New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

[Inside Streets]

The Templar nods. "The abbey of the Sisters is located high on the slopes of Mount Anthor. The snow there never melts and the journey to the abbey is... difficult to say the least."

That's a bit of an understatement.

The trek is quite the undertaking.

"The climb is an act of devotion for the Sisters of Silence. Though as I understand they have seen fit to adopt a... faster method of travel acquired from this very city when utmost haste is required."

They bought a teleportation pad that takes a person to a smaller shrine near the base of the mountain.

"I can lead you to Mount Anthor. Regardless of whether you choose to train or not you'll be expected to do your share of the daily chores to keep the abbey running."

[On the Way to Mallside]

"Well you should know my name since you gave it to me,"
    Vines huffs, crossing her arms over her chest. Thankfully her appearance isn't... eerr... anatomically correct. Otherwise this would probably be a lot more awkward for quite a few people.

Vines, for the record, look like an elf. An elf made of woody rose branches for bones and tiny rose vines for muscles and thin rose bark for skin. Her 'hair' consists of numerous fine vines covered in blood-red roses. She has a pair of thorny branch-antlers, hands and feet like the talons of an eagle, and a distinctly reptilian tail. Both made of plant material, of course. A thin miasma of golden motes follow her, shimmering inside her empty eye sockets and the branch-covered cavity in her abdomen. The scent of the air around her is sweet and rosy, tending to calm the emotions and quiet the mind.

She also looks rather grumpy.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-07 at 11:35 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1262

[Inside Streets]

Hildur suddenly becomes excited at the prospect of going somewhere where it snowed. Maybe this Nexus wasn't so bad, if she could at least snowboard.

"Of course. I mean, I don't have the money to pay for a room, but I can definitely help out." She gains a new bounce to her step as she follows Gregoire.

3. - Top - End - #1263

((Last post for me. Need sleeps. The abbey will be in Random))

[Inside Streets ==> Gates]

"I can point you in the right direction, at the very least," Templar Gregoire continues. "I had planned on giving word of my progress here to a Nun who has been learning of this City. Sister Agatha. She can take you to the abbey while I continue my duties here protecting the people from the forces of Discord."

It's a full time job after all.

As they near the gates of Inside Hildur might notice a woman in a nun's habit nearby. Though... the skirt is split down the middle and the Nun is wearing leggins. Probably to offer greater mobility.

Ninja and all.

"I should probably warn you ahead of time that 'The Sisters of Silence' is a very old name for the order and doesn't properly describe them in a literal sense. Sister Agatha for example-"

"HELLO Brother Gregorie!" the Nun calls out whilst still some distance away, waving happily. "OH! Who's that? Did you bring a friend?"

"-is rather exuberant."

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

[On the way to Mallside]

"Yeah, that's what I said sorry for. It wasn't my intention to lock you into anything, a form or otherwise. Nobody should have control taken away from them like that." There's a bit of bitterness there. Perhaps in relation to his own new personal trouble. Speaking of which, his three blue furred snaky tails are all working towards holding his pants up - having exploded out, it rather destroyed the waistline. He's also shirtless. He has blue hair and slitted magenta eyes with irises so wide they don't show the slcera (whites).
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Silent Sleep]

With a load snort, Cynthia wakes up. She tilts her head up and looks around groggily. "Huh?" Is her only response. She's tired... z.z
    [Silent Sleep]

"Are you okay? Someone have been in the room!" Astrana says as she slowly attempts to get out of bed. She knew this had been a bad idea, this hotel had bad news written all over it.

The tiefling forces her eyes wide open as she looks around the room for any changes, if the idol hadn't screamed that meant they must have passed it by somehow. Unless of course Cynthia had been up at night...

"...were you up last night? My idol detected movement." She asks, trying to calm herself down even if she still sound somewhat panicked.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silent Sleep]

"Nuh uh. I was sleeping." Cynthia drags herself out of bed and wanders over to Astrana's room. She stops at the door, rubbing her bleary eyes.

