New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

[Inside Gates]

Hildur doesn't notice Frederick or Cole arriving. "Sounds easy enough to me," she says to Agatha. "Though I suppose before I decide on anything, I should check out this abbey. You don't mind if I accompany you there?"

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Inside Gates

One really should use one's inside voice when Inside. *nodnod*

"Thank you for yourhelpIhavetogo." Cole makes a break for it. He's not interested in the people at the gate. He wants to get through the gate, to the other side. He is desperate to be in a place of Not City as quickly as he can, and he breaks into a run.

Mori, of course, thinks a run through a crowd is simply delightful and is happy to participate!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1293

[Inside Gate]

"Emperor watch over you!" Fredrick calls after Cole as the boy and his dog go zooming off through the gate!

Terry the Gnoll tips his helmet at the lad as he passes.

The Templar watches the whole exchange. And certainly doesn't miss Cole zooming past. "Making a positive impression on the people of the city, I see?"

That results in a sour face from Fredrick. "He was looking for the way out of the city. This place is just... too strange for him."

"It's really strange and really fun!" Sister Agatha enthuses. "I got to meet all sorts of neat people!"

And punch all sorts of neat people too.

Agatha is then grinning at the snowboarder. "Oh sure! I can show you the way there! I'm heading over right now to give my report on all the neat things in the City to the Mother of the abbey!"

Doesn't that sound keen?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #1294

[Inside Gates]

Cole and Mori running through the gate does catch Hildur's attention, but only for a few moments. She's not really interested in talking to him again, considering just how well the last conversation went.

"Well, that's rather convenient for me, then," she says to Agatha.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Percilia's Warehouse]

As the proper code is punched into the keypad, the thick metal door before Dipsnig slides open, unveiling a storage space stacked high with humongous crates of reinforced steel and smaller padlocked steel crates stacked up four stories high. There's a lot of cover in here, if anyone needed it. Percilia stands beside a black, heavily armored Humvee with a .50 caliber machine gun turret mounted on its top. In her hands, she wields a chaingun of epic proportions, spanning such a length that if it were stood on its barrel, it'd dwarf her easily. Strapped to her back is a bullpup rifle of unknown caliber, but judging by the tech level it might be a laser rifle. Her eyes are covered in a device that closely resembles the scouter from Dragon Ball Z.

"Do come in. I need to check your equipment and issue you both some explosive rounds and other assorted gear before we roll out."
    That's some heavy ordnance, Dipsnig comments, stepping inside.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Riftline]

Astrana bites her lip as she hears Cynthia's reply, "So what do you do all day? As a demon I mean? Torture people?" She asks, looking out over the passing tunnels from the window.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

Well that's relieving or really, really concerning. Reinholdt is undecided.

"I, uh, feel alright I suppose." The muscles aren't really in the way, but they do feel kind of weird.
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel frowns a little. "Are you sure? You can tell me anything you know?" She gives him a meaningful look and reaches forward to try and take his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Riftline]

Astrana bites her lip as she hears Cynthia's reply, "So what do you do all day? As a demon I mean? Torture people?" She asks, looking out over the passing tunnels from the window.
    [Riftline]

Cynthia shakes her head. "Some people like to do that, but I don't get it. I usually don't do anything with the souls that are there." It's entirely possible she's forced some poor souls to play tag with her for hours, though. "I just kinda... do stuff. I dunno. Hang out with people, play games, stuff like that." She shrugs.

8. - Top - End - #1298

[Riftline]

"Sounds like demons aren't too different from mortals." Astrana observes. "Almost like a workplace except you don't get paid." She pauses a moment as she look back at Cynthia. "That's a good question actually, what do demons want out of life? You live forever right?"

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline]

Aren't too different. Except on average, demons at their best are immoral, and at their worst... Well, you don't want to know.

"Uh huh." Cynthia furrows her little brow. These sorts of questions are beyond what her young mind has ever considered. After a moment she comes up with her best response. "I dunno." Well, that wasn't very helpful at all.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"I... yeah." Reinholdt says, letting her take his hand. He doesn't know why, but he feels like he should follow Arel's lead on this one. Strange.

"I mean, it just all feels so... surreal you know? Like we fell into Magler's vat of nuka-giggle juice and it's all a fever-induced dream."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1301

[Riftline]

The tiefling puts her hands behind her head and leans back in her seat, looking up at the ceiling. "Mm... how old are you exactly Cynthia? 10? 800? 27?" She asks absentmindedly.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Maybe at another time she would have laughed at nuka-giggle juice, but she doesn't feel all that mirthful at the moment. "But we can't worry about it that much. We're both alive and not hurt. That's what's important."

