writhing young man/old boy who seems to be wearing nothing more than a fortunately oversized old hoody.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

[Remnant Station]

The huge man will be met by a Remnant trooper who says briskly: State your business! as a pair of paramedics rushes out to investigate the boy.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

[Inside Jessica's House]

Mayhala nods, frowning thoughtfully, and turning to the window to see what's going on with Ryhan.

"Maybe. But even if you did, whatever happened isn't your fault - you had no reason to believe that he had taken to feeding on humans; his own employers forbid him involving humans in such matters at all, and then, even if he does, say that he's not to harm them, for precisely this reason."
    "My mind understands that, Mayhalla, but logic and feelings are often at odds." Winguardia looks around the room slowly one more time, sighs again, then says, "We should get going."

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    The Streets of Inside
    "...I forgot to mention that my wife gave me a bunch of nifty powers...didn't I?"
    "Oh well."
    "Anyways, you want a job?"

Dave does need someone to fill that position! And he's ruthless in his recruiting process!
    Westlanna steps away, and then plops down on a step beside Dave. "A job? Wait... oh, you did say something about a job... sorry, I was a bit busy worrying about your head."

She slowly wipes his blood off of her hands and onto her bandanna, staring out at where the horizon would be if it weren't for all the buildings in the way. "It has been a while since I worked in a hospital. Sure. I want there to be a place for people to go when they fall off a motorcycle and do not have nifty healing powers. We should have an emergency number and an ambulance too. Not everyone can teleport like Atok could." She nods slowly.

"Well, Dave, it looks like you've got yourself a nurse/lab-tech/MacGyver." She extends her hand for them to shake on that. "Where is this clinic going to be?"
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

[Remnant Station]

"Got to turn...myself in, officer! There was a man and he shot so I punched him good and he went all splodey...and then a statue shot at us...and broke MP3's music!" aside from the pauses his slow thought process causes, Jackhammer's speech is hurried as he hands the boy off to the paramedics.

The boy is clutching his ears and his eye sockets are shut tightly (though there are no eyes within for them to shut over, giving a weird sunken look)

(Recaiden) He lives!

8. - Top - End - #998
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Streets of Inside
    Dave points at where, a ways in the distance, construction is going on!
    "Over there. In the Red Zone. Be there at 8 a.m. on Monday and we'll talk about your schedule some more and get you to work."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #999
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Streets of Inside]

Wes nods. "Sounds like a plan." She seems exceptionally pleased by this. "Monday at 8:00am."
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

[Remnant Station]

The paramedics hurry off to take the boy to the infirmary at the station and administer first aid to keep him alive.
    The soldier sighs. Do you know why the man shot at you?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    [Streets of Inside]

Wes nods. "Sounds like a plan." She seems exceptionally pleased by this. "Monday at 8:00am."
    Streets of Inside
    Dave smiles, summoning his motorcycle again.
    "See you then."
    And then he drives off.

((Clinic will start RPing tomorrowish))
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

[Remnant Station]

They'll find that there's actually nothing wrong physically with the boy.
    Unless they have someone or something that would notice that he has tinnitus (the condition where you hear a buzzing noise when there's no other sounds loud or consistent enough) taken up to eleven.

"Not me. He shot Crosswire, 'cause Crosswire wanted his money."

((Sorry that took an hour, net died))
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-03-31 at 03:09 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

[Remnant Station]

Well, not much they can do about it in this infirmary. Some more serious therapy will be needed after the situation is cleared up.
    Who's Crosswire? The person you brought with you? Next to the soldier, another one is writing all this down.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Remnant Station

"No, Crosswire is the big...guy with the big...shocky...fists...he's mean sometimes...I brought MP3 with me!"" Jackhammer tries to explain things the best way he can.

(Recaiden) He lives!

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

"Oh dear! Friend Subject, please enunciate! This is an unknown condition!"
    Thenadier disappears after he drops a teleportation device. Clearly he wants the robot to use it.

16. - Top - End - #1006

Delmah Phor

Junior, having followed the Xar'cha messenger back to the drow controlled part of the Red Zone. Brandishing the placard he was given the last time he was here, he'll attempt to head straight for Sornnolu's building, eager to see what developments have come to light.

Naturally, he'll stop at the page, if he gets that far without incident, "Ello thar again. Is Sornnolu free now, ee said ta come as soon as I could." His speech is remarkably sober. The walk from the Den must have done him some good.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin’s Emporium]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    Wes walks away to look at something else, then back past the knife again, then away… but she glances back one more time…. Finally she shakes her head ‘no,’ slaps the back of her own hand lightly like a mother does when somebody reaches for cake frosting before it’s time for the party, and walks back toward the counter.
    Aeryn looks up as Wes returns, placing the tricorder down on the counter.
    "Well, it's all scaned, thanks...hey, you didn't find anything you want?" she asks, looking distinctly curious as to why the reasons for that might be!