7. - Top - End - #1267

[Silent Sleep]

"Then someone was in here last night while we were sleeping." Astrana declares, removing the sheet as she starts to rummage through her bag.

Nothing stolen.

Cynthia can see the tiefling walking over to the idol to get a closer look. It's surface was smooth, no signs of cracks or imperfections. That couldn't be it.

Had their souls been stolen without their consent? Had their memories been removed? She had read of such things, demons and mind vampires.
    Of course, Cynthia was a demon...

"Something have happened in here, you notice anything different? Feel anything?" Could she be of use at least once?

8. - Top - End - #1268

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Morningside

When they're done, Missy turns to Magtok. "Can you telewarp us somewhere private? The MagCave maybe? I don't feel very steady."
    Morningside

"Sure."

As Magtok tears open a telewarp portal back home, it briefly occurs to Magtok to speculate as to what Missy means by private, and if there's any terrible agenda behind that, which might or might not have something to do with curtains. Magtok violently curb-stomps that idea, however, stabs a dagger right into its heart and spits in the idea's stupid ugly face. Stupid brain, seeing things that aren't there and expecting terrible awkward and/or violent disasters everywhere. I mean, you and Missy are just friends, for gods' sakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

Morningside

Clearly she wants to make another baby. That's the only possible conclusion!

Through the portal they go. To the MagCave!

Vacant Lot

"Yes. I want to return to the wilderness," Cole says. "If you know the way... I... I don't have anything to offer you in return but my gratitude."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-04-08 at 11:50 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silent Sleep]

The demon yawns. "I don't think so. I feel fine." Cynthia unties the ribbons holding her hair in pigtails. She should have done that last night. Her hair is a mess.

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel wakes up, lying facing toward Rein. She watches him sleep for a moment before sitting up and taking a look around. This place is a mess. They couldn't sleep in the bed because it's still burned and waterlogged, and this room isn't doing a heck of a lot better. At least they had the futon to sleep on.

She moves one of her vines in front of her, taking a moment to take a closer look at it. It's so strange being able to move and feel it, yet still it feels somehow normal at the same time. Like it's a part of her... which she supposes it is.

11. - Top - End - #1271

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    ((Last post for me. Need sleeps. The abbey will be in Random))

[Inside Streets ==> Gates]

"I can point you in the right direction, at the very least," Templar Gregoire continues. "I had planned on giving word of my progress here to a Nun who has been learning of this City. Sister Agatha. She can take you to the abbey while I continue my duties here protecting the people from the forces of Discord."

It's a full time job after all.

As they near the gates of Inside Hildur might notice a woman in a nun's habit nearby. Though... the skirt is split down the middle and the Nun is wearing leggins. Probably to offer greater mobility.

Ninja and all.

"I should probably warn you ahead of time that 'The Sisters of Silence' is a very old name for the order and doesn't properly describe them in a literal sense. Sister Agatha for example-"

"HELLO Brother Gregorie!" the Nun calls out whilst still some distance away, waving happily. "OH! Who's that? Did you bring a friend?"

"-is rather exuberant."
    [Gates]

Hildur stifles a bit of laughter. "That's just fine," she says. "I can handle exuberance." She waves to the Nun, trying to be friendly.

12. - Top - End - #1272

[Silent Sleep]

"...well, we need to get out of here. Now." She says while trying to rearrange her own long hair which is easier said then done. "Just get your clothes on, we can use an toilet outside."

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Reinholdt can't think of anything for Reinholdt to do at the moment, so he's still sleeping, hoping all of yesterday was just an unpleasant dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel won't wake him just yet. Instead she shall get up and dressed. She crawls out of bed and heads into the shower. She lingers there for longer than she would otherwise. Then she'll head out and go to find some clothes... Nothing she owns can be worn with vines growing out of her back. Well... except that one dress...