[Riftline]

"You already asked me this before, silly." Cynthia giggles. "I'm like, thirteen? Something like that. It's kinda hard to keep track."

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Nuka-giggle juice is serious business. It's one of Magler's most potent weapons. =x

"Yeah. I think so." Reinholdt says, glancing at her vines again. Are they really not hurt though? Guess only time will tell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1304

[Riftline]

"No wonder, I can hardly keep track on the years without the core, I can't imagine how hard to must be to keep track of it without regular day and night cycles." Astrana says before falling silent once again.

Then after being quiet for some time she attempts to start a conversation again, "So what do you like to do when we get back to the manor? I will need something to do."

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel smiles a little and leans forward to give him a kiss on the cheek. She looks down and picks at the skirt of her dress. "We should do something, just to get away from this for a little bit. I kind of need some new clothes. This is all I have that fits. Maybe we could go to the mall?" She suggests.

[Riftline]

((I shall post here when I get more time.))

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"I suppose we can. We'll need to work on cleaning this place up a bit later too." And check to see if Bobbie's back by then, hopefully. Rein's a bit concerned that she hasn't gotten back yet.

He also doesn't know where they're going to get money to spend at the mall.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel doesn't expect them to buy much, that's for certain. She just wants clothing that covers past her knees and that doesn't have a neckline that dips so low. =x

Arel nods. "Great. Let me go grab my bag." She gets up and heads into the bedroom. The bag is still on the floor where she'd left it. Thankfully it's been spared any damage. It's just a bit wet. She hesitates for a second, then scoops it up with a vine. After making sure what little money she has from working is still there.

Presumably Rein will need some time to get ready. We can probably just timeskip them heading to Mallside. Feel free to post there.

[Riftline]

"Um..." Cynthia ponders something fun, but what. "Oh, I know. we could make a cave out of blankets and cushions." She suggests. Her eyes lighting up at the prospect.

18. - Top - End - #1308

[Riftline]

Astrana giggles, "Only if I get to be queen of the cave." She says with a smile.

19. - Top - End - #1309

[Inside Gates]

"Sure is!" Sister Agatha enthuses. "C'mon, let's get going! Hopefully the Emperor will give us a peaceful journey or maybe some brigands to dispense JUSTICE! to!"

Umm...

I, uuh...

I don't think Hildur would be too keen on the whole JUSTICE! thing. What with being a totally normal person with no combat training to speak of. Maybe she should explain that over in the Random Locations thread?

Anywho, that leaves Templar Gregoire and Fredrick (and Terry the Gate Guard, who is currently a hobgoblin) here.

The Templar sets back off into the city and motions Fredrick to follow him. After traveling a good six blocks in silence he begins to speak upon reaching [A Dark Side-Street]. "I've been hunting a Huldra for some days now," the Templar says. That word alone is enough to make Fredrick balk. "I believe I may be able to use your help destroying it."

Fredrick had paused mid-stride when this revelation is made. Had he really improved so much so quickly? He has to jog after Gregoire to catch up. "I would be honored to help, Templar! What do I need to d-"

The young man blinks.

Then looks down in time to see the blood-stained dagger being withdrawn from his gut. He staggers back several steps clutching his wound as crimson seeps between his fingers, vision going somewhat unfocused as thoughts of pain and confusion and betrayal swirl through his mind. Though only one word manages to escape his lips. "Why...?"

The Templar casually pulls a handkerchief and begins cleaning the blood off his dagger. "Because I have need of what you will be rather than what you are. And I'm done waiting. So I'm simply hastening the process along," comes the somewhat confusing reply as the dagger is put away and a weird bottle with a brass knob on the top is extracted from Gregoire's cassock.

He seems to pick up on Fredrick's baffled look and shakes his head.

"Did you honestly believe that I was training you to be a Priest? One so born of a sinful union such as yourself could never carry the Divine Flame. It would be sacrilege."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-09 at 05:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1310

A Dark Side Street

It was long past time since he wore this form. Long past time since he felt the joy of killing with his bare hands, rather than lazed about under cover of the hive's purpose. Disconnected now, as he was, from the hive's constant call, he could safely ignore it, and work towards his own ends once more.

And it was time to show those who have forgotten him just what name they should give to their fears.

So down a dark side street he walks, drawn by the sense of bloodlust he could feel radiating in his soul. The slivers abhorred his presence, though they could not be rid of him. The fire in his veins burned at their link, subjugated them away from their queen.

Jenna... he could follow her, so long as she did not interfere with his whims.