[Jessica’s House, across the street]

“Unusual? Like a skulking dark elf and a demon-bird breaking in to a crime scene?! Git off my step, and outa my yard!” Not a friendly nosey neighbor at all. Judging by the voice it is either an old woman, or a middle aged one who smoked far too often.
    "Like two friends of the young woman who has apparnently been killed in the house across the street, and who wish to ensure that justice will be done and, hopefully, her returned to life in short order?"
    Rhyan's voice has turned cold (were this a comic, icicles would be hanging from her word-balloons), and her eyes narrow as she stares at the door. "However, if you continue to prove uncooperative, I will take my leave - and place you onto the potential list of suspect accomplices to the crime."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Thenadier disappears after he drops a teleportation device. Clearly he wants the robot to use it.
    RU1 takes up the device, examines it, and shrugs.

"For the good of the patient!"

ACTIVATION!

(Recaiden) He lives!

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

[Remnant Station]

A door appears in front of the station and a one armed statue of a man stumbles through, dropping a spear, a shotgun, and his other arm. He turns and locks the door so it disappears and then he collapses. Cragg...UNGH Stoneheart. Stone Golem. NNNGAAAHH. Didn't know where else MNng to go. I'm in...pain. Whole MOTHER FFFUUUU mess of it.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

20. - Top - End - #1010

Dave's Free Clinic - Red Zone
    Dave pulls up to his newly finished clinic in the Red Zone. It has a great, comforting feel to it.
    Dave de-summons his motorcycle, and opens up the clinic.
    It was Monday, and it was finally time for them to officially open.
    ---

Tsan's Apartment
    A car pulls up outside and a man walks out of it. He walks up to Tsan's apartment door and knocks.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

The tiefling seem to notice their reaction and sigh internally, wherever she went people had the same reaction. "It's a pact bound, it's a willing deal between a mortal and a entity with a part of the soul as a bargain chip in exchange for whatever power the bound offers. It's nothing dangerous, it basically just kills the soul when you die so you don't come back as some twisted undead creature. Or... that's how it works in my world at least." She replies, looking rather awkward at this point, the fact her tail is going back and fourth a clear sign she's nervous.
    *blinkblink* That doesn't exactly make Arel feel better about it. Selling the soul means something entirely different to her, and it's all together more sinister. "Oh... I see." A topic change seems like a good idea.... She's got nothing. Awkward shifting happens.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave pulls up to his newly finished clinic in the Red Zone. It has a great, comforting feel to it.
    Dave de-summons his motorcycle, and opens up the clinic.
    It was Monday, and it was finally time for them to officially open.
    ---

Tsan's Apartment
    A car pulls up outside and a man walks out of it. He walks up to Tsan's apartment door and knocks.
    Tsan comes out of her apartment.
    Hello?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1013

Tsan's Apartment
    The man grins, revealing his pointed teeth.
    "Master Dave sent me to pick you up for your first day at the clinic. But he didn't tell me I'd be picking up such a...beautiful woman."
    "If you'll just follow me to the car, I'll be more than happy to drive you there."

---

Dave gets the patients list for the day and puts it up in the secretary office along with the patient files. He then prepped the ER room for the day, an got Tsan and Westlanna's uniforms ready.
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]
    She blinks and gets into the car, a bit unnerved by the creepitude.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Orc in the Playground

Dave's Free Clinic- Red Zone

Three heavily wrapped figures are here. Two wear gas masks that hide their faces and all are wearing long coats, trousers and large boots. One of the gas masked figures, in a dark blue overcoat reaching past their knees has only one arm. The bare-headed figure is wearing very thick gloves and smells faintly of formaldehyde and vinegar. The remaining figure drags one of his feet along, though it remains pointing forward.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #1016

Dave walks over to the three gentlemen.
    "Hello! As soon as my secretary gets in, we'll sign you in and get on with your visit! Unless...is this an emergency?" he said, first motioning to the comfy looking waiting room chairs then looking concerned.

---

Tsan's Apartment -> Dave's Free Clinic
    "By the way, Dave should be sending your uniform over here pretty soon..."
    And then a wrapped parcel appears in the seat next to Tsan!
    Inside is a comfy, typical secretary gear.
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Orc in the Playground

Dave's Free Clinic- Red Zone

The bare-headed person shakes his head slowly, and one of the gas masked figures says "No, it can wait." The voice is surprisingly feminine, though there's no way of telling whose voice it is. The shrouded trio shall try to find somewhere to sit whilst they wait, however.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clinic]
    She quickly changes into her new uniform thing, getting out when the car arrives.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1019

Dave's Clinic
    "Very well, I guess I'll be talking to you soon then."
    And then Tsan comes in!
    "Ah, Tsan. I'll explain how this'll go..."
    He then explains how to do the whole secretary thing.
    "Now if you could just help those fine people over there..." he said, pointing at the three people who may now be sitting in the waiting room.
    "And then show them into Room 1 so I can discuss with them why they're here."
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clinic]
    Tsan goes over to the people.
    This way, please.
    She will lead them over to Room 1; I presume she knows or has found out where it is beforehand.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show