Some time after she left Rein, she will return and sit on the edge of the futon, provided he hasn't woken up. She's wearing that skimpy, backless, purple dress she wore while working at MaGLoG. She will proceed to try and wake him up gently. "Rein?"

[Silent Sleep]

"Okay." Cynthia quickly goes to change into her dress and grab her other clothing. A few minutes later she'll return, ready to leave.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Pixie in the Playground

[Percilia's Warehouse]

As the proper code is punched into the keypad, the thick metal door before Dipsnig slides open, unveiling a storage space stacked high with humongous crates of reinforced steel and smaller padlocked steel crates stacked up four stories high. There's a lot of cover in here, if anyone needed it. Percilia stands beside a black, heavily armored Humvee with a .50 caliber machine gun turret mounted on its top. In her hands, she wields a chaingun of epic proportions, spanning such a length that if it were stood on its barrel, it'd dwarf her easily. Strapped to her back is a bullpup rifle of unknown caliber, but judging by the tech level it might be a laser rifle. Her eyes are covered in a device that closely resembles the scouter from Dragon Ball Z.

"Do come in. I need to check your equipment and issue you both some explosive rounds and other assorted gear before we roll out."

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Rein wakes up slowly. At first. Then it's quite clear he starts awake, and not in the generally good way.

Still he's awake and sitting up properly.
    "Morning Arel..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1277

[Silent Sleep]

Astrana have just made sure her hair looks fine and haven't even bothered with changing clothes as Cynthia return. "Great, let's get out of here."

They will then go to the elevator and attempt to take it to the base floor, if this succeeds the warlock will lead the little demon out of the hotel as fast as possible, leaving the key's at the reception.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Orc in the Playground

Silent Sleep

Today the concierge is a grimlock; a pallid, eyeless humanoid. It feels the keys over trying to find the markings of which room it belongs to before reaching out to find the right hook.

This will take a while.

In the meantime, though, Cynthia and Astrana can leave without incident.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel visibly flinches when Rein starts awake. She takes a moment to collect herself before speaking. "Good morning, Reinholdt." She seems unsure what else to say.

[Silent Sleep]

Cynthia follows her out without incident. She's still rather tired, but Astrana's urgency is making her more alert. Once they're outside she asks. "What happened?"

20. - Top - End - #1280

[Silent Sleep]

"I'm not sure but while we slept someone was in out room doing stars know what. I dreamed about hell again which means there was some bad influence in that room, it's enough for me to check myself out back in the manor." And with those words she sets off towards the railroad home.

Assuming the demon follows along they eventually are seated at the subway back to Riverside where Astrana suddenly asks, "Hey Cynthia... what is your hell like by the way?"

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

He can't terrify her! She terrified him!

There's some moments of awkward silence. Rein is rather disappointed it wasn't all a dream. But he finally asks, "How are you feeling?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline]

Cynthia leans her head against the window and closes her eyes. Tiiired. She opens them again when Astrana talks though. "Mm, buncha lost souls and some nasty fiery places. Some places are not like that though. Nobody wants to stay in the bad places all the time." Except for the really unhinged demons. There's plenty of those. "There are these really awesome hotsprings in one part. I could sit there all day."

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"I... I don't know. I mean, I feel fine. I feel good even." She can't really explain it. Besides the clothing problems, the vines haven't caused her any trouble at all. "How about you?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-04-08 at 08:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Well that's relieving or really, really concerning. Reinholdt is undecided.

"I, uh, feel alright I suppose." The muscles aren't really in the way, but they do feel kind of weird.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1284

[Inside Gates]

"Helloooo! I'm Sister Agatha!" the nun will attempt to take one of Hildur's hands in both of hers and beam at her cheerfully. "Any friend of Brother Gregoire's is a friend of mine!"

"She hopes to be able to stay at the abbey," the Templar mentions.