"The hills are alive, and they're killing people." Jakob breathes out through new teeth, his massive 15' form barely squeezing through the street as he lumbers towards Gregoire and Fredrick, the tableau playing out before his eyes like so many others.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline]

Cynthia grins. "Okay, but I get to be the princess!" She says enthusiastically. This is going to be so much fun.

22. - Top - End - #1312

[A Dark Side Street]

"I... I don't understand..." Fredrick wheezes. It feels like he's on fire inside. And not just from that knife wound either. As though flames were burning away at his organs, leaving nothing but a hollow husk behind.

And as a matter of fact...

Blue fox-fire is beginning to lick at his limbs as stray wisps drift and dance on the air.

Gregoire just sighs. "Priest John told me you were a bit dull, but I'm surprised you still haven't figured it out. You were marked by Discord because of your bastard birth. Priest John knew that the time of your twisting was drawing near and so he placed you under my care."

That weird jar is held aloft.

"When your soul is expelled from your body it'll be easy enough to capture it. To use it to control you," Gregoire continues, a rather crooked smile tugging at the edge of his mouth. "And there's no bait a Huldra likes so much as a weaker Huldra."

"Huldra..." Fredrick mutters, the word filling him with dread as the fox-fire consumes everything else that fills him.

Gregoire is about to say something else, probably something nasty and biting, when suddenly the mountain of a man appears! The Templar curses, keeping a firm hold on the jar and calling upon the power of his Relic. "Be gone, monster. This is a place of a holy ritual. I can send you to hell when I'm finished."

Fredrick doubles over, hands clutching the filthy cobbles as the fox-fire continues on to spread over nearly his whole body. And where it no longer burns his flesh has been turned black as night. Two long tongues of blue flame begin flickering from the base of his spine, growing longer moment by moment as they dance and twist and twine. "Please... Emperor... Please... not this! Have mercy on me..." the poor barrel-maker pleads.

23. - Top - End - #1313

A Dark Side Street

"Is this what you call holiness, little cloth-bearer? You take his soul and use his body as bait for monsters, because of birth? Jakob takes souls as well, knows well the power they give him, but he does not fool himself into thinking it holy. Jakob thinks little praying man's soul will be better off with an honest killer than a holy one." A thick, meaty hand extends outwards, and pulls back with a wrenching, twisting grab that should disrupt the soul-taking process, unless it's too late to do so. He's trying to pull the soul right out of the air towards himself.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #1314

[A Dark Side-Street]

The Templar's spiritual senses give him a pretty solid idea of what the hulking 'man' is trying to do. The fact that Freddy just got yanked forward whilst giving an inhuman yelp of surprise sorta helps to back up that feeling.

"You will NOT interfere with the Empyreum's work, fiend!" Gregoire thunders as he levels his Relic at Jakob and launches a searing white bolt at him. The projectile will cause about as much damage as an enchanted crossbow bolt. That's on fire.

Fredrick, meanwhile... Is in pretty bad shape. His arms have been burned away completely, all human flesh and skin replaced with midnight black fox-paws. Pain is burning through his body as his organs are literally incinerated inside of him, the flames beginning to eat a hole through his back.

His mind is racing. His soul is about to be coughed out of his body like a hair-ball. He'll lose all memory of who he was and become a vile monster of Discord. There has to be some way...

Wait!

The Glass Orb from the Encounter!

Fumbling awkwardly with his new paws at his fallen pack (the arm-straps of which have already been seared off) he begins digging through his belongings frantically. Yes! Yes, there is is! Now all he has to do is-

The Glass Orb slips out of his grip on account of lacking hands.

"NO!" Fredrick cries as he dives for the Orb as it rolls away down the street, bouncing and tumbling along the cobbles.

25. - Top - End - #1315

A Dark Side-Street

The bolt slams into Jakob's left pectoral, searing through his shirt and barely blemishing the flesh beneath. The magical flame leaves a nasty red burn, but there is minimal penetration.

"And you shall not kill a tiny bear cub with such puny magic, holy killer. Come face Jakob in true combat, or Jakob will come over there." The heavily accented giant slams a fist against one of the nearby walls to punctuate his sentence, eyes focused on Gregoire and ignoring Fredrick's burning transformation entirely.

26. - Top - End - #1316

[A Dark Side-Street]

Gregoire grits his teeth. This is taking too long! At this rate he won't be able to complete the ritual and Fredrick's soul will escape! Then he'll have two Huldra to hunt down instead of ONE!