Agatha's eyes get huuuuuge. No doubt they would be all sparkly right now if this were an anime. "*gaaaasp!* That's SO great! Are you just looking for a place to stay? Or are you going to become a Sister too?"

Gregoire decides to let the snowboarder answer that question.

Hopefully before Sister Agatha manages to get off on some other totally unrelated topic.

That happens a lot.

[Vacant Lot]

"I can show you the way," Fredrick replies simply as he rises to his feet and offers Cole a hand up. "And... I should probably warn you the wilderness is dangerous. So many people in this land are ignorant of the ways of the Emperor. And creatures of Discord have been causing mischief unopposed."

A beat.

"Eerr... you wouldn't know what that means... There are monster. Dangerous creatures. And that's besides the bandits and other brigands that prey on lone travelers."

[One The Way to Mallside]

"Neh... Whatever you say, Dumb Human," Vines replies dismissively. "It's only a year. And this usually happens to all of us eventually. Just deal with it and move on."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-08 at 09:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

Vacant Lot

"I think I'll be okay. I've been travelling in the wilderness for weeks now." He lets Frederick help him up, but when he steps back on the sidewalk, he winces. The buzzing in his head is much worse when he's not touching the ground. "At least there will be earth beneath my feet."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #1286

[Inside Gates]

Hildur is just as cheerful when her hand is clasped. "It is a pleasure. My name is Hildur." She becomes a little apprehensive when asked about becoming a Sister.

"Well, I don't know much about your order, but I would love somewhere cold and snowy to sleep."

27. - Top - End - #1287

[Vacant Lot]

Fredrick offers Cole a concerned smile.

And...

Directions to the gate. Via walking!

"You... didn't encounter any monsters on the way here, did you?" the young man inquires. "Though come to think of it I didn't see any on my way from my village to here either... Maybe the roads are safer than some have lead me to believe..."

He still feels...

Wrong about this.

Sending this young man off alone.

Or at least alone plus dog.

[Inside Gates]

"Haha! Usually people hate the cold and snow! But I like it, I think it's beautiful!" Sister Agatha laughs. "It's because Azazel makes it, you know. The cold and snow. You probably don't know about Her yet. But I'm sure you'll have time to learn all about that old crone and the Emperor!"

Brother Gregorie sighs and rolls his eyes. Not in the irritated way. In the, 'oh you silly person' sort of way. "Come now, Sister. You're going to talk her ear off."

28. - Top - End - #1288

[Inside Gates]

Hildur listens while smiling. "I don't mind. I'm probably going to stay there, so I'll be talked at a lot, right?" She adjusts her backpack and moves her goggles so that they rest around her neck.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Troll in the Playground

Inside >> Gates

"I met some men made of metal, and another man made of stone. There was a giant bear who menaced us, but then turned and left us alone."
    He pauses in his speech to think, though not in his steps. He's anxious to get to the gates as soon as possible. "None of the wild beasts we encountered attacked us."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1290

[Inside Gates]

"You're fortunate to have had such a relatively peaceful visit here. The Emperor must be watching over you," Fredrick replies in a rather encouraging tone.

It...

Actually isn't too long before Fredrick and Cole reach the gates! The Nexus is strange like that. Some times one's destination is right around the corner. Others it seems intent on frustrating any hope of finding the right route.

What an odd place.

And there are people milling around near the gate!

A Templar. A Nun. A snowboarder.

And of course Terry the Gate Guard. But Terry is always here so that should come as no surprise what so ever.

"Oh," Fredrick comments abruptly. "I think that's Templar Gregoire. I'm not sure who those people with him are though..."

They should be close enough to hear Sister Agatha by now. She doesn't appear to believe in using an inside-voice.

"Only some! We're got lots of books and stuff and things!" Agatha comments cheerfully. "If you aren't interested in joining the order then you won't have to worry about most of it. Just do a great job with the chores and I'm sure you'll get along great with everyone!"