This must be the work of Discord. Trying to foil the ordained plans of the Empyreum. He'll have to act quickly. Trap Fredrick's soul and then deal with this brute. The Templar takes a few steps back, turning toward Fredrick and brandishing the bottle as he begins reciting the holy liturgy.

Fredrick, meanwhile, pounces on the Orb, wrapping his paws around it as the fox-fire greedily devours what few vestiges of humanity he has remaining. He clamps his teeth around the Orb and exhales sharply into it just as the flames begin licking over his face.

Gregoire quickly finishes his liturgy only to have the soul-catching bottle shatter in his hands. Ouch!

Fredrick collapses, his form completely obscured in a pyre of blue flames.

The Templare clutches his bleeding hand, eyes darting between the rapidly maturing Huldra (that will almost without a doubt be upset with him) and the hulking giant closing in from behind. "Well. This didn't go as planned at all."

27. - Top - End - #1317

A Dark Side-Street

Jakob does not close in slowly, instead he bunches his legs where he stands and slings out his other arm to hit the other wall, bracing himself. Then, when the bottle breaks and Gregoire speaks to himself, the giant uses all four limbs to push off, flinging himself an impressive distance.

If all goes according to plan, Jakob's trajectory should have him landing feet first atop Gregoire's head. Considering the mountain of muscle the giant is packing, that could be a very bad thing.

28. - Top - End - #1318

[A Dark Side-Street]

Yeah.

Having something that large land on you would almost without a doubt be lethal. Gregoire leaps into a tumble, carrying himself under the incoming giant quite deftly. The guy moves with grace and alacrity, certainly at the peak of what's possible for a normal human. His back turned to the flying chunks of cobble no doubt hurled by Jakob's impact the Templar warps his Relic into a blazing white blade and attempts to sever the giant's Achilles tendon.

In terms of destructive force the weapon is quite potent. Very easily a powerful magical sword. Though sadly it only functions with lightsaber-like cutting power against slaves of Discord and servants of Azazel.

The flames gradually die down around Freddy, revealing that every trace of humanity has been completely consumed. In his place is a fox-like creature the size of a large wolf. Twilit blue and charcoal grey and midnight black. Wisps of fox-fire dance and flit around it as two tails slowly sway back and forth. The whole of the beast's back is covered in thick mossy oak bark.

In his mouth is clutched a softball sized orb of red flames surrounded by a bluish miasma.

Freddy shakily rises to his feet, senses swimming, alien sensations and impulses bombard his woozy mind. The strongest of which is the horrible empty ache of hunger and longing from inside his hollow body. That terrifying feeling that he's lost something precious that he can never hope to truly regain. And the terrifying understanding of how best to fill that void.

He spits out his Orb, which simply floats in the air next to him connected by an near-invisible gossamer strand. And then? Then he tries to focus on the fight going on nearby. Focuses on that burning hate of being so callously used and betrayed.

29. - Top - End - #1319

A Dark Side-Street

The blade sinks into Jakob's heel deeply, not quite reaching where his bones should be. He does not seem to falter though, snarling over the wound and lashing out with a fist and attempting to knock the relic from Gregoire's hand, or wound the templar's arm through sheer force.

"Is this all the fight you can muster holy killer? Be grateful you die by my hand tonight, for you would not have lasted long had we not met."

30. - Top - End - #1320

[A Dark Side-Street]

Eventually Freddy finally manages to he the hang of this whole standing thing. Head is still swimming, though. Hard to even focus on how much he wants to kill Gregoire for very long...

But then...

Then something catches his eye.

A string of red jade beads on a leather strap. With a small silver Relic hanging off them. How his prayer beads survived that inferno Freddy doesn't know. But he doesn't care, either.

They had belonged to his grandfather. The beads at least. The Relic was a gift from Priest John and now an object of the Huldra's disdain. Another person who had betrayed him.

He reaches out with one paw to try to scoop the beads up, forgetting completely about his lack of opposable thumbs. And as soon as he touches the holy objects a rather awful sizzling sound results.

Freddy pulls his limb away in pain and surprise, letting out an inhuman scream of frustration and agony in the process.

Meanwhile!

Templar Gregoire gets clobbered!

Ouch!

The Relic is attached to a string of prayer beads wrapped around the length of the Templar's arm, so knocking it out of his grasp is kinda hard. It does send him careening into a wall, though.

*CRUNCH!*

And the Templar leaps back to his feet pretty darn quickly! Holy crap, that wall probably suffered more by the impact than he did! He shrugs off his cassock/coat leaving just the tunic and breeches under it, cracks his neck, and then levels his Relic-blade at the giant.

"No," Gregoire replies simply as a faint golden miasma begins to waft around